October 23, 2014 | 901 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by SpottedGiraffe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just to start off so you know this is a (long) rave.

History with it - I recieved a sample of it at Sephora last October in the color St. Moritz. Not but two weeks later during F&F did I return to purchase a full bottle of St. Moritz, and I picked up another sample with points so that I could use it for travel.
I used this daily throughout the end of December, when it started to look a little too dark for my skintone as I lost my summer glow. I retired the bottle for the winter months.
But I definitely missed this TM. I stare at it longingly in my drawer, waiting for the day when I could pull it out again. I didn't want to fork over the money for another bottle when I have half a bottle just in the wrong color. Finally, in June this year, I just went and purchased the shade "Groenland" which matches me much better now and I'm back to wearing it everyday.

My skin - mostly normal/dry, but I get breakouts and clogged pores along my cheeks, and redness around the nose. So I have a bit to cover up, but mostly I want my foundation/TM to just even everything out. I also have a long working day (12 hours, usually), so I want something that won't be gone by the afternoon.

Longevity - it DOES stay on my skin all day long. I do wear a primer and set with a powder, but that is just what I am comfortable with. And no signs of cakiness throughout the day.

Feel - it is SO light, so smooth to blend in. I hardly use a brush when I apply. And as far as feeling it throughout the day, its not heavy or sticky at all.

Smell - it smells like Fruity Pebbles. And that puts me in a good mood. No irritiation.

Finish - it's definitely more coverage than your normal tinted moisturizers. I don't normally feel like I have to wear concealer over this, it covers my redness and any blemishes or acne scars. It covers but it doesnt look heavy. It's also pretty glowy/dewy. I'm dry skinned so I don't mind glow, and this is the perfect amount for me.

SPF - I like that there is SPF 30, even though I use it with my primer with SPF. Also, I don't notice a white cast in pictures because of the SPF.

Packaging - squeeze tube in a bottle. Convenient, easy to get how much you want, not messy. Not the most fancy, but I feel like it's easier to get more product out this way. TM is slightly "runny" in consistency, so I don't feel like too much will get left behind in the bottle.

Cost - $42 for 1.9 oz is pretty steep. But overall, I told myself it was completely worth it. First, it takes a while to use up the bottle. I used mine for 3 months solid last fall and I'm nowhere near done. I don't use a ton at a time, because of the good coverage. Second - I can use this everyday. work, play, shopping, travel, dressier events - this coverage is just what I need. So I don't need to swap between other foundations and buy anything, even from the drugstore. This is my go-to product, so I don't mind the additional cost. The only time I might not wear this is for a very nice event (wedding, nice dinners out, fancier parties), just because I usually pull out something like MUFE HD for that.

And the final piece of review I have is VERY YMMV and I only list it to share my experience with this product:
I think this foundation makes my skin better. I think it evens my skintone and I have less blemishes with it.
I had a lot of breakouts last summer and fall, I was trying a lot of products (peels, night creams, toners) to stop the constant cystic acne from appearing. I think those helped a lot, and then I think adding this TM didn't further aggrevate the problem and I went pretty much pimple free for months. Maybe just a small one around my time of the month. Unheard of for me. I also feel like I have less redness around my nose and cheek area. Am I imagining this, a placebo effect for using an expensive product?

When I stopped using the TM in December, I bought a couple of drugstore foundations (Revlon Whipped, CG 3-1, Loreal Lumi) over that time. (Sidenote - those 3 probably add up to nearly $42 and I was ultimately unhappy for one reason or another with each - so there's another point for cost justification). I also think they kind of jacked up my skin. I was getting crazy, red cystic pimples popping up on my cheeks, around my nose, all over. Maybe stress, maybe summer setting in, so I became more diligent with my skincare rourtine. Still, I was attacked by the pimples for about 2 months. So the ultimate reason I went back to buy the Nars was in hopes that it would settle my skin down again. And it's been about 2 weeks and we're back to calm, non-pimpley skin that looks nice even when I take my makeup off.

Overall - I'm certainly not a makeup snob, but I think I'm done trying the next new thing at the drugstore and hoping it works. I've found something that works great, and I will stick with it. I like how it wears, the color, the finish, and what it does for my skin.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by RadCandy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

On its own I dislike this product, it sits in my pores and makes my skin far too sticky BUT combine one pump of this with one pump of Nars Sheer Glow Foundation and my whole world has changed! The most amazing, full coverage, long lasting, perfect porcelain colour I have found.

