July 29, 2014 | 1924 users online

Lip Treatments - E.L.F. - Studio Lip Exfoliator

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Dori319

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried the LUSH and C.O. Bigelow lip exfoliators and neither of them worked nearly as good a this elf one. For $3, it's a steal and does a much better job at exfoliating than products 3 times the price. Nothing leaves my lips smoother, free of dead skin and ready to wear lipstick like elf's lip exfoliator. This is HG for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by livelynnlipstick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this product wasn't all that for me I don't like the taste its basically a suger scrub in lipstick form

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this exfoliator! Not only is it the cheapest one I've ever purchased, but I also like that the balm is solid. Every exfoliator I've had before is more of a scrub-- like a sugar in vaseline consistency, that you manually exfoliate your lips with.

Those work OK, but honestly are so messy it would make me not want to exfoliate. This solid stick balm it great bc a-no mess and b- I can apply a lot of pressure which allows me to exfoliate my lips better.

My lips look awesome after using this, and my lipsticks don't feather anymore.

$3, and the tube itself is sexy. ELF products are so dirt cheap, but don't have that tacky cheap packaging like other cheap brands (ie: N.Y.C, wnw, jordana.. they all make some decent products, but the packing really sucks). ELF has packaging that really makes the products look like quality.

I will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

First of all, I must thank MUA for introducing me to this little gem which is absolutely brilliant at its job.
I bought this off the ELF Australia site where the price was hiked up to $6; I bought 6 (you heard right, I bought SIX!) and it was all 'sold out' after that. Anyway I digress. The product is housed in a sexy black matte tube which oozes sophistication and makes it look a lot more expensive that it is. The product smells very pleasant and the sugar particle sizes are just right and not coarse like my failed DIY lip scrub. However as many other people have stated, there's a lot of lip balm at the top so after the first few use, you should be able to experience the sugar on your lips. The product exfoliates very well and is so gentle! I use it every 2-3 days because I wear lipstick and it dries out my lips. I find the product is a bit 'wobbly' so don't twist too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by LNguyen97

I think I can honestly say that this is my favorite elf purchase. I only use this when my lips are feeling extra chapped and it works amazing! My lips feel super soft and the packaging is very convenient which is another plus. I'll definitely repurchase (:

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by asyoulikeit

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent exfoliator! I wear a bright lip stain that dries my lips and highlights imperfections. Using a balm keeps them soft but exfoliation is a must for smooth lips. This product does both jobs. As someone mentioned, it breaks easily so be careful or you'll be applying it with your fingers (which works just fine, btw). Still does the job though and the easy breaking is the only reason I marked it down one lippy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticluv18

I am in love with this lip treatment! It tastes super sweet and exfoliates away all the dead skin on my lips, which I have a lot. I use my EOS lip balm or my Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm after exfoliating and that gives me great results. This is a staple in my makeup bag and I wish I bought more! Definitely worth the $3.00 I paid for it!! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has become my new obsession. It is amazing! I can't believe I was about to spend $20 on a lip exfoliator when this is only $3 and probably works just as great. I was getting fed up of having cracked lips after I applied matte lipsticks and all I can say now is HELLO MATTE LIP PRODUCTS!! It smells great like coffee/maple I follow the instructions on the packaging and I have no complications all day. You have to try this

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Amberleighanne

Holy grail product! I use it every time I wear any kind of lip product. It's cheap, doesn't taste bad, and it's gentle enough to use every day. The only thing is it gets kind of dull and smooth after you use it alot, but that can be taken care of by just rubbing your thumb on it until some sugar comes off and you can feel that it's a rough again. I put on Burt's bees mango lip balm after using this product to moisturize, and it works like a charm (:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by ajb426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This does exactly what it's supposed to do - it exfoliates so well, as a lip scrub in lipstick form. Just swipe this over your lips and you will be rid of flakes. (You will hurt your lips if you press too hard though; just use with a light hand!) The price is awesome, too - $3. As someone said before me, you can use the side as a regular lip balm. This stuff smells like sugar/vanilla/a little bit of mocha ... yummy! It tastes good too, if you happen to get this in your mouth by accident. The packaging is very attractive, as well: a matte black lipstick tube with the label in tasteful, simple lettering. I put this on before I go to bed and apply regular lip balm over top and it has been working wonderfully!
Also, this doesn't have icky ingredients (no parabens, for example). It does contain aspartame, but you shouldn't be literally eating this stuff, so no worries. I really like E.L.F. for offering many products without parabens, not to mention their prices.
Anyway, I definitely recommend this lip exfoliator! It is so easy and effective!