December 18, 2014 | 828 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by JessPotter

I adore Color Whispers, which is why I have 6 of them.. I have:
~Pin up Peach, which is my fave and is one of the more pigmented ones. It is a flush of peach on my lips.
~Lust for Blush, which is a pinky-nude (more pink than nude) that is a light color and adds a wash of baby pink.
~Some Like it Taupe, a VERY sheer nude.
~One Size Fits Pearl, a VERY sheer baby pink.
~Coral Ambition, a coral (baby pink with a orange tinge).
~Mocha Muse, a beige-nude that is one of the more pigmented ones.
Overall, I really love these and I would recommend to anyone. These are thinner and shinier than the Revlon Lip Butters, and I prefer these more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by benny143

Seriously love this lipstick! My go-to shade is "pink possibilities" which ends up as a gorgeous wash of bright pink. I find the lipstick is moisturizing at first, but eventually dries to a lovely stain. The point being- the color doesn't completely leave your lips. I would liken this to the Baby Lips line.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

If your lips are sensitive, DO NOT BUY THIS!!!!!!!!!! This junk is NOT moisturizing, but pure poison. I applied this and in minutes my lips were on fire! my bottom lip developed a blister from this crap! I wish I got this from Ulta or Walgreens because I could at least return it. Don't believe the hype, this is absolutely awful. I'm sticking with Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I only have one of these, in the shade "Lust for Blush", but it is fantastic. This particular shade is the perfect MLBB for me. It feels nice, and it doesn't dry out my lips. I *love* that it has a semi-matte finish because it just looks so simple and timeless. I will definitely pick up more shades because the price is damn good too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

These aren't out yet here in Australia, so I got my Mum to buy me some while she was in the States on holiday (jealous!). Anyway, I'm in love with these! I currently own three: Cherry On Top (fave), Rose of Attraction and Lust For Blush. What I am most impressed by is the lasting power of the stain that these leave on the lips - you really don't need to touch up unless you want to re-add vibrancy. NOTE: those who are a cool PPP like me may find that Lust For Blush is a little more brown rather than "blush". Just an FYI. :) I definitely recommend these and the price is fair. I guess the only downside is the packaging looks a liiiiittle cheap. I still give them 5 lippies though!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by AlyK89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let me start off by saying I purchased a few of these when they came out (Pink Possibilities and Rose of Attraction). I wasn't too impressed with these shades mostly because they didn't suit my skin tone that well or were too dark for me. I CAN wear these two shades if I apply very lightly. Pink Possibilities in particular looks cute with a very light swipe. Too much and it washes me out. Which for me speaks to the color pay off of these.

However, I went back a few months later and picked up Pin Up Peach - I LOVE this color! Everything about it is perfect. I love how these feel, they are very smooth and do not dry out my lips. I do scrub my lips in the morning before applying, just with a wash cloth, nothing special. I cannot speak for longevity of this product because i almost always intentionally wipe lip products off - this is me and not the product itself.

Anyway, back to the color! It's a very pinky peach, I have very fair skin with yellow tones and this color is very pretty on my lips. The color is buildable or very sheer, whichever you want, which I also love.

I love the skinny tube, and at under $6 they are very affordable. I would buy again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Heart433

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Feels nice and silky going on, but is INCREDIBLY dry with no moisturizing ability. Do not wear if you have chapped or rough lips either, it only emphasizes how rough your lips look.

That aside - the colors are fairly flattering and opaque. I chose 'Lust for Blush' and while it was too light for me, the color itself is pretty, like a light pink nude.

At $9 I will be returning it, I will never wear it because it is so dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Laurennnuhhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have never been one to wear lipstick/gloss or anything like that because I just had having my lips feel sticky and nasty, but I was at Walmart yesterday and since my lips are so dry from the winter, I decided to pick one up. I didn't want an actual lipstick, just because my lips are naturally really red and I don't want a very bold lip color. I decided this would be my best bet. (considering the Revlon Lip Butters completely fled my mind, which I regretted not buying one after I remembered them) Anyways, I got this in One Size Fits Pearl, which is a peachy/pink color but is is VERY sheer. When I swatched it on my hand it barely even showed up but that was fine for me since I didn't want a very pigmented one. I really liked it and I applied it throughout the day over some chapstick and it was definitely a nice addition to my makeup! It does start to dry very fast but I'm not one to mind reapplying. I'd like to buy more of these and maybe some of the Revlon Lip Butters. I would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Such a versatile lipstick. Defo getting more!
Price: $8 CAD
Texture: super smooth
I have Made It Mauve, which is a rosy mauve. The best thing about this is that you can decide how pigmented you want it to be!! I can have three different intensities which is pretty damn cool as well as convenient.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by temadeamor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I never got into the lip butter craze because I found the revlon ones too sheer. I love a good tinted balm, but I was never satisfied. These aren't really balms but they are moisturizing and really nicely pigmented. I have lust for blush, which is a little too light for me( L'oreal W6) but I make it work. Youtubers are mad for this color because a lot of them are light skinned, but if you are medium or darker it may wash you out. I also have made it mauve (perfect neutral) and mad for magenta (lovely bright magenta). The packaging is better than other drugstore sheer lipsticks, not too fuzzy and easy to use. But best of all the colors are buildable yet sheer enough to be used on the go. I would highly recommend them.