April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin, but was looking for something a little more moisturizing since I am using Retin-A which causes my skin to be flakey. Oily and flakey skin can be a real challenge to work with!
...
I love that the bottle comes with a pump and is clear so you can see how much you've used up. The texture is mousse-like, and not "liquidy" like most foundations. It blends pretty well, but it can look streaky when applied with a brush. It feels moisturizing without being too heavy or oily.
...
I thought this would have buildable coverage since the consistency is thick, but on my acne-scarred skin, it actually looks like a medium coverage product. I really wish this covered better since it feels so nice on my skin and reduces the appearance of my pores and lends a smoother look to my skin. Obviously, if you're super oily like me, this will look dewy on you and might not be super long-wearing throughout the day.
...
I am about an NC42 in MAC and chose shade 155 Soft Honey (157 Golden Tan looked like it could also work). This does have a noticeable fresh scent to it. While I don't mind it, I don't think it's necessary, either. I also think the name Tone Rehab sounds a bit strange and wish they had picked something else.
...
Overall, this is a smooth and creamy foundation which I enjoy as an everyday use product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Ellenjs

This product makes me wonder...why am I wasting so much money on the high end foundations? Bobbi Brown, Chanel...this competes with the best and is better than many. My only complaint.... I wish the shades tended toward yellow based instead of pink.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by allison41

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Yuck. I bought this and returned it. Normally I love Cover Girl foundations (TruBlend & NatureLuxe are both great) so I was surprised that this stuff smelled SO awful and made my face look unbelievably oily after about an hour. It seemed cakey as well. I couldn't wait to take it off. Plus $15.50 for Cover Girl is ridiculous...If I'm spending that much I want to love the product. Anyway, won't be repurchasing this one, it just didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by bmc8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like this product. I have a question, would wearing a primer with this product make sense? I feel that wearing a primer underneath would hinder any benefits the Olay part of the foundation might have or maybe that's only if the primer is silicone based? i would like to use a primer to even out my skin but haven't because I'm not sure if doing so would defeat the purpose of the product.

Just to note the shade Classic Tan has pink undertones while Golden Tan has yellow.

I have been wearing this product over my moisturizer and underneath Benefit's porefessional and a setting spray. I have dry skin and really have been liking this foundation as it does feel moisturizing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This one definitely has it's pros and cons. I bought it because I love the Simply Ageless Creme so I was intrigued by this new formulation. For reference, my skin is oily and acne/clog prone. I LOVE that this product comes in a plastic pump bottle. It's a thick mousse texture with very concentrated pigment, so a little goes a long way. I would say the coverage is sheer to medium, depending on how you apply it; I always use fingers. I got it in Classic Ivory which, in the Simply Ageless, is a perfect color match for me. In the Tone Rehab it was a little too dark. Unfortunately this was too moisturizing for me, even now in winter. I can see normal to dry skintypes really liking the dewy finish so don't be scared of it due to my review. It left me unpleasantly shiny but I am *very* oily. This also has a very strong floral fragrance which doesn't bother me but proceed with caution if you are sensitive. No breakouts but I only used this for a few days. I do like that this contains all the goodies you would find in Olay's Regenerist line, such as niacinamide, panthenol, Vitamin E and green tea extract. I wish they would have included a sunscreen. (Simply Ageless has SPF 22). I do use a separate sunscreen but a little extra is a nice bonus in my book. Ultimately, I would not repurchase mostly due to the shiny finish (I actually exchanged my bottle for more Colorstay) but it's worth a try for those with normal/dry skin. I have added the ingredient listing as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great foundation, it really is. It covers well, blends effortlessly, and looks great on your skin. The fact that is has a pump is a miracle in and of itself. It takes very little to cover your face AND get the coverage you want. Alas, I am much too oily for this bad boy. If I had normal or dry skin I would have found my HG, but since I am not that lucky I will keep searching... :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by jboughner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

CoverGirl & Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation, Classic Tan and Creamy Beige, 1 fl oz by CoverGirl looks and feels just like Covergirl Clean foundations. Tone Rehab literally melts into the skin and gives a slightly dewey finish. It blends well with other Covergirl foundations.

Personally, I use two shades to match my own NC-37 skintone (matched at a department store, but made no purchases); I mix tone rehab shade 160 Classic Tan with 150 Creamy Beige. This forms a shade that's 2 shades lighter than my own skintone. The color darkens or oxidizes to my original skintone after 30 minutes of application because of my oily skin.

At times, I'd also apply the two different shades by themselves as a one step method for creating highlights and contours (regular or reverse methods) without having to use more products. Tone rehab also does not splay concealers applied underneath the product (as long as the concealer is set with finishing powder). The foundation's feel on the skin requires the use of a setting/finishing/pressed powder to ensure long wear use.

I have never purchased department store foundations. This alone affects my personal judgement on reasonable prices on products. Serious cosmetic enthusiasts will always recommend using department store products by the sheer fact that they truly are made better according to the pricing.

However, CoverGirl & Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation will be as high as I'm willing to pay and nothing can beat shelling out $11-$16 for this foundation compared to paying $20-$60 for 1 oz. of product. Despite the inclusion of an anti-aging serum in tone rehab, it can be used by anybody at any age!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Robinbird29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Have horrid skin to match to any foundation. Gave this a shot. It works fantastic. Try if you have fair skin!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by rock_chica81

I wasn't expecting to like this since CG foundations have never worked out for me. But I was suckered in by the Olay serum part of the foundation and thought I'd give it a try. My skin is more on the dry side. I have redness around the nose and cheek but my skin is clear without any really dry patches. Now that I'm getting older, I'm looking for something moisturizing with good coverage. First, I'm around NC30 and purchased this in Medium Beige. It's a good color match. I'd like it a little more yellow but it's the most perfect color match that I've ever had for a CG foundation. The texture is a bit thick but it blends easily with my Real Techniques stippling brush. Has a slight floral scent. The coverage is really good. Leaves me with a flawless face but with a nice satin finish. What I love is that it doesn't feel heavy at all! I don't feel like I'm wearing foundation. I get really good wear out of this too. Lasts pretty much all day but it does get a little oily looking towards the end. And my skin feels so soft all day but I'm afraid that this might transfer on clothing because of it's dewiness. I've been using this for almost two weeks now and haven't experienced any breakouts either. The only con for me is the price. I think it retails for about $14.99 for 1oz. I had coupons and got it for $9.99. I can also see this foundation not working for oily skin gals. It'll probably feel too greasy and not long lasting. I think it's definitely worth a try if your skin is normal to dry or combo.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by ScarletAuroraMB

My skin has always hated foundations. Liquid ones anyway. It would almost always look feel like an oil slick on my face, if it didn't look oily, it looked cakey, and if it didn't look cakey, it didn't cover anything.

I have combination skin, so it's hard to find what texture or foundation that works, whether it be liquid, powder or cream-to-powder or mousse. it never looked quite right. I hate matte foundations, i like a little bit of a glow, without being full on oily. and i find that full coverage powders do not work at all on my skin, SO cakey!

But this foundation feels so so incredibly light, and feels that way throughout the day,it does what it says it tones my face, looks glowy and even and i just love it already. The smell is strong but it's not a bad smell so i can deal with it. I love the pump dispenser, my only con is that it is quite expensive for the amount that you get.

I apply it with a brush and blend in circular motions. And i barely use a full pump to cover my whole face. I will probably end up buying this again.