April 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Eye Primer - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by imadesphousewife

First e/s primer I've ever used and I love it. My eyelids tend to be very "teastained", and I hate it! I use this product, and then Garnier Anti Dark Circle Roller on top of it, and I can ACTUALLY get away with naked eyelids. It's awesome.

I do wear e/s often as well, and this gives it tremendous staying power. Took one lippie off cause of the oozing factor others have mentioned, but still feel this is HG status for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by Darla77

This stuff is amazing. Shadow stays on for hours, even overnight (bad, I know but I was lazy). I always give it a shake to take care of that oily first squeeze others have mentioned and that eliminates that problem. I have never tried other primers to compare it to, it has only recently been an issue for me. At this price and with how well it works, why bother.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

Confession: I'm an eye primer snob. I've owned the UD Primer Potion and TooFaced Shadow Insurance for awhile, and I've never found a drugstore alternative that competes. This stuff, though, comes pretty darn close. I mean, the colors aren't quite as vibrant as they are with higher-end primers, but this does keep the shadows in place all day, without creasing. I recommend waiting for it to dry before applying your shadow. Otherwise, it can kind of wash them out. That's a little odd, but it's one of the few drawbacks. I was pleasantly surprised by this, and although it can't really compete with the higher-end versions, this is by far the best I've found at a drugstore price. I'm happy with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by SD1

I luv................this product! I actually use it as a base for lipstick.My lipsticks stays on so well with it.I apply primer,line lips,put lipstick on then blot.It works so well&the price is great.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Decobalgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff has me scratching my head. Great price for effective budge-proofery. I picked it up yesterday and tested it on my lids. Yes, some oil came oozing out before the cream, but it wasn't too bad. It didn't burn my lids or eyes. It didn't leave a crepey look on my lids. I put matte eyeshadow on one lid and shimmer on the other. I didn't remove my makeup before bed, and to my surprise woke up to no fading, no ceasing, no budging whatsoever. This morning the shadow on both lids looked exactly how they did when I put them on yesterday. I know. Shockingly impressive.
So why the 3 lippies? Because not only did it not make the eyeshadow look more vibrant, but based on my experiment this morning I can say it washes out the pigment. I don't know how that's possible. I remember yesterday on the first application I was surprised how dead the shadows looked on my lids. Both were from TheBalm's BalmJovi palette, Allegro for the matte and rem for the shimmer. The color and vibrancy I usually get from that palette was just not visible on my lids.
So I did a comparison test today. I rubbed three side by side long swaths of three different eyelid primers down my forearm: Urban Decay PP in Sin, next to LimeCrime, next to this WNW. I then swatched 11 different shadows, all from the Lorac Pro pallete, with each color swiped across all three primers for comparison. The results surprised me, although they did confirm the lack of vibrancy I noticed last night. The LimeCrime primer created the most stunning color concentration and vibrancy. A distant second performer was the UD. Compared to the shadow on bare skin, the UD still concentrated the colors significantly, but it paled in comparison to the LimeCrime. The WNW strip was completely washed out and dull looking. The real shocker was that the shadow on my bare skin on the other side of the WNW looked more vibrant than it did over the WNW primer. How's that possible? But there you have it.
I'm still happy with my purchase given how well it keeps shadow in place, not an easy feat on my greasy lids. I'll have to keep fiddling with it to see if I can fine tune this primer so that I can squeeze more color out of it, and will update this review if I learn anything new.
For those rushing out to buy the LimeCrime, I should warn you that it's a poor performer on my lids where creasing is concerned. I bought it based on Wayne Goss' review that it holds tight to shadow like nothing else, but I never use it because it does no such thing.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by macuseringa

I purchased this at Walgreens on a whim after running out of my usual Urban Decay eye primer. I was amazed at how wonderful it worked for me. The price was great first of all, and then it really works well in helping your eyeshadow to be more pigmented. I did not have any problems with burning or creping. The only reason I did not give this five stars is because of the sitatuion that several of the other reviewers mentioned in that when you squeeze out a little of the product, it continues to come out. I make sure I leave the tube upright, and just utilize the extra that has come out after the fact the next application. Due to this being a great little item for the price and for what it does, I went back to the store and bought an extra one and put it away for when the other runs out. I really like this, and will continue to purchase if it's still available.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Shizuku2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

