Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 7/14/2014 1:22:00 PM

For $9 AUD this is the best foundation brush ever! This is what got me into using foundation brushes and is definitely worth a try (especially if you think you don't like brushes or are just starting out with makeup).

PROS

-soft, dense, feels really nice on the skin
-cheap
-applies and blends foundation flawlessly (just dip it into a dollop of foundation on the back of your hand and paint on your foundation and then go over it in small light "buffing" circles)
-dries very quickly after washing, retains shape and won't shed

CONS

-loses a bit of softness with repeated washing but this can be remedied by moisturizing the bristles with coconut oil or olive oil.2
-nothing else really but if you want an even better, more luxurious application try the Sigma F82 Round Kabuki.

All the Real Techniques brushes are brilliant, but this one is my absolute favourite. I use it to apply foundation and I find it so much easier and more effective than an ordinary, flat foundation brush. It's really soft and is perfect for getting a lovely natural finish by buffing the foundation into the skin. Plus, for areas where I need extra coverage, I can use the side of the bristles to tap foundation or concealer on to particular trouble spots to get a really nice, blended result.

This is such a great brush for the price - it's easily as good as brushes that cost twice as much.

on 7/13/2014 6:15:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I use this brush to apply my liquid foundation. Beforehand, I used a terrible brush by Elle that'd always leave streaks on my face.

This works well for me, it buffs out easily and doesn't leave too many streaky marks. It also gets it done really fast!

I'm really not into brushes though, but this works perfectly. :)

on 7/12/2014 5:10:00 AM

this was one of the first real techniques brushes i purchased, to begin with i found the product good, it was alot more pleasing than you're avarege foundation brush, as its alot thicker and more dome shaped, however i soon began to find i did not enjoy this product- it was almost impossible to blend, it got dirty very easily, i felt like it did nothing for me, i found it too be very rough on my face, since this i have purchased the core collection by real techniques and i have found this to be alot better, holding the buffing brush which really is my holy-grail face brush! i recommened you do not waste you're money on this brush as it completley let me down

on 7/9/2014 11:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love, love, LOVE this brush. I currently have two and will be purchasing a third one soon. It is wonderful for applying liquid foundation. I first stipple the foundation into my skin and then buff it out. The brush works wonderfully for both techniques. A must have!

on 7/8/2014 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Amazing! So dense and soft. This allows for full coverage with my mineral foundation. I mainly use this to conceal acne scars around my jawline. I've had this for about 6 months, and it's still in excellent shape! So glad I picked it up!

on 7/7/2014 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this brush for a while now .. and I'm a little bit disappointed.
I have a very dry skin, it's at its worst now due all stress I had from schoolwork and stuff, so when I apply my foundation with this brush it's a freaking nightmare! Then again, if you're looking for a brush that will give you full coverage then this is the perfect brush for you! I'm just looking for something a little less 'heavy'.

What I also didn't like is that the brush is so small!

Nope this brush isn't it for me, but it all depends what you're looking for.
This brush allows you full coverage of your foundations and will let you reach the smaller areas of your face easily.

on 7/7/2014 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This brush is a blending dream. I mainly use it with gel foundation and it buffs to a flawless finish, actually improving the coverage of the foundation. Despite daily use it has not frayed or lost hair like some of my other brushes from this brand. I'm off to buy another so I can use it for blending powders, contours and blushes (I'm a purist like that). I clean this brush every day with a few squirts of generic brush cleaner to keep it sanitised, which is really important especially with brushes used for liquids/creams/gels. It hasn't lost shape yet and is going strong.

on 7/6/2014 2:39:00 AM

Love it!

on 7/6/2014 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

An amazing makeup brush for liquid or cream foundations/bb ! The brush is the perfect size for my small face and it is so soft and dense, it blends out foundation/bb cream effortlessly. I can use this brush also for powder products, like bronzer and blush.

However, as expected, the price in Australia for the one brush is pretty expensive at $19.99 compared to the US/UK at $8.99, but I got a decent discount at Priceline yesterday, so I only had to spend $15.99 (which is still pretty ridiculous).

This is a multi-purpose brush and for someone who just started using brushes for foundation, I really recommend this one, no matter the price !

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products