April 16, 2014 | 1911 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by bravenewworld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG product for sure! I have combination skin - oily t-zone, dry everywhere else - and this stuff is absolute perfection. The oil control is absolutely fabulous - after a 10 hour day, my forehead is still matte.

This stuff is great for everyday light coverage. It's smooth, easy to apply, and basically gives you "your skin but better" coverage. I have pretty good skin, so that works well for me, but if you have acne you'll need to use some foundation or concealer on top of it and this might not be a must-buy.

My only qualm is the price; it's about $40 which is a lot for how much you get. That being said, a little goes a long way (I've been using it for a month and it still seems completely full), so I'll have to see how long it lasts before I decide whether to purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by beaniewienie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was interested in a bb cream or a primer, but this had good reviews as a foundation for oily skin. QVC had it for a one time only value with the brush, so I ordered it. I got the shade "Light" for my neutral NC/NW20 skintone & this is the most perfect shade of foundation that I have ever used. It gives light, natural coverage. Evens out my skintone really well. It wears all day without fading. Stays fairly matte all day & move of all...it doesn't break me out! I love it. I did try it under another liquid foundation for more coverage, but it didn't work for me as a "primer". It worked well mixed with my Napolean Perdis China Doll Foundation that is just a touch too dark for me & that gave it a bit more coverage on a day that I wanted that. Did I already say that I love it? Well I do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For starters, I initially wanted to purchase a true BB cream (had my eyes on MISSHA Signature Gold). I kept reading about BB creams from Asia and was tempted, but then I came across this product. From what I read, this is nothing like a traditional BB cream. When I first tried it, the texture reminded me a lot of Yves Saint Laurent's Matt Touch Foundation. But boy did this out perform that foundation. So on to my review:

Pros:
-Lightweight, silky feeling (like a primer due to the silicones) and easily blendable. Not sure how you'd use this with a brush, but my fingers did the trick.
-I bought "Light" for my NC25 skin and the match was spot on (although it takes a few minutes to blend and sink in)
-The coverage is buildable but only to maybe a "medium" coverage. It does not fully cover blemishes no matter how much you put on. I love that it is light to medium though. I am trying to avoid the "caked on" look that my minerals alone have been giving me after a few hours of wear.
-Gives a great base for those, like myself, who need a little bit more cover
-Staying power is amazing and it keeps my mineral makeup sitting on top looking fresh and not oily. (For those adding minerals or another foundation on top, give Tarte foundation a full 5 minutes or so to blend in and set).
-Because it blends so well into the skin, my bronzer/blush combo just pops. So pretty!!!!
-Thus far, no break outs!

CONS:
-Not a one stop foundation...... for me at least. I put Laura Mercier minerals on top and concealed any other spots I had with a concealer. But my makeup looked amazing, so I cannot say it's really that much of a CON. It's just really expensive product for a base (but I can live with that!)
-I live in a very dry climate, so I can see how some say that this accentuates dry spots. But for me, my dryness comes from old breakouts and I think this is helping to heal them. So I just put extra moisturizer on those spots.

Overall, i love this product despite my initial worry when I put it on. I didn't expect to cover and look as good as I thought, but it did. I am traveling next week with 2 kids in tow, so we'll see how this holds up! I will update !!!

QUICK QUESTION: to those who use a concealer with this, do you apply the concealer before or after the tarte bb cream? I am having a hard time making my concealer work with this (I just switched to Napoleon Perdis foundation stick but use as concealer). It's not blending quite right. :/ The tarte still looks amazing though! :)

UPDATE: Still having a hard time blending. I am hoping once my skin clears a little, this will look a lot better. Also this is NOT a good primer to wear for flash photography. :( It totally gives you the ghostly appearance. Bummer.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by sksouthwick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this the first time I tried it on at Sephora (I never do that!) and I love it as much as the day I got it. I sunburn really easily, but this cream's SPF is strong enough to keep my skin protected. I love how smooth it feels and the lightest color is light enough for my skintone, which is a constant problem for me. I had previously been using Bobbi Brown's BB cream, but it hasn't left my drawer since I bought this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

