OPI Chip Skip

2.7

ETHYL ACETATE, AMMONIUM HYDROXIDE

on 1/9/2003 11:04:00 PM

This made no difference at all on how my polish wears. After three days, I had major peeling at the tips of my nails, so I don't think there is any benefit to using this.

on 1/6/2003 9:31:00 PM

I have no idea what this stuff does. It didn't make my nails chip faster, I suppose, but it sure didn't help. It was $9 at Ricky's. Next time, I'll skip the Chip Skip.

on 12/28/2002 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I still don't understand all the hype about this stuff. It smells like nail polish remover, the brush is microscopic, you can't tell you've put it on , and damned if my nails weren't chipping in 4 days anyway.

Save your money and buy a good topcoat and apply that every other day like you're supposed to, or even better - - buy some Nail Envy as basecoat. That worked better for me.

This was a complete waste of $10.

on 12/13/2002 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love, love, love this stuff! I used it 3 weeks ago on my at-home pedicure, and there's not even any wearing at the tips - I could extend the pedicure for 4 weeks if I wasn't tired of the color.

on 12/7/2002 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this, I swear I did. I honestly don't see a difference between this and the
$1.99 clear polishes that I have. My polish held up just as long with this as it did when I wore other ones.

on 11/29/2002 6:00:00 PM

I'm still test running this on my toes (I don't polish my fingernails). My polish will usually last about 2 weeks, and it lasted about the same length of time the last time I used Chip Skip (but I used a new, different brand nail polish). Update: After 3 uses, I honestly did not notice any difference in the "lastability" of my pedicures. This is a product I would not repurchase.

on 11/25/2002 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Ok, I have been wearing this underneath my polishes for about 5 weeks, testing it with 5 different polishes to really see if it makes a difference. I would have to say overall, it does help nail polish last a little longer. Don't expect nailpolish to stay on alot longer, but this extended the life of my polish about an extra day. Usually my polish will start to wear away around the tips and this also kept that from happening slightly. I will continue to use this cause any additional time is worth it to me!

on 11/23/2002 10:08:00 AM

After I brushed this on, I applied my nailcolor and I was amazed at how smoothly it applied. It went on like it does at the nailsalon. My nails had a glass-like, shiny finish! I did find my nailcolor lasted a few days longer, with this under. **UPDATE**: Usually after I remove polish, my nails feel stronger/healthier. BUT, with manicures I used this my nails felt the same or even weaker/drier. I also noticed some ridges on my nails after removing polish, when I used this. My advice would be to skip the Chip Skip.

on 11/8/2002 5:06:00 AM

I received this in a very generous swap from the gorgeous Poetikgirl, and I love it! I can see a real difference- no idea how it works, but it's a simple step in my manicure routine that improves wear and finish. I'm really impressed!

on 10/16/2002 10:34:00 AM

This really works! I can't believe it but it does! My nails usually chip in 1 day, I can go a WEEK NOW! YAY! I use this, then Essie MillioNails, 2 coats of color, top coat. My nails are growing and the Chip Skip is a miracle product for me! I will always have this in my manicure bag! RAVE!

Popular Treatments