October 25, 2014 | 1884 users online

Blush - NARS - Exhibit A

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Insidia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My HG blush, without a doubt. However, it's not for everyone -- you really need a light hand and fluffy brush to apply this well. On my very pale, yellow-toned skin I find it hard to wear pinks or mauves, but this vibrant red really did the trick. It also looks fantastic on darker skin tones, and it really isn't as crazy as it looks in the pan -- with the right technique and proper blending, Exhibit A looks awesome. Like all NARS blushes, it is expensive, but I consider the money well spent. It's very highly pigmented and will certainly last a long time. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by lindalooby

I am a recent convert to Nars blushes. I didn�t feel the price tag of $62 Australian dollars was worth it, way too extravagant for me. We I am happy to say I just love Nars blushes and I can even get passed the price tag. I started off with Orgasm which is very nice, followed by
Douceur which I love. I am also a little mixer so I tend to dip the brush into 2 blush pans and create a colour on my cheek. I was always striving for that clean clear colour. I like my make up to be clean, clear and polished with a look of minimal fuss. Exhibit A does just that, I just touch the blush into the pan and sweep my cheeks, I follow with a powder brush to blend, blend, blend. The colour is fantastic, giving me that natural well polished look. It is a definite must in my make up routine. And as all the reviews state the colour is scary, you need to apply with a light hand. But thanks to the Sales Assistant and Mecca Cosmetica Mosman for planting the seed to try Exhibit A. For reference I blend NC25 and NW25 Mac foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by jarhandastewart

There is something about the Nars brand that is just so so good! All their blushes are super highly pigmented but somehow you don't end up looking like a clown. Just a beautiful finish! Exhibit A is just a great orange/red that's wonderful on tan and darker skin tones. Best wishes, jarhanda stewart

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 5:35:00 AM More reviews by mahalobeauty

I absolutely love this blush. I was kind of hesitant to buy it because it's bright red in the pan, but it's a different story when you get around to swatching it. I admit, it took me quite a few visits before purchasing but I definitely don't regret it. I wear this blush nearly every day. It's perfect. It gives you that warmth you need, and it's matte. I suggest every WOC go out and buy this. The price isn't bad IMO. You get an excellently pigmented product. You only need a tap on each check for color. This is going to last me for YEARS.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a perfect dupe for NYX Africa eyeshadow. More Pigmented of course. I love this blush and dont see myself running out of it soon, its soo pigmented and awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Kleinsteuber

My holy grail blush. I have fair neutral skin, and even though this blush looks really scary in the pan, it actually works on me. It gives me a very pretty, girly flush. I love it so much, and I advise anyone who's been thinking about buying it but has been too scared, just GO FOR IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by vesperholly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Many of the recent reviews of this blush are from darker-skinned ladies, and I'm pleased to tell you that Exhibit A looks gorgeous on my light skin, too! Hooray for universally appealing blushes! I'm NW20, neutral leaning cool.

I use a fluffy, not dense blush brush to apply. One medium-strength tap - do not swirl! - yields the perfect amount of pigmentation per cheek. I haven't even disturbed the hatchmarks yet, and I've used it daily for the past two weeks. At this rate, this blush will last longer than I do!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by malini2b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Exhibit A is a fabulous, versatile, and near-universally flattering blush. The reasons have already been outlined and repeated in these reviews, but here's my $.02:

PROS:

--The color payoff is wonderful. Yes, it's a garish tomato red in the pan, but have faith in MUA, as I did -- with a light hand and a little practice, it gives you a beautiful, warm, natural flush. I don't like blush that's too obvious but do want it to show up on my olive/tan Indian skin (NC42, MUFE HD 155). And unlike many blushes on darker skin, Exhibit A does show up, and beautifully.

--I love the color on me, and I believe it would work well on a range of skin tones, pale to dark. Just start with a dusting with a soft contour brush, build up based on your preference, and buff with powder if needed. Depending on the look I'm going for, I sometimes will layer a pink or bronzish blush on top and blend well -- it's a subtle color adjustment but works.

--It LASTS. It's stayed on all day, all night, through wedding receptions where I danced and sweated for hours and hours, etc., etc. I almost never touch it up.

--It also lasts in the pan, not just on your face. One swipe on the brush lasts me 2-3 applications. I don't actually swipe -- I just touch the brush to the surface of the blush, tap (and never see any excess fly off), and apply. B/c it's so pigmented, enough remains on the brush that I don't have to dip again the next time. As noted, I prefer a subtle look, so this is probably a factor.

--I think the packaging is great: small and sturdy. I travel a lot, and it's held up for the last 6 months in my makeup bag and through frequent shuffling/jumbling. I don't care about glamorous packaging in general; it suffices for me b/c it's sturdy.

CONS: The price, of course. I waited for a Sephora 15% promo before buying, but still. However, as others have noted, the pigmentation is such that I really think it'll be at least 5 years before I need to repurchase. I've had it for 6 months, and it doesn't look like it's been touched. And I wear it at least 3-4 times a week.

In sum: an amazing blush that would work on just about anyone. Thanks to MUA for yet another incredible find!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by bflournoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

do not be intimidated by this blush, it will look great on you. I would always go into sephora, look at it, scrunch my face and walk away. but one day i decided to be bold and purchase it and try it out at home, and it was honestly one of my best purchases. the bright matte orange looks great on my brown skin, when used properly (do not use a heavy hand with this). I I recommend this blush a million times over!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I saw this blush, and never thought of trying it on. It looks sooo bright and just not my style. I read the reviews, and went back and tried it on. I love it. You have to use such a light hand. I mean, super light! Or you will look like you have a fever or a bad sunburn. lol. Therefore, I won't repurchase this because it will last me FOREVER.