October 1, 2014 | 875 users online

Masks - GLAMGLOW - Mud Mask

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the clearing mask in the white packaging. I have acne prone sensitive, large pores, blackheads and some slight scarring. This mask just dried the heck out of my skin. I used it 7 times within 2 weeks and saw no results just overdried skin and irritated it. I am returning this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Ayashii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Please note this review is for the clearing treatment in the white packaging, as opposed to the original black.

I was intrigued by this product as soon as I saw it. Sure the name and packaging seem very gimmicky, but all the girls at my Sephora were raving about this. I grabbed a sample, and wow. This has been really helping with my monster hormonal acne flare up that has been on and off for about 2 years now. (seriously I've been trying everything!) I've used this as both a full face mask and a spot treatment. I personally find it works better as a mask. I use this at night and when I remove it my bumps have been reduced. When I wake up there is a noticeable difference. There is also a glow to my face. I actually enjoy the eucalyptus smell, it's relaxing. The only downside to this mask? The price! It's $70 Canadian for such a small jar. Because of the amazing effects this has had on my skin though, I will purchase the full size when my sample is finished.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This mask did nothing for my skin. I have pretty good skin that's normal-dry and not sensitive but I have decade-old blackheads on my nose and enlarged pores on my cheeks so I was hoping this mask would help those areas. All it did was burn my face and provide some rough exfolation when I washed it off. I used it three times in a couple of weeks, and it didn't improve my skin in the longterm or the short term. My pores weren't tightened, my skin wasn't brighter, but my face did look redder thanks to this mask. Totally overpriced and overhyped. An aspirin mask did more good for my skin than this tub of glorified mud.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ma263

I wanted to try this mask and really thought about it due to the price. I went to costco and saw it there for $45. I was very excited to try it at home. When I opened the plastic wrap a very strong perfume odor emanated (not horrible but strong). I did not mind the smell and put it on my face as directed. I stayed below the recommended time of 10 minutes. When I removed the mask I was very impressed as it did leave my skin glowing. After about 3 minutes I began to feel my face sort of burning and noticed a rash forming. It grew to smallish welts. I panicked and took two benedryl pills. It should go down by tomorrow but I am very disappointed. It will be returned.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by ashestoamour

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this last year after seeing it on AModelRecommends. I love clay masks, because they help dry out any spots I might have. I liked the tingly feel of the mask and the tightening effect. However, I found that the mask did not do that much for my skin. I felt that it didn't dry out my spots. Additionally, the flakes of seaweed in the mask just fell off, without doing anything. The other thing I didn't like was that the jar didn't close tightly, and so the mask dried out before I could use it all. I felt like this product was a complete waste of money. I have since tried the Serious Skincare Glycolic Gommage, and I much prefer the price, packaging, and results.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by gizmoesmom

Love this mask made my skin super soft refreshed and glowing! Can't say enough but love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Feya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

OK, I feel this product doesn't get the love it deserves :) What it is --great, really great mud mask with enough grit in it to exfoliate really well. Now, is it rough? Oh yes, very. I have a super oily skin that's not sensitive at all. For me this mask is Holy Grail, but someone who's skin is reactive, it can be a nightmare. So, keep in mind your skin needs, what your skin can or cannot take. Sephora will gladly provide samples, do give it a try.
Now, having said all that, the price is outrageous--you get a tiny jar of mud mask, which is incredible, but it's still just a mud mask. Not sure which ingredient justifies that high of a price.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by sikandria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Over hyped and over here,[UK] As soon as this was available on our shores i bought it eagarly after the endless positive reviews i had read.
Truly,this mask is nothing special,any basic cheap mud mask will get you the same results with probabl;y less irritation as it seems to be highly perfumed,if you have easily offended skin,i would advise to bypass this one.
Upon application this stung on my skin and felt like it was on fire,upon removal my skin was a little redder but nothing special to look at,i certainly didnt get no wow factor with it,just clean looking and feeling skin you could get with any mud mask.

IT is very expensive and no where worth the pricetag,would i repurchase
hell no.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by noleksyshyn

I originally saw this on "A Model Recommends" website, who is in fact a model, and is very knowledgable on skin products, as that's her industry. I've come to trust many of her recommendations, GlamGlow being one of them. It didn't hurt that I found it at TJ Maxx for $29. Quite frankly, I don't know if I would have paid $70 blindly, without reading any reviews/recommendations. My first thought after I spread this on my face was "it burns! it burns!" Very melodramatic. However, after the first minute or two, it stopped burning and started drying with a rather nice cooling affect. The grainy-ness of the volcanic stone was noticeable when I was washing the mask off, but I consider that a benefit, as it is also labeled an exfoliant. The results? AMAZING. I have paid good money in the past for products that while might have had all the right ingredients, didn't have the right ingredients for MY skin. This product not only made my skin feel good, there was a noticeably instant radiant, supple and tight effect. The noticeable results lasted for about two days, with some benefits lingering for 4-5. The results from one application did more good to my skin than some facials I've had in the past. If you're on the fence, my advice is to try to get a sample, or buy on discount somewhere, but definitely try it at least once! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2012 5:17:00 AM More reviews by angelvixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Disclaimer: Not for sensitive skin. Period.

I've used this for about a month now. I have oily/acne-prone/combination skin and feel that this mask can be extremely troublesome on acne skin. This product made me break out in areas I've never had acne before.

When applied, this mask is quite grainy in texture. The bits of green tea can be quite abrasive, so unless you're okay with harsh scrubbing action on your face, I'd use as a mask where you wipe off gently with a cloth and not as an exfoliant. One thing I actually did like about this product is the tingly, cooling feeling as the mask dried and how tight it made my skin, leaving you with that extremely "dried cement feeling that just won't budge" on your face.

Afterwards, my pores seemed smaller and my face looked brighter and felt firmer. Only temporarily. Somehow, after use, acne wants to invade the Glamglow party, irritating and breaking out in areas I've never ever had on my face before.

Touted as Hollywood's beauty secret weapon, in my opinion, this was super disappointing. This product is over-hyped and overpriced for less than mediocre results. I think any French clay deep sea mud mask would get you more stellar results.

UPDATE: This is the worst mud mask I've ever used. My skin did not respond well to this mask and I have the acne to prove it. I'm upset that for the amount of money I paid, I'm now looking into adult acne products to fix the damage this little pot of rubbish has caused.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No