August 21, 2014 | 1142 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by fatimakhanxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It never smudges, Stays on for such a long time and the colour is so intense..The black one is amazing, but I'm not really a big fan of the gray one, it dries up and becomes all cracked up looking :/ but I would definitely recommend the black one :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very good liner for the price. I tried WnW's gel liner many years ago and hated it, so I was skeptical of a different $4 gel liner. However, Essence does not disappoint me as WnW did. I can't give this five lippies because it does run on me after a few hours. Otherwise, it is a great product, and probably a low-end HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Camuika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Was looking for a good gel eyeliner and came across the new essence booth at my local drugstore and heard pretty good reviews of the brand. And for that price?!? GRAB. I was very excited to try it. However, when i swatched it, i was very disappointed. Then i later realized why- i swatched TOO much product. It was too thick, hence it did not set properly and smudged everywhere. In fact, this product has such good PIGMENTATION, just one dip per eye is enough. It is a true, solid jet black.

Smudge proof? It held on pretty well, once i forgot i had this eyeliner on, i rubbed my eyes and then quickly took a look at the mirror. Not entirely smudge proof, but very MINIMAL SMUDGING. Therefore i'd say it's LONGLASTING.

Waterproof? Yes, when entire dry AND when it's not a thick layer- else it'll crumble.

Creamy? Yes. Very.

Easy to apply? From above, yes, creamy. But, this eyeliner can get onto your eyelashes pretty easily. I wouldn't be surprised if people started dipping spoolies into the pot and combed them on lashes. They made mine bold and thick.

Packaging- If you look carefully at the pot, it's not a lot of product. But it's fine, since gel eyeliner dries out pretty quickly and you're always set to buy a new one. And for the price? Totally okay. Glass packaging is really solid too.

Now, this is where i took 1 star off. REMOVING THIS THING IS SUCH A PAIN. My regular eye make up remover couldn't do the job, and i had to keep tugging. I have a few make up removers so i tried with different ones. In the end, i realized good old OLIVE OIL is the best for removing this! Simply dip a cotton bud in some and you'll find that the product just melts away. Also, because it dries pretty quick, it's another pain to clean your brushes as it just sticks together and it's clumpy gunk and all. A quick spot clean WILL NOT do the job. You'll have to deep clean it with soap and olive oil. I guess it's that hard to remove because of it's staying power. But overall, i highly recommend this. It can be really nice to apply. DON'T BOTHER with the essence gel eyeliner brush though. Too thick for an angled liner brush.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This $3 gel liner is seriously awesome as it's so creamy, pigmented, dries quickly, sets to a matte finish, and doesn't budge all day. Prior to this I was a devoted MAC fluidline girl, but not any more thanks to this inexpensive drugstore gem. I purchased the shade black and will definitely be trying out the other colours available.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 4:16:00 AM More reviews by xchococatx

I've been searching for the PERFECT eyeliner for a while, just because my eyelids can get VERY VERY greasy and it always rubs off. I've searched HIGH AND LOW for the perfect gel eyeliner. I used to RAVEEEE about the Wet n Wild gel eyeliner, but that product dried out in about 4 months...Although it was dirt cheap it CANNOT compare to the essence gel eyeliner. First of all, the staying power on this is AMAZING...It stays on my very oily lids for a long long LONGGGGGG time. To make it stay on even LONGER, i usually prime my lids with urban decay's eye primer. I have this gel eyeliner in the brown. Its a VERY pretty color and can be used on a daily basis without appearing too harsh. The thing about this eyeliner is that it glides on smooth like a kohl eyeliner pencil, yet has the staying power and precision of a liquid eyeliner!!! I got this for about 3.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart (Canada) SO I SUGGEST everyone who hasn't gotten it to run and get it now, because usually products that become extremely product get a price raise eventually. ALSO, i haven't experienced ANY problems with this eyeliner drying out yet as I have with my other gel eyeliners. GET THIS GEL EYELINER, you won't regret it! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by sarahdbillingsley

Best eyeliner ever!

Does exactly what it should do: goes on smoothly, doesn't smudge, lasts all day. Plus, it's very inexpensive! I like this better than any eyeliner I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by annoasis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The BEST black gel liner I've tried! I also have Bobbi Brown gel liners, but the Essence is much better! The formula is creamy and goes on so smooth! I find with the Bobbi Brown it's more thick and doesn't glide on as smooth as this one! It lasts a long time, it's pigmented, it's sooo affordable! It;s my HG of gel liners! Save yourself a lot of money and invest in the Essence gel liner! I've tried other drugstore gel liners and they were ok, but nothing great...I tried Revlon and L'Oreal. Essence all the way!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Marybelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this! I am a MAC fiend, and I actually prefer this over my MAC gel liners. It does not budge (I actually have to be careful not to make a mistake when applying), but I never ever get the raccoon look from this liner. I have it in black, I'm having a hard time finding other colors, or else I'd buy them all!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

The Esscence Gel Eyeliner comes in a decently heavy round glass jar with a black lid with a design and general information on it. On the bottom of the jar is a bit more information (color, location of brand), and the barcode is stuck to the side of it, which I have yet to peel off. At Ulta, the only local store that sells Essence (that I know of), the section of this brand of cosmetics is always near empty. I think it's party because it's so inexpensive and sells out easily, and partly because it may be viewed as a little kid brand (again, because it's so inexpensive and the display looks rather...young) so the staff doesn't bother to restock it regurally, which really stinks because I happen to love this brand! They have great lip products. I never bothered to check out their eye makeup until I read all the rave reviews for it. Lately, I've been looking for a nice black eyeliner, and gel liner is so easy for me to apply. It's actually easier for me than pencil liner is. Weird? I'm not sure. I apply this using the Essence gel liner brush (1.99 and awesome!) and make one clean line along my upper lash line. I like wearing this with shimmery shadows and less dramatic mascara to acentuate my lashes and make them look bold without being overly dramatic. This retails for 3.99 at my local Ulta. I definitely like this product a lot, and will look into trying more eye makeup products from this brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Roes797

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

MY FAVOURITE EYELINER :D
I found this at my local Shoppers Drugmart for $3.99CAD. I have this in the colour "Midnight in Paris". This gel eyeliner has lasted me about 5.5 months of everyday use! It is JET BLACK and so creamy and smooth. I love the packaging. It is a glass container with a platic lid. I can wear this for more than 24hours and go swimming in this without it smudging or chipping. It's basically bulletproof. The only thing is that after wearing this for more than about 13 hours, the colour will fade in the slightest bit. No one notices, but me. I also have the MAC Fluidline in "Blacktrack" and these two are definately comparable. I will even say that I prefer the Essence one more the Mac. The Essence eyeliner is $3.99CAD vs $18.00CAD for the Mac. I stay to go for Essence. I reccommend this to all my friends who ask me "What is the best eyeliner?".