E.L.F. Studio Lip Exfoliator

4.5

Sugar, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopherol, Aspartame, Fragrance.

on 1/26/2014 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm giving this 3 lippies..I like this but don't love it.

This lip exfoliater is ok IMO I find its too gritty for my liking and can feel abrasive on my lips,my lips don't exactly feel super soft or smooth BUT for $3 its good enough.

My husband who occasionally gets super dry,cracked lips from working outside in the winter complained the Elf exfoliator made his lips feel numb!!!

I prefer my Mary Kay Satin lips exfoliator wich actually leaves my lips feeling smooth,soft and hydrated....I'd only get the Elf one again if I desperate at the time lol

on 1/22/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Living in a dry area makes keeping up with smooth lips very difficult. That being said, this product helps tons.

It's amazing, I don't know what more to say. You apply it, gently make circles on your lips, and then you rinse it off. The first time I tried it, it actually hurt because I think I was applying a little too much pressure and the granules were actually very rough, but as you learn how to exfoliate your lips using this product, it gets better and better.

For something that is $3, this is a decent product.

Warning though, for me it tastes absolutely disgusting. I have a terrible habit of licking my lips and while doing this I just randomly licked them, and it took a long time to get the flavor off of my mouth. :P

EDIT: After much more use and some result, I figured I would add to this review. The fact that it tastes so bad for me makes me never want to use it. Then over time the tip of the product gets smoother and smoother until there are no granules, or there are but one or 2 on the side pocking out instead of a bunch more scattered nicely. I noticed as well that the granules were always pretty big and no matter what pressure I put onto my lips it still end up somehow hurting a bit. It all just accumulated over time and killed it for me. This isn't a "bad" product, just not for me, and I would much rather give the LUSH lip scrub in bubblegum a go. :P

on 1/22/2014 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I like this lipscrub because it's so easy to use. I don't have to dip one of my fingers in a small pot before application. The lipstick shape is quite handy and it does the job very well.
Like most E.L.F. products it is an affordable and good quality product. Will buy again.

I bought this product after reading some great reviews and was really disappointed. I didn't find that the exfoliator did anything to make my lips smoother. The one good thing about this product is that it smells and tastes good.

on 1/13/2014 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

All I have to say is WOW!!!! I've tried all kinds from cheap to expensive and this is the best!!!! I love it!!!! Scrubs nice and lips are conditioned and smooth.

on 1/12/2014 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Oh, how I have needed a product like this for a long, long time! It's got a lovely smell of vanilla, and does an excellent job at scrubbing your lips. The directions say to wipe it off your lips when you're done, but I leave it on, as it feels like lip balm and is very moisturizing!

on 1/11/2014 10:31:00 PM

Great product. My lips felt noticeably better after use. It says to wipe it off when you are done, but I left it on.

on 1/8/2014 3:31:00 PM

I bought this at Target for $3.00 (paid cash), and find it an indispensable part of my winter lip regime. It takes a few swipes to get to the gritty part, but when you get there, you'll know it. It is seriously rough, but it feels good and my lips are polished and conditioned.

I have a small area on my upper lip that has a tendency to crack when the weather gets bitter (like it is now), but having used this exfoliator for several weeks, it is holding together incredibly well, no painful split when I smile. Best of all, this product makes matte lipstick apply so smoothly. I don't have to worry about flakes and patchiness, usually the bane of matte formulas. Recommend and will repurchase.

on 1/7/2014 9:22:00 PM

I was very skeptical of trying this product simply because it is in stick form, but man were my expectations of the product debunked. This is truly my HG of lip products. I have always had dry, cracked lips. They flake and peel all the time. One little swipe with this product and boom, soft and supple again for hours. I apply chapstick or balm after and it is great. I used to use the Mary kay lip exfoliant in the tube and loved it, but this is even better and at the price of $3.00 (purchased at Harmon Discount/Face Values) it is pure heaven.

on 1/5/2014 8:03:00 AM

This would've been great to try out if it didn't break on me

Popular Lip Treatments