I've had this brush for quite a while and I can't believe I never reviewed it. I loooooveee this foundation brush. Works wonders especially with MUFE HD. It gives you the most flawless coverage without being streaky or cakey. The RT buffing brush is great as well but I prefer this one over the other. Highly recommended.
i love love LOVE this brush! not only is it affordable but it is also quality! i bought this online for about $15 Australian dollars and i am very pleased with how soft and dense this brush is! is also makes my foundation look smooth and flawless with out looking cakey :) would recommend!
Very soft, dense brush...covers smoothly... Softer than the Sephora mineral powder brush #45 after washing..n cheaper in price..good deal I'd say :-)
I love it! After daily use for about 2 months not a single brush hair has shed- usually a big problem with other brushes I've tried. The hairs are soft and densely packed. I use it to apply mehron celebre pro hd foundation and it's utterly flawless in less than a minute - buffed in beautifully. Highly recommend :)
I don't know why I didn't post a review of the Expert Face brush sooner but I'm catching up after months of use and love!
I'm a huge fan of luxury/high-end brushes (with a special, genuine love for Japanese handmade ones - Hakuhodo, Suqqu, Wayne Goss... you name them.) but I must say that I'm impressed by Samantha Chapman Real techniques brushes! Okay, they're mass-produced in China but they perform really well - the face brushes in particular are very, very good - especially for the prices they retail at. I was lucky enough to have a friend buying the different brushes and sets for me on a trip to the US so I didn't pay the price they are sold in Europe (this price tag difference is a bit unfair for us Europeans but we are used to it... well...not). Anyway...!
- The Expert Face Brush synthetic bristles are soooo soft on the skin that they make the foundation application a great moment.
- The size of the brush is perfect - not too big, not too small - you can go on all the crevasses of the face with ease.
- There are no streaks of products left on the skin, everything blends nicely.
- The bristles are densely packed but they're much easier to clean than those of the Sigma F80 (which I do not recommend to buy anymore since it is pricier and is most likely to fall apart in less than 2 years - I know, it happened to me twice. Yes, you have read correctly, twice.) and the Expert Face Brush is then ready to use the next morning.
- So far, no shedding or ferrule loosening. Hopefully, it will remain like this for many years to come. If not, then I wouldn't have put too much money on these which is fine.
- Fantastic value for the money
- The design. Not a fan of the wide, rubbery-base brush which stands on its own but that's because I put all my brushes in jars. It feels nice on the hand, but I'm concerned about the longevity of the rubbery part and the look of the brush in the long-run.
- The higher price tag for us Europeans who want to use the Real Techniques brushes. I mean, they remain totally affordable, I don't complain about it, but there is a real gap between US and UK price per say. Sounds stupid, but I thought it would be cheaper - or at least priced equal - in Europe since Sam if from the UK. lol. Well... I know, stupid.
I totally recommend the Real Techniques face brushes to anyone who wants to buy good quality tools at an affordable price. The Expert Face brush has become my favorite to apply foundation quickly and effectively everyday for months now. :-)
AMAZING. All the brushes I've tried from Real Techniques are fantastic, but this one is by far my favourite.
- It's super versatile - I generally use it for foundation, which I think its perfect for, but when I can't be bothered dirtying my other brushes I use it for contouring, blush, and powder. Its shape means it fits the sides of my nose, hollows of cheeks etc really easily!
-Like all of my real techniques brushes, it doesn't absorb a huge amount of product like my Sigma brushes, so it's easy to clean, and, half my foundation doesn't end up in the brush so I'm saving money.
-Also, because it doesn't pick up too much product, I can build up blush and bronzer without overdoing it. Bit annoying when you're in a hurry but I'm okay with it.
-I can't complain about the price..compared to MAC brushes they're great value given that the quality is so high!
-I love that you can stand them up on their bases...sure the design isn't as classy as some of the other brushes out there, and they're a little bulky, but they seem sturdy and practical.
-I haven't had the chance to deep clean them yet to check drying time etc, but given that they seem a lot less dense than my Sigma brushes and have different bristles, I expect they will dry quicker
Definitely HG. While I still love my Sigma brushes, I'll definitely be reaching for these more often!
I LOVE THESE BRUSHES. If you get any or are on a budget I recommend this one and the stippling brush. I also LOOOVE the two Chapman sisters on youtube! they know what they're doing and are funny, sweet, nice, and socialable. I have tried 3 different foundations with this brush & they have all come out beautifully, leading me to the conclusion that it is because of the brush! I have tried ecotools, japonesque, and mac (not foundation brushes though), and Real techniques are my favorite. as for the price, it's closer to high end than not but you have to start somewhere and the cost of creating them had to be out the butt and time consuming. It's WORTH the cost and I'm a broke college student.
Love this brush (though as per usual totally overpriced in Aus- thanks for trying Priceline!) its super dense and is a close contender for fingers. I got mine from iherb.com (super cheap like around A$8 I think and came very quickly) and have purchased more brushes from the range since.
So excited when I got this from Amazon, and still excited to use it everytime I put on my foundation. Synthetic bristles are soft like buttah and it applies like a dream: no shedding, no streaks, no pores, just airbrushed loveliness. In addition, not a pain to wash and it dries quickly which is one of the things I look for in a makeup brush. Nice design, although I though it was bigger from the pictures but no matter, I still love it. Will say the packaging was a real B to open though. Anyway, love this brush. Got it from Amazon for around $9 so not a hit to the wallet at all....may just buy more Real Techniques brushes in the future if they're are as good as this one.
I love this brush. I use it to apply my liquid foundation and it gives a perfect finish. It doesn't leave any streaks or lines and gives smooth, even coverage. The bristles are nice and soft and I haven't experienced any fallout at all. It's also fairly easy to clean and isn't too expensive! HG foundation brush, I love it!