Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

3.4

on 12/9/2014 2:44:00 PM

After all the hype, I was very excited to try this mascara but was quickly disappointed. First of all, the price tag is ridiculous, in Canada it is 35$. Now I can get higher end mascaras for around the same price or even for much less. The fibers constantly fall and either get into my eyes (and I wear contacts) or sit on my under eye area. I asked my rep for tips and she told me to re apply the gel after to keep the fibers intact which I tried doing a few times and still no luck. No one even noticed the difference after wearing it on occasion. It looked clumpy more than anything. I tossed it out after trying it a handful of times. Not worth the hype or money in my opinion.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

If your lashes are short to non-exsistant, then this product it for you! If your lashes are super long then this product is also for you! If you want the look of false lashes without having to put lashes on then this product it really for you! That's the look you will get. This product it amazing and I love it. When I don't feel like putting false lashes on I run to this holy grail product!! It does wonders and it's so easy to use! I always put my fav mascara on and apply the gel and fibers. My lashes are bomb.com with this stuff it's a must buy/try product!

on 12/8/2014 1:02:00 PM

I rated this product fives across the board and here is why;

This product is exceptional, I have short blonde eyelashes and when applied correctly it does not clump or flake. READ the directions ladies, it is so important in order to get the desired results!

I first curl my lashes and then apply a coat of regular mascara, right now I am using Clinique high-impact mascara. Once that dries I apply my first coat of the gel on the top lashes of one eye and immediately apply the fibres (if you do not do this, the gel will dry and the fibres will not stick), then I seal with a second coat of the gel followed immediately by a second coat of the fibres, finally seal with one last coat of the gel. Repeat on the other eye.

For my bottom lashes I only apply the fibres once, for some added length.

My secret: I finish my whole look with one thin coat of waterproof drugstore mascara, this ensures that it does not smudge throughout the day.

I have cried after applying the mascara in this way and have had no problems.

I rated the price a five, as it is expensive but I feel that it is well worth it.

I gave the packaging a five as it is very easy to use.

on 12/7/2014 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

No offense but I actually use L'Oreal all the time and a co worker recommended 3D fiber to me and I do not see what all they hype is about and it comes with two application sticks and the second one is worthless and completely useless and flakes off in your eye(whatever it is made of) and has no bristles on it. Even when the first applicator works okay...it looks good for about an hour and then you can't even tell that you are wearing it. I just bought the manga mascara...and I love it!! I love everything L'Oreal when it comes to mascara..I have been using all kinds of products since i was 12 and L'Oreal is my go to. I have even bought over this past winter the mac and the ( i can't remember) but it is another product that they compare it to (in the 50 dollar range) AND IT IS NOTHING LIKE IT....NOT EVEN COMPARABLE to 8 dollar L'Oreal. I am going to school for cosmetology and I do not recommend it to ANYONE. I wouldn't pay 5 bucks. If you enjoyed it..more power to you...but if that is the case I would say you know nothing about makeup. And as far as the fibers falling off...and to use a blow dryer. I get wonderful lashes from any mascera without all of those extra steps...you shouldn't have to have that many steps for it to work...and I also had issues with the fibers falling into my eye. But not from the mascera but directly from my mascera brush). I will not blow dry my eye or brush to prevent this...I should not have to.

on 12/7/2014 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Didnt work at all. Applied a few coats and they stood up for a few minutes but no difference in length. Just a few minutes later they were down and not curled. Wouldnt reccomend the product. Only works if you have really long lashes.

on 12/5/2014 8:17:00 PM

The one thing I now do when using any new product is read the directions 2-3 times, I used to rush thru and miss steps. These are awesome if you have thinning or blond eyelashes like I do! 1 curl your eyelashes 2 put on your regular mascara 3 put on their primer as I call it 4 then the fibers 5 then reapply their primer to set the fibers. I then finish getting ready and as far as the fallout or fiber fallout as others have mentioned I to had that until I tried using my blow dryer on cool to wave over my face right after finishing all the other prep to go out, shakes off any loose fibers and I'm good to go for the night. I'll take this over wrestling with falsies any day, those I like but take me forever and if I mess up its another 30 min to fix everything. So all in all great product.

on 12/5/2014 2:04:00 PM

I love it!!! You have to seal it again with the first tube! (I forget what it is called) and it doesn't flake. People ask me what I have on my lashes!!! I swear by it!!!!!!

on 12/5/2014 1:48:00 PM

Not worth it. The thought is right but the fibers do not stay in place. I agree 100% with the other reviews the fibers either get into my eyes or all on my cheeks. By the end of the night my eyes were red. I tried applying it with and without my mascara as well as applying a bit more gel to seal it. This would be worth $30 if it actually worked the way t should. Save yourself the hassle of returning the item and having to pay for shipping both ways and find another product that actually works.

I tried this mascara thinking it would be amazing and it totally let me down. My eyelashes clumped sooo bad and they didn't stay curled at all. No irritation or anything though . Maybe it is just good on certain types of lashes? Not sure if I would ever try again.

on 12/3/2014 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Just got my Younique's mascara yesterday from an online party. I have long lashes but they are getting a little thin and for my son's wedding I wore extensions that took some of my eyelashes out. With this, my lashes look full again. Not having any problems with flaking. Definitely will buy this again

Video Reviews & Tutorials