Maybelline Color Whisper

4.1

Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil / Jojoba Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Propylene Carbonate, Punica Granatum Seed Oil, BHT, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Linalool, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Benzyl Benzoate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Parfum / Fragrance. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine.

on 3/21/2013 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I just purchased One Size Fits Pearl based on reviews for this product. I absolutely LOVE it! I have fair skin and love a nude-ish lip. This is slightly pink and it is very feminine. It glides on smoothely and my lips feel so soft. I really like the texture of this. Will purchase again. Wish I could find more nude shades of this ---

on 3/21/2013 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've compared the Maybelline Color Whisper lipsticks to the Revlon Lip Butters and prefer Maybelline's formula a little bit more, however I do like the shades/colors that the Lip Butters have to offer more so than the Color Whispers.
This is nice if you're just transitioning into wearing lipsticks, but it's definitely not for long-term wear throughout the day. I find myself having to reapply very often, but I do mess with my lips a lot when I know there's something there, so it'll probably be different for someone who's used to wearing makeup. It feels very light, I almost don't notice it there when I'm wearing it, even if I apply a heavy layer. It's not very moisturizing, and in fact I feel like it makes my lips drier after wearing. The price isn't bad for a drug store product, but at about $6 a tube, it's a bit expensive for me because I'm on a budget. The two colors I have tried are the Orange Attitude and Made It Mauve, both look great and are very sheer. The orange in particular is my favorite because it's very wearable and I've been looking for a color just like it for a long time, but I'm not one for wearing makeup often so it's good when I just want a bit of color without having to commit as much as a regular lipstick.

on 3/17/2013 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Had a coupon and got money for a rebate so this was only $2. "One size fits Pearl" love that its an almost sheer shimmery color. Will be great for the summer or days (in general) when I can get away with minimal makeup. It's soft, neutral, and moisturizing. And for $2? I'm sold :-)

on 3/16/2013 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is definitely one of the best lipglosses I have ever used. I've never liked how bold colored lipsticks look on me so I am very impartial to any lipgloss which can give a natural looking sheer color but that isn't too thick or sticky. Color Whisper fits the bill perfectly!! I adore the One Size Fits Pearl shade. It's a beautiful pinky peach which looks so natural and really lasts, plus it is moisturizing which makes it perfect for the colder months.

on 3/16/2013 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

For a drug store lipstick it is pretty good. I had tried their "Baby Lips" and loved the way it moisturized my lips. In this line I have "Pink Possibilities" the color is excellent ! it doesnt stay on that long, but when the moisture fades the color stain stays behind so thats good. It is also moisturizing. the only down side is that it is a good $8 and it doesnt stay on as long as i'd like.

on 3/14/2013 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this lipstick in a neutral color- 'Some Like it Taupe.' It's okay. It doesn't give much color. I have naturally redder lips and was looking for something alittle lighter and this does help wash it out. It does have the fine glitter pigments though which is kind of strange but overall it's an okay lipstick.

on 3/11/2013 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Sometimes I just want to cry and give up on lipsticks, yaknow? It's like nothing I do will prevent my lips from turning into a dry chapped mess after one day of colorful lips. Ugh.

So I've given up on the matte lip color look. Whatever, though. I love these things! Not matte, but great for your lips. I have two, one in Coral Ambition (a more subtle coral) and one in Lust for Blush (light pinky mauve, maybe?) and they are so smooth and moisturizing it's ridiculous. So much better to my lips than Lip Butters. The colors look lovely. They smell nice, like Fruit Loops, which will probably weird some people out, but I like it. The only complaint is that the formula isn't as long lasting as I would like. Other than that, I have no complaints, and I've been sticking to these pretty religiously since I got 'em. My lips are so smooth! What a super duper product. I hope I can restrain myself from collecting more. Check out swatches before you buy - the ones I got are lighter colors, but a few are VERY pigmented and strong.

on 3/10/2013 4:04:00 PM

I adore Color Whispers, which is why I have 6 of them.. I have:
~Pin up Peach, which is my fave and is one of the more pigmented ones. It is a flush of peach on my lips.
~Lust for Blush, which is a pinky-nude (more pink than nude) that is a light color and adds a wash of baby pink.
~Some Like it Taupe, a VERY sheer nude.
~One Size Fits Pearl, a VERY sheer baby pink.
~Coral Ambition, a coral (baby pink with a orange tinge).
~Mocha Muse, a beige-nude that is one of the more pigmented ones.
Overall, I really love these and I would recommend to anyone. These are thinner and shinier than the Revlon Lip Butters, and I prefer these more.

on 3/10/2013 12:33:00 PM

Seriously love this lipstick! My go-to shade is "pink possibilities" which ends up as a gorgeous wash of bright pink. I find the lipstick is moisturizing at first, but eventually dries to a lovely stain. The point being- the color doesn't completely leave your lips. I would liken this to the Baby Lips line.

on 3/10/2013 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

If your lips are sensitive, DO NOT BUY THIS!!!!!!!!!! This junk is NOT moisturizing, but pure poison. I applied this and in minutes my lips were on fire! my bottom lip developed a blister from this crap! I wish I got this from Ulta or Walgreens because I could at least return it. Don't believe the hype, this is absolutely awful. I'm sticking with Revlon.

Popular Lipsticks