October 20, 2014 | 892 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - All-In-One Face Base

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2009 4:54:00 AM More reviews by Nolita78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

PERFECT FOR OILY AND SENSITIVE SKIN. I mean, how many foundations can you actually write review for as such? But seriously, this foundation is that amazing. I mean, I'd always gravitated toward mineral foundation instead, due to my super-sensitive skin (acne+clogged prone). But it's like super hard to find good mineral, and non-mineral, foundation for oily skin. Ah, the conundrum...

Anyways, so I'd always been curious about The Body Shop's make-up line. Since The Body Shop is mostly known for its body-care products, I was really quite reluctant in trying their MU. Buuuut, you know what usually happened after reading reviews on MUA. You get *tempted*.

I bought All in One Face Base, and I LOVE it. However, I don't see how this would look well on dry skin. This looks best (I use my foundation brush for my application) after it mixes with the oil on your skin. The amazing thing is, after the powder mixes a bit with your skin oil, it just kind of stops from being *too oily*, giving it a nice glow to your skin. Lasts on me for about 5-6 hours on a really hot and humid day. Loves it. And, my super-sensitive skin doesn't breakout over this product!!!

All in all, I love this foundation, and will definitely re-purchase. I am, however, taking one lippie off due to its limited color selections. Seriously, Body Shop, you have a great product here, and there are SO MANY different skin tones out there. Diversify the options a bit, please... continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2009 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Kikonai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my first review - I've been on this site for a while and enjoyed reading the reviews but no product has prompted me to want to stand on the MA hill tops and shout for joy.

Not until I read all of the great reviews here which inspired me to try this little wonder of a face powder..
Off I popped to the body shop where the SA nearly drove me mad with add on sales, but I must say it was worth the barrage to finally try this product!
I am 42 so powders really do have to be excellent for me to wear them as craggy lines around the eyes tend to get exaggerated with powder as one hits the 40's but not so with this product, which surprised me immensely!!
Just to make sure I wasn't imagining it - I went to Clinique and asked the SA to apply Perfectly Real powder on one side of my face to compare - and astonishingly she agreed with me that the 'other' powder looked much better (she asked me what I was wearing and was shocked when I told her it was Body Shop)!!

Just a word of caution - if you have normal but dehydrated skin like me moisturise really well and allow the powder to settle. As many reveiwers have mentioned here the product melts into your skin after a couple of minutes and what's even better - no big unsightly looking pores!
All tolled this is the best mid priced powder I have ever tried and I will definatley repurchase (I wouldn't buy their skin care though - I think it's rubbish) lol

Ok, I've been using this product for a good month now and as long as I don't get too heavy handed with it which is a big mistake, used wet this foundation still rates 4 lippies. Used dry only use a brush but I'm sure I'm telling you what you already know here!!
I considered taking a lippie off cos it can get a lil cakey if you don't use it sparingly but the good news is you still get medium coverage using it this way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This powder is such a dream, so perfect. It makes my skin look soft, even, blended and airbrushed, I cannot stress how amazingly perfect this is...I'm in shock and so happy! :) for the longest time I was using Revlon new Complexion and on occasion Maybelline Mousse powder- both good products, but I felt like something was missing from both of them...the last few days my powder was looking awful, dry and cakey no matter what I tried and I figured it was either a makeup rut or time to try something new......I was going to try benefits get even powder but I didn't want to pay $34.00.....I recalled a while back there was a review for the all in one face base powder on the home page of MUA so 2 days ago I went and checked out more reviews on this powder, thank you ladies! anyway in The Body Shop the colors did not wow me and sort of looked orangey/pinky but I decided to risk it....I grabbed shade 01 and then while i was shopping realized I grabbed shade 02 instead, I was going to run back and switch but I opened the compact and the color looked so beautiful and true to my skin color so I stuck with. I have to say that the colors in the store are not the same in different light...so if they look bad in the store don't be afraid- they are gorgeous in other light.

To apply this I first used some concealer, and just a little bit of Revlon colorstay foundation.I applied the powder first with the puff included, then my QUO powder brush to finish, the result is like I mentioned so beautiful....I am truly so happy with this! HG powder for life :D I will update if anything changes :)

~EDIT~

so far so amazing! this powder covers flawlessly, in less then 5 minutes my face makeup is complete and looks gorgeous....also another plus- this powder photographs beautifully & a major plus is that this looks natural and flawless in harsh fluorescent lighting, I was shopping the other day and looked at a mirror and my makeup looked airbrushed! usually in harsh lighting my normal powder looked chalky but not with this miracle :D.....I am so happy with this, I'll be picking up a backup soon :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by annalisameyer

The is my FAVORITE foundation EVER, and I've used liquid foundation+pressed powder ever since I started wearing makeup in middle school. I LOVE it, can't say that enough. I use it wet every day, and it lasts just as well as my previous liquid+powder combination did. It looks great, is nice and light, and can be used for lots of coverage (wet) or little coverage (dry). Best ever, I will buy this forever and ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by jujubee1387

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi, so I got this when I had a 50% off coupon at the body shop and wanted a nice powder for the summer time and for something to set my mac foudnation with...it doesnt offer the greatest coverage by itself, but its perfect during summer when you want something light to even out your complexion. I am a NW35 in studio sculpt, NC40 studio fix, and I have it in 05. The shades really dont go darker, which is a little discriminatory, as a latina who gets pale in the winter it works, but its too light once the sun comes out and i get pale. overall would buy again for my winter paleness :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by greengoddess11

My favorite powder foundation. I have been using it for years. It feels nice on and doesn't look cakey. It makes my pores instantly dissapear. EDIT* I gave this 5 lippies at first until I relized it had talc, cornstarch, and parabens in it! Not good! But I still can not find a better powder foundation. It works great, and even though it may have some questionable ingredients, it's still the best. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by stefie2104

I am caught surprised by this compact. I used this many many years back, the green, cheap-looking compact, with thick coverage, when applied can see patches and patches of foundation on skin.

