November 21, 2014 | 1758 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought a holiday set with the flavor/scent called Raspberry Rose Kiss, I love it so much! I was going to swap the 2nd tin it came with but after trying it I'm fed keeping the second tin. It's very smooth and moisturizing, I like it better than Korres' butters. I usually hate raspberry anything but the scent isn't overpowering at all, it's more like a bubblegum scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by saystephanie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am loving my Smooth Kiss Nivea Original Lip Butter! I am allergic to beeswax and it has taken me so long to find a balm that I can use without breaking out. It is very smooth and moisturizes my lips for the entire day. I often use it over my lip liners to make them look like a lipstick since it gives a soft sheen look. A little goes a long way, especially if applying it under a glossy lipstick. You only need to use a little bit to achieve great hydration. With that being said, the ONLY negative for this product for me would be that if you accidentally apply too much, it leaves a messy residue after a little while. It will go on smoothly, but before you know it you have a ring of white around the inside of your lips. I also wish that this exact product came in a tube so that I don't have to dip my finger in it each time I use it. Besides that, I would definitely recommend this product to any and everyone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pfffff, lip balm in a pot. So not special. Messy and everytime you gotta dip a finger in to spread it around. Unsanitary. Hurray for tubes of balm because this one is an over hyped item.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love these very nice, nice color, moisture and smell, great for dry lips great for winter months I brought all flavors

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a tin of the Raspberry Rose because the combination made for a beautiful and very pretty scent. The butter itself has a great texture and is a light pink shade. However this isn't sheer at all so upon my first application, I noticed my lips took on a pasty pink color which with my skin tone was not flattering. I now pat a very small amount of this very lightly over a deep berry lipstick and it results in a nice lipstick shade that's super hydrating. But I can't wear this stuff alone.

These were 2 for 5 bucks, the 2nd tin I picked up was the caramel one and its the same effect so I have to use it sparingly else I get a pasty cream colored mouth. If they were more sheer, they'd have gotten all five stars from me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by tamineseoud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the Nivea lip butter in Raspberry Rose and Vanilla & Macadamia. I don't think this lip balm is meant to be used before applying a lipstick because it is thick and drying. The only thing I really like its the Vanilla & Macadamia's scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Lizjane44

I use the Vanilla & macadamia lip butter and it's quite impressive. However, when I first started using it it didn't really seen to be doing anything for my lips but after a few weeks it started to really moisturise. I think my lips had to get use to it first before it started to work. Now I use this product under every lipstick, lipgloss and lip stain that I own. It works as a great base coat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 6:43:00 AM More reviews by arianell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I own all three of the scented Nivea Lip Butters, and while they all smell very yummy, I actually get compliments on how great I smell when I wear Raspberry Rose, which is... different, to say the least. Lol. I've never gotten compliments on a lip balm before.

I find these very hydrating; they really do have a rich, buttery feel when you apply them to your lips. The product takes a while to absorb and it has a thick texture, so I like to use them as night balms (I find the foodie scents to be relaxing and comforting, so they help me fall asleep in addition to feeling great on my lips).

The only thing I don't really like about these Lip Butters is the process of applying them, if that makes sense. They have a very soft, squishy texture in the tin, so they dent easily (and melt extremely easily if left somewhere warm), and it feels a little gross to dip your finger into a product that has such a squishy, goopy texture. They really do feel great once applied to the lips, though, so my complaint is very minor.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by DRHooke

I really love these little things. It's obviously just a cheap little lip butter, and there's nothing particularly special about it, but I just think it's a great reasonably priced lip product. I have the Caramel Cream and Vanilla & Macadamia flavors and love them both. Personally prefer the Caramel Cream, I guess. I carry that one with me in my bag and keep the Vanilla on my nightstand to put on before bed. Love them, they smell so good. But what's nice is that the scent fades after a few seconds of putting it on and you can't taste it, which I like.
Love the consistency - really smooth, but definitely not gloopy, sticky or waxy. Leaves a little bit of sheen on your lips but isn't glossy or super shiny. Never found anything better to wear under lipstick.
I don't have the problem of it leaving a white film on my lips - I think it looks great on its own. Obviously no color, but a nice healthy look. My husband told me today, while I was wearing just the lip butter, that my lips looked 3x as big as normal haha. So maybe they have some hidden plumping power.
Awesome stuff. Won't heal chapped lips, but definitely feels like it will protect lips in very cold weather. My go-to lip balm at the moment. Just love the smooth, non-sticky consistency and the great, but not overpowering, scents. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried both the raspberry rose kiss & vanilla macadamia and I'm obsessed. They smell amazing but do not leave a taste. I have very dry cracked lips and this is the only product that keeps them smooth and soft. I have strayed from these and have tried Chapstick, Eos, Carmex, Ect and I have not found anything better than these. Seriously in love!