July 26, 2014 | 1793 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Foaming Facial Cleanser - Sensitive Skin

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by surburbanurgency

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was really hesitant to try this at first because I haven't really liked Clean & Clear products in the past, but I'm sooo glad I decided to try it. It was only $3 at Walmart and I had a dollar off coupon, so I only ended up paying $2! I use it twice in the shower. The first time is to remove my makeup...I even rub it over my (closed) eyes and it removes all of my eye makeup without burning. After my makeup is removed, I use it again to actually cleanse my skin. I have pretty dry skin and this doesn't dry it out at all. After I use this, my skin still feels moisturized but clean. Most cleaners make my skin really red and dry and tight, but this doesn't. I was worried that this would not prevent breakouts since it does not contain salicylic acid or anything like that in it, but I have not broken out at all since I have started using it in the past month or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by peachgirly

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this cleanser! I finally found a face wash that does not irritate my sensitive skin( especially when Retin A Micro's side effects appear) or dry out my face like other cleansers. Thank you Clean and Clear! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by cnguyen25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love using this for washing my make-up before using my actual cleanser! It removes all the make up and oil off your face. At first I wasnt so sure about how youre really supposed to care for your face but after watching some YT and researched it for myself, I finally got my skincare regimen down and I am happy with the results I'm getting.

After a day of work and a night out, the first thing I do is wash my face with this cleanser to remove all my makeup, dirt and oil. Then I wash my face with Clean&Clear Acne Advantage 3-in-1 Exfoliating Cleanser to prevent acne and clean deep down my pores. And that's basically it. I dont use toners because I learned that it causes your skin to produce more oil due to the excessive drying from the alcohol in it and I don't moisturize my skin before I sleep. I just let my natural oils do the moisturizing (I have natually oily skin.. I get oily after a good 20 mins) and I let me skin breath while I'm asleep.

Try this cleanser for removing your makeup before you use other cleansers after.. it saves a lot of money if you use expensive cleansers and this cleanser makes your skin feel really soft. I could use this every couple of hours if I wanted to without overdrying my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2009 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Lisa_Marie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found this to be too drying. For reference, I have dry skin around my eyes and on my cheeks. T-zone is normal to a little oily by the end of the day. On the plus side, no irritation/redness from this. I think this cleanser would be great for someone with oily skin. For me, ShiKai (available at WF) remains my HG. Just wish it was a little less $$$.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by shimila

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I always use this. I've been using it for a couple years now after reading Paula Begoun's book. This sutff makes my skin feel clean without being overdried. I have very oily skin and I am always struggling to find a cleanser that cleans without making my face feel too dry. This is the only stuff I found that will do that.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 10:27:00 AM More reviews by venteux

I love this cleanser. I was using Philosophy Purity Made Simple, but it did leave my cheeks very dry and flaky. This is a simple cleanser but it does the job. I have intolerant, sensitive, combination skin and it didn't break me out or irritate me at all. The price is fantastic, for the amount of product you get. I also like the pump bottle. The smell isn't the greatest (herbal?) but you get used to it, and eventually it doesn't bother you as much. I normally don't like foaming cleansers (I prefer cream cleansers) because my cheeks tend to get dry, but this one isn't foamy at all, just a nice lather. I will definitely buy this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by shmanderrsssx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

one of the best cleanser ive had! it was so inexpensive and came wit a lot of product too.plus it has a pump which i like cause my other cleanser are just sqweeze bottles.it doesnt strip my skin of moisture which is so rare or irratate my skin again rare.it smells funky but i dont care because once you rinse it off its gone. it doesnt foam either lol and its in the title. but it does have that soapy sort of look when you rub it together in your hands with water. i will buy this again one of my favorite cleansers.
UPDATE: i use a diff cleanser now so i dont care for this anymore

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 9:19:00 AM More reviews by besidetheocean

So far this is working out for me as a basic gentle cleanser. It foams really well and removes all my makeup. I love the pump bottle because it's very hygenic and you also get a good amount for the price. There are only two small drawbacks for me. One is the scent. It seems like it should be unscented since it's made for sensitive skin but it definitely has a sharp smell to it that lingers after it's rinsed off. The second issue is that my skin feels almost too soft after washing, like maybe there's some cleanser residue left over. I want my cleansers to leave nothing behind but this one seems like you have to rinse again after you're done just to remove the remaining film. Then again, maybe it's just in my head. Overall, I like this cleanser and will be sticking with it due to it's availability in stores and the cheap price.

UPDATE: I used this for a couple months and it seemed fine, but I think that it was leaving a little residue behind every time I washed my face and it eventually turned into clogged pores. I'm using a cleanser with BHA now and the little bumps are already starting to go away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Pamann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been on the lookout for a mild cleanser that is modestly priced and doesn't react with my sunscreen when I try to remove it after working out. It's so strange that most of the lotion or creamy type cleansers I have tried(Cetaphil etc) randomly burn like fire and cause redness and discomfort after I use them. Plus my makeup(I wear makeup over sunscreen daily) is almost cemented to my face with those, and I have to use toner to remove the residue.
Enter Clean and Clear Sensitive! I would not have thought to look in this line as I don't have acne issues but I had been thumbing through Paula Begoun's Beauty Bible and this was listed as a highly rated cleansing option. It really cleans gently but thoroughly-no real traces of makeup left-even waterproof eyeliner is gone! And no irritation or oily residue left behind. My skin is clean and comfortable but not dried out with that uncomfortable stretched feeling. And it's pretty reasonably priced~ I found it for $3.99 for an 8oz bottle at Wal Mart. Great facial cleanser value!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 10:07:00 PM More reviews by fishy2442

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this cleanser. I have uber sensitive skin and have had a so called "hypoallergenic" moisturizers irritate my skin! For me, I only need about the size of a nickel to a quarter size and it works amazingly. It does not irritate my skin so wonderfully that I can even remove eye makeup without it irritating my eyes. I really like their new packaging, and I find this product removes makeup best when applied to a dry cotton pad rather than making it foamy, but as a cleanser I like to use it will those scrubbie things from Sephora. (They're also packaged with the L'Oreal 360 Clean or watever cleanser thingies.) Only bad part is it contain SLS which is not so great for sensitive skin. Somehow, it doesn't irritate mine. I use a more natural cleanser now, but this is still a great product.