April 16, 2014 | 1904 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2008 2:32:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Better than Suave Clarifying Shampo, I think. Smells okay, rinses clean, went through a whole bottle of this and it did not dry out my hair. Though I've been into more natural shampoos lately, I would probably buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 1:30:00 AM More reviews by merrydeath

This is my HG shampoo. I've used it almost every day for a year now. It's 99 cents, cleans my hair thouroughly, and doesn't strip it dry. I'm very picky about hair products -- my others are in Kerastase's line. I have thick hair, a little coarse that's uncolored.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by more_spraygel_please

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I had a bad hair day today and picked up this Lime Squeeze Clarifying shampoo & conditioner on my way home from work at the grocery store. This smells awesome! It washed all the buildup of hair spray out, I could tell my hair was clean in the shower but not stripped. I even used the matching conditioner, what the heck for .99 cents. I left the conditioner in while I washed up and it rinsed out so easy. That shower was like a spa treatment, it wased all my troubles and hair buildup away for $1.98 :-) Now I'm in a better mood with soft, clean hair drying by itself. I hope this leads to a better hair day tomorrow. Reference: my hair is very fine, not much of it, highlights & lowlights, I use lots of product to build volume & texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by graciebaby28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this compared to other clarifiers I have used. This one has a good lather. Smells great and my hair was left feeling wonderful and light. You know that light, bouncy feel on a good hair day? That's what this gave me.

I followed with a deep treatment conditioner and my hair feels great today. I would chose this over my regular Suave clarifier because my hair feels better and the scent is so nice and fresh. And my hair felt better than it has in a long time after using this. Did not dry my hair out at all:)This is made with real lime peel also. Gives it a nice refreshing quality:)

***UPDATE***: I strayed like an idiot from this:( And was having horrible hair days for about a week. Using $25 Fekkai shampoo....what a waste. Used Vo5 Kiwi Lime shampoo today and it felt so good I had to come back and update and say that this is pretty much my HG shampoo after having tried high end and low end.

My hair felt amazing, light, not weighed down at all and best of all not dry today after using this:) I cannot put into words how much I love this stuff. I followed with Victoria Secret Nourishing conditioner and have to say this is to date the best combo shampoo/conditioner I've used ♥

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2007 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Wimple23

Well, I have to say I read all the positive reviews for this shampoo and bought it, but it absolutely did NOT work for me at all. I tried it a couple times, alternating in-between, using different conditioners...and in what I think was a fairly controlled experiment, my hair came out flat, dry, and slippery every time! I have long, fine hair and our water is relatively hard (I mention this because I know this can make a difference). I know some people really like this stuff, but it was 99 cents wasted for me. I really prefer the Herbal Essences Degunkify shampoo (with pineapple and cotton leaf). Works great every time, and really leaves my with some 'grip' so that it has lush body.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 2:23:00 PM More reviews by BryansGirl

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I can't believe I haven't reviewed this sooner. This is the BEST shampoo for my hair - hands down. I was using Fekkai's Apple Cider Clarifying shampoo for a while but this is SO much better!! AND, it's 1/40 of the price ounce for ounce (seriously - I did the math). I am so scared that they're going to disc it because it's been really hard to find lately!! Yikes! My hair is oily at the roots but dry at the ends for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2007 11:43:00 PM More reviews by katrina1211

LOVE this stuff! It's a great clarifying shampoo, it smells great, and what could be better than a price tag of 79 cents?!? Don't let the price throw you off...just because it's cheap does NOT mean it's bad quality (in this case at least). Simple, clean shampoo. No need to buy a salon clarifying shampoo when this one is PERFECT!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2007 4:30:00 PM More reviews by NYC0000

I was really excited to try a new clarifying shampoo. The upside is def. the scent. It smells wonderful and maintained the scent throughout the day. Downside was it left my hair flat. I have very oily hair and gage the effectiveness of shampoo based on thy fluffiness of my hair when I dry it. This left my hair completely flat. At first, I just dismissed it as having a bad hair day so I used it for a week. Unfortunately, it didnít get any better. Also, another notable characteristic of effectiveness is how frequently you need to wash your hair. Most good shampoos I have used allow me to wash my oily hair every other day. This did not keep the oil at bay. I had to wash my hair everyday:( I tried, it just didnít work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Lovelee_79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I couldn't initially find this at the drugstore, so I bought the Suave clarifying shampoo, which wasn't altogether bad, but kinda left my naturally curly hair with tangles, prior to adding conditioner. Now with the Kiwi Lime stuff...it smells really great, was really cheap and works~ no tangles. What more can you ask for for .99 cents?!? I realized how well it worked just yesterday actually.... I had been having a bad hair day for a couple days (even when you have 2" of growth/length....bad hair is still possible). I usually no poo with either Vo5 Moisture Milks conditioner or Pantene Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense, but decided to do a quick wash with this before using the Breakage Defense Conditioner. Yowza! I was so happy, my hair has been back in its cute little, defined curly fro since I used it. It dawned on my that no pooing for several days left too much moisture and buildup for my curls to behave properly. I'll be sure to use this at least once weekly from here on out! Bye bye bad hair days!! ;-P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2007 4:28:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

i couldnt believe that a bottle of shampoo that cost 99 cents could be this good, as my other experiences (with suave, for example) were always disastrous. i am asian american and have long, stick straight hair that tends to be oily during the summer. i usually use volumizing shampoos and conditioners and fekkais glossing cream on a daily basis, and ill use fekkais glossing shampoo and conditioner maybe once a week. this shampoo is excellent for getting rid of the minimal buildup that i get in my hair, and never leaves it brittle or dry or feeling tangled -- just super clean and soft. plus it smells amazing. ive repurchased this numerous times and will continue to do so.