Nivea Lip Butter

4.2

ALL: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Petrolatum, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Butyrosperum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ricinus Communis (Castor) seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almonst) Oil, Water, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, BHT, TItanium Dioxide. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Raspberry Rose Kiss: Red 7. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Caramel Cream Kiss / Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss: Iron Oxides.

on 12/31/2013 8:06:00 AM

5 STARS!!I do not know how I lived without this lip butter.I always thought all I needed was Chapstick to keep my lips soft&protected but I was so wrong.Nivea Lip Butter gets my vote for the best new lip product I tried in 2013!!The packaging actually keeps the lip butter from drying out,the scents are lovely,it has no actual taste on the lips& the consistency of the butter is smooth,not sticky.There is no color added to the lips so anyone man,woman,child can wear this.A+++++++++++

on 12/31/2013 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am obsessed. I like it in a pot actually. It's cute and wouldn't be able to have the exact same consistency if it were tube form. Which is the biggest reason to purchase. I use this before bed and wake up with the truly softest, and still moist pout. I've never had a lip product last all night. And I use it during the day too. I like the jelly look on my lips. I am nw 10 and the 'white sheen' is hardly noticeable on me and looks nice. I have the vanilla &macadamia nut scent and LOVE the smell. Can't wait to get Raspberry Rose next

on 12/31/2013 4:33:00 AM

CHEILITIS SUFFERS - BUY THIS PRODUCT! Read for more.

I suffer from cheilitis. 6 months ago my lips were inflamed, oozing clear liquid, flaking and peeling every single day. I went to doctors and several pharmacies to find a cure. I ended up taking antihistamines every day in order to relieve the pain but it would not go away. Every single day I had to deal with the inflammation and constant peeling.

I am a lip balm fanatic. I am always carrying a lip balm with me. I have been using all different types for several years. My lips were however reacting to products I had been repurchasing/using for years... Nothing would work! Lip balms would cause a more severe reaction - it was doing my head in! I tried organic, everything! I also discontinued wearing lipstick for about 6 months during the healing process.

Avene Cicalfate Repair Cream ended up being my cure to the symptoms. (Found it in the chemist... for $12. Who would have known? I spent thousands of money altogether visiting different dermatologists!) Every time my lips were inflamed, I would apply this on and take an antihistamine.
The only lip balm that will work for my lips now - Lucas Pawpaw Ointment - HOLY GRAIL.

I read on MUA that this lip balm also worked for someone else who suffers from cheilitis so I purchased Caramel and the Vanilla flavour also. I cautiously applied a thin layer of vanilla on my lips. It made my lips supple and smooth. But the real test is the morning after, if you suffer from sensitive lips, your lips will feel tight/tingle and dry if a product does not agree, BUT my lips felt amazingly smooth the next morning. Provides such a luxurious plush texture. Some lip balms are waxy, other are slippery. This is buttery (haha, duh! Says the name).

I don't have a problem with the white cast - I do not overload my lips with product! I can only speak for the two flavours above though.

THIS MAKES A WONDERFUL BASE FOR PATCHY LIPSTICK! Previously I could never wear Rimmel's Nude Delight because... it would sink into all my lip's lines and apply unevenly, even though my lips were smooth. This lip balm primes my lips wonderfully. I apply 2 EXTREMELY THIN layers. Leave it whilst I do the rest of my face make up. When it get to my lipstick, it applies flawlessly. It doesn't make my lipstick slip around (Lucas Pawpaw/Vaseline/Burts Bees!)

Cannot recommend this enough! I bought this product in Priceline for $2.40AUD (RRP is $5-6) when it was on sale. I have also seen it at various chemist/pharmacies. Raspberry flavour isn't available here. Won't complain about the packaging. I cannot imagine it being in a tube or other packagings due to the consistency of the product.
Fantastic value in my opinion, 19ml should last you a long time, even with everyday use!

