Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

4.5

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, VP Eicosene Copolymer, Copolymer, Boron Nitride, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Synthetic Beeswax, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Bisabolol, Sorbic Acid, Octyldodecanol Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, dimethicon, Dimethiconol, Nelumbo Nucifera Stamen Extract, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides CI 77491 CI77492 CI 77499, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Is this real? A good eyeshadow primer for under $10? You bet! I've been hearing many many glowing reviews for this and when I saw it on drugstore.com I bought it quick and in a hurry; I felt that news would spread of how good it was and it would sell out so I had to have it. So, tried it and its just as good as everyone said. It comes in a cute black and silver squeeze tube, the tip is narrow enough to get the right amount out with no watery or oily excess. The consistency was perfect and trust me, a little bit does go a long way. It dries to a slight opaque finish but not too opaque where it looks ashy, and was tacky enough to make the eyeshadow stick. I used a nice green shadow for spring time and it went on so smooth and vibrant, oh. my. word! And 2 hours later in the 80 deg Florida heat, it was still there! Awesommmme! I used to use ELF primer, but sorry ELF, although you're just a $1 compared to WnWs Fergie Eyeshadow that comes in at about $5, I'll gladly pay more for this stuff. I have found my HG and I beg of you WnW, do not discontinue this or change the formula, I will seriously cry if you do, lol.

on 3/15/2014 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I didn't have high expectation for this primer, being so cheap, right? but I have to say it's the best primer i've used. I have oily lids and have tried Urban Decay, Too Faced, Rimmel and NYX primers and all crease on me as do MAC paint pots of Maybelline Color Tattoos. Yet, I got this a week ago and have used it now with MAC, Smashbox, Revlon and other eyeshadows and they all have made it crease-free, nonfading for 12 hours, amazing! if you are still looking for a shadow primer, try this one, it's cheap and good.

on 3/1/2014 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

To be honest, I had really high hopes for this product. Having super oily and hooded eyelids, I have finally particular routine with the NARS primer that really seems to work. Now that primer is definitely not cheap and when I heard Wet'n'Wild's was even better at controlling oil I ran out and bought it the next day. I saw two different types and I grabbed the "For My Primas" one, I'm not sure if that makes a difference. For me, this primer is just okay. Still better than UDPP and TFSI at an unbelievable price but I still experienced fading and creasing that I wouldn't have with NARS. I will continue to try and make this work because it is such a good bargain but at this point it's not special enough for me to want to repurchase.

on 2/25/2014 9:39:00 AM

This stuff is amazing! I have used Urban Decay and E.L.F. primers before and even though they are normally highly rated they didn't do much to combat my extra oily eyelids. My eyeshadow always creased before and slid off halfway into the day. Prior to trying the Wet n' Wild Fergie Take on the Day primer I have never been able to successfully wear eyeliner on my upper lids--it would always end up in a line on the crease. Until now! So happy that I found this product!

on 2/21/2014 10:37:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm so glad I listened to the reviews here on this! Got it for only about $5, & it out-performs MAC's Bare Canvas Paint on me! I've had notoriously oily skin my entire life, including my lids, of course. I've now been wearing this 14 hours under standard everyday conditions (office work, errands, home, etc), & not a single eyeshadow crease in sight! Seriously, looks like I just put on my eyeshadow. MAC lasts me 10 hours max. I'm definitely buying backups of this!

I know I am in the minority but I was disappointed by this product. I found it did pretty much nothing for making my shadow last. I usually use UDPP or ELF Mineral primers. I love both of those. I also like NARS and Bare Escentuals primers though they aren't as long lasting on me as UD and ELF. Lorac also is great for making shadow last but makes shadows hard to blend.

The WnW primer just did nothing. It went on smoothly similar to TSFI (which also does nothing for me). It didn't feel or act like glue as other reviewers have described. Shadows blended easily and looked good. However, my shadows faded significantly after about 4 or so hours. I get all day wear with my usual primers. I actually think the shadows may have lasted longer on their own than with this primer. The colors also became slightly muddy looking as they faded.

If I find the receipt, I will return this. It's not even worth the $5 to play around with it.

on 2/15/2014 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ok are people paying Urban Decay more money for something that they can get $4. This stuff is really good and does exactly what UDPP does. If you haven't tried this then you really need to asap.

on 2/12/2014 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this primer! It is such a great value, a fraction of the price I was paying for Urban Decay's primer potion. And it honestly works better!

on 2/12/2014 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I don't write reviews very often, but this product blew me away. I have tried several different eye shadow primers, but this is by far the best for me. I have extremely oily eyelids. Crazy oily! UDPP worked well, but I found it hard to blend shadows over it. I liked NYX HD eye shadow primer fairly well too, as well as the mineral primer from ELF, but this works far better than either of those. It has a slightly thicker feel to it, and just seems to hold back oil more effectively.

This comes in a squeeze-tube package, which is okay, but the product does tend to separate a bit. I shake the tube well and knead it a bit to mix it before I open it. I use a teeny tiny dot spread over my whole eyelid, and let it set for a few minutes. Eyeshadows blend easily over this. I have used this quite a few times now, and always with great results, but yesterday was a real test. I applied my eye shadow at about 5:30 in the morning, and when I looked in the mirror at 8 last night, it was not only still visible, but still matte and not creased at all. For me, that is truly amazing!

If you do not have truly oily lids, I would think this might be too drying. However, if your lids are a greasy mess an hour after washing your face, give this a try. The packaging is just okay, but you absolutely cannot beat the effectiveness, and the price is amazing for what you get. Very surprised but extremely pleased to get this level of quality from Wet N' Wild! Will absolutely repurchase this.

on 2/8/2014 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I bought this primer based on the reviews here on MUA. It was the first primer I ever used so I didn't know what to expect. I am 51 years old and the skin of my eyelids tends to be dry and crepe-y. I wanted something that would smooth out the skin and make eye shadow more uniform and long-lasting. This primer has a very tacky consistency so that it pulled at the skin when I was trying to smooth it out. My eyelid skin is so dry and the primer so sticky that it turned out a lumpy mess that actually accentuated my wrinkly, crepe-y skin. Putting powder shadow over it made things far worse. I couldn't leave the house like that so I attempted to remove it with eye makeup remover. I have to say that this primer has staying-power! I couldn't get the mess off! Had to start all over with washing my face.

That said, this MAY be a great primer if you have oily eyelid skin and no fine wrinkles. But for me, it was not a good experience.