Purchased the light and the color match is good. I don't use this as a primer, just by itself for a bit of coverage and I have to say I like it (doesn't seem to be problematic for my eyes which is rare). On vacation I used a good amount as I was in the sun and didn't want to burn (and I didn't so the product worked). If I tap it in it leaves a nice finish, just a light bit of color to sort of smooth things out. I haven't tried foundation over it so I can't speak to that. All in all a lovely product. I have to moisturize under this product during the colder months to get a nice finish, also using a blender to apply and just a dot of concealer on one stubborn area and I'm good to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by luvlost03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Im really liking this so far, ive been looking for a bb cream or tinted moisturizer for a while now and im happy I found this. I have oily/combo skin thats clog prone and I dont need much coverage.first let me say that I dont like primers because I dont like silicones, I feel they makee oilier. This does the best job at controling the oil, I still have to blot but even then im not an oil slick and I still look good. The coverage for me is great, then I top it off with bare minerals powder, love it. I also love that the spf is high and chemical free. The olny downside is that there's only four shades the fair is a little to light and the light is a little dark so I have to mix the two for now, but in the summer I can just wear the light and in the winter I can wear the fair. Great job tarte.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by NOLACreoleGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Went into Sephora for skin care products and decided to try out a BB Cream. I had the associate pick out 2 that she thought were the best and try them on one side of my face. They both looked about the same but the texture knocked me out! It literally felt like velvet going on! It absorbed well and the fact that it has a sunscreen and primer was awesome! While its not a full coverage foundation & I do have some dark spots and blemishes, this DEFINITELY makes them so much less noticeable. I am so glad I spent the money on this! It also doesn't take much and when I use my Mineral Vail over this it looks even better! Definitely becoming a staple for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by cinnabunny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The same day I started using this product, one of my coworkers pulled me aside after break and said, "I don't know what you did, but you are glowing and your skin looks gorgeous." SOLD!!! (Some background: I have had acne since before puberty, finally nipped that in the bud after about 15 years but still have oily skin with mild acne scars and marks, plus huge pores. I have never, ever, gotten a compliment on my skin before this.)

The employee at Sephora insisted that I needed the "Fair" shade, but after she put it on, even in the crappy mall light I was certain the "Light" shade was better for me (I am not fair, not sure why she thought this). When her back was turned I grabbed "Light" instead. Luckily, it was a perfect match.

Echoing what everyone else said -- controls oil for most of the day, smooths skin, kind of a grab-and-go product. I normally use another product for SPF, so I don't rely on the protection from this one. Didn't break me out. Still have to use a little concealer, but just add blush and a little lip balm and you will have a beautiful, natural look. Pricey, but I certainly will buy more.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by wiscowhitney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used different types of liquid foundation for as long as I've been wearing makeup because of the dryness of my skin. When I ran out of the foundation I was using, I had a sample of this BB Cream and decided to give it a try for a few days. Since the BB Cream is sort of heavy, but doesn't match my skin tone, I cover it with Coastal Scents pressed powder foundation. The combination is perfect. The second or third day of wearing this combo, I was looking at my face in the mirror after a full day of work and thought that my new skin routine had completely minimized my pores. It hadn't, it was just that the coverage of this BB Cream covers so well and lasts so long that they were still hiding about 12 hours after I applied the cream.

I find that I need a heavy moisturizing on my face before I put this cream on. That is mostly due to my dry skin, I am not sure everyone will need to do it. I agree with other reviewers that this is not a buildable cream.

After reading reviews, I would recommend anyone purchasing this product to test out the colors before buying. I usually go for the palest shade so I selected Light which looks yellow on my face. I believe Fair is for pale skin with red undertones, like mine, but I haven't tried it yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by kpennock

I got a sample of this from Sephora and fell in love. I have already purchased the full size. This is kind of a mousse-y type texture...real creamy but light and fluffy. It goes on great with a brush or beauty blender. I use it on its own (I just have a few scars/redness to cover so I don't need too much coverage). I would say this is light coverage...not really buildable just because it can get a little cakey if you try to build it up too much...2 applications is about the limit on my face to still look natural and nice...not that I ever use more than one.

I have not gotten any breakouts from it what so ever. I have heard people say it runs a bit dark but I use the fair shade and I am very pale...it matches me pretty well. It is a little on the pink side but seems to change color a little bit after application and match my cooler undertones.

I don't like the price but honestly most of the good bb creams are going to run you 30-45 dollars....you get what you pay for because I find the drugstore ones just do not perform well and break me out.

I have heard people like to use it as a primer under foundation...I don't know how that might change it because I don't find it necessary. Just moisturize, put this one, put a lil setting powder on my tzone to control my oil (my face gets oily fast) and I am good to go.

I do get a bit shiny after about 8 hours BUT it is WAY less than I would using most foundations or nothing at all....It has a demi matte finish ....so if you arent super oily... you probably will get good to go for the majority of the day.

Oh and even though I did get shiny a bit....just used a tissue and patted the oil a bit or dusted on a bit of powder....problem solved. The bb cream was still there...didnt slide off just my face likes to argue no matter what.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No