December 18, 2014 | 855 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2007 1:29:00 AM More reviews by keavy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first I didn't care too much for this lipstick because I felt Russian Red(my HG) was just the same only better. After I took a good look in the mirror I noticed how incredibly beautiful the shade and finish were and fell in love ! The shade is just as lovely and red as Russian Red only with a sexy shine finish (Russian Red is a Matte finish). Will I be repurchasing this lipstick ? You bet your sweet b*tt will !!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2007 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Peacelover18

NW15

My first red (and my first MAC) lipstick. It looks amazing against my pale skin. It's a great bluish-red, with a great creamy smooth consistency. I'll definitely be buying more MAC lipsticks.

EDIT: Over a year (and many more MAC lipsticks) later, and I still love this one. Perfect red for me, although I've heard it can turn pink on some people.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2007 10:36:00 PM More reviews by hilaryblossom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wear really dramatic red lipstick all the time, so naturally, i bought 'mac red' lipstick. Unfortunatley it fades really fast, and to a very pink colour. It has no staying power colour wise, or in general for that matter. My poor boyfriend at the time would have red lipstick all over him whenever we kissed. I've worn many other red lipsticks when making out and they stayed on relatively well(they weren't a stain or anything) but this comes off SOOOOO easily.

boyfriends beware.

quite frankly I've given up on mac lipsticks in general.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2007 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Darling12

I got this through Back to MAC and the sales girl who suggested it was simply divine, so I politley accepted it, not thinking I'd care much for it...and it WAS free...

To my surprise, it was the BEST red I had EVER worn. Red lipstick tends to look extremely orange (not always a bad thing) or too...well...red on my C2 skin. The texture is sublime, and the color is perhaps best because of this/ The texture creates a filmy look that makes the red look less extreme. Delightful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2007 6:42:00 AM More reviews by LadyMedb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Yes, it does photograph orange. It's the oddest thing.

However, this gorgeous blue-red is the closest thing to a true red I can wear (my olive tones dictate blue or brown reds), and it's vivid, bold, and fun. Lasting power is amazing, it rarely smudges, and the texture is dreamy.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2006 8:15:00 AM More reviews by shakerattlerock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this lipstick. It is such a gorgeous shade of red, smells lovely and has a nice texture. The staying power is amazing, even after a meal it's still there! The only downside to this product is that it looks orange for some reason in photographs (even though it is a blue-toned red) which annoys me because in real life it's such a stunning red. Argh. I think I'll try 'ruby woo' or 'russian red' next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2006 3:17:00 AM More reviews by wally7062

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Trusting MAC as the authority of everything makeup, I believed that "MAC Red" would be the perfect, bluish, fire engine red. Unfortunately, when I put it on my lips (I have somewhat pale skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair), it turned a reddish fuschia. Instead of that 40's pin-up girl/Betty Boop red, I got something more along the lines of... Debbie Gibson magenta. Plus, it bleeds! I've had it on for less than ten minutes and the area below my lower lip looks like I just got off the ski mountain, it's so chapped looking. My only hope is to layer this over a brown-based liner or to swap it altogether. ::sigh::

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2006 3:54:00 PM More reviews by PattyG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So, I ventured out to the mall today with my 6 MAC empties in a plastic baggy...in search of a nice red, a blue red. Well, blow me down! It was under my nose all this time. I don't know why, but I had overlooked this red lipstick before, or I just didn't give it the lip service (pun intended) that it deserved. Well, this color looks fabulous on me as I need a blue red for my coloring. Nice consistency, doesn't feel thick or gooey and it's matte, so I can keep it matte or put gloss over it for a nice shiny finish. I do believe I've found my perfect red lipstick!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2006 1:52:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Beatuiful true (blue) red. Satin texture, not much shine, but not really drying either. Best true (blue) red out there!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2006 11:52:00 PM More reviews by spooky_natalya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

well i'm always on the quest for that perfect retro red. i think i have found it. this is an intense bluish-red and has a satin finish. not too shiny, not too matte, doesn't leave your lips wanting moisture, but yet isn't so shiny that it looks like you got in a fight with a vasoline can. pretty marilyn monroe type red, looks great with any outfit and really compliments my pale skin / black hair / green eyes look. perfect and though i know red lipsticks can run, this one actually lasts pretty long after eating a sandwich, soup, whatever, needs a slight touch up, but has staying power, would definitely get again, long lasting product too, worth the $$