September 20, 2014 | 1520 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by AlyK89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let me start off by saying I purchased a few of these when they came out (Pink Possibilities and Rose of Attraction). I wasn't too impressed with these shades mostly because they didn't suit my skin tone that well or were too dark for me. I CAN wear these two shades if I apply very lightly. Pink Possibilities in particular looks cute with a very light swipe. Too much and it washes me out. Which for me speaks to the color pay off of these.

However, I went back a few months later and picked up Pin Up Peach - I LOVE this color! Everything about it is perfect. I love how these feel, they are very smooth and do not dry out my lips. I do scrub my lips in the morning before applying, just with a wash cloth, nothing special. I cannot speak for longevity of this product because i almost always intentionally wipe lip products off - this is me and not the product itself.

Anyway, back to the color! It's a very pinky peach, I have very fair skin with yellow tones and this color is very pretty on my lips. The color is buildable or very sheer, whichever you want, which I also love.

I love the skinny tube, and at under $6 they are very affordable. I would buy again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Heart433

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Feels nice and silky going on, but is INCREDIBLY dry with no moisturizing ability. Do not wear if you have chapped or rough lips either, it only emphasizes how rough your lips look.

That aside - the colors are fairly flattering and opaque. I chose 'Lust for Blush' and while it was too light for me, the color itself is pretty, like a light pink nude.

At $9 I will be returning it, I will never wear it because it is so dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Laurennnuhhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have never been one to wear lipstick/gloss or anything like that because I just had having my lips feel sticky and nasty, but I was at Walmart yesterday and since my lips are so dry from the winter, I decided to pick one up. I didn't want an actual lipstick, just because my lips are naturally really red and I don't want a very bold lip color. I decided this would be my best bet. (considering the Revlon Lip Butters completely fled my mind, which I regretted not buying one after I remembered them) Anyways, I got this in One Size Fits Pearl, which is a peachy/pink color but is is VERY sheer. When I swatched it on my hand it barely even showed up but that was fine for me since I didn't want a very pigmented one. I really liked it and I applied it throughout the day over some chapstick and it was definitely a nice addition to my makeup! It does start to dry very fast but I'm not one to mind reapplying. I'd like to buy more of these and maybe some of the Revlon Lip Butters. I would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Such a versatile lipstick. Defo getting more!
Price: $8 CAD
Texture: super smooth
I have Made It Mauve, which is a rosy mauve. The best thing about this is that you can decide how pigmented you want it to be!! I can have three different intensities which is pretty damn cool as well as convenient.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by temadeamor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I never got into the lip butter craze because I found the revlon ones too sheer. I love a good tinted balm, but I was never satisfied. These aren't really balms but they are moisturizing and really nicely pigmented. I have lust for blush, which is a little too light for me( L'oreal W6) but I make it work. Youtubers are mad for this color because a lot of them are light skinned, but if you are medium or darker it may wash you out. I also have made it mauve (perfect neutral) and mad for magenta (lovely bright magenta). The packaging is better than other drugstore sheer lipsticks, not too fuzzy and easy to use. But best of all the colors are buildable yet sheer enough to be used on the go. I would highly recommend them.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Joliheart26

Ok, I love this product. I have 2 shades (oh la lilac and lust for blush) - I love both shades. They apply beautifully, I don't feel like I need a mirror to touch up. The packaging is the cutest packaging I've seen from the drugstore, colorful and chic. The colors are beautiful and I love them.

The main issue for me is after about 30 minutes (not joking) I can feel them starting to dry up on my lips! I have to reapply about every half hour if I want the product to stay on my lips. I know lip products need to be reapplied through the day, but every half hour is just way too much for me. Makes me sad, because I love the idea of these, they feel hydrating right away, colors are awersome, but they quickly fade and dry on me. Will not be repurchasing. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by beautypiano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this product in "Made-it Mauve/80". It's a very natural pink-rose-brown kind of shade, very easy to wear during the day for me. I thought it was a bit intimidating in the tube, since it looked a tad too brown, but it applies as a gorgeous understated mauve--I'd say the name's pretty accurate. It might not work on darker skin tones, but I think for anyone fair to medium-tan, it should give a lovely natural flush of color to the lips.

I absolutely love the texture of this! I have two Revlon lip butters (Candy Apple, a pretty red-orange shade; and Sugar Plum, a lovely natural deep mauve). The Revlon lip butters really don't live up to the expectations I had for them: the product did go on lovely and smooth, but they both faded unevenly, leaving me with that "ring-around-the-lips" look. Do not want! Plus, my lips started drying out as soon as it faded. The Maybelline Color Whisper takes longer to fade than the Lip Butters, and when it does fade, it leaves behind a soft, beautiful, and above all EVEN stain of color! The Color Whisper is also much more moisturizing than the Lip Butters--although the Revlon product is quite smooth and moist-feeling upon application, it doesn't continue to stay moisturizing throughout the wear time. Besides, the lip butter is much less...forgiving?..of dry lips; it will accent major flakes and cracks in your lips. Color Whisper doesn't do that! It minimizes those flaws, rather than accenting them, and makes your lips look really soft and plush.

Conclusion: Go buy this product if...you're looking for a lovely neutral daytime lip color; you felt that the Revlon Lip Butters really didn't live up to their hype, or left your poor lips looking and feeling dry; or you're looking for a lip product that's easy to apply and comfortable to wear--no fussing around needed for perfect wear with this product! I hope this was helpful!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by yanyan262

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been on a hunt for sheer, moisturizing lip stick, or a tinted lip balm and bought Maybelline Color Whisper, Revlon Colorburst and L'Oreal Color Riche Balm. L'Oreal is the most moisturizing and sheerest one out of the three. The color selection is very limited. Revlon has the most color pigment but it's also most waxy. Maybelline is in the middle and has a decent choice of colors and pink shades. I don't like the packaging is that you can't really tell what color you are getting because the color of the case is very different from that of the lip stick.

BTW, L'Oreal is the only one with SPF in case you want sun-blocking function.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

I'm reviewing go nude.
People! This is NOT lipstick. The texture first off it very wet almost like a lipgloss. Thereis no hydration at all. The colour gives off a light nude with peach undertones whichg I like but it doesn't last. The revlon LB's are way better IMO. Would I buy this again? Hell to the NO

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Holy cow are these good for the price! I'm a bit of a lipstick snob. Though I seem to have tons of everything, the ones I reach for the most are my pricier NARS and Chanel lipsticks because of the texture. These Maybelline Color Whisper things have broken into that rotation. Because this product feels so light on your lips, you'll think you have to layer on quite a bit to get any sort of color. Nope! My favorite of the bunch, Oh Lilac, manages to dull down my pigmented lips with just a few swipes. I like to wear it with Nars Harlow or Chastity to oomph it up some. I did take a lippie off because as some other reviewers mentioned, a few of the darker redder and plummier colors turn fuchsia on your lips.