November 27, 2014 | 1251 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by veryvintage

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gorgeous palette but I'm spoiled by Naked 1. I just love naked 1 a lot more and feel like the shades are better in it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have had this palette for over a year now, I use it almost daily and have hit pan on several of the shades. Others, though, I have never dipped a brush in (I'm looking at you Blackout!) Booytcall has become my every day highlight shade, it looks gorgeous on the brow bone. Tease is a great crease and transitional color, it also applies and blends really well, which can be hard attributes to come by in a matte shadow. I also love YDK, it is a fantastic deep bronze with a lot of color depth. I have mixed feelings on Chopper, it is very pretty in the pan, but on my eyes it pulls a very reddish coppery color that isn't flattering on my light/medium warm skin. The quality of all the shadows is great, they are all very pigmented, easy to blend and with UD Primer Potion last forever. I also really like the packaging of Naked 2, it is metal and very sturdy. I have dropped it numerous times over the last year and haven't had a single shadow break. I have really enjoyed Naked 2, but don't think I will repurchase. The nude/neutral shadow trend has gotten a little boring for me, and I am craving something new and exciting. But for those who prefer the nude/neutral look, I think Naked 2 is a great palette!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Of course ya'll know I had to do this review because I mentioned it in my review of the original NAKED palette by UD. And I LUV this one just the same, if not more. I am a super huge fan of nudes and neutral eyes and am so glad I got my hands on this beauty. My favorite color is "TEASE"...it's a creamy-beige, matte shade that I can rock with the greatest of ease either solo or with a color combo to smoke it out or pair it with any of the other shades to create a nice daytime, at-the-office look. Tease is also good as a transition color. Pistol and Verve are sexy smokey shades; Booty Call and Foxy are great browbone highlights. I respect the high quality of the packaging with the metal casing, snap closure, mirror and dual use brush included. This purchase made me SO happy because I felt as if I really got my $'s worth and I can tell the palette is going to last a while because there is no way I'll be able to use all 12 shades anytime soon. And like the original NAKED I would not repurchase this palette for this exact reason...I can't use the shades fast enough before a new one is launched. This and its precursor have permanent residence atop of my vanity and I keep them there mainly because they have become my "go-to's" lately. UD has outdone themselves with this series of palettes and it's almost looking like they'll be taking on a legacy similar to the Rocky saga with continued sequals...at least I hope. Don't judge me BTW...I am a loyal Rocky fan:-)
~A. Starr

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by ihoardmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

This palette is one that doesn't get used too often- but I still love it! The cool tones don't suit my everyday look, but I know quality when I see it! UD has flawless shadow texture, the pigmentation and blendability never fails to wow me. The packaging is very nice and sturdy. Definitely an upgrade from the first Naked. This is generally cool toned, mostly shimmer. Three mattes, a yellow creme, a mauve taupe, and a black black. Just the right amount to get by! The brush isn't spectacular, but it doesn't suck. I could use it efficiently. Still love this, it is definitely something I would repurchase! I feel like the first Naked is better for my tastes, but Naked 2 still deserves some props! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by SabyLoh

so i gave in and bought Naked 2. The eye shadows are very pigmented and beautiful and they stay on really long when combined with the Urban Decay Potion Primer. I especially love the colour Half Baked to use in the inner corners of my eyes. It's just gorgeous. I'm really happy that i bought it.

But i wont say that i'm a fan of the packaging. One of the colours called Tease fell out of the pan and just broke to pieces after just 6 months of using this pallet and i barely even used that colour. I'll say based on that, it's not very sturdy. i also find it quite hard to open it. I also wish there was less shimmer and more matte colour. i know that other brands like The Balm have completely matte pallets but for travelling purposes, it's inconvenient to bring multiple pallets. Otherwise, i love it and i will be sure to buy it again unless Naked 3 is just as good as this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbyamandam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After thoroughly loving the original Naked Palette, you know I went out and got the Naked 2 palette. I originally wasn't going to get it because I felt like it was a repeat of the original. Boy was I wrong. This palette has different colors (though Half Baked is a repeat from Naked 1) in cool tones rather than warm ones. As is par for the course with Urban Decay shadows, they apply well, blend well and build up in intensity well. As always I use my Urban Decay Primer Potion because my eyelids like the rest of my skin tends to be oily so my shadow will crease no matter how good it is. But between the sheer performance of the shadows and the primer, I never have a crease in sight. I wore a look from this palette this past New Years with my primer potion (and broke my cardinal rule about making sure I wash my face before I hit the hay) and after a night of sweating and dancing till I dropped, I woke up the next morning and my eyeshadow still looked as good as the night before when I applied it! So you know the performance is there. I don't reach for this one as much as the original Naked palette simply because I prefer the warmer tones, but in the spring and summer months when you want to brighten up after the darkness of winter, this is something I reach for more. The one thing that I didn't like as much as the original was the packaging. While if you are someone that likes to travel with these, this packaging may be more practical because it's a hard case and snaps shut, I find that I preferred the packaging in the original more because I like to fold the lid back underneath it to prop it up when I am sitting at my vanity putting on makeup. I can't really do that with this one. This is something that I will definitely not get through anytime soon, but could see myself repurchasing it in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice palette. It has a nice selection of colors and is a mix of finishes. I use most of the shades. This is a cooler toned than Naked 1. This palette has a lot of mid-toned shades, but is lacking in the number darker crease shades. I don't like that there is a repeated shade from Naked 1. Urban decay has enough shadows in their line that would have fit the palette, that to repeat Half-Baked seemed lazy to me. I would rather they included another darker crease shade in the place of half-baked.

The quality of the shadows is great. Very pigmented and easy to blend. Chopper has some fallout. But tapping the excess off prevents it from going all over the face.

I don't reach for it as often as Naked 1, so I'm on the fence about whether I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by veelui

i finally caved in and bought this palette. i love the colors and the shimmers, good staying power, i never use primers on my eyelids (im just too lazy). it has good pigment when putting it on eyelids, but when swatching on the arm, it seems poor; maybe because i dont put enough on my arm to test it out? anyway i do love the colors but if i ever finish it, im not sure i would buy again, bc its just too expensive for me, i love included brushes so i dont have to bring my own when i travel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

So many reviews yet I would like to add mine.

The shadows are buttery, pigmented, the case is nice and sturdy - yes.

Yet I have it since a premiere and I use only four shadows, Foxy, Bootycall, Tease and Blackout. In fact everyday I use Blackout but this is matte black, nothing extraordinaire.
I see lovely colours but at the end for example the glittery rusty shade Chopper I used maybe once. The YDK another glitter- never.

There is too much glitter, too much shimmer and thats really off-putting. It's good value only if you use it- I don't much, I do not regret getting it though. I quite like it but its not a 'godsend' as some YT ''gurus'' or bloggers try to make it look like.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by zurbaby

Ive been using this particular product for months now and I am quite sure what to state about this palette. I'm a makeup critique since I've been collecting and trying on products ever since I could remember. First of all, the pigmentation of the naked 2 is AMAZING one swipe and you're good to go. The colors lasts all day long. I dont really use a primer with it. The only down side are, the colors are quite repetitive and quite comparable to the naked 1. Literally, i only use 3 colors out of this palette. I wouldnt call it a waste though. Its good for clients wanting a more neutral look.