October 26, 2014 | 1411 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by ihoardmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

This palette is one that doesn't get used too often- but I still love it! The cool tones don't suit my everyday look, but I know quality when I see it! UD has flawless shadow texture, the pigmentation and blendability never fails to wow me. The packaging is very nice and sturdy. Definitely an upgrade from the first Naked. This is generally cool toned, mostly shimmer. Three mattes, a yellow creme, a mauve taupe, and a black black. Just the right amount to get by! The brush isn't spectacular, but it doesn't suck. I could use it efficiently. Still love this, it is definitely something I would repurchase! I feel like the first Naked is better for my tastes, but Naked 2 still deserves some props! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by SabyLoh

so i gave in and bought Naked 2. The eye shadows are very pigmented and beautiful and they stay on really long when combined with the Urban Decay Potion Primer. I especially love the colour Half Baked to use in the inner corners of my eyes. It's just gorgeous. I'm really happy that i bought it.

But i wont say that i'm a fan of the packaging. One of the colours called Tease fell out of the pan and just broke to pieces after just 6 months of using this pallet and i barely even used that colour. I'll say based on that, it's not very sturdy. i also find it quite hard to open it. I also wish there was less shimmer and more matte colour. i know that other brands like The Balm have completely matte pallets but for travelling purposes, it's inconvenient to bring multiple pallets. Otherwise, i love it and i will be sure to buy it again unless Naked 3 is just as good as this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbyamandam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After thoroughly loving the original Naked Palette, you know I went out and got the Naked 2 palette. I originally wasn't going to get it because I felt like it was a repeat of the original. Boy was I wrong. This palette has different colors (though Half Baked is a repeat from Naked 1) in cool tones rather than warm ones. As is par for the course with Urban Decay shadows, they apply well, blend well and build up in intensity well. As always I use my Urban Decay Primer Potion because my eyelids like the rest of my skin tends to be oily so my shadow will crease no matter how good it is. But between the sheer performance of the shadows and the primer, I never have a crease in sight. I wore a look from this palette this past New Years with my primer potion (and broke my cardinal rule about making sure I wash my face before I hit the hay) and after a night of sweating and dancing till I dropped, I woke up the next morning and my eyeshadow still looked as good as the night before when I applied it! So you know the performance is there. I don't reach for this one as much as the original Naked palette simply because I prefer the warmer tones, but in the spring and summer months when you want to brighten up after the darkness of winter, this is something I reach for more. The one thing that I didn't like as much as the original was the packaging. While if you are someone that likes to travel with these, this packaging may be more practical because it's a hard case and snaps shut, I find that I preferred the packaging in the original more because I like to fold the lid back underneath it to prop it up when I am sitting at my vanity putting on makeup. I can't really do that with this one. This is something that I will definitely not get through anytime soon, but could see myself repurchasing it in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice palette. It has a nice selection of colors and is a mix of finishes. I use most of the shades. This is a cooler toned than Naked 1. This palette has a lot of mid-toned shades, but is lacking in the number darker crease shades. I don't like that there is a repeated shade from Naked 1. Urban decay has enough shadows in their line that would have fit the palette, that to repeat Half-Baked seemed lazy to me. I would rather they included another darker crease shade in the place of half-baked.

The quality of the shadows is great. Very pigmented and easy to blend. Chopper has some fallout. But tapping the excess off prevents it from going all over the face.

I don't reach for it as often as Naked 1, so I'm on the fence about whether I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by veelui

i finally caved in and bought this palette. i love the colors and the shimmers, good staying power, i never use primers on my eyelids (im just too lazy). it has good pigment when putting it on eyelids, but when swatching on the arm, it seems poor; maybe because i dont put enough on my arm to test it out? anyway i do love the colors but if i ever finish it, im not sure i would buy again, bc its just too expensive for me, i love included brushes so i dont have to bring my own when i travel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

So many reviews yet I would like to add mine.

The shadows are buttery, pigmented, the case is nice and sturdy - yes.

Yet I have it since a premiere and I use only four shadows, Foxy, Bootycall, Tease and Blackout. In fact everyday I use Blackout but this is matte black, nothing extraordinaire.
I see lovely colours but at the end for example the glittery rusty shade Chopper I used maybe once. The YDK another glitter- never.

There is too much glitter, too much shimmer and thats really off-putting. It's good value only if you use it- I don't much, I do not regret getting it though. I quite like it but its not a 'godsend' as some YT ''gurus'' or bloggers try to make it look like.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by zurbaby

Ive been using this particular product for months now and I am quite sure what to state about this palette. I'm a makeup critique since I've been collecting and trying on products ever since I could remember. First of all, the pigmentation of the naked 2 is AMAZING one swipe and you're good to go. The colors lasts all day long. I dont really use a primer with it. The only down side are, the colors are quite repetitive and quite comparable to the naked 1. Literally, i only use 3 colors out of this palette. I wouldnt call it a waste though. Its good for clients wanting a more neutral look.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Ihaveahart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the packaging,color payoff,ect but the shadows are too shimmery and i only use 3 colors from it....i'd rather stick to my MAC shadows

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by stardustmemories

I got this over a year ago in the US--I live in Canada and when it comes to expensive (overpriced) cosmetics, I try to buy in the US and avoid our even higher prices and taxes. I like and use all the shades, my favourites are bootycall, YDK, chopper, snakebite and busted. The quality is superb--I don't even use a primer with them, just some powder (LancĂ´me dual finish to be exact) and I don't have to touch up. I also like the lip gloss that came with it, it has a lovely minty taste and is a flattering colour. The brush is good, not the best I've ever used, but more than good enough. This palette is too big for travelling, to me anyway, plus I don't need that many shades on a trip. I checked off that I wouldn't buy again, not that I don't like it but I just saw the new Naked 3 and I think I'd like it better. By the way, I'm 56 years old and I wear glittery eyeshadow all the time--looks fine. The glittery shades don't actually look as glittery on as they do in the pan.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Amandabambii

This palette is simply a must have! Urban decay kicks MAC's butt when it comes to eyeshadows! This was my first expensive product purchase and I love it.

I have been using it for nearly a year now and there's hardly any dips. The double ended Brush would be useable but I never use the brushes that come with palettes, etc. the Naked 2 has a great range of warm and cool colours that would be awesome on any skin tone or eye colour!

Pros:
- 12 highly pigmented eyeshadows
- smooth, blends like a dream
- colours to suit anyone
- comes with a brush
- can make any eye look day to night
- packaging is very sturdy

Cons:
- some may consider it expensive

If you haven't already you need to check out this palette!