If you have slightly crepey eyelids or mature eyes, this product is terrible and I would not recommend it. The pros: it's very cheap (paid like $5), easy to find (found it at Walgreens), and it does seem to prolong eyeshadow as long as it's only applied to just the lid (not the crease or under brow-bone). The cons: the packaging is weird in that once you open the container, the product keeps pumping out without any squeezing, plus the product also seperates and needs to be shaken each time (and this didn't happen to just me; i've read users on Youtube with the same problems). It doesn't even out skintone and it dries to transparency (although i don't believe that's in the description). And the biggest con: it really exaggerates eyelid crepey-ness. My eyelids are slightly crepey and for some reason, almost as soon as I apply this, it makes my eyes look much more wrinkly and older! I haven't used any of the other eye primers that this one has been compared to (the Too Faced and Urban Decay ones), and if they're similar i'm not sure I want to now. I will continue to use MAC Paint Pots as my eyelid primer, they're much creamier, don't exaggerate lines/crepey-ness, and do a wonderful job at evening out skintone and hiding discoloration.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I ran out of UDPP and didn't feel like driving to the mall plus I wanted to try this new primer from WnW. Rite Aid doesn't sell it but I found it at Walgreens. I'm very happy with this primer and I don't think I'll be repurchasing UDPP or Lorac Behind the Scenes anymore which were my usual primers. I've tried many HE and drugstore primers and not only am I looking for staying power and crease-proof, I'm also looking for something that is going to mask my tea stains on my lids. My under eye circles go all the way around and I can't put concealer on my lids to cover them because my lids are very oily too which causes everything to crease! I have issues people with my lids as you can see. So, UDPP and Lorac do provide some light coverage as well but they are expensive and you can't just run down to the local pharmacy to get them when you are being lazy. I like NYX HD primer for staying power but it doesn't do anything to hide my lid stains so the shadow colors tend to come out muddy and not true to color. WnW primer does it all! It covers my lid stains pretty good. It remains a bit tacky once dried but not oily. It is a dry tack which grabs on to the shadow extremely well. Once you apply this shadow, it will stay on all day and night! Also, no creases and I have oily lids and usually I do get some bit of creasing by 4pm with other primers. Lastly, I love how vibrant this makes the shadows appear on me. Wow, I can really see the depth of the shadows in detail and they don't look muddy at all. I'm telling you, this primer makes you look like a professional artist did your eyes! For $4.99 you can't go wrong. As for any side effects, I didn't experience any burning from this like the previous reviewer. Also, some complained about product dripping from the tube. I did experience an oily residue dripping out my first time using this. I was able to stop the dripping by vigorously shaking the tube for a minute before each use. By doing this, I have not experienced any dripping. So the final result is that I will be buying this primer for now on unless it gets discontinued.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by sunshineinspace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
+Cheap
+Easy to find (Walgreen's)
+Keeps makeup in place much better than using no primer

Cons:
-Major eye burning! I have never had a reaction like this to a makeup product. My eyes are bright red, irritated, and dry. Also the skin below my eyes is swollen.
-When the lid is removed, product starts dispensing from the tube. The only way to stop it is to quickly put the lid back on.

Due to the bad reaction, I will be tossing this.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

As a girl who adores Wet 'n' Wild but also uses the ELF eyelid primer religiously, my motives for buying this were somewhat skewed. I'm always looking for something new, and it's only $5, why not?
So I brought it home, tried it out, and I want to climb to the roof and sing WnW's praises. How, just how, does a company do so much for so cheap? How do they manage to turn a profit? I haven't the slightest idea, but this primer rocks for multiple reasons.
1. It beats out ELF and any other primer, high end or drugstore, in terms of staying power for eyeshadows.
2. It provides a soft, smooth base and it's tinted formula dries quickly to a clear finish.
3. It's freaking $5!
4. It's versatile. You can use it under your eyes before concealer to help prevent creasing. It feels heavenly smoothing on. Or, you can take a heavy duty concealer, aka one that covers well but is difficult as heck to blend (looking at you, Hard Candy Glamoflague) mix the two, and voila! It blends like a dream without compromising coverage.
Alas, this product does have a fault. While I'm all for squeeze tubes for sanitary and convenience reasons, for some reason, this tube keeps squeezing out product. I have to put the cap on fast or I'll lose my beloved product. I have a feeling it'll calm down when there's less product, but seeing as there's so much and you only need so little, I'm not sure when exactly that will happen. Nevertheless, it's a lovely product that will last me awhile. So I scoff at you makeup snobs who disbelieve in the power of cheap yet awesome drugstore makeup. This is living proof that you don't have to buy high end for a product to rock your socks off.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No