Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

4.4

on 11/12/2012 5:29:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

Hi everyone! Just thought I would hop on this morning. I have the Tarte blush in Exposed which I was wearing yesterday. I pulled this lip butter out of my lipstick drawer and I thought these two looked lovely together. I agree with the others who comment that these are not that moisturizing. I think I own 6 of these but I guess I really do prefer a nice opaque lipstick. But I know that that Tarte blush is extremely popular so I thought I would bring this combo to your attention.

on 11/12/2012 2:30:00 AM

Love this! This in my opinion is the perfect nude lipstick.
Super moisturizing, color is amazing and you can't really beat the price.

on 11/12/2012 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have got 5 shades of these little lip butters already. I read so many great reviews on this shade 'Pink Truffle' before my purchase. But I was very afraid that the color would age me. Anyway I bought it at last. And I'm so GLAD I did it. The color is fantastic, not earthy or deep as I thought, really exquisite. The texture may be the most creamy among my lip butters. So easy to apply even without lip balm. Hope Revlon won't stop manufacturing this color.

on 11/10/2012 7:44:00 AM

Love this shade so much, and love the Revlon Lip Butters in general. So soft and smooth and moisturizing. Easy to wear, comfortable, just a great product. This color is really quite neutral. It's a great color to wear everyday. And I think the price for these is very reasonable, and with coupons and sales, even better.

on 11/10/2012 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Another favorite lip butter! A perfect pink nude lip color for me that's perfect for the fall/winter season. I was afraid this would turn up more brown/mauve but there is a hint of pink. It's moisturizing and is pretty pigmented.

on 10/29/2012 12:52:00 AM

Dry, dry, dry! I LOVE the shade, but the texture is so dry it needs a lip balm underneath or a clear gloss on top, which makes the staying power non-existent. I much prefer Clinique's Butter Shine lipsticks for texture, but have a problem with staying power there as well since they're SO moisturizing. I guess I should just avoid any lip product with "butter' in the name. *sigh*

on 10/15/2012 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Iíve never tried lip butter before so my review score is based on lip butters. As I've matured I've realized the lipsticks I used to wear donít suit me anymore. With the consideration that my upper lip line is fading, darker shades just donít work so I decided to change to natural lighter colours & this was my first attempt. This colour is unusually beautiful. It's a muted pinky light mauve & would go with anything. I absolutely love the subtly of this colour. The reason I wouldn't repurchase is due to its lack of staying power yet it never claimed to have this. I think my next purchase would be a lighter more natural lipstick with the staying power or a pretty lip-gloss that can be applied quickly yet won't show over my lip line. For lip butter, I think this colour is very pretty & would recommend it if you like lip butters.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is the first lip butter I bought but after buying all the other colors this gem was slowly pushed aside. Now that fall's here, I was rummaging through my makeup drawer and saw this. It is a gorgeous brownish pink color, a mylbb shade that doesn't have any shimmers in it. It goes on sheer on one swipe but can easily be built to a good pigmented color. This doesn't stay on and don't be fooled with the name because it won't really give as much moisture as other lips butters or tinted lip balms out there. It is pretty easy to apply and has a faint sugar-y dessert small. Perfect to pop in your bag for quick touch ups.

on 9/30/2012 8:12:00 AM

UPDATE: All my Balm Stains and Lip Butters are getting tossed, as they cause tiny pimples/blackheads on my lipline. Invariably by the end of the day when I wear these. Bizarre, and no thank you!

On me (very fair, pigmented lips) this is a warm, medium pink. Since it's sheer, it's very "neutral" in that it could go with any look. I actually find the formula feels quite moisturizing! Not as much as a treatment balm, but it certainly doesn't actively dry my lips, and is much more moist and smooth than most lipsticks.

Tip: If you find this shade too warm-toned, try the Revlon Just Bitten Balm in Honey. I bought both at the same time and they are all but identical; the Just Bitten has a cooler undertone but they are exactly the same depth of shade and level of coverage.

on 9/27/2012 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Meh. Milky pink on me. I would imagine it would look nicer on fairer skintones, but tanned ladies or anyone over NC30 should go a bit darker. The formula isn't as great as it was hyped to be.

Popular Lipsticks