Edit: 29/06/15
Still loving this product. Why you ask? Because I suffer from perioral dermatitis that is aggravated by beeswax/the propolis in beewax. This does not contain any bee related ingredients.
The only con is that perioral dermatitis easily get inflamed and dipping and then redipping into the pot may spread bacteria or contaminate your lips/the product in the tin. I avoid this by scooping some product into mini sample containers and using it for 2-3 days. I simply went to MAC and asked for some sample containers but you can buy these on Ebay or chemists. When I finish, I add more product in, but first I clean the container with alcohol (use a new container if you would like).
I wish this product would come in squeeze out tubes. Because of the lack of wax, it isn't solid enough for twist up sticks but Nivea please make these in squeeze out tubes!

Also, Raspberry can be found in Australia now! I've seen them at Priceline, Chemist Warehouse and other chemists. I've used all the scents/flavours and none have aggravated my condition.

on 12/31/2013 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This little tin lasts forever! I have it in Raspberry kiss. The scent is delicious. The consistency is a smooth, creamy balm. I only have to use a tiny amount because if I use too much --- it leaves a white cast and isn't attractive. However, I have resigned to using this at night only because of that very purpose. I load it on my lips -- look like a ghost --- and wake up with a smooth pout. I won't purchase this again because I can't stand the packaging. I hate dipping my finger in it for lips -- I wish they could make the same formula in a stick. But it is a wonderful little product.

on 12/30/2013 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this stuff!! I used to have the Rosebud salve but noticed it actually made my lips dryer. I do have dry skin and dry lips, and I love to slather this on in the winter. It does leave a whitish sheen on your lips, so I don't really wear it out, but I keep one near my couch, near my bed, in the kitchen etc. so whenever I am home, I always reach for it. I put a heavy layer of this on before bed and wake up with wonderfully soft lips. I have the original, vanilla and macadamia, and raspberry. My fav is the vanilla and macadamia. Raspberry is a close 2nd. Bought a bunch of these for my family members too and they love it! Great price, lasts a long time!

on 12/28/2013 11:12:00 PM

I got this in vanilla & macadamia nut. Love, love, love the scent. It's sooo yummy and I have a weak spot for nutty/vanilla type scents. Not a fan of the tin can packaging for sanitary reasons. It's moisturizing but not in a silicone/greasy way. It's a decent lip balm but not better than my beloved Blistex DCT! I may repurchase just for the scent!

on 12/28/2013 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I received 2 of these in the Raspberry Rose Kiss in my stocking this Christmas. Previously my Holy Grail lip product was rose salve, but this is definitely a close second, if not even. These come in cute round tins, and the product itself is like cream for your lips. It is a thick, buttery balm that applies easily, soaks in well, and doesn't fell overly waxy or slippery. Makes an excellent base for lipstick, and also a great night time balm. Overall I am very happy with these and will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Brought two of these on a sale at CVS back in Jan or Feb of 2012, I got Raspberry Rose and the Carmel one (2 for $4.00). I just finished the Carmel one last week, yeah it lasted that long (1yr!!!) I really like to apply a thick layer of balm before I go to sleep at night and these are just great for that, they mostirize so well and soak into lips in a matter of minutes :) leaving them smooth and supple plus don't end up all over my pillowcase. They smell wonderful, I never noticed much of a taste to them though, I prefer the Caramel as the Raspberry leaves a white color caste on my lips, I'll keep this one specifically for wear in the house and bedtime and replace my favorite Caramel to throw into my makeup bag. Try it your lips will never be chapped :)

on 12/27/2013 6:45:00 PM

This stuff is a God send for Michigan women in the winter. I tend to get super dry lips, no matter what I do. I put this stuff on, and it smoothes away after a few uses; which is awesome. At first I hated the taste ( I had the vanilla one) and now it's grown on me!

on 12/25/2013 9:19:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Let me start by saying this is my HOLY GRAIL! These little tins are my little circles of happiness. I own each flavour of these little guys. Applying with my fingers is no problem since I always keep my hands clean but if anything your lips fit into the tin too. You can really feel these soak into your lip and they really moisturize! At night I like to kinda cake my lips in it and in the morning I wake up with baby soft lips. This is also perfect to put under lipstick! The smells of each one is heavenly (I personally love Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss the most) Overall just an amazing product. I definitely recommend trying these and will repurchase!!

Popular Lip Treatments