Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

4.4

on 1/20/2013 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have two of the lip butters one in Fig Jam and one in Pink Truffle. I was a bit intimidated by Pink Truffle because I thought if Fig Jam was a MLBB for me how was Pink Truffle going to look?

Any how I managed to snag this on sale for $6CDN. On my skintone it's a pretty nude pink. It's shiny and keeps my lips hydrated and doesn't dry my lips out through the wear.

Do you know what this colour reminds me of? Revlonís Super Lustrous Lipstick in Rose Velvet, only Pink Truffle has a touch more brown is much shinier and is sheerer. Pink Truffle is definitely a winner in my book and I will repurchase both colours of the lip butters I own. I just wish this product was easier to open!

on 1/13/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favourite lipsticks/lip products. It's a nice neutral color and makes my skin look brighter. It's similar to berry smoothie except this one is a little darker and a bit more of a brown tinge. I don't like wearing lip balms or lip glosses on it because its already shiny and moisturizing. I love the packaging. It looks very elegant and I got it on sale for $4 instead of $8! It has a hint of a vanilla smell which is nice. I would definitely buy this product again

on 1/13/2013 7:16:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Thrilled with this lip butter! I have been looking for a very natural shade of lipstick for that MLBB look, and spent a long time looking through "nudes" that were super pale and made me look washed out and dead. I have pale yellow-tinged skin and deep auburn hair and didn't want browny tones or bright pink, just something gently flushed-looking.

Pink Truffle is perfect, a natural flushed tone on me with almost a bit of mauve in it. It's lightweight and more sheer than most lipsticks but definitely more opaque than my truly sheer lipglosses, and I find it to be a perfect happy medium -- polished enough to look "done" but not heavy or overbearing. Truly my lips but better.

The consistency is nice, I was expecting something truly slick and oily from some of the complaints, but it's just nice and light and for its texture the color does hang around quite well -- and because it's a natural, more sheer color it's not a big deal to touch up on the go.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wearing this gorgeous rich pink-brown makes me feel like Rene Russo in The Thomas Crown Affair. I'm not much of a nude-lip girl, and the extra shot of color in this keeps everything looking healthy, not washed out. Absolutely gorgeous texture & scent,too. This is the best lipstick I've purchased in years.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my 4th lip butter. I Frickin love this color. For reference, I am nc 25-30, warm undertone. This color is MLBb with a glossy finish. This had shimmer in it but its not as chunky as the ones in "peach parfait", which was a disappointment because the shade was gorgeous, just hated the glitter. I love pairing this lipstick with a pinky lip liner (revlon Colorstay lip liner in "blush"). Glides on smooth and is very creamy. Def would repurchase!

on 1/8/2013 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I love pink truffle! It looks dark and scary but once applied its a nice pinky brown.Revlon lip butters have the same texture as Korres lip butters but they are cheaper, cuter and come in great shades. Pink truffle isn't my favorite shade but its the perfect shade to throw on when in a rush and if you need something to match every look.

on 1/8/2013 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

This is a great product! First, the packaging is cute. Nothing too special but nice enough. It applies very smooth and even. Wears about as long as your standard lipstick (maybe 2 hours) but the color does fade into a nice pink tint. Pink truffle is a fleshy-pink color. It looks darker in the tube than when applied. I have brown skin and pink lips, and when I put this on its my lipcolor amped up 2 shades. Not too glossy but goes on more moisturizing than a lipstick. As you apply more the color intensifies. I just love the way it glides on. As you use it, it does melt a little around the edge of the tube. Nothing too dramatic but I wouldn't leave it in the car on a sunny day.I will say I appreciate the tube being pink so I don't have to store it upside down to see the label I wish it was a dollar or 2 cheaper, but great buy. Very nice everyday color without being too natural or too girly.

on 12/22/2012 5:45:00 AM

Pink Truffle is my favorite of all the Revlon lip butters that I have. It's a really nice color on my fair skin and doesn't have this gritty texture that Peach Parfait has. It lasts a couple hours and is moisturizing. No shimmer effect too, which is really nice ! I can wear it at work or at night, and it's perfect. My only complaint is that I wish it would last a little longer.

on 12/18/2012 5:05:00 PM

Wow... Talk about a sleeper-hit! Beautiful texture, with sheer coverage and great hydration. Puts me in mind of Clinique's Buttershine lipsticks in texture, and Nars's Dolce Vita in color/tone, though I do find myself reaching for this more frequently since it's shear enough to apply without a mirror, and hydrating enough to do double-duty as an impromptu lip balm. Currently, I have both this shade, and Tutti Frutti in my bag in case I need to perk up for a party. Either way, would definitely purchase again.

on 11/26/2012 11:22:00 PM

This color looks dark in the tube so I thought it would be too much for me but I tried it anyways. It's super pretty. It's darker than a nude but looks very natural. If I pair it with a pink lip gloss it looks pink. But if I leave it alone its like a my lips but better color. It also looks good on my warm toned skin. It was $10 which I thought was a little high for the amount in the tube. And the packaging is pretty and simple. I will definitely buy this again.

Recommended for Medium Skin