October 25, 2014 | 1858 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Kf1127

This eyeliner is soooo creamy I love it! It's very pigmented. I have the colour midnight in Paris which is just a pitch black color. Tried their smokey eyes palette, that was terrible. I got it for sale for 10 cents! So I had to buy it. The eyeshadow was not pigmented at all! The gel liner was horrible so I was so scared to try the gel liner, but now I love it so much! The only thing is that the jar is really heavy and there's not much product in the jar. But otherwise it's an amazing product! And I definitely would recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by shuppet88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I haven't written a review in a while, but this product definitely warranted one. No matter what an eye liner's promises of lasting on the waterline (I'm looking at you, Tarte automatic pencil), it never fails to smear. Until now. I had been using the Essence gel liner while on vacation, and I tried it on the waterline for the first time last week. It stayed on the whole night, and even on the bottom lash line where I smudged it for a soft smoky look. I don't think I'll be using anything else on my waterline from now on. It comes off with a few swipes of makeup wipe, but it might be more difficult for others to remove. My MAC Blacktrack would eventually flake off my waterline, and of course it's about five times more expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by kekekeitsangee

I would give it a 4.5 but I rounded up. I'm an eyeliner kind of gal and something I won't leave the house without. After trying the Maybelline, the Wet N Wild, and the L'Oreal HIP Cream Liner (which I believe is discontinued now, it turns out the L'Oreal was my HG gel liner...).

Luckily, I found Essence! It's texture is super close the L'Oreal and more of a cream than a gel-- making it super smooth and gives you a nice pigmented line. It has amazing staying power and doesn't budge but I have oily complexion so after 4 hours, I have to spot check. But for ~$4 this product is my new go-to product for gel/cream lining.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Arisainwonderland

Best gel liner I have ever owned. I've tried L'oreal HIP, Wet N Wild, and Buxom but this beats them all hands down.

Essence gel liner comes in this nice little glass. The one I own is in black. I use a bent eyeliner for my top lids and a regular brow/eyeliner brush for my bottom lids. It goes on smoothly and with a little eye primer underneath IT STAYS PUT ALL DAY. All of my eyeliners tend to smudge on my lower lid, but even after several hours of walking in San Francisco there was no sign of smudging. A light dab of product is all you need, otherwise too much of it applied will cause it to flake. Product doesn't dry out in the jar like other gel liners do. Oh, and it's dirt cheap!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by adOrk_aBLe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great alternative to Mac's black track, but i feel this smears al over my eyelids within a couple hours ( i have oily lids). I'll try primer under next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by ishara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic!

Tried MAC, Revlon, Maybelline gel eyeliners and this comes up tops - brush and eyeliner. Midnight in Paris (black) 5 all the way, London Baby not so hot on my brown skin.

Thank you to all who reviewed before me, I have found my HG liner finally...thanks to your input.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by aimage

This eyeliner is good for people who are new to gel eyeliners like me. Mostly because of the price, it is extremely cheap and affordable. Although this is my first gel eyeliner I can't really compare to anything else but it is worth the money. I have oily eyelids and the eyeliner did smudge a tad on me but not drastically to the point where I have to touch up. I wore it out for at least 6 hours and combining the fact that I have oily eyelids and the hours I wore it out, I would consider this eyeliner to be pretty long lasting. The corners of my eyes are where it smudged on me but that is pretty normal for me. Considering the fact that eyeliners normally crease up on the outer corners of my eyes, this eyeliner holds up pretty well. When this eyeliner does smudge it smudges a tad out of where I originally place it. The colour is pigmented but I have seen better. Overall I am very pleased with this eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by fatimakhanxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It never smudges, Stays on for such a long time and the colour is so intense..The black one is amazing, but I'm not really a big fan of the gray one, it dries up and becomes all cracked up looking :/ but I would definitely recommend the black one :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very good liner for the price. I tried WnW's gel liner many years ago and hated it, so I was skeptical of a different $4 gel liner. However, Essence does not disappoint me as WnW did. I can't give this five lippies because it does run on me after a few hours. Otherwise, it is a great product, and probably a low-end HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Camuika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Was looking for a good gel eyeliner and came across the new essence booth at my local drugstore and heard pretty good reviews of the brand. And for that price?!? GRAB. I was very excited to try it. However, when i swatched it, i was very disappointed. Then i later realized why- i swatched TOO much product. It was too thick, hence it did not set properly and smudged everywhere. In fact, this product has such good PIGMENTATION, just one dip per eye is enough. It is a true, solid jet black.

Smudge proof? It held on pretty well, once i forgot i had this eyeliner on, i rubbed my eyes and then quickly took a look at the mirror. Not entirely smudge proof, but very MINIMAL SMUDGING. Therefore i'd say it's LONGLASTING.

Waterproof? Yes, when entire dry AND when it's not a thick layer- else it'll crumble.

Creamy? Yes. Very.

Easy to apply? From above, yes, creamy. But, this eyeliner can get onto your eyelashes pretty easily. I wouldn't be surprised if people started dipping spoolies into the pot and combed them on lashes. They made mine bold and thick.

Packaging- If you look carefully at the pot, it's not a lot of product. But it's fine, since gel eyeliner dries out pretty quickly and you're always set to buy a new one. And for the price? Totally okay. Glass packaging is really solid too.

Now, this is where i took 1 star off. REMOVING THIS THING IS SUCH A PAIN. My regular eye make up remover couldn't do the job, and i had to keep tugging. I have a few make up removers so i tried with different ones. In the end, i realized good old OLIVE OIL is the best for removing this! Simply dip a cotton bud in some and you'll find that the product just melts away. Also, because it dries pretty quick, it's another pain to clean your brushes as it just sticks together and it's clumpy gunk and all. A quick spot clean WILL NOT do the job. You'll have to deep clean it with soap and olive oil. I guess it's that hard to remove because of it's staying power. But overall, i highly recommend this. It can be really nice to apply. DON'T BOTHER with the essence gel eyeliner brush though. Too thick for an angled liner brush.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No