December 20, 2014 | 1767 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 8:14:00 AM More reviews by kiki005us

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have never worn a foundation in my life, in fact i am a TM girl big time. But I noticed that my skin (althou clear and smooth) is not as "perfect" as it used to be in my twenties. I get a little redness at times and wanted something with more coverage for that, but I also have really dry skin and was afraid that foundation would stick to the dry patches and make them stand out, and I am definately NOT down for that!! So I saw this in the drugstore and noticed that it was not just foundation by itself but also had an Olay serum/moisturiser mixed in with it. So I bought it and I have been wearing this on the days when i have a little redness and it covers really well. But I also have to wear tm under my eyes still to prevent the dryness that I start to feel 5 minutes into wearing this foundation. So I'm really happy with it so far, and will continue using this as long as it works for me.
BTW, this morning I mixed this with HC TM since I wanted more coverage but not full coverage, and my face feels great!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by MarissaRissaMarie

It's so hard to find a good drugstore foundation for fair and cool toned skin. Everything is always slightly too orange for me, including this foundation. With a brush, this stuff does not apply well to my face. It looks like a slightly too orange mask. However, I'm hoping with a damp sponge, I can acheive less coverage and therefore subdue the orange and mask-like look. Otherwise, this foundation isn't too oily for my skin even on top of a moisturizer and primer, and it sets well with powder. I really want to like this product because it was a little pricey for a drugstore foundation. I'll update with a lower rating if I just cannot get this to work for me.
**Edit: While using a sponge worked better as far as coverage, this foundation is just too orange for my skin, even in the lightest shade. If you're a pale girl with pink undertones, stay away from this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually don't have much luck when it comes to Cover Girl foundations, but I think I've hit gold with this one. It has the right amount of coverage, it is buildable and feels nice and light on my skin [I hate feeling like I have spackle on my skin]. The fragrance is a bit strong at first but fades pretty quickly and doesn't bother me at all.

I don't have a problem with it separating or fading by mid-day the way I have in the past with some foundations either. I use blotting papers and if I feel a bit too oily for them to handle by the afternoon, I dust a tiny bit of powder over my nose and forehead, and it works just fine.

I bought the shade Ivory and even on my pale skin it matches nicely, something that's been kind of hard to get outside the more expensive brands.

The pump puts out just enough product, doesn't run and keeps my makeup bag clean.

My only gripe is the price. I paid $12 for it at a local drugstore, but I'm sure there's other places that will have it on sale. Definite rebuy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm on the fence about this so far. It covers quite well and a little goes a long way, but does leave you a bit "dewy" which sometimes looks nice and sometimes not. I feel like it might be confused with oily lol. It's funny because when I tested this on my hand it looked very matte. Just goes to show that you shouldn't test a product on your hand! Anyhoo, I'm gonna keep using it for a while and see if I can make up my mind.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by alexandramcke

I was so hesitant to buy this foundation. Usually covergirl foundations are horrible .. the price of this foundation was expensive for CG but i love it.
It has medium to full coverage and is able to be built up . I am a person who HATES scented foundations, but this foundation has a very fresh scent, and once applied on my skin , i cant notice it. It seems like its hydrating my skin as well, and i have noticed a difference in my skin since starting to use it.
I WILL PURCHASE this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by pfeen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This had to be the worst foundation I've ever purchased. I am 47 and have a few wrinkles but this product was so cakey and thick that I looked like I had aged 25 years. It gave me wrinkles I don't normally have. I tried putting it on with a brush at first but it streaked. I also tried putting it on with a sponge and then again with my fingers, but the results were consistently bad. The colour was good and matched my skin but that was the only positive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by lillyrowan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Olay products and I usually have good luck with Cover Girl, but not this time. The scent of this product over-whelmed me, and made me light-headed. One of the reviewers before warned that if you are sensitive to scent, this might be a problem. In my case it definitely was a problem. I probably had an extreme reaction to the scent, but if you are sensitive to scent, you might want to give this a pass.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Update: Shut the front door but this made me break out in a rash! Also the buff color oxidized on me and texture of this wore off in weird patches like around the nose after about 4 hours. So disgusted with my sensitive weird skin.

I tried it on my hand in the store and it diffused all of my age spots and wrinkles so I promptly bought. It goes on so light texturally yet gives up to medium coverage and certainly minimizes flaws. Most of the colors were sold out but I settled on the buff one for my NC 25 skin tone and it's pretty good. It is strongly fragranced but the scent dissipates fairly fast so I'm not smelling floral green tea all day. Love the pump and the swirly bottle. I usually hate Cover Girl but this is spot on for my tastes and my normal/dry skin with aging rosacea concerns. Also fits my need for light feeling coverage. And cheap! The only way this would be better is if it had spf too but I wear a respectable sunscreen every day so not too bummed. Holding my breath that this will not adversely affect my skin.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin, but was looking for something a little more moisturizing since I am using Retin-A which causes my skin to be flakey. Oily and flakey skin can be a real challenge to work with!
...
I love that the bottle comes with a pump and is clear so you can see how much you've used up. The texture is mousse-like, and not "liquidy" like most foundations. It blends pretty well, but it can look streaky when applied with a brush. It feels moisturizing without being too heavy or oily.
...
I thought this would have buildable coverage since the consistency is thick, but on my acne-scarred skin, it actually looks like a medium coverage product. I really wish this covered better since it feels so nice on my skin and reduces the appearance of my pores and lends a smoother look to my skin. Obviously, if you're super oily like me, this will look dewy on you and might not be super long-wearing throughout the day.
...
I am about an NC42 in MAC and chose shade 155 Soft Honey (157 Golden Tan looked like it could also work). This does have a noticeable fresh scent to it. While I don't mind it, I don't think it's necessary, either. I also think the name Tone Rehab sounds a bit strange and wish they had picked something else.
...
Overall, this is a smooth and creamy foundation which I enjoy as an everyday use product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Ellenjs

This product makes me wonder...why am I wasting so much money on the high end foundations? Bobbi Brown, Chanel...this competes with the best and is better than many. My only complaint.... I wish the shades tended toward yellow based instead of pink.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No