A tinted moisturizer I prefer to this one is Origins Vitazing SPF15, it doesn't set so sticky and smells amazing, and is half the price

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by didemcetin

I think it's a foundation with high spf rather than tinted moisturizer. I have combination skin an i'm prone to acne but i love this tm. It did't break me out and it's not too shiny. I usually prefer matte foundations like clinique anti blemish but for summer i wanted something lighter. Btw i use sunscreen-danylong spf30 which is not oil free i believe- underneath and my t -zone gets shiny a little after 4 hrs and with a little powder it's not a huge problem. I believe i found my almost perfect foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by stinkypuppy

I've tried a few TMs (Laura Mericier, Bobbi Brown, tarte, clinique...), and this is my favorite by far. It's definitely on the sheer foundation side of the TM spectrum, but it still lets my freckles show through (which I like). I use the lightest shade, and while it looks a too yellow for my fair skin before blending, somehow in the end it's a good match and evens out the red areas around my nose. Good pore concealing properties. It lasts pretty well for a TM, maybe 6-8 hrs.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the Nars tinted moisturizer, because my usual Nars sheer glow foundation felt too heavy on my face during the hot, humid summer months. In sheer glow, I wear Deauville, and I have Alaska in the tinted moisturizer. I really appreciate the lightweight feel of the tinted moisturizer. It definitely doesn't cover like my sheer glow, but it shouldn't considering it's a tinted moisturizer. I like that it just evens out my skin tone without leaving me looking made up. I feel like it's enough for work in the summer, so I feel put together, but without the heavy feeling of makeup on my face. I also really enjoy the fragrance of it, and the soft feeling it leaves on my face. It is very liquidy and requires a couple of minutes to set before I can apply powder over it, but this doesn't cause any problems for me. I would definitely recommend this if you are looking for a lighter alternative to a Nars foundation! I also love the squeeze tube packaging and wouldn't mind if Nars switched to that for their regular foundations!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by windycina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin, and I've tried this product for summer, considering that I have a pale complexion and I do need to wear SPF, but I don't like wear it separately. This products is really good. I need to let it set really fine after applying, but this stand for hours, and give my skin luminosity and radiance look. I've already purchased my second bottle (in Alaska). Works fine also in normal to dry skin (tried in on a friend).

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by shellzfoshizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

COLOR: Seychelles (medium dark with golden undertones)
PRICE: $42.00
MY THOUGHTS: I went to Nordstrom to get matched for this and loved it when she put it on me in the store. So I bought it. Now. I know it's a tinted MOISTURIZER but to me this is more of a moisturizer. I love the color and the smell (has an orange-y/light citrus smell to it) but my face shines too much with this. I do have oily skin but my face shines even more and a lot sooner with this tinted moisturizer than with anything else. I even tried it with a primer, using a light hand, and setting it with a powder and I still shine. Is this oil-free? I am a little disappointed, only because this is $42.00! Who has $42.00 to waste? I keep going back to it, because I want to like it but it's just too moisturizing for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by DebraWrd

I used a $5 off a $40 purchase with free shipping at drugstore.com (actually beauty.com - same cart) so I saved a little!

Finland works great on my 40 year old skin. I have pink cheeks and some redness on my chin and slight dark circles under my eyes and this covers it perfectly.

It smells like orange blossoms when you apply it but the scent fades quickly so you aren't smelling it all day!

It lasts too because when I remove my makeup at night I can see it on my washcloth whereas with some others it must not last all day.

I read another review where someone said it was foundation and it does cover like a foundation but is easy and forgiving to apply like a tinted moisturizer. I really like it! You only need a little bit. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by krcb4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nice finish and colour (nc45ish, I use Seychelles) but it makes me oily too quickly. Works slightly better with mac blot powder or nars tahoe foundation powder over it but i still have to blot within 2-3 hours of application. Its humid, tropical weather here, this does better indoors in ac all day. My teint idole ultra 24 hr foundation actually does a better all-round job in summer than this tm as it feels light weight and hardly transfers.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Hautemommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Like a lot of other reviewers stated, this tinted moisturizer is really a foundation. In the past, I have used MAC products, tried Chanel, Estee Lauder and even one of my faves Tom Ford but I will not cheat on my NARS. Nothing gives me coverage and leaves my skin looking quite like this product.

I am Jamaican and Chinese - my skin is olive/tan but I have a yellow undertone so it has always been hard to match my color. Most just consider me "light-skinned" and when I would get to the counter, the make up artists used products that made me look too red and dark or too pale. Stumbled upon this in "Cuba" and it has really matched me (all summer and winter too). I have some dark marks on my skin and this covers them easily without the need for concealer. It also does not take a lot of product to get full coverage so you really do get your money's worth. I apply with a foundation brush and do a stipple action to work it in and blend into my neck area. I do normally apply a primer before hand but even without, this product really does wonders.