Revlon Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

3.0

on 8/13/2013 10:59:00 PM

I have only just returned to liquid foundations after a very long period using mineral powder foundations. My main goal for foundation is high SPF, medium coverage and decent colour. Using this as my criteria, BB creams seemed the logical option and I did try several of the Korean BB creams including the more popular ones that have the very high SPF. Being in Australia, I wanted a BB cream that was easy to source and that led me to Revlon. I chose the lightest shade "fair" and applied it using my beautyblender sponge. I found the coverage to be light to medium, but it is definitely buildable. It sets (minus powder) to a semi matte finish which is flattering and looks really great in photographs as promised. I used a seperate concealer for my eye area, but found that it worked great at covering all those little bits of redness and discolouration on the rest of my face. The look is very natural and it feels moisturising on your face without looking greasy or shiny which is a huge problem I had with many of the other BB creams. The semi matte effect lasted all day and this was without using any powder over the top as I dislike powdering over foundation. This BB cream lived up to everything it promised.

on 8/12/2013 9:59:00 PM

I tried the loreal magic bb cream and this is so much better. The coverage is good, considering that it is a bb cream. So it is good for light makeup days and it is buildable. There are not a lot of shades, so I was scared that it wouldn't march me, but it actually matched perfectly (I bought the shade medium). I have oily skin and this works great. It looks so natural. This doesn't make my skin any more greasy. The only time I blot is because of my skins natural oiliness. The only downside is that it does not last long. I don't know if I will be repurchasing, but I do know that I will be finishing this tube.

My new found love! I love this BB cream!
I actually prefer it over Garnier.

It's a little thick, but gives a really nice and natural coverage. There's more of a colour range, which is a plus. Since I find the Garnier to be a little too orange?

The spf is a bonus. My skin isn't oily so this does last all day for me. I'll definitely be re purchasing!

on 8/10/2013 11:13:00 PM

I have had so much trouble finding makeup light enough to match my skin, which is why I was so happy to find Revlon's lightest BB cream actually worked out. I use this is place of a moisturizer/primer under my Revlon Colorstay foundation. I have normal/dry skin and it makes my skin glow. It has been amazing! My makeup lasts and my skin looks healthy.

I don't understand why people hate this so much!? It's probably the best BB Cream I've tried. It gives your skin a really pretty glow. It also has a pretty good coverage. It obviously won't give full coverage because that's not what BB Creams are for but it covers most of my redness. My boyfriend doesn't like it though because it makes me smell like sunscreen but if you want your cream to protect your skin, it's probably gonna smell like that. My skin is pretty dark and I got the medium shade and it was way too light. Definitely get this for the summer it great

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I quite like this. It gives very decent coverage, as good as you could expect from a BB Cream. I use it over a primer, and then just use concealer over anything this doesn't cover. Nice product!

on 8/7/2013 12:54:00 PM

When it comes to a BB cream, you expect light coverage, but you're okay with that because the more you wear it, the less you need make up. This is the thickest BB cream ever and has the best coverage. Seriously, compare it to that drippy Maybelline BB cream and you'll see what I mean. It is the ONLY BB cream i have ever tried where it actually has coverage to be proud of. Plus, if you feel like it doesn't, its great for building up. However, make sure you blend this well for it does have an orange-y undertone. And ONE last flaw, it does not have staying power and can cake a little if you build it up too much. So i recommend a primer and powder- always!

on 7/31/2013 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have used just about every drugstore bb cream there is and this is my absolute favorite! It provides excellent coverage and is very buildable for a bb cream. I have very dry skin and this does not accentuate my dry areas at all or cause flaking. I obviously make sure to moisturizer before applying, so I can't say how the results will be if you don't.

on 7/30/2013 11:34:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I like this product a lot. For one thing, it's light enough for me (in Light) and that's uncommon among BB creams, which tend to have very few color choices. The tube packaging is great. It seems expensive at $11-$12 but Revlon products are often on sale or Buy 2 Get 1 or have coupons. You shouldn't have to pay full price.

Like other BB creams (American ones, apparently) this is more of a light foundation than anything else. It does provide some SPF, but it's not moisturizing. You still need moisturizer underneath, and concealer if your skin isn't flawless. I need powder in the summer, but probably would be happy with the dewy finish in the fall or winter.

Frankly, if there's not some really important reason to use full foundation (my beloved Revlon Colorstay Whipped) then I'm migrating toward using BB cream most days.

on 7/18/2013 8:29:00 PM

I have pale, somewhat normal to dry skin and I live in Texas. I spend a fair amount of time outdoors. I walk to and from work so I need to look professional and be sun safe at the same time. So the one thing that I immediately love about this is how great and unburnt my skin looks at night when I wash this off. So the 30 SPF broad spectrum sunscreen is a big hit with me. I have never had a foundation or tinted moisturizer look so good and block so much of the sun before. I hope that this 30 SPF or higher becomes a trend with other products as well. When I got it at Walgreens, it was the last one left in any color and I was lucky it was the light shade that I wanted. I did a quick look around and noticed that for the most part, the face products with SPF seemed to be selling better than the ones without. I got this in early July so that was probably why I saw that trend.

The product itself is a bit oily on my skin but I am okay with that since I think it gives me a dewy look. It gives somewhat sheer to light coverage which is the kind I like the best. This coverage evens out my skin tone but I still need a concealer for the problem bits. Right now, this is my best product that I have found for my face in several years. I'm 46 and I just wish this had been around since I was a teen, I can only dream about how young I would look if I had always had this high of a SPF on my face and body everyday.