September 1, 2014 | 1999 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by alexandramcke

I was so hesitant to buy this foundation. Usually covergirl foundations are horrible .. the price of this foundation was expensive for CG but i love it.
It has medium to full coverage and is able to be built up . I am a person who HATES scented foundations, but this foundation has a very fresh scent, and once applied on my skin , i cant notice it. It seems like its hydrating my skin as well, and i have noticed a difference in my skin since starting to use it.
I WILL PURCHASE this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by pfeen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This had to be the worst foundation I've ever purchased. I am 47 and have a few wrinkles but this product was so cakey and thick that I looked like I had aged 25 years. It gave me wrinkles I don't normally have. I tried putting it on with a brush at first but it streaked. I also tried putting it on with a sponge and then again with my fingers, but the results were consistently bad. The colour was good and matched my skin but that was the only positive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by lillyrowan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Olay products and I usually have good luck with Cover Girl, but not this time. The scent of this product over-whelmed me, and made me light-headed. One of the reviewers before warned that if you are sensitive to scent, this might be a problem. In my case it definitely was a problem. I probably had an extreme reaction to the scent, but if you are sensitive to scent, you might want to give this a pass.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Update: Shut the front door but this made me break out in a rash! Also the buff color oxidized on me and texture of this wore off in weird patches like around the nose after about 4 hours. So disgusted with my sensitive weird skin.

I tried it on my hand in the store and it diffused all of my age spots and wrinkles so I promptly bought. It goes on so light texturally yet gives up to medium coverage and certainly minimizes flaws. Most of the colors were sold out but I settled on the buff one for my NC 25 skin tone and it's pretty good. It is strongly fragranced but the scent dissipates fairly fast so I'm not smelling floral green tea all day. Love the pump and the swirly bottle. I usually hate Cover Girl but this is spot on for my tastes and my normal/dry skin with aging rosacea concerns. Also fits my need for light feeling coverage. And cheap! The only way this would be better is if it had spf too but I wear a respectable sunscreen every day so not too bummed. Holding my breath that this will not adversely affect my skin.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin, but was looking for something a little more moisturizing since I am using Retin-A which causes my skin to be flakey. Oily and flakey skin can be a real challenge to work with!
...
I love that the bottle comes with a pump and is clear so you can see how much you've used up. The texture is mousse-like, and not "liquidy" like most foundations. It blends pretty well, but it can look streaky when applied with a brush. It feels moisturizing without being too heavy or oily.
...
I thought this would have buildable coverage since the consistency is thick, but on my acne-scarred skin, it actually looks like a medium coverage product. I really wish this covered better since it feels so nice on my skin and reduces the appearance of my pores and lends a smoother look to my skin. Obviously, if you're super oily like me, this will look dewy on you and might not be super long-wearing throughout the day.
...
I am about an NC42 in MAC and chose shade 155 Soft Honey (157 Golden Tan looked like it could also work). This does have a noticeable fresh scent to it. While I don't mind it, I don't think it's necessary, either. I also think the name Tone Rehab sounds a bit strange and wish they had picked something else.
...
Overall, this is a smooth and creamy foundation which I enjoy as an everyday use product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Ellenjs

This product makes me wonder...why am I wasting so much money on the high end foundations? Bobbi Brown, Chanel...this competes with the best and is better than many. My only complaint.... I wish the shades tended toward yellow based instead of pink.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by allison41

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Yuck. I bought this and returned it. Normally I love Cover Girl foundations (TruBlend & NatureLuxe are both great) so I was surprised that this stuff smelled SO awful and made my face look unbelievably oily after about an hour. It seemed cakey as well. I couldn't wait to take it off. Plus $15.50 for Cover Girl is ridiculous...If I'm spending that much I want to love the product. Anyway, won't be repurchasing this one, it just didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by bmc8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like this product. I have a question, would wearing a primer with this product make sense? I feel that wearing a primer underneath would hinder any benefits the Olay part of the foundation might have or maybe that's only if the primer is silicone based? i would like to use a primer to even out my skin but haven't because I'm not sure if doing so would defeat the purpose of the product.

Just to note the shade Classic Tan has pink undertones while Golden Tan has yellow.

I have been wearing this product over my moisturizer and underneath Benefit's porefessional and a setting spray. I have dry skin and really have been liking this foundation as it does feel moisturizing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This one definitely has it's pros and cons. I bought it because I love the Simply Ageless Creme so I was intrigued by this new formulation. For reference, my skin is oily and acne/clog prone. I LOVE that this product comes in a plastic pump bottle. It's a thick mousse texture with very concentrated pigment, so a little goes a long way. I would say the coverage is sheer to medium, depending on how you apply it; I always use fingers. I got it in Classic Ivory which, in the Simply Ageless, is a perfect color match for me. In the Tone Rehab it was a little too dark. Unfortunately this was too moisturizing for me, even now in winter. I can see normal to dry skintypes really liking the dewy finish so don't be scared of it due to my review. It left me unpleasantly shiny but I am *very* oily. This also has a very strong floral fragrance which doesn't bother me but proceed with caution if you are sensitive. No breakouts but I only used this for a few days. I do like that this contains all the goodies you would find in Olay's Regenerist line, such as niacinamide, panthenol, Vitamin E and green tea extract. I wish they would have included a sunscreen. (Simply Ageless has SPF 22). I do use a separate sunscreen but a little extra is a nice bonus in my book. Ultimately, I would not repurchase mostly due to the shiny finish (I actually exchanged my bottle for more Colorstay) but it's worth a try for those with normal/dry skin. I have added the ingredient listing as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great foundation, it really is. It covers well, blends effortlessly, and looks great on your skin. The fact that is has a pump is a miracle in and of itself. It takes very little to cover your face AND get the coverage you want. Alas, I am much too oily for this bad boy. If I had normal or dry skin I would have found my HG, but since I am not that lucky I will keep searching... :(