December 22, 2014 | 1760 users online

Scrubs - Clinique - Exfoliating Scrub

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2009 7:44:00 AM More reviews by longhorn81

I've used scrubs off and on in the past. I decided two months ago that I wanted to add a scrub back into my skincare routine (hadn't used one in several months or more) to help with exfoliating dry patches that I was getting. Most previously, I used the St. Ives Apricot scrub but had heard it was way too abrasive for your skin (although I myself never had any irritations or breakouts from it) so I decided I wanted to try something else. I saw the great reviews for the Clinique Exfoliating Scrub and wanted to give it a try.

I loved the peppermint/menthol quality about it and how it felt soothing on my skin. I used this twice a week for about a month and a half. I noticed my cheeks would always be red and blotchy right after I used this scrub, but I dismissed it and figured this was normal, as I always get a little rosey in the cheeks. I really wanted to like this product and didn't want to believe what it was doing to my skin since so many others have found success with it.

However, I experienced the worst breakout period in my whole life while using this product. Every few days, I would get a new pimple. The last time I used this product, my nose looked like it was peeling (similar to what you look like after you've been sunburned) I believe this and the Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2 are the culprits of the acne breakouts... I am not 100% sure if it was 100% this, 100% the clarifying lotion, or both, but really do not want to continue testing either one of them to find out (esp since I gave this skincare routine two months) I feel like my skin's suffered enough and really want to start HEALING it, not making it any worse.

I've used products before that contained menthol (which this does) and never had problems so I don't think that was the cause of the irritation... it does however contain salicylic acid, so if any of you are sensitive to salicylic acid, I would stay clear of this product.

I still wanted to have a scrub in my skincare routine so I had to think of past scrubs that I had success with... I've only used the St. Ives Apricot and the Neutrogena Deep Clean Foaming one. I never had problems with either but figured the Neutrogena one would be more gentle, and I remembered it also had the cooling effect (it also contains Menthol) that the Clinique one has.

I haven't decided yet whether to return the Clinique scrub or to keep as an expensive foot scrub (sigh)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by footballove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know about You guys,but for me this was like puting my face on fire.It iritated my skin,caused redness all over my face,even made the capillares arround my nose more visible than usually.This has very thick texture,and it is so damn harsh.I think this is destroyer of oily but SENSITIVE skin like mine.I think I just pick the wrong 'guy',because I think this is good stuff for ladies who has 'thick' and resistable skin,actually,everything what my skin isn't.This was totally failure for my type of skin.So I gave it to my Mom after just one use,and she didn't like it as well,so I throw it away.Also,generouslly,I think all Clinique range is a way to synthetic,and that also my dermalogist confirmed to me.
P.S. I hate to be the one with rarelly negative review,but I have right for my own opinion,right? :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 2:06:00 AM More reviews by kawaiishinichan

Very cleansing. Removes dirt and leaves my face brighter and softer. Also has a nice cooling feeling after. Kind of pricey, but one tube will last you a long long time. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a Clinique skincare person through and through. This is just another one that's a part of my arsenal. This is nice a polishing. Leaves my skin feeling extra soft. I love how non-irritating this is. Try some!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by silverylotus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awesome scrub! It leaves a very cool feeling after your rinse. My skin feels very soft afterward, I am glad I bought this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2008 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Stephie2705

This is my HG scrub. Been using it for about 2 years, and it is the best thing that I have ever used. It makes me skin feel so smooth and soft, and always looks so clear and radiant after using this. I have dry skin, and this is recommended for stronger/oilier skins, but I find this the most effective thing for getting rid of my dry, patchy areas! Like most, I wish it was cheaper! But it lasts for ages, so I won't complain too much!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2008 1:25:00 PM More reviews by melanieschmidt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! Really polishes the skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 7:28:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is the exfoliator I always come back to as it is just the most effective exfoliator I have used. This is good because the particles are not too round but are still uniform in nature, making it more effective. It gives you a good massage which also improves circulation with a minty tingle. A little goes a long way as it is concentrated and there is no cleanser element to this. It is a no-frills product which you will like if you dislike those round beads, which do not provide adequate exfoliating action for you. It provides just the right level of abrasion, but if you have thin, sensitive skin, this may be too much. I have resilient, oily skin and once a week is enough. The size of the beads are just right; not too rough like pulverized apricot/walnut shells which scratch rather than exfoliate and it not so little like some microdermabrasion products which hurt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2008 10:50:00 AM More reviews by babykitten9

Fantastic product for somebody with oily and not too sensitive skin. It's really the best I've ever tried and I have had and tried a lot.
I only wish Clinique stopped putting so much menthol in this scrub. While it does feel refreshing in the summer time it only causes additional irritation to skin.
I have purchased it multiple times and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by lamanley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this scrub. After trying various other scrubs, this one has had the most effective results. My skin appeared brighter after one use! This is another excellent product from Clinique.