Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Creme Brulee

3.6

Polybutene, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Neopentyl Glycol Dithylhexanoate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Zinc Ricinoleate, Squalane, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Synthetic Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Fragrance, BHT, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, May Contain:, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Carmine (CI 75470), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love lip butters but this color was NOT for me. I have brown hair, hazel/brown-green eyes and light, olive skin. this made me look washed out and sick. It was too close to my skin color and made me look like a corpse. I saw the pictures other MUA users uploaded and this color looked really different on me. I was like a glossy, white toned concealer on me.

on 2/6/2012 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have had the Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee for a little over a week now. As soon as I bought it I tried it out--and was very disappointed. It immediately felt like my lips were flaky, the pigment clung to the dryness--it looked and felt awful.
However...I decided to wait and try it again when my lips weren't so chapped. I exfoliated them and upped my H2O (I notice my lips/skin get dried out quicker if I don't drink enough water) and tried it again. And the more and more I use it, the more I like it. It was almost like my lips had to get accustomed to it.
I love the color. This is the only Lip Butter I have, but I like that I picked a color that isn't super high maintenance like some of the others I've been reading about--I can just swipe this on wherever I am even if I don't have a mirror available. It provides a nice, even coat of nude color with just a hint of shimmer. My lips stay hydrated, but I feel like I do have to reapply more than I'd like. Still, it's a nice alternative to lipstick, a less sticky alternative to lipgloss, and more "put together" than a chapstick.

on 1/23/2012 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Eliminates chapstick, lipstick, and gloss. I love this product!! Wish it lasted a little longer and maybe was a bit more opaque BUT it is way better than Loreal BALM.

on 1/23/2012 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have warm, NC15 skin, and I find this is a nice color for me. I have fairly well-pigmented lips, and it's opaque enough to impart color to my lips. It has some shimmer, but it doesn't feel gritty or noticeable on the lips at all. I find this particular lip butter to be somewhat drying, though. It lasts the longest on my lips even through drinking and snacking, but I assume that's because it's more dry. It's not so drying that I dislike it or wouldn't repurchase. Nothing a bit of lip balm doesn't cure.

on 1/21/2012 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have searched high and low for a nude color that would compliment my skin and never found one. Because these are so pigmented I thought that this would be another FAIL nude color. So I thought why not try it I love the lip butter maybe this one will be sheer and I can pull it off. However when I put it on it was not sheer at all it was a nice wash of color like all the other lip butters. BUT I can pull it off it has enough shine and gloss in it that I dont have to pack alot of gloss on it like I have to do other nude lippies! LOVE IT

on 1/20/2012 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I actually like the this nude lip - I have NC42 skin and it gives me a nude sheen lip it really looks great! love these..the texture is great...

Great for everyday wear. Not as pigmented, needs a few swipes to see it. But its one of those lip products you dont have to worry about being "perfect". I love the packaging with the quilted pattern & the smell is not so strong. Wish this was a little more in color but its okaaay, just layer another lipstick on the bottom cuz these dont need gloss!

on 1/19/2012 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product is just really average to me, it is more moisturizing and glossy than it is pigmented and the color is hardly noticeable on my lips. Even if I apply a heavy layer all I can notice is that my lips turn a slightly peachier shade but mostly they just get a nice shine. Without eating and drinking this lasts 3-4 hours on my lips. It's a nice product but I prefer more vibrant and pigmented colors so this is probably my least favorite lip butter. I wouldn't buy it again but it was only 4 dollars (bought it during a Revlon BOGO sale) so I'm not too disappointed with it, I can still see myself wearing it at home though because it is quite moisturizing.
Edit: I started to wear this more often, it goes beautifully with golden eyeshadow and bronzed skin. My lips are naturally quite pink but this just gives them a wonderful glossy glow, similar to a lip gloss but not so wet looking.

on 1/15/2012 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin with a tendency toward eczema breakouts when exposed to harsh chemicals or drying products. My main areas of eczema breakout are my hands and wrists with occasional appearances my face if I have a reaction to a new product.
I really wanted to like this lip butter. The color is so pretty on. The formula felt great going on initially. However, after a few hours I could feel my lips tingling as if they were getting dehydrated. Then to my dismay, I had my first ever eczema breakout on my lips!
I thought it might be the change in weather rather than the lip product, so I stopped all lipsticks and treated the eczema for a while. Once things cleared up, I would go back to using this lip butter and end up with a break out again. I even bought a NEW tube and different shades to make sure it wasn't a contaminated tube. But after 2 months of going back and forth between this product and my higher-end hydrating lipsticks, I've realized that it is indeed all the Revlon Lip Butters that caused the eczema on my lips.
I'm not sure what is in the formulation that is doing this. I've never had a lip product cause such a reaction. My advice is to steer clear of this product if you have sensitive skin. Something isn't right.

on 1/12/2012 2:40:00 PM

Pretty peachy nude color .Has very very fine shimmer in it that's not too detectable. This is my second one,i have peach parfait also..i tend to reach for this one more than the peach parfait as it doesn't has so much shimmer for daily use.Its not extremely moisturizing, but it is nice.I love and hate the packaging. It is very pretty and I like that the cap will not come off in your purse or pockets as alot of other caps do but its a pain to get off sometimes especially if you moisturized your hands ,lol.

Popular Lipsticks