July 26, 2014 | 1049 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4
Price:3 (~$17 CAD)
Packaging: 2
Buy again: yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am in my mid-late 20s. Combo/oily/acne-prone skin, NC25-30, Chinese/olive skintone.

I have purchased BB creams from Asia - I really liked the ones from Skin79, however I found that they are a tad bit too light and too grey for my skintone at the moment. I have also found that they are a bit too greasy for my skin most of the time as well. I haven't found a good North American BB cream to date, but the reviews for the Garnier Oil-free BB cream caught my attention, as well as the oil-controlling, oil-free formula, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I purchased mine at Shoppers Drugmart on sale ($15) and got the light-medium shade.

This product claims to control shine, minimize look of pores, even, hydrate, and brighten skintone with perlite and mineral pigments.

Texture/Packaging:
It's VERY liquidy - so much so that I actually store it upside down, so that the nozzle points up. If I left it standing up with the nozzle down, I'd have a HUGE mess when I opened the lid. -0.5 lippie off for not making a smaller pointed nozzle like the La Roche-Posay Duo packaging. The liquidy texture does make it very easy to blend into my skin, however, and it has practically no weight to it at all.

Coverage/colour match:
I would say this gives light coverage, medium if you pat it on in layers. For me, light coverage is perfect for everyday as it evens out a little redness and uneven skintone here and there without looking like a mask. The colour is pretty good too - it is brightening without looking too pale and I can even use it under/around my eyes in a pinch as a brightening eye concealer. I am more on the NC25 these days, and I find that if I use too much I can appear a bit pale, but after like 30 mins it settles and looks more like my own skintone. If you're between shades and find the other one too dark, you can definitely use this one and layer a little bronzer on top. There's no grey tones in this one - hooray!

Oil-Control/hydration:
I don't know why Garnier promises "hydration" with this product; there's nothing to hydrate with. It's got mostly silicones and alcohol in it, so I definitely wouldn't say this hydrates (and on that note, use a moisturizer prior to using this, otherwise it WILL highlight any dry spots you have). -0.5 lippie for false advertising. Oil-control - I found on the first day it did pretty good for oil-control. I wear this most days now, and I don't think the Oil-control is that spectacular, but the weather has been funny so I'm going to leave it as neutral for now. When I'm at work (I work in a hospital and am always on the run) I don't find myself too shiny, so I think it does alright.

Overall:
I'm pleased with this Garnier BB cream compared with other North American versions, and despite the high price, I would purchase again because it does even out my skintone and looks natural without feeling heavy, greasy, or making me break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by kbohaty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to try a BB Cream but wanted to start out with a drugstore brand since I wasn't sure I would like it in general (I'm a pretty traditional lotion-sunscreen-primer-foundation kind of person). But I really do like this BB from Garnier. It gives excellent coverage and my skin looks nice and even after the most thin application, but without a heavy feeling. I do still use a lotion underneath since I have dry patches. The only complaint I have about it is the packaging. It comes in a tube for you to squeeze the product out, but I have to store it upright (basically lean it on something else to prop it up) otherwise the cream leaks out into the cap and I'm left with a soupy mess in the cap. Other than that, love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I'm not too fond of BB creams in general. I think the coverage is too sheer for my hyper pigmentation and acne scars. If I'm going to wear makeup, I might as well go all out right? I watch a few beauty gurus on YT rave about this. I knew the original BB cream from Garnier got a lot of negative feedback so I was hesitant for this one. It wasn't until a blog post comparing the two, stating how this one was much better that I decided to give in. No regrets here! I wouldn't say this is FULL coverage but rather, a decent enough coverage to even out my skin. It feels ultra light on, not cakey, and surprisingly lasts the whole day. Concealer is needed on days my skin is acting up but for the most part I can skip concealer and go straight to powder. I find the best powder to use with this is the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, MAC MSF, or Benefit Hello Flawless powder. My skin is normal so I can't really comment on oil control but it definitely doesn't emphasize dry patches for me. It was my go to during summer and I'm sure it wont fail me during winter. This was mentioned previously but the downside is that the color range sucks. I have it in light/medium and it's a hair too light for my NC25 skin but nothing powder and bronzer can't fix and it'll also will be a perfect match during winter. I can see this as most ladies' HG during wintertime. The packaging also sucks, the products gets messy and I feel like it always goes to waste when it gets all over the cap. TIP - the best way to apply this is with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. Since this product is so liquidy, it's best to buff it into the skin otherwise it'll look streaky. I find the expert face brush/sigma flat top kabuki absorbs too much of the product. It doesn't buff it in but makes it appear as though its just sitting on top of my skin. The beauty blender sheers it out too much.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by LoreleiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Can't really explain but it just make my face look really..mm.. Weird. The cream doesn't match just "any" skin tone as most BB creams claim. The texture is too runny, makes it hard to apply. But then dry to quickly , make it hard to blend

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by pensativa

Fabulous, fabulous new option in the BB cream market! I own several other BB creams and was not prepared to be terribly impressed with this one. Well, I was pleasantly surprised!

