November 24, 2014 | 1179 users online

BB Cream - Revlon - Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked up light medium and got $3 off with an in-store coupon. This comes in a little squeeze top tube and the product is the consistency of hand lotion so don't use too much pressure or you will get too much out. It is heavily tinted and looks just like foundation. I only used this on half my face to see how it compared to natural skin. It seems to take quite a bit of product though to do my whole face and it doesn't seem to spread out as well as I expected. I had to keep getting just a dab more. It gives a nice coverage and evened put redness and blotches in my skin. It even covered my freckles! It put this on several hours ago and it still feels heavy and my skin feels weighed down and clogged. It is shiny and looks greasy on and actually instead of blurring the fine lines and pores, they look accented to me. Eek! I look like i need to blot my face with paper or add some powder to get rid of the greasy shine. I really like the coverage this gives and the way it evened out my skin color and I loved getting $3 off. Ugh. I just bought this this morning and already I am wanting to return it. I rarely return products. Skip this and save your money$$.

EDITED: I really love the coverage this stuff gives and want to like this product and give it every chance to work for me. I added some loose setting powder over this and it fixed the oily shiny look. I can live with the look it has now, It still feels heavy on though and now with the powder too, it feels cakey but it doesn't look it. I really want to like this BB cream. It could easily replace my heavy foundation for a summer look as it covers redness, splotches and so well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by aecloud

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love most of Revlon's products, but this isn't one of them. After the 3rd day of use, I've realized that it just sits on my skin. It's never absorbed, so throughout the day, it cakes. The coverage is minimal too. I'll be giving this one to my 15 year old :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by pj6000

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first purchase of a BB Cream. I bought the Medium tone which goes on a tad light, but after 10 minutes, it blended in beautifully. The coverage was light but effectively evened out my skin tone. The moisturizing effectiveness lasted throughout the day. I live in a dry desert climate, and my skin runs dry, so I need a powerful moisturizer. Photoready BB kept my skin feeling soft and hydrated, all day and evening. The instructions say that you should re-apply every 2 hours. I'm sure that's for the sunscreen ingredient to be effective. But I'm in an office all day, so I haven't reapplied. It will be interesting to see how it layers with periodic applications, sweating, and being outside in hot weather. Considering the price..I was more impressed with this product than the testing of Smashbox's twice the price BB Cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by ashisunoriginal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really like this product. I was looking for something that was light coverage, quick to put on, and would suit dry skin and this have definitely proven to be it. It does sometimes get a little too shiny on me towards the end of the day, but a little bit of powder seems to help stop that. I feel like my skin has been in better condition since I started using it and stopped caking foundation onto my face, but when there are areas that I think need a little bit more coverage I just put some concealer on over the top.

I haven't tried Asian BB Creams, so I can't compare to them. But I find this blends into my skin smoothly, doesn't highlight any dry patches on my skin (which every foundation I've tried in the last year and a half has), I haven't had a reaction to it (I have fairly sensitive skin that's prone to eczema), so overall I really like this and think it could become my new every day staple. The only downside is the price, here in Australia it's a little expensive compared to other drugstore BB Creams. But given that it's Revlon, I guess that's expected.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by katey88

I really wanted to like this product.. I got the color light. It was a perfect color for my skin tone, but other than that it wasnt worth the $11 i spent. It looks cakey on my skin, and doesnt hardly blend at all. The packaging had great quality, i just wish the actual product could back it up. In conclusion i will not be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes but I'm not a fan. I really like Skin79 BB creams and this is the first American version I have tried. It offers very, very little in the way of coverage and not much moisture, either. I use it as a primer for other foundations and it is just okay in that capacity. I don't find it impressive in any way and would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Valentinies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really greasy, poor coverage. Not as bad as Garnier's BB cream, but I was really disappointed with this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Dominoangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought this was the ONE! I was so excited! And then it turned ORANGE. Horrible. It also oxidized and darkened FAR more than it should have. I bought the lightest color. Fair skin girls, keep looking.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

About me- 44 yrs old, lily white/ultra fair coloring, neutral to cool undertones, combination, sensitive skin. BB creams have been hit or miss for me, mostly due to shade selection (or lack there of) and/or the finish of the product isn't what I want. I decided to give this one a shot and at first, I didn't really like it. I had been using Palmer's BB cream, which had become my favorite, but I find that it can be dry and can cake a bit, although the ingredients are exceptional. I have also liked the Maybelline BB cream for its "luminous" finish and that it didn't really cause me much oiliness however, it has almost no coverage while the Palmer's has a bit more. My skin had become drier over the winter and I had started using a facial oil which I love and have seen major skin improvement from using. After starting with the facial oil, I began to have issues with using any type of base product as they either separate on the skin or become very oily or both, even the 2 previously mentioned BB creams, even though the face oil sinks into my skin completely. I pulled the Revlon BB back out and tried it again. I have found this to work the best over the face oil and now I love this product! It seems to have more coverage than most without caking up or separating. It is thicker than the Maybelline but not as thick feeling as the Palmer's. It seems to ahve more coverage than tinted moisturizers as well but hydrates as well as TM's. The bonus of having an SPF 30 is fantastic as the face oil has none and I use it daily as my moisturizer. For the most part, my skin is pretty clear and even, with the occasional breakout, and some redness around my nose. This product gives me enough coverage to even out my skin, gives a luminous finish that is not as shimmery as the Maybelline (more "healthy glow"), doesn't irritate my skin or cause me to breakout. Anything it doesn't completely cover, I can hit with a concealor. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for sheer coverage, with good SPF. One note- please keep in mind that BB creams are not full coverage foundations nor are they a complete skincare product either. Know what to expect from what you're buying and there will be less disappointment!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by ritaoutt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am new to the BB cream phenomena, but I have been satisfied with the Revlon Photoready BB cream. I tried the Garnier BB cream first and was not very happy with how it looked on my face or with the smell. I use my Aveeno positively radiant moisturizer first and then put on the BB cream and it smooths on well. It helps to even my skin-tone and I like wearing it on a daily basis instead of a full face of foundation. I don't really have acne prone skin, just dark circles and a little redness around my nose. The formula is thick, but it has an SPF of 30 (awesome)! I like to warm the formula on my fingertips first and then apply it to my face. I don't love this product, but it is definitely satisfactory.