December 21, 2014 | 857 users online

Eye Primer - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow primer, may be my favorite drugstore shadow primer. My eyeshadow lasts all day without creasing. Shadows blends well over it. I'm nearly finished with my first tube, and will be be buying more the next time I am at the store.

I like that it is in a squeeze tube, instead of the type with an applicator.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by melissalovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't need to say much about this product other then the fact that it is the best eyeshadow primer I've ever tried. It's thick enough to blend extremely well into my skin and it keeps my eyeshadow looking flawless all day. Recommend it 1000%

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Rave reviews all around for a Wet n Wild eye primer? Yes! Had I not read reviews beforehand, I would have totally dismissed this stuff as ineffective because it's a drugstore primer, and an inexpensive one at that. I don't usually use any Wet n Wild cosmetics- not the biggest fan, but this stuff rocks. It's as good as a drugstore eyeshadow primer can get, and just as effective as higher end brands too. At around $5 a pop, count me in. I dab on a tiny bit and blend. I apply eyeshadow after I let it sit for maybe 10 seconds. It dries to an invisible, slightly tacky finish. Shadows go on smoothly and stay put all day. I am really pleased that I didn't have to shell out around $20 for an expensive primer--I actually prefer this to UD primer potion- the reformulation makes that less effective. This is very similar performance-wise to the older version of UDPP, but less sticky/tacky, so eyeshadow application is a breeze. I'd say this ranks up there with Two Faced shadow insurance, at a fraction of the price. The only problem is it is hard to find in drugstores-- consider yourself lucky if you do. You can order online anyway. Since this is probably limited edition, it would be wise to stock up- it isn't easy to find a shadow primer that is this effective and affordable. For the price, it can't be beat. This is a definite gem among Wet n Wild products.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by ANBoudreaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

tHIS IS DEFINITELY THE BEST PRIMER I'VE USED...well besides the NARS pro prime. If you're using brightly colored shadows this one would be the better of the two though. It dries to a matte finish, and stays put once it dries. So PLEASE work quickly when u apply it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by kgloverii

I am somebody who needs an eye primer. Without it, my eye shadow will crease and wear off within a few hours, no matter the brand. ELF's primer is great (and only
$1) and Urban Decay's is great too, but really pricy. This Fergie eye primer takes the cake. It only takes a teeny bit. I rub it on my lids and blend upward to my brows, and then I let it dry for a few seconds. After it's dry, eye shadow (wet or dry) applies easily and wears like iron. I look good ALL DAY, my makeup looks fresh. It wears longer than any other primer I've ever tried and the formula is soft and blends well.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by henrysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't often use primers, it's just an extra step for me that I often forget. That said, I have in the past used UDPP, and found good results with MAC's Painterly paint pot, but once those were used up, I never re-bought any primer. A few weeks ago in K-Mart I saw this for under $5, and decided to give it a try, thinking if I didn't like it I wasn't out much money. WOW. This stuff really works! One issue I have with makeup is that I often work 12 hour shifts, so my makeup needs to last 13-14 hours to look fresh without retouching. I use this and honestly my shadow looks as good at 13 hours as it did when I applied it. As many have mentioned, it does not make my shadows look any more vibrant, but I wear a fairly muted/natural makeup look, so it doesn't matter much to me. Who doesn't like to save money?? I will definitely re-buy this product. Am loving a lot of WnW products lately...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

I've read almost all the reviews before I purchased Fergie's eye primer. The reviews overall were good enough to want me to try. I opted for the regular and I was expecting glue-like feeling but not at all. I thought it was a bit watery so I gently squeezed the tube to get mix it together. I didn't get any glue-like feeling at all. Quite the opposite, in fact. It is definitely a dupe for many of the high-end product that delivers the same result. I also have oily lids and this keep my eye shadows in place until I take it off. I was impressed with the result that I also purchased the Shimmery one. LOVE IT! Many of you mentioned that you used this on it's own and it reminds me of MAC Bare Study but so much cheaper! I wonder if the Shimmery one is a limited edition because this flew out the door. I can't find it anymore. There are tons of the regular and the Shimmery is hard to find. I hope not because this is a great product overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by livelaughsparkle89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this eyelid primer is very comparable to the Urban Decay primer potion. It's not watery in consistency. It's actually quite thicker than most eye primers. It does have a very sheer coverage on the eyelid - it covered up the small veins that poke through on my eyelids. There is no weird smell to the product either. This product can be seen at Walgreens, CVS, and Walmart. I haven't really seen it anywhere else, but Walgreens and CVS tend to have a lot of sales with Wet n Wild products so check there first!!! Overall though, it's a very good product. My ELF eyelid primer is probably my go-to drugstore eyelid primer, but this one is a runner up!!!! If you are looking for a HOLY GRAIL primer, check out Smashbox photo finish eye primer. It's about $20 at sephora but it's worth every penny!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by emily0212

I like this but it is very different from other primers. As the previous reviewer said, it is more sticky (rather than silicone-y) and it is a bit harder to blend two different colors but the color payoff (brighter) and long wear is absolutely worth it. Not to mention the price! Can't beat it and it gets even cheaper if you find it on sale or have a coupon!

I also tried the shimmer limited edition version and it made my eyelids look like disco balls. Not good, stick with the original!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I am somewhat new to eyeshadow primers but I've tried many over the past 18 months or so. The primer I've used the most is one from Hard Candy that came in a set. This primer is different in that it leaves the surface of the eyelid more matte than the others I have tried. Rather than smoothing out the surface, it leaves it a little tacky and ready to "grab" the eye color when you apply it. As stated by other reviewers, be careful to only use a tiny drop--I apply it with my pinky--or you will have too much product on your eyelid. If you only use eyeshadow on your lid, do not put it all over as this primer leaves a little grey cast to the skin. I don't personally like the color it leaves if I am not going to cover it with shadow. I have found my eye products all last longer when I use this primer. The tube is quite large and a good value for the price. I actually bought this for $2 on sale at Walgreens which I consider a steal for this quality. Used properly, this should last me until after New Year's or longer. I find Wet 'n' Wild to be one of the best drugstore brands when you compare the value with price. This is a winner!