September 21, 2014 | 1234 users online

Masks - GLAMGLOW - Mud Mask

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ma263

I wanted to try this mask and really thought about it due to the price. I went to costco and saw it there for $45. I was very excited to try it at home. When I opened the plastic wrap a very strong perfume odor emanated (not horrible but strong). I did not mind the smell and put it on my face as directed. I stayed below the recommended time of 10 minutes. When I removed the mask I was very impressed as it did leave my skin glowing. After about 3 minutes I began to feel my face sort of burning and noticed a rash forming. It grew to smallish welts. I panicked and took two benedryl pills. It should go down by tomorrow but I am very disappointed. It will be returned.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by ashestoamour

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this last year after seeing it on AModelRecommends. I love clay masks, because they help dry out any spots I might have. I liked the tingly feel of the mask and the tightening effect. However, I found that the mask did not do that much for my skin. I felt that it didn't dry out my spots. Additionally, the flakes of seaweed in the mask just fell off, without doing anything. The other thing I didn't like was that the jar didn't close tightly, and so the mask dried out before I could use it all. I felt like this product was a complete waste of money. I have since tried the Serious Skincare Glycolic Gommage, and I much prefer the price, packaging, and results.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by gizmoesmom

Love this mask made my skin super soft refreshed and glowing! Can't say enough but love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Feya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

OK, I feel this product doesn't get the love it deserves :) What it is --great, really great mud mask with enough grit in it to exfoliate really well. Now, is it rough? Oh yes, very. I have a super oily skin that's not sensitive at all. For me this mask is Holy Grail, but someone who's skin is reactive, it can be a nightmare. So, keep in mind your skin needs, what your skin can or cannot take. Sephora will gladly provide samples, do give it a try.
Now, having said all that, the price is outrageous--you get a tiny jar of mud mask, which is incredible, but it's still just a mud mask. Not sure which ingredient justifies that high of a price.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by sikandria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Over hyped and over here,[UK] As soon as this was available on our shores i bought it eagarly after the endless positive reviews i had read.
Truly,this mask is nothing special,any basic cheap mud mask will get you the same results with probabl;y less irritation as it seems to be highly perfumed,if you have easily offended skin,i would advise to bypass this one.
Upon application this stung on my skin and felt like it was on fire,upon removal my skin was a little redder but nothing special to look at,i certainly didnt get no wow factor with it,just clean looking and feeling skin you could get with any mud mask.

IT is very expensive and no where worth the pricetag,would i repurchase
hell no.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by noleksyshyn

I originally saw this on "A Model Recommends" website, who is in fact a model, and is very knowledgable on skin products, as that's her industry. I've come to trust many of her recommendations, GlamGlow being one of them. It didn't hurt that I found it at TJ Maxx for $29. Quite frankly, I don't know if I would have paid $70 blindly, without reading any reviews/recommendations. My first thought after I spread this on my face was "it burns! it burns!" Very melodramatic. However, after the first minute or two, it stopped burning and started drying with a rather nice cooling affect. The grainy-ness of the volcanic stone was noticeable when I was washing the mask off, but I consider that a benefit, as it is also labeled an exfoliant. The results? AMAZING. I have paid good money in the past for products that while might have had all the right ingredients, didn't have the right ingredients for MY skin. This product not only made my skin feel good, there was a noticeably instant radiant, supple and tight effect. The noticeable results lasted for about two days, with some benefits lingering for 4-5. The results from one application did more good to my skin than some facials I've had in the past. If you're on the fence, my advice is to try to get a sample, or buy on discount somewhere, but definitely try it at least once! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2012 5:17:00 AM More reviews by angelvixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Disclaimer: Not for sensitive skin. Period.

I've used this for about a month now. I have oily/acne-prone/combination skin and feel that this mask can be extremely troublesome on acne skin. This product made me break out in areas I've never had acne before.

When applied, this mask is quite grainy in texture. The bits of green tea can be quite abrasive, so unless you're okay with harsh scrubbing action on your face, I'd use as a mask where you wipe off gently with a cloth and not as an exfoliant. One thing I actually did like about this product is the tingly, cooling feeling as the mask dried and how tight it made my skin, leaving you with that extremely "dried cement feeling that just won't budge" on your face.

Afterwards, my pores seemed smaller and my face looked brighter and felt firmer. Only temporarily. Somehow, after use, acne wants to invade the Glamglow party, irritating and breaking out in areas I've never ever had on my face before.

