October 21, 2014 | 1997 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Mary Kay - Satin Hands

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2005 1:50:00 AM More reviews by shalisirkay

I love this set. I use it according to the directions and my hands become so soft and pretty. I tried the routine using another scrub, cleansing cream, etc. and it didn't work as well as this set did. It is terrific and a pretty good bargain, price-wise. By the way, I use the extra-emollient night cream on my lips too, and I find that it is a much better lip balm than the one in the Satin Lips set.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2005 3:17:00 PM More reviews by vtkind

I use it without the Night Cream b/c that's just too heavy, but the other products really make my hands baby soft when I'm done with the routine. I read a review that indicated you use the buffing cream, cleansing gel, and moisturizer all at once and that is incorrect. The set is intended for each product to be used individually. I don't notice a strong scent from any of the products and I think the clear cylindrical packaging is great. It keeps it all together and is easy to pack when traveling. This is a Mary Kay product I don't mind paying the high price for. I think it's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2005 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Murphysmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this set. I don't use it as the directions indicate but instead use each product individually.(as a shower gel,body buffer,etc.) I use the scrub and cleanser on my whole body. I love the lotion and night cream for my hands and feet. I am very sensitive to strongly scented products and I don't mind the smell of this at all. I love the scent. I think people are hesitant to try MK because the line used to be not-so-great,but I really like most of the products. I buy department store lines too and think many MK products are just as good. (I am not a consultant.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2005 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The whole satin hands kit is horrible, it leaves my hands VERY dried out. Sure the buffing Cream is nice but so what u and also add some salt or sugar to your hand lotion or hand soap and get the same affect for less money, the hand cream is nothing special, it makes your hands sweat, its stinks and it feels heavey and greasy, after it soaks it over night my hands are so dried out in the morning. This is just horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2005 11:21:00 AM More reviews by macs706

I have been using Satin Hands Pampering Set for a few years now after I saw it on a cable program about the History of this product - some 30+ years... I love everything about it from the gentle buffing to my hands feeling like a baby's bottom and the hand cream lasts through putting you hands in water several times a day! :) To be fair I did a comparisson using the *recipe* with the oil/sugar/liquid soap... I CAUTION anyone with sensitive skin NOT to use the recipe... I found it way to abrasive :o And even after washing my hands several times I can't get the rid of the greasiness on my hands :{
The SH Handcream has no greasy feel what-so-ever and although there is a ever so slight fragrance I do not smell anything floral what so ever... My son has severe allegies and Asthma and he uses the product - and as a manly carpenter he prefers the white packaging as it is less *feminine* :P And the initial cost may *seem* high but the small amount of product that you use -- this package last a long time - I replace the hand cream before I run out of the other steps b/c you only need to do the whole pamper once or twice a week...
So In my opinion this is right up there!!! 5 Stars! :D
You can use the oil and sugar if you want to -- but I would rather use them to bake a cake! ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2005 2:40:00 PM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good hand cream with a not-so-great smell. If you can get beyond the geriatric scent, it works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2005 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Divancura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff feels great on my hands but even better on my feet. My hands are naturally pretty soft but this really softens up my feet. The product itself is wonderful but I wish there was more of it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2005 11:34:00 PM More reviews by zangreen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I give this a 3 lippie because it does work for it's intended purpose. My friend just recently started selling MK and I was curious about the products since this has been an especially dry skin winter. I noted far down the page that a previous reviewer had added her tips for replacing this vastly overpriced set. Vaseline or even cooking oil. Then any scrub or you can use a bit of sugar or salt to make your scrub with the oil. Then any cleansing gel (seems like a useless step to me losing all that oil with a soap) to rinse off the scrub. Finally your favorite hand cream. One thing I haven't seen anyone else mention is the horridly heavy floral scent. Those with perfume allergies stay far away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2005 11:49:00 AM More reviews by theluscioushellcat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not an everyday use product, but it's a wonderful addition to your once-a-week home manicure. Add a dollop of the exfoliating buffer, a dollop of cleansing gel, and a dollop of the extra emollient night cream (it's a lot like Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream) together, moosh them together then rub all over your hands, rinse, and follow with hand cream. Result: heavenly soft skin. For everyday hand cream, I like Avon's Planet Spa Shea Butter cream, or Neutrogena Norwegian Formula during winter. But when I remember to use this once a week, I use less of my daily hand cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2005 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Sunshine1020

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried the Pampering Set from a Mary Kay consultant. The Extra Emollient Night Cream felt like Vaseline and smelled like hair grease. The Buffing Cream was nothing extraordinary; itís just like any other scrub. The Cleansing Gel wasn't anything to brag about either. The Hand Cream could be better. The set made my hands soft, but I was also expecting for them to feel moisturized and my hands didn't feel hydrated. I will not be buying these products.