Now this improved vision is perfect, -1 for the price. The SA said I can just apply this after using Seaweed SPF 15 Lotion. I tried this morning, cannot make it without makeup base. So I applied Shills BB lotion then followed by this powder using TBS face and body brush. Wow... No need concealer, I am good to go. Weekend i can live without the BB lotion, just this powder.

Singapore is selling this at SGD 34.90 for 9g product. I was using MAC MSF powder. This will replace the MAC MSF cos my face looks much brighten, smoother and better coverage. I am happy person. Thanks to the wonderful SA who helped me to make the right choice.

Updated on 06-Aug-09: Okay, I have left this in my office drawer for touch up only. Reason being, 1 day I left my wet sponge in the compact, guess what the inner silver cover flake. My whole sponge is full of silver flakes, I can only use Kleenex to wrap up my sponge before I put into the case. Remember do not put wet sponge into the compact. Nowsaday I just use La Roche Posay Treatment Liquid foundation before I leave home, when touching up in office I just use this wonderful powder (san the lousy packaging). I have to even out the LF before I can use the powder to touch up, if not it will look patchy. This powder does not show my flaking skin as compare to other powder. Now my skin just look flawless even with some drying up pimples, red marks and flaking skin around my nose. Will get this powder again, still very much in love with this powder:) :)

Update 28-Dec-09: My skin condition improved alot after using TBS skincare. Now I can just use this foundation without any base, just Clinique Super sunblock SPF40 and this compact, I am ready to go. I just bought TBS Flawless cream makeup SPF25, quality is also good, much better than some counter brands like SKII, shiseido, kose and cheaper. Very please with TBS effort for making good makeup. Just 1 thing, I am using no. 3 for this foundation and no. 1 for Flawless cream compact; I wonder if people who are fairer than me, can find suitable colour??

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by hein0201

This is my HG foundation. I (for some reason) like to try everything else, but I always come back to this. It's not exciting, but it's wonderful!

I use it dry, and the coverage and finish are perfect for me. I feel like my skin can breathe, like I'm not wearing a mask, but that I am as close to flawless as I can be. The packaging is wonderful, and the sponge is functional and lasts for me as long as the powder does. It also is kept in a separate compartment from the powder, which is great.

I only have two complaints, but these don't affect my score:

1) The colors are for lighter-skinned folks. Don't know why, because many of the promotional signs and such for the make-up have women of color. I am quite fair-skinned with pink undertones, and I use the #3... out of 6. I think this is inadequate for today's women of color.

2) I wish the packaging could have refills! It seems such a waste to throw away when I'm done!

That's all for my complaining! Other than that, it's a perfect fit for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2009 3:39:00 AM More reviews by unche

Finally, a foundation that comes in a colour pale enough to match me! It looks and feels really natural and provides a very nice finish. I also like that it takes less than a minute to apply ><.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who needs a great deal of coverage as it's best suited to cover up moderate redness and discolouration. The main thing keeping me from giving this a 5 is the fact that it isn't terribly long wearing, perhaps 3 hours or so (I wouldn't complain if it wasn't advertised as long-wearing). The packaging is also kind of unattractive.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by taskinillusion

PROS:
- Didn't look or feel cakey at all (I can tell you that I put a lot of foundation). It felt and looked soft and powdery, in a good way.
- Left me matte for 8 hours. My forehead looked pretty flakey though, maybe because I didn't use a primer or a moisterizer before.
- Didn't cause any breakouts (yet). I only used this for 3 days though, but I have a very oily T-zone.
- The color blended pretty easily. I bought this in shade 06 (not my usual shade but I just tanned so much this summer). From the website, it looks kind of yellow, more than shade 04 and 05. However, when I went to buy it, it was the opposite: 04 and 05 looked much more yellow than 06. The woman there recommended shade 06 (more pink than yellow). Although my skin has yellow undertones, it blended perfectly. Okay well, it did leave a pink undertone, but just a tiny little bit. I still looked very natural and no one knew I was wearing foundation!
- Covers minor imperfections well and my skin looked smoother.
- You can actually see yourself in the mirror. It is kind of flexible (not sure how to describe it) so you can see yourself in different angles.
- The package has 2 "levels". On the 1st one, there is the sponge which is not bad at all. On the 2nd one, there's the foundation. Not the opposite, unlike some powders.

CONS:
- I wished it was less expensive. I bought this at 20,00$CAN, it's not that much, but I'm used at buying drugstore brands.
- The plastic package looks a bit cheap. I always wonder when it'll break. I've seen worse though.

Would I buy it again? Definitely! I think I would try the shade 04 or 05 again though. Maybe a yellow-undertoned foundation would look even better on my Asian skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No