November 22, 2014 | 1734 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually don't have much luck when it comes to Cover Girl foundations, but I think I've hit gold with this one. It has the right amount of coverage, it is buildable and feels nice and light on my skin [I hate feeling like I have spackle on my skin]. The fragrance is a bit strong at first but fades pretty quickly and doesn't bother me at all.

I don't have a problem with it separating or fading by mid-day the way I have in the past with some foundations either. I use blotting papers and if I feel a bit too oily for them to handle by the afternoon, I dust a tiny bit of powder over my nose and forehead, and it works just fine.

I bought the shade Ivory and even on my pale skin it matches nicely, something that's been kind of hard to get outside the more expensive brands.

The pump puts out just enough product, doesn't run and keeps my makeup bag clean.

My only gripe is the price. I paid $12 for it at a local drugstore, but I'm sure there's other places that will have it on sale. Definite rebuy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm on the fence about this so far. It covers quite well and a little goes a long way, but does leave you a bit "dewy" which sometimes looks nice and sometimes not. I feel like it might be confused with oily lol. It's funny because when I tested this on my hand it looked very matte. Just goes to show that you shouldn't test a product on your hand! Anyhoo, I'm gonna keep using it for a while and see if I can make up my mind.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by alexandramcke

I was so hesitant to buy this foundation. Usually covergirl foundations are horrible .. the price of this foundation was expensive for CG but i love it.
It has medium to full coverage and is able to be built up . I am a person who HATES scented foundations, but this foundation has a very fresh scent, and once applied on my skin , i cant notice it. It seems like its hydrating my skin as well, and i have noticed a difference in my skin since starting to use it.
I WILL PURCHASE this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by pfeen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This had to be the worst foundation I've ever purchased. I am 47 and have a few wrinkles but this product was so cakey and thick that I looked like I had aged 25 years. It gave me wrinkles I don't normally have. I tried putting it on with a brush at first but it streaked. I also tried putting it on with a sponge and then again with my fingers, but the results were consistently bad. The colour was good and matched my skin but that was the only positive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by lillyrowan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Olay products and I usually have good luck with Cover Girl, but not this time. The scent of this product over-whelmed me, and made me light-headed. One of the reviewers before warned that if you are sensitive to scent, this might be a problem. In my case it definitely was a problem. I probably had an extreme reaction to the scent, but if you are sensitive to scent, you might want to give this a pass.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Update: Shut the front door but this made me break out in a rash! Also the buff color oxidized on me and texture of this wore off in weird patches like around the nose after about 4 hours. So disgusted with my sensitive weird skin.

I tried it on my hand in the store and it diffused all of my age spots and wrinkles so I promptly bought. It goes on so light texturally yet gives up to medium coverage and certainly minimizes flaws. Most of the colors were sold out but I settled on the buff one for my NC 25 skin tone and it's pretty good. It is strongly fragranced but the scent dissipates fairly fast so I'm not smelling floral green tea all day. Love the pump and the swirly bottle. I usually hate Cover Girl but this is spot on for my tastes and my normal/dry skin with aging rosacea concerns. Also fits my need for light feeling coverage. And cheap! The only way this would be better is if it had spf too but I wear a respectable sunscreen every day so not too bummed. Holding my breath that this will not adversely affect my skin.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin, but was looking for something a little more moisturizing since I am using Retin-A which causes my skin to be flakey. Oily and flakey skin can be a real challenge to work with!
...
I love that the bottle comes with a pump and is clear so you can see how much you've used up. The texture is mousse-like, and not "liquidy" like most foundations. It blends pretty well, but it can look streaky when applied with a brush. It feels moisturizing without being too heavy or oily.
...
I thought this would have buildable coverage since the consistency is thick, but on my acne-scarred skin, it actually looks like a medium coverage product. I really wish this covered better since it feels so nice on my skin and reduces the appearance of my pores and lends a smoother look to my skin. Obviously, if you're super oily like me, this will look dewy on you and might not be super long-wearing throughout the day.
...
I am about an NC42 in MAC and chose shade 155 Soft Honey (157 Golden Tan looked like it could also work). This does have a noticeable fresh scent to it. While I don't mind it, I don't think it's necessary, either. I also think the name Tone Rehab sounds a bit strange and wish they had picked something else.
...
Overall, this is a smooth and creamy foundation which I enjoy as an everyday use product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Ellenjs

This product makes me wonder...why am I wasting so much money on the high end foundations? Bobbi Brown, Chanel...this competes with the best and is better than many. My only complaint.... I wish the shades tended toward yellow based instead of pink.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by allison41

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Yuck. I bought this and returned it. Normally I love Cover Girl foundations (TruBlend & NatureLuxe are both great) so I was surprised that this stuff smelled SO awful and made my face look unbelievably oily after about an hour. It seemed cakey as well. I couldn't wait to take it off. Plus $15.50 for Cover Girl is ridiculous...If I'm spending that much I want to love the product. Anyway, won't be repurchasing this one, it just didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by bmc8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like this product. I have a question, would wearing a primer with this product make sense? I feel that wearing a primer underneath would hinder any benefits the Olay part of the foundation might have or maybe that's only if the primer is silicone based? i would like to use a primer to even out my skin but haven't because I'm not sure if doing so would defeat the purpose of the product.

Just to note the shade Classic Tan has pink undertones while Golden Tan has yellow.

I have been wearing this product over my moisturizer and underneath Benefit's porefessional and a setting spray. I have dry skin and really have been liking this foundation as it does feel moisturizing.