Touted as Hollywood's beauty secret weapon, in my opinion, this was super disappointing. This product is over-hyped and overpriced for less than mediocre results. I think any French clay deep sea mud mask would get you more stellar results.

UPDATE: This is the worst mud mask I've ever used. My skin did not respond well to this mask and I have the acne to prove it. I'm upset that for the amount of money I paid, I'm now looking into adult acne products to fix the damage this little pot of rubbish has caused.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by milktoast24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Remember that annoying girl in school who thought she was a '10' but really was a '6', at best? And no one had the guts to say it to her face because she was so oblivious and self-absorbed? Well similarly, this is a mediocre clay-based mask that is a victim of its own overhyped "hollywood glam" marketing.

The product is overpriced for what it is. Glamglow has an aggressive marketing team who hustles like crazy which is why its so (over-)hyped up. They somehow got this product into all W hotels, so you are inclined to purchase it in your hotel room. $25 for a sample-sized jar. Ridiculous. I saw it in the hotel bathroom when I was on vacation, and couldn't believe it.

Upon opening, first thing you notice is the strong scent of artificial green tea. The package promotes green tea in the formula, and yeah, there are bits of leaves in the jar, but then why load it up with a highly fake, non-green-tea-smelling artificial fragrance unless you have something to hide? I grew up drinking green tea. It should NOT smell like sickly sweet Elizabeth Arden Green Tea perfume (which this mask does). Further inspecting the ingredient listing, "fragrance" is listed, instead of natural essential oils--which is what most high-end masks should use these days.

Glamglow totally irritates sensitive skin or delicate skin b/c its loaded with pumice bits and scrubbers (yes, PUMICE = the stuff you use to scrub your foot calluses, which Glamglow lovingly calls "volcanic rock") that act as an exfoliator once the mask is dry. Upon rinsing, the pumice was so scratchy and i could feel it creating microtears in my acne-prone skin. The mask dries quickly but the clay is embedded with pumice so it's impossible to wash off without literally *scouring* your face. (shudder)

Next, it is loaded with a methyl salicylate or menthol type of tingle. The sensation, if you have sensitive, red, irritated, or acne-prone skin, can be very painful and stinging. i find that masks which add the "tingle" do so in order to warrant a "feeling of action" that their product works. If the product really worked to purify and synthesize collagen (seriously --that's what they claim), then you wouldn't need to add gimmicks to fool people.

Not only that, but Glamglow has been spamming the boards on MUA and who knows where else. I wrote a post on the *cosmetic procedures* board about enlarged pores and rec's for derm treatments--guess what? got spammed with "try Glamglow!!" post written by an obvious shill. Seriously? Do you really think we are that naive? The message was removed by the MUA police, thank God. This leaves a bad taste in my mouth and says a LOT about the company.

If you have sensitive, delicate, dry, irritated, acne-prone or reddened skin, I do not recommend.

If you have tough-as-nails oily skin, you can use this, but why fall for the hype when there are so many other mud masks out there at a better price with better ingredients?

59 out of 66 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was in Neiman Marcus last week purchasing a new moisturizer, when the sales associate told me about a new product called GLAMGLOW Mud Mask and how it was a terrific treatment for the face ....... it contains volcanic rock, french sea clay and green tea leaf pieces ..... I just let him go on telling me about the product, but after telling me that he uses it regulary, I had to admit that he had great skin ...... I was offered two sample tubes and after using them, I was pretty pleased with the results ...... you basically rub the mask on and let it get hard (it really hardens,) then add water and rub in a circular motion for exfoliation and then completely rinse off ...... I was surprised at how smooth and soft my face felt ........ I was really happy with my sample, that I immediately placed an order the very next day ...... this mask is very pricey at $69, however, today after I did a second treatment, I can see the difference in my skin and so it is well worth the price ...... I received my samples at Neiman Marcus, however, I ordered the full size at GLAMGLOW's website. This is a great mask. UPDATE: Have now used this three times (twice per week) and my discolorations look a bit better ...... I highly recommend this product!!!!!!!
UPDATE 2: Have used this twice weekly and am extremely happy ... my face looks clear and smooth ..... this product is also very long lasting ..... only a small amount is needed and I still haven't put a dent into my jar (very cost-effective.)