It certainly provides more coverage than a tinted moisturizer (I'm looking at you, Laura Mercier!) and is superior to other drugstore BB creams such as Maybelline's. I think it might be even better than Bobbi Brown's BB cream, which used to be my HG, but costs 3x as much and feels a little heavier on your skin.

As other reviewers have said, Garnier's BB cream is runnier than your average Bb cream of foundation. But the coverage is still great for such a seemingly-sheer product! Plus, it goes on so lightly that it feels as if your skin can really breathe. It seems to be pretty long-lasting, even after a grueling 4-hour hike, my face looked good in photos!

Haven't noticed any breakouts so far. Really good at controlling oil/shine on my combination skin. I always moisturizer with Moroccan argan oil underneath, that helps with any potential dry skin patches that might be accentuated with this cream.

Price point is good, a little high for drugstore but excellent when compared to department stores. As other reviewers have noted, the packaging is less than ideal. The tube concept is nice, but b/c the product is so runny, it tends to run out into the cap and all over the tube opening. Oh well, small price to pay for great coverage, good price, and shine-controlling properties! One of the few recent products that has lived up to the hype!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Halfsquatchh

I am so impressed with this BB cream. It has better coverage than a lot of foundations I've tried, and if I have left over spots I just apply more and it doesn't look cakey or like I have a lot on. So far it hasn't broke me out- my skin looks better than before, but it's still too early to tell. This lasts all day long- survived a trip to an amusement/ waterpark and still looked good! I just apply this, and I add a considerable amount of powder but I just have an oily skin complex. Lol! It makes my combination/sensitive/ acne prone skin look flawless and I'm so happy I tried it out! I won't use foundation or powder alone again!

*update*

It's been a few weeks and I'm still loving this product. A little trick is to apply it with a flat top kabuki- I bought a cheap $5 one from amazon and it gives even better coverage and finish when I use it with that. I'm wearing half the makeup I used to and I still love this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by sarahxo14

I had been using this product for about a month and just recently stopped because of how embarrassed I am to go out with this stuff on my face. I have combination acne-prone skin. Usually my T-Zone would be oily and the rest of my face would be normal-dry but because of the acne topical gel I've been using, my T-Zone has been getting quite dry. I didn't expect this to work well on those dry patches (which it didn't) so I applied a generous amount of moisturizer prior to applying this BB cream. After a little while I realized that no matter how much moisturizer I applied, this BB cream would cling to those dry patches and just look horrible. I would definitely recommend this to people with very oily skin who want their skin to dry out but it just really didn't work on my combination skin. ** I gave this 2 lippies because I liked the way it made the rest of my face look - matte but with a natural glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by 30betterthan20

I almost used up this product and I will definetely repurchase.
At the beginning I was not so impressed, but then I found myself reaching for it almost every day.
Advantages:
- impressive coverage (no other drugstore comparison) and you can also build it up with a second layer in problem areas without looking cakey
- very easy to apply just with your fingers - it is my only option when I am in a hurry
- does not beak me out
- mattifies the skin - I have combination skin and I also apply powder on top and it hold on very well even in hot summer days
Disadvantages:
- packaging - I would have preferred to have a pump, as the contents is quite liquid and the cap gets filled up with product until you close it, so you end up with a bit of waste
- transfers onto clothes - being approprite for oily skin does not mean that once it sets it cannot transfer on clothes, so you need to be careful with clothing items or accessories like scarfs
All in all, I think this product has a great value for money and I highly recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Tay8000

I have mixed feeling about this bb cream. I like the concept and I like the way it feels when I first apply it. It's a little to dark for me in the light shade so I think they need more shades. After a few hours though my face always gets oil in my t-zone. I have the one meant for oil skin but I just end up getting way more oily then usual and my face feels like a mess. I have been trying this product out during the summer so that probably has a impact on it. Ill try it out again once it starts to get cooler and see if that helps.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by BrittanySunshine

This BB cream is great, has a nice silky texture that dries almost powdery, matches my skin tone perfectly, and lasts all day. The cream itself is very liquidy and can be messy to apply, it runs out of the tube pretty fast. I have sensitive, combination skin with hormonal cystic acne around my jawline and sometimes forehead, but I find I need to use a light moisturizer under this BB otherwise my skin gets a bit dry and the dry flaky bits are verrrrry obvious.
I always set this with Physician's Formula pressed mineral powder, and then use a bit of blush or bronzer on top otherwise I find it evens out my skin tone almost too much, and looks cakey.
My biggest complaint would be the smell, my tube is a month or two old now and I'm only starting to notice the horrible scent. It's chemically and kinds of smells like hydrogen peroxide and bandaids. Ugh.
Other than that I'd buy it again, I like to use it when I'm having breakouts, but if I'm having a normal skin day I'll mix it up with my regular Garnier BB cream.