September 22, 2014 | 1004 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by MrsRiggs

I love this primer. It makes my skin soft and allows my makeup to glide on smoothly. I have also tried it under my BB Cream because the Cream's finish was too slick, and it definitely helped. Keeps my face from breaking out as much, too and just overall looks better than just foundation alone!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by speedymouse

I wanted to love this product, but it broke me out out all over my cheeks after four days of using it. It did give a good base for my Almay TLC foundation and kept it significantly more matte throughout the day. I didn't have problems with it balling up as I applied my foundation, as some people have. I just wish it didn't clog my pores so much; as soon as I stopped using it my skin calmed down significantly. If your skin isn't sensitive or acne prone I would recommend trying it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Scarlyanne

This is the first face primer I have ever used, so I don't have much to compare it to.
It does initially leave me skin feeling very silky and smooth. I have large pores and it does a pretty good job of covering them up.
It doesn't last as long as I'd like it to, however. By lunchtime I start getting greasy and gross feeling. The pump does get clogged by dried product every day, which is annoying. I'll probably try to find another primer after I'm done with this bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by CheekyBo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard great reviews about this product working for oily skin. Sadly that isn't the case. It makes my makeup look cakey and the lasting power of my foundation still isn't great w/ this product. I wouldn't repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by mings1911

I was totally disappointed by this primer. I bought it after reading good reviews about it on MUA but it totally did not live up to my expectations.

First, even if you wait for it to dry on your face completely before putting on your foundation ( I use powder for the record), it manages to make your face look cakey. I know its the primer and not the foundation that's doing that because I have tried the same foundation with different primers and it did not look so cakey.

Next, it has a really strong chemical smell when you squeeze it out from the bottle. You dont smell it when its on your face anymore (or maybe you just get used to it, good God!) but when you're applying it, you'll have to hold your breath.

Also, you need alot of primer to cover a small area. I took like 4-5 pumps before I managed to get my face covered enough (only cheeks, temples and chin). Also if you rub it too vigorously into your skin, you'll find it "rolling" into lumps. Not good.

I have rated this overall still a 2 because I know different primers work with different foundations. It could be that the primer just does not work well with the foundations I have. I'll try it out with different foundations and revise my review if it works better. But in the meantime, if you prefer powder foundations like me, avoid this!! try Dr Jart instead, its much better (and healthier) for the same price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really wanted to love this primer because I like the Photoready foundation and because I love its packaging, however it just doesn't DO much for my skin. It doesn't give my skin a smoother base for applying makeup and it doesn't make my pores any smaller. The reason I haven't given it a lower rating is because it makes my skin feel really soft, but as a primer it doesn't do what I need it to.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is just okay.
PROs:
Makes my skin look very smooth, no pores.
Keeps makeup on longer
Helps stay matte
Relatively inexpensive
Formula feels nice
Easy to find in stores
Only need to use a little bit

CONs:
Smells a little funky (though not noticeable once it is on)
Product dries up in tip of dispenser after a few hours; the first pump every time has about 1/4 inch of hardened product that you have to squeeze out and throw away
Might clog pores, though not horribly
Still pricey for a drugstore brand
Doesn't control oil all day, just improves it
Color not great for wearing alone for most skin tones
Can get crumbly if you let it dry then rub it too much

It will take me a long time to use this up, but when I do I will probably try to find another inexpensive primer, maybe with a thinner texture and better mattifying ability.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Been using this for about 3 days. Really like it for the price! Makes my face very smooth, easy to blend my other products. Makeup lasts quite a lot but I've had others that have lasted longer. It's hard to find a primer that doesn't cause my skin to breakout.. this one hasn't yet! It's pretty decent for the price, not disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by seamoan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty sure ice finally found my HG primer!

I've tried almost every DS primer, and several HE primers! Too faced, MAC, Smashbox, etc.

I will def be repurchasing, have recommended it to my sister, and will be recommending to friends!

Good going Revlon!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I've used several primers now and none have been anywhere near as nice as this one for me. It works really well, goes on smoothly and mattifies the skin nicely. For me my foundation looked the same all day, and stayed put, no streaks or signs of rubbing away, I could see an immediate difference in the way my skin looked and was very pleased with it! I would give it a five if it weren't for the fact it is mid price but only a tiny bottle, I feel there should be more for your money. But other than that, it is a very nice, solid primer, I would definitely recommend and consider buying again.