August 30, 2014 | 1713 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by mkoutsolias

I first purchased the L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream last summer when I lived I was living in Dallas. I bought the Medium shade. I didn't really like it because it felt a bit dry and made my skin appear orangish. I threw it in the back of my bathroom closet and forgot about it all together. When I moved to Michigan and was unpacking I found it and decided to give it another try and now I absolutely love it. It doesn't make my skin appear orangish now and the texture is just fine. I don't know if it had to do with the drier climate of Dallas?.. After reading a lot of the reviews I'm seeing people had issues with turning orange to. I wonder if this product is climate sensitive?
I have combo/oily skin that breaks out from everything and this product does not make me break out.
I recently purchased a new bottle when I ran out and I'm still having great results.
It is medium coverage which I prefer and the finish is matte which is I love! BB Creams typically leave a shiny finish on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

This is my go to if I don't want to wear a lot of makeup. It doesn't have a lot of coverage and is quick to apply. The beads are a little weird, and you have to make sure to blend it really well. The lightest colour matches me pretty well, but is a little pink. It's not super long wearing but I tested it out while running in the rain once, and it held up pretty well. I haven't tried it as a primer yet, though. I'm almost out of it and would re purchase if I didn't have so many other foundations / bb creams.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by jimandpam87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't think I have the ideal skin to wear a bb cream, being that it's acne-prone and combo-oily. Most of the ones I've tried have either broken me out or just made my skin really shiny after an hour or 2. I really like this one, though. I would recommend this as a bb cream for those of us with oilier skin. It provides a relatively matte finish and actually stays on well throughout the day (even when combating summer heat!). However, it's still really lightweight. It also provides a decent amount of coverage compared to other bb creams I have tried (I would say medium coverage overall). I still have to use a concealer on my blemishes and acne scars, but it does a nice job of evening out my skin tone. I have been using this for several months now, and it hasn't broken me out. It's a little pricey, but considering the benefits, I don't mind paying for it. I really like this for days when I want to look really natural, but still need some coverage. Great product!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Netty12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So i have acneprone skin and this stuff made it worse. Got super oily, broke out, and looked orange after a few hrs.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

What the heck?! This stuff has "beads" in it that feel scratchy when applied. It turned me orange! I bought the fair thinking it would do well as a primer (it states that on the tube) but boy was I wrong! I couldn't leave it on because of the oompa loompa look it gave me even under my foundation. Don't waste your money. They should have named it "Scratch your face and watch it Oxidize, NON BB Cream Grout Beautifier" omg yuck!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by VintagePro

I SO love this stuff! It makes my freckled skin look smooth; it sort of evens tone without actually covering anything, which is "magic" to me. I can do a "no-make-up" look that looks fabulous in 3 minutes using only this, mascara, and lip butter (I did this once and a lady stopped me on the street to tell me that my beauty is "striking").

I'm an NC20, and most brands' "light/fair" shade is too dark for me, but this one is a pretty good match.

This would by my HG if only it had sunscreen.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Inayah

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not bad. I decided to try this after I tried the Maybelline dream fresh BB cream. I like this one better on my skin. It's funny because when you squeeze some of this BB cream out it actually comes out white! As you blend it on to your skin with your hands you will feel tiny beads and I think that the beads is what holds the color of the BB cream. You will notice as you blend that the beads will burst and the white cream will turn in to skin color. I think It has pretty good oil control and it feels very comfortable on the skin. It lasts pretty long on my skin too. This BB cream has light coverage and it looks very natural. One of the problems though is that it has no SPF, but I usually just apply some sunblock before I wear this.

EDIT: This broke me out. I've moved on to korean BB creams. I prefer MISSHA perfect cover BB cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by jogun11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

MAGIC is certainly the word! I am almost 53 years old. I have tried other drugstore BB creams like Garnier antiaging - pricey oil slick!, Hard Candy - ok, Maybelline - good price, better than Hard Candy, Rimmel - meh, L'Oreal Youth Code - expensive, dark and shiny....not real happy until I bought this the other day. Dried on face perfectly...not shiny, not too matte...does not turn orange...magically blurs your face to look like you have a special Hollywood lighting filter on it or something! It comes out of the tube white but magically changes when you massage it in. Of course under this, I still use my concealer for blemishes and undereye. The bonus was when I put this one over my undereye concealer...all I can say is WOW, my best me. And it was only around $7 !

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by ohmyjeinyy

I do like this product. its so liquidity, its hard to control the product it gets to be annoying. I squeeze it on the back of my hand and while I'm trying to put the lid back on, it just runs down the back of my hand. other than that I like this bb cream. its my skin but better look. its great for when I don't want to put foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ih8acneomg

This is the first BB cream I have ever tried, and I wear it to school for a light coverage. I do have acne and I was looking for a BB cream to cover the redness on my skin. I also set the BB cream with a powder. It looks okay when I put it on, a little powdery for my taste but I can deal with it. However by the end of the day when I look in the mirror it looks horrible. My skin is oily and by that time all of the BB cream is gone but some of it settles into my acne creating very unattractive blotches. I strongly dislike this product and I hope I find a better BB cream.