December 22, 2014 | 1863 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by heinebaby

bought this cause my sephora primer ran out. and i figured that i would try something a little bit cheaper. so far so good. does what it says and then some. i dont know why other people are having issues with it. if u apply it with a light hand and downwards so that it doesnt clog your pore. and of course waiting just a little bit for it to dry and then apply your foundation it would not be a problem. it is a bit expensive for a drugstore brand but still cheaper than sephora. mos def repruchase

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by CeliaMakeupAlley

I recently repurchased this for the second time. I think it's more for helping keep your foundation on all day which it does. It lasts for a good amount of time and makes my foundation apply easier. If you want it to cover more I'd say buy the foundation in the series of "photoready" products so that the foundation is consistent with the base you put under it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by NoirAngelx

I've tried a number of primers this year, including Guerlain Meteorites Pearls primer, Hourglass Mineral Veil, Clarins Instant Smooth, Benefit Porefessional, etc. For reference I have oily skin with large pores around my nose and the center of my face. While all of the aforementioned primers were nice, none of them 'wowed' me like this one. This one is most similar to the Hourglass Mineral Veil, but $40 cheaper, performs better, and has a greater blurring effect over pores. I would not recommend for dry skin unless you use a good moisturizer underneath. I tend to favor this primer when using creamy, long-wearing foundations, such as CoverGirl Stay Fabulous, or MUFE Mat Velvet. It really gives that extra-polished look. For water-based, lightweight foundations, I like to use my Guerlain primer which gives a bit of a glow underneath. But for this price, you can't beat this primer for oily skin and large pores.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by nc2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I generally trust Revlon, but it's mostly just okay. It goes on rather nicely and definitely evens out my skin, but I'm not convinced that it makes applying my foundation (Revlon colorstay with softflex) that much easier. I suppose it helps with longevity but I don't usually wear full makeup for more than a couple of hours so it's hard for me to say. Sometimes I wear it by itself to work (not allowed much makeup so it's a good way to improve my skin with a natural appearance) and it looks nice for most of the day.

Packaging is quite nice but if I don't use it for a couple of days, there's a big dried out bit at the top of the pump which is a waste because you can't use that. Also, this smells a bit funky but the smell goes away quickly.

In general I'd probably buy it again, but only until I find a better alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Plopsiebear1

Having read the reviews I was sceptical but I am very pleased! Thought I would try it after bring disappointed with smashbox primers.

Very smoothing on the skin, and I can't smell anything, seems fine to me. I can also apply my foundation almost immediately after and reduces but does not eliminate my need for a powder after.

Doesn't cake on my face or feel heavy, you could wear it by itself, but I need foundation for coverage. You don't need very much, a few pumps is more than enough!

Bit pricey for what I consider to be a budget brand but I would definitely buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by BernieBrasco

I've read all the comments and rewiews before I bough this product and I'm extremly disappointed and I wish I never bought it in the first place.

When I applied on my face I was absolutely amazed how my redness and my pores are gone.

I waited until 5-10 minutes before I applied my foundation.

Well thats never happened as I CAN'T put my foundation on the top of this primer. I use Lancome Teint Miracle and it' just doen't happen.

But in other hand I can use without foundation-at home:-))

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ran out of my HG NYX primer and decided to get this (cheapest at CVS) primer. Ugh, where do I begin? While it sets my foundation and keeps it on all day, it does nothing to make application easier, which is what I look for in a primer. In fact, application is much harder with this. It does not go on easy and now the pump is not working and there is still half left in this. I would like to use the rest up before trying a new one, but I am not going to get this ever again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddiction93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this primer, I have quite large pores around my nose and find that this product makes them virtually undetectable! It keeps my foundation on and insures an easy, even application. Although I do find it doesn't do much for my oily skin, still have to repowder just as often and look oily just as quick.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by PorcelainDream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Man, I must have tried 20+ primers this year while on search for the perfect one. I have huge pores, am acne prone, & my skin is not only damaged - but super, super oily. It is HARD to find anything that'll make it look perfect up close.

I was recommended this primer by many lovely MUAers, but avoided it due to the fact I associated higher end brands with having higher quality in this department. Wrong! In the mean time I tried Hourglass, Too Faced, Benefit, & many others. NOTHING impressed me. My gigantic pores still took over my face. Then out of sheer desperation....I picked up a Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer from Walgreens for $12. I have been in love ever since.

This primer will blur out any large pores & fine lines. If you have dry skin, there are better primers for you out there as this will emphasize any flaking skin. As stated...I'm oily. Photoready Perfecting Primer keeps me matte. Another great pro is that my skin doesn't break out wearing this, as I did with NYX/Benefit/Too Faced...a majority of them.

I will give any of you wanting to try this primer some advice...... either wear moisturizer underneath - or apply foundation BEFORE it dries. The reasoning behind this is it is so matte that it balls up if you wait too long to apply foundation. I apply it with fingers.

Some people believe that "all primers are the same because they're all basically silicone". That is far from the truth in my case! So give this a try.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaJenkins

I heard so many positive reviews about this primer so when I bought it I was disappointed. Although it was a great base for makeup, it made me break out (I have combination and sensitive skin). However, it works great for some people so I really think it depends on the type of skin you have. I think that there are definitely better primers out there for me, but whatever works with your skin.