Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

3.6

G790475 - AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ALCOHOL DENAT. , BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, SQUALANE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TALC, NYLON-12, MALTITOL, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SORBITOL, PERLITE, VACCINIUM MYRTILLUS FRUIT EXTRACT, <+/- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES>.(F.I.L. B51922/1).

I have very, very fair skin (but normally don't have a problem when I choose the lightest shade from a brand) and the "light" shade is still way too dark for me. It seems more like a medium shade.
I have fairly dry skin that never gets oily, but after reading some reviews I saw the the regular Garnier BB cream that is not for oily skin got very bad reviews and people said that it made their non-oily skin, oily. Also, when I swatched both the "light" shades side by side, the one for oily skin seemed to be a little lighter.
I normally get very dry skin to the point where it peels around my nose and mouth constantly, especially when I wear a foundation, but that doesn't happen with this product. I have also noticed that my skin seems a little more moisturized and less "peely" even when I am not wearing makeup.
I have sensitive skin that breaks out a lot when I try new products, but I did not break out with this product.
I think that this BB cream has the most coverage out of any other that I've tried - I have a lot of redness on my face, especially my cheeks, and this covers it most of the day. I do have to use concealer a little bit when my face is extra red or when I have dark circles.
As other people have said, the packaging is awful and it is really hard to control how much of the product comes out. The cream is extremely liquid and runny - I normally store my tube with the lid facing up so it does not leak into the lid.

I would buy this product again because it is the best coverage "foundation" that I can wear due to my skin peeling, as I mentioned above. I've found that even though the color does not exactly match my skin tone, I can blend it in with some other foundation around my hairline and neck. I am also going to try mixing it with a lighter foundation, but I'm not sure if that would make my skin peel too! I'm also hoping that when I get a bit darker during the summer, it will match better.
Overall, if you have dry skin, definitely try this product, it has helped my skin so much. Just be careful with the color if you have very fair skin.

on 3/29/2014 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product in the winter it stays on pretty much all day! But I hate the packaging you can't control the product.
But it gives really good coverage for a bb cream I would say medium coverage.

on 3/27/2014 9:03:00 AM

I love love love this product. I used to use the Covergirl 3-1 foundation, but it oxidized on me :( So I switched to this, it dries like a dream, it's like semi-matte. It doesn't have full coverage, but enough for my acne prone skin that I don't even need concealer, just some powder with color and I'm good to go for school, though I gets a bit oily after my fourth period class (about 5 hours later)

on 3/26/2014 6:00:00 AM

i have dry skin and use this bb over my moisturizer, i like the covorege, do need to powder over or else my skin becomes oily in 2 hours, if i were in alone you can see dry flakes on my skin, so i use this as a light foundation, as a foundation it works fine, the coverege and color is much better than Loreal Nude bb, over all for the price its nice and the best of drugstore i have tried.

on 3/19/2014 9:49:00 PM

I love this stuff! It's replaced foundation for my everyday wear! I am NW20 and the light colour matches me perfectly. It makes my skin look flawless. Granted, you will need to touch up during the day with powder or blotting paper, or just run your makeup brush over again, but I have found this with every foundation I've ever used. When I do get the occasional spot, I do need to cover with concealer, but this is a given. It's super cheap to boot, so give it a go!
Packaging could be a little better. I find a lot of product gets wasted in the lid as the liquid is so thin it runs out. But I just stick my foundation brush in there to minimize wastage.

on 3/16/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this is my favorite bb cream and i've tried about ten different ones ranging from high end to drug store. i really like the thin consistency- it blends in nicely and looks really natural. using my fingers gives the most natural finish and i always top it with a light dusting of bare minerals matte powder for more coverage and oil control. this keeps me from getting oily and i always get compliments when i'm wearing it.

on 3/11/2014 3:26:00 PM

This smells like alcohol and I was reluctant to try it on because I assumed it contained a lot of alcohol if it smelled like it. I put it on anyway. My skin is slightly oily but my chin gets dry sometimes. This clung to any dry patch I had even if I couldn't see it before. The color selection is not good. I am a medium skin tone and chose light medium. it is a little bit too light and is noticeable around my nostrils where it builds up and doesn't want to spread out. I'm pretty sure medium deep would have been too dark since light medium was only a wee bit too light and I am not a deep skin tone. I would only reccomend this for those with very oily skin and not combination. This made me look a bit flat since it was really matte but some people like that.

I don't really care for this product. I find it very runny and messy.. I likely won't buy it again..

on 3/10/2014 4:19:00 AM

This product goes on so nicely but after a few hours my skin starts to look horrible... like HORRIBLE and so oily... Also if you dont apply the cap properly it leaks everywhere (i cant even lie it down quickly whilst i do something else) Its not too expensive so i guess you get what you pay for, but i wont be buying again

I love this product! I use it pretty much everyday and it works great.
I apply it with a buffing brush, and it goes on smoothly and blends easily.
I find that the coverage is great for something that is marketed as a bb cream, I would say it has light-medium coverage. It covers my redness perfectly, although I do still need a little concealer to cover my acne scars and dark circles. But overall I'm very impressed with the coverage that it gives.

The finish is natural, not too matte and not too dewy, which is perfect for my combination skin. I do find that my t-zone gets shiny quite quickly when wearing this product (within a few hours) but I don't mind blotting my skin every so often so that's not a huge deal.

I do have to say that I hate the packaging. It comes in a squeezy tube, but the product is so liquidy that it leaks out and it can get real messy. I have to continuously wipe away all the leaked out product from the top of the tube, so its also wasting product. It would be amazing if it came in a pump!

It's disappointing that this product only comes in two colours (light and medium) but this doesn't bother me too much as the 'light' shade matches my skin quite nicely.

All in all I think this a great product and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good, affordable bb cream.