August 1, 2014 | 1307 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by misszb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love the effect this mascara gives! It's volumizing and lenghtens my lashes a bit too. The only downside with this is that I experience some flaking, which never happens to me with any other mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Mimichat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sweet Lord, this product is definitely life-changing for me. I reach more for long length than volume in a mascara but this one really gives it all. My perfect lashes used to need a combo of the Voluminous Mascara (for volume) and the Telescopic one (for length), but this one totally blew me away by making my lashes way better and gorgeous with his simple formula! And I tried quite a few!!! The formula is quite watery when new thought, but become to its unbeatable texture about after a week or so. The packaging is perfect and I really enjoy the wand which I was a bit skeptical about at first. The only downside of it might be its durability (it sometimes comes off a bit during the day - but nothing too disturbing). Anyway, it just makes my lashes look so perfect (volume, definition, length, no clumps - thank god) ! But it sure is my all time favourite mascara!!! Plus, it really is inexpensive - so much that I can't even believe the quality-price ratio yet. Needless to say, I recommend it to everyone:)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by jsbun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was hoping to be a big fan of this mascara since a lot of people were raving about it but I definitely am not a fan.

I have fine and sparse eyelashes and they can hold a curl after I give them a few pumps from my eyelash curler, but this mascara made my lashes very clumpy, wonky, and unflattering.

I believe the formula seemed to be very wet and heavy on my lashes; it took unusually a while to dry.

I did like the brush a lot since I could feel the bristles grasping onto each of my lash, which is a first since all the other mascara brushes I've used didn't seem to feel that way on my lashes. Although, the brush does hurt my tight lining area and makes it quite sore or maybe I just suck at putting on mascara, haha.

Since my eyelashes are fine and sparse, after wiping the mascara off, some of my lashes do come out which doesn't usually happen with other mascaras that I have used under the Maybelline brand fortunately.

So overall, I didn't enjoy using the mascara at all.

I like the bristles on the brush and the packaging is cute as well but the formula definitely did not work for my lashes. I think some one with more thick lashes would enjoy this mascara more than someone with brittle, sparse, or fine lashes like me.

Hope this review helps those of you who are interested in this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by ChelseaMSW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I seriously think this mascara might be life changing, possibly HG status! I bought this to replace the tube of L'Oreal Butterfly that I returned to Ulta for the flake-fest it caused. I've used this one for about a week, and I have yet to find anything I don't like about it. Price and availability are wonderful, packaging is very lovely and fun, color is perfect, formula is thin enough not to clump but thick enough to build volume and hold a curl beautifully, and the brush is big and strong. The tube and brush work together so that there is the perfect amount of product on the brush when taken out of the tube, so the mascara goes on cleanly with no clumps or spidery mess. And not once this week have I seen a single mascara flake!!! Just gorgeous, wide open, doll-like eyes with long, lush lashes!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by rennie18

I really don't see much difference between the maybelline mascaras. I really like this one, it gives me length but not much volume. I don't like how it wears off throughout the day and it is hard to reapply.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Baxter007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hate the wand, i feel like I'm combing a metal comb through my lashes and it hurts. It does however look amazing and does its job. I'm not super hyped about it because the telescopic extensions mascara from loreal totally beats this. The formula doesn't dry and it's a perfect mascara overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by strawberrymelons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this mascara. It lengthens my eyelashes and gives volume. My eyelashes are pretty straight but with this mascara the curl actually holds up throughout the day. The formula is wet but not too wet. Eyelashes look nice and fluttery. I find if I layer too much (and we all sometimes do this: not realizing when we should stop layering our mascara and then we mess everything up) I will end up with spidery looking eyelashes and clumps. I've gone through quite a lot of mascaras recently looking for "the one", but after this one, I don't think I'll be switching mascaras for a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Blove94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This mascara is perfect for those of you who really like your eyelashes separated (spider-like). Personally, I am not a fan of spidery eyelashes so that's why I am rating this a 3 out of 5. However, this mascara is decent. The consistency is wet but not too wet that it starts to clump. The brush is pretty big (comparable to the brush of the covergirl lash blast) and it does kind of hurt when you apply it too the root of the lash since the bristles are thick. It gives a spidery effect and lengthens the lashes. I personally do not think it adds any volume, mostly just length. The packaging is obviously adorable! And it doesn't flake or wear off during the day. I wore this mascara for 12 hours a couple of days ago and when I came home, it looked as if I had just applied it. But this mascara is a little difficult to take off. I probably would not repurchase this mascara just because I like trying new ones unless it does wonders for me which this one did not but it was still decent.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by silversouls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrible. I don't think I've actually hated mascara until this one. It separates my lashes and makes them look thin and spidery. It is advertised as "zero clumps". Completely untrue. The clumps are so bad I can't even comb through them with a spoolie.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by alyssawren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I heard about this mascara a lot on YouTube, so I decided to try it out. I was reluctant at first, because I didn't like that last one, "Mega Plush" because the brush was wiggly and impossible and the formula was very thin and weak. I really like this one though! It is more of a wet, shiny texture instead of some of the matte carbon-y feeling ones. The brush does work really great for separation, although sometimes if I'm not careful it will clump on my eyelashes since the brush holds so much product. I have only tried it on once, but plan to use it in the next coming days to test it out so more. My first impression is four star, though. I have it in the non-waterproof formula, so I still don't know how long the wear is. But I would definitely recommend it because of its good brush and liquid-like texture. Great for shiny, long lashes.