MAC Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

4.6

on 1/11/2009 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is another staple item. What would I do without this? I have tried to stray away from it just to test out other products but I still keep coming back to this one.
I like the control you have over it. you can be very gentle and light with the pencil then go in and darken it up as you please. It lasts all day but I love to use the brow set with it to blend and keep the brows in place.
The only thing is that I wish you could see when its about to run out.
But it is something that I would like to have back up of.

on 12/28/2008 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

Perfect eyebrow pencil for those of us not blessed in the brow department. Unfortunately, doesn't last too long. Wish it were longer. that's the only reason I didn't give it a "5."

on 12/8/2008 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

After using Clinique's quickliner for eyes in Smoky Brown as an eyebrow pencil for the last few years, I wanted to try something different. Mac's eyebrow crayon in Spiked is a great colour match for me (Asian with black hair). My eyebrows aren't terribly sparse, but I find that I need a little bit of definition in some areas. This looks quite natural on me as did Clinique's pencil. I've tried black eyebrow pencils in the past and they were always too harsh looking. I think I like the texture of Mac's eyebrow pencil a little better, because it's a bit firmer than Clinique's (mind you the quickliner is supposed to be an eyeliner) so I get a bit more precision when I use the Mac pencil. Will definitely repurchase this when I run out.

on 11/22/2008 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Practical packaging, right tint, long staying power ,what else should i ask for? I have lots of gaps in my brows because i used to tease them all the time. The pencil is soo easy to use and stays for hours. Amazing product, i purchased twice and will do for third time as well..

on 11/10/2008 2:02:00 PM

This might go to HG status for me after a while. I've only been using this for a couple of weeks, and I only use it in a sparse area on my left brow.

Spiked is a dark brunette with no red whatsoever. It's a good shade for me when used very lightly, but too much of it and it looks too dark on me (NC30, Eurasian, chestnut hair, medium brown eyebrows). I can't use this on the rest of my brow without looking like Joan Crawford. That is unless I use a VERY light hand and only use Spiked on the whole brow for an evening look. For daytime use, I reserve my use of Spiked for just that one area.

For the rest of my brows, Lingering is perfect. Adds shape and definition in just the right shade. I definitely have more love for Lingering.

As for the crayon, it is very easy to use, and you can get fine lines from it for great definition. I don't have to use much, so I think it will take me a while to get through this.

Definite repurchase!

UPDATE (1/5/09): Can't live without this. Enough said.

on 10/19/2008 6:43:00 PM

The absolute perfect and most natural-looking eyebrow pencil ever. I've been using this for about five years, and every time I stray back to a drugstore pencil to try and save money, I remember WHY Spiked is so awesome - it's hands down the most natural looking eyebrow color ever on me. Compared to it, I find most drugstore browns to actually have very reddish or orange undertones and it's very unnatural looking on me. But Spiked is perfect, perfect, perfect. It applies easily, and then, at least on my skin, it SETS, so it's important to blend it quickly. It usually will wear into the next day for me. It's such a wonderful pencil. Seriously, I have very few true HGs in the world of beauty, and Spiked is one.

on 10/12/2008 6:38:00 PM

Definitely HG! I don't know why it took me so long to try this pencil. I guess I was being cheap (tried almost every single drugstore eyebrow pencil - didn't like any of them!) I used to use powder but switched to a pencil because it was much faster and easier to apply. This pencil fills my brows in perfectly and the colour is a perfect match. My dark brown/black eyebrows look so natural! My only complaint is the packaging because once you turn the pencil for more product, you can't twist it the other way if you turned too much. But that's really a minor thing. Overall, this is my HG eyebrow product. Will definitely re-purchase!

on 8/9/2008 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I'm on my second one! What a breeze this product is to use. I love not having to sharpen it. It matches my haircolor very well. It is very natural looking and blends effortlessly. I'm even thinking I might need to put a spare one in my office...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Looks very waxy and artificial on my sparse brows. When I wear this, I feel like Joan Crawford, and NOT in a good way! The SA said it was a good color for brunettes, but not this one. It's a tiny pencil, so it takes a while to fill in the brow; and then it does not look natural. If I use less, it looks patchy. I do not like this product at all.

on 6/28/2008 3:46:00 PM

I love this. It's very thin, so when you fill in your eyebrows, it look very natural and the color is perfect! It lasts for a long time (even when I take a shower or sleep in it). You have got to try this stuff!

Also, I would only recommend using this product if your eyebrows aren't incredibly thin/sparse. If they are, this probably won't work for you. It seems like this product was made to just fill in small patches or missing hair or to make your brows darker.

Popular Brows Products