October 25, 2014 | 1401 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddiction93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this primer, I have quite large pores around my nose and find that this product makes them virtually undetectable! It keeps my foundation on and insures an easy, even application. Although I do find it doesn't do much for my oily skin, still have to repowder just as often and look oily just as quick.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by PorcelainDream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Man, I must have tried 20+ primers this year while on search for the perfect one. I have huge pores, am acne prone, & my skin is not only damaged - but super, super oily. It is HARD to find anything that'll make it look perfect up close.

I was recommended this primer by many lovely MUAers, but avoided it due to the fact I associated higher end brands with having higher quality in this department. Wrong! In the mean time I tried Hourglass, Too Faced, Benefit, & many others. NOTHING impressed me. My gigantic pores still took over my face. Then out of sheer desperation....I picked up a Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer from Walgreens for $12. I have been in love ever since.

This primer will blur out any large pores & fine lines. If you have dry skin, there are better primers for you out there as this will emphasize any flaking skin. As stated...I'm oily. Photoready Perfecting Primer keeps me matte. Another great pro is that my skin doesn't break out wearing this, as I did with NYX/Benefit/Too Faced...a majority of them.

I will give any of you wanting to try this primer some advice...... either wear moisturizer underneath - or apply foundation BEFORE it dries. The reasoning behind this is it is so matte that it balls up if you wait too long to apply foundation. I apply it with fingers.

Some people believe that "all primers are the same because they're all basically silicone". That is far from the truth in my case! So give this a try.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaJenkins

I heard so many positive reviews about this primer so when I bought it I was disappointed. Although it was a great base for makeup, it made me break out (I have combination and sensitive skin). However, it works great for some people so I really think it depends on the type of skin you have. I think that there are definitely better primers out there for me, but whatever works with your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by MrsRiggs

I love this primer. It makes my skin soft and allows my makeup to glide on smoothly. I have also tried it under my BB Cream because the Cream's finish was too slick, and it definitely helped. Keeps my face from breaking out as much, too and just overall looks better than just foundation alone!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by speedymouse

I wanted to love this product, but it broke me out out all over my cheeks after four days of using it. It did give a good base for my Almay TLC foundation and kept it significantly more matte throughout the day. I didn't have problems with it balling up as I applied my foundation, as some people have. I just wish it didn't clog my pores so much; as soon as I stopped using it my skin calmed down significantly. If your skin isn't sensitive or acne prone I would recommend trying it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Scarlyanne

This is the first face primer I have ever used, so I don't have much to compare it to.
It does initially leave me skin feeling very silky and smooth. I have large pores and it does a pretty good job of covering them up.
It doesn't last as long as I'd like it to, however. By lunchtime I start getting greasy and gross feeling. The pump does get clogged by dried product every day, which is annoying. I'll probably try to find another primer after I'm done with this bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by CheekyBo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard great reviews about this product working for oily skin. Sadly that isn't the case. It makes my makeup look cakey and the lasting power of my foundation still isn't great w/ this product. I wouldn't repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by mings1911

I was totally disappointed by this primer. I bought it after reading good reviews about it on MUA but it totally did not live up to my expectations.

First, even if you wait for it to dry on your face completely before putting on your foundation ( I use powder for the record), it manages to make your face look cakey. I know its the primer and not the foundation that's doing that because I have tried the same foundation with different primers and it did not look so cakey.

Next, it has a really strong chemical smell when you squeeze it out from the bottle. You dont smell it when its on your face anymore (or maybe you just get used to it, good God!) but when you're applying it, you'll have to hold your breath.

Also, you need alot of primer to cover a small area. I took like 4-5 pumps before I managed to get my face covered enough (only cheeks, temples and chin). Also if you rub it too vigorously into your skin, you'll find it "rolling" into lumps. Not good.

I have rated this overall still a 2 because I know different primers work with different foundations. It could be that the primer just does not work well with the foundations I have. I'll try it out with different foundations and revise my review if it works better. But in the meantime, if you prefer powder foundations like me, avoid this!! try Dr Jart instead, its much better (and healthier) for the same price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really wanted to love this primer because I like the Photoready foundation and because I love its packaging, however it just doesn't DO much for my skin. It doesn't give my skin a smoother base for applying makeup and it doesn't make my pores any smaller. The reason I haven't given it a lower rating is because it makes my skin feel really soft, but as a primer it doesn't do what I need it to.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is just okay.
PROs:
Makes my skin look very smooth, no pores.
Keeps makeup on longer
Helps stay matte
Relatively inexpensive
Formula feels nice
Easy to find in stores
Only need to use a little bit

CONs:
Smells a little funky (though not noticeable once it is on)
Product dries up in tip of dispenser after a few hours; the first pump every time has about 1/4 inch of hardened product that you have to squeeze out and throw away
Might clog pores, though not horribly
Still pricey for a drugstore brand
Doesn't control oil all day, just improves it
Color not great for wearing alone for most skin tones
Can get crumbly if you let it dry then rub it too much

It will take me a long time to use this up, but when I do I will probably try to find another inexpensive primer, maybe with a thinner texture and better mattifying ability.