November 27, 2014 | 1504 users online

Masks - GLAMGLOW - Mud Mask

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for the mask in the black jar. Hmmm gonna go ahead n sum it up. I think a battery acid mask followed by a good sand blasting may have been more comfortable. My skin is not sensitive in the least, and this product still burnt and stung almost unbearably for a good 5 minutes. The "tingle" in the product description didn't feel very tingly to me! It was downright painful. I toughed it out, thinking I was just being a wuss, but it truly wasn't worth it. The gals at Sephora push this stuff like crazy so I thought I couldn't go wrong, but I'm SO glad I only bought the trial size instead of dropping $70 bucks on the full size. I even used it a number of times in order to properly test it...but every time I ended up with dry uncomfortably tight skin that took two days of babying to get properly rehydrated. Did I glow afterward? Sure....but think about it. Anytime you shock or traumatize your skin (ie, burn it, slap it, whatever) it "glows". It was more the body's reaction to damage than "healthy glow". But hey, that's the premise behind DermaRoller, Dermabrasion, and a ton of other treatments...so if you're into that sort of thing, you may be on board with this product (ok I was being sarcastic...I'm NOT comparing results or even treatments...simply stating that some treatments, in fact, damage the skin purposely in order to cause it to go into "healing mode" and regenerate. Those treatments are done by trained professionals in a sterile environment. This mask will NOT produce the results of the treatments I mentioned, nor is it even on the same spectrum...just trying to get a point across.) The exfoliating agent is horribly coarse and jagged, and if you do your skincare research, you'll find that type of texture isn't optimal for safe, non damaging exfoliation. They stuck chunks of green tea leaves in it, made it smell amazing, and basically gimicked the heck out of this product....and the advertising fluff is working because its flying off shelves. I'm just not sold. It's rare that I give something a totally scathing review, but I find it appalling that people are being charged this much for a quirky gimick. I've gotten much better results from WAY less harsh products that were far better quality...thumbs soooo far down. :(

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by redcometdust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used both the masks for acne prone skin and for anti-aging. I love the mask that's for acne prone skin because it's a lot thicker than the regular mask in the black jar. I usually leave mine on for a good 30 minutes and then rinse off with warm water. My skin feels a bit smoother and it just glows afterward! I follow it up right away with moisturizer--either jojoba, argan, or marula oil--because it can be a very drying mask. The anti-aging mask is great (the black jar) if you want a good scrub after leaving the mask sit. It's got a lot more grit to it than the stuff in the white jar. I suggest following that one up with moisturizer as well.

I don't use this mask very often because there isn't a whole lot of product in the jar for $70, so I tend to use it as a spot treatment rather than an all-over mask. I think you can get one good all-over mask out of it and then spot treat with the rest of the product until it's gone. It's a good way to make it last and feel like you've got your money's worth. I'm hesitant to buy again simply because of the product/dollar ratio. I love this mask, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by SmellsLikeChanel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

There are two versions of this mask- One is a clarifying one for oily/acne prone skin, and one is a more revitalizing kind of thing... I got the latter, since I'm dry and NOT acne prone... It really doesn't DO much, like everyone else is saying :( However, when you have it on your face, it is such a wonderful sensory experience! There are like, chunks of basil-looking herbs and weeds all blended in this stuff, so yeah, you have chunky things hanging off of your face, and once it's washed off, there's no amazing difference... Maybe some slight glow from a deep cleansing, but the only great thing would be how lovely this stuff smells- it's like fresh picked lavender was mushed into this formula. I don't know. But I'm not sure how they think they can charge as much as they do for this mediocre stuff. Ah, well, it was nice to try it out... Won't re-purchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

The last time I checked the reviews, they were pretty good, and I actually forgot about this. I purchased it quite a while ago, before there were any reviews of it at all. First, I can tell you that it didn't do a blessed thing for my skin, except perhaps irritate it due to the scratchy texture. It also looks weird on--with all of the seaweed hanging off of my face, I looked like a deep sea creature from a horror movie. It is very messy. Not only that, it dried up. I tried to revive it by adding warm water, but the results are so unimpressive I just had to admit I wasted my money and time and I threw it out.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by miranduh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best $69 I have EVER spent on my skin! I was hesitant, but after hearing glowing reviews (no pun intended!) I had to try a sample at Sephora... and seriously, I was addicted from the start. No mask has EVER done what GlamGlow does for my skin. It literally glows after I rinse it off and apply moisturizer. I look poreless, fine lineless, etc... just amazing. I have oily/combo skin and use Dermalogica products to keep breakouts at bay, but this... this is the ticket to radiant skin. I would much rather spend $69 on a jar of mask I can use many times than $60 for a facial that gives results for a week at best. Buy it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by lulu2222

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for the GlamGlow Super Mud in the white jar. I was so impressed by a newspaper review that I bought the product at Sephora. I applied it to my senior citizen dry thin skin and washed it off after 15 minutes. I did not look radiant - as the jar indicated I would. The product is very very drying. I did not experience any redness or soreness - just dried out forehead and cheek skin. However, I have found a good reason to use it - on the sides of my nose where I have always been bothered by the sight of pores. Every seven days, I apply it only to the sides of my nose, leave it on for 15 minutes, wash it off and dry my nose. The I wrap a facial tissue around one of my fingers and run it over the sides of my nose. Yellow glop comes out on the tissue. My nose then looks like it has no pores. At this rate, the jar will last me a long long time so I did not rate it as expensive.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ECLion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a sample in a Sephora order and was excited to try it since the mask I had previously been using was almost out. It said for all skin types, so I didn't worry too much about trying it on my dry, sensitive skin. Not a good idea. This burned my skin and left it red and angry after less than 30 seconds on my face. I had a big blistery patch on my cheek the next morning. Sensitive skin beware!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the clearing mask in the white packaging. I have acne prone sensitive, large pores, blackheads and some slight scarring. This mask just dried the heck out of my skin. I used it 7 times within 2 weeks and saw no results just overdried skin and irritated it. I am returning this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Ayashii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Please note this review is for the clearing treatment in the white packaging, as opposed to the original black.

I was intrigued by this product as soon as I saw it. Sure the name and packaging seem very gimmicky, but all the girls at my Sephora were raving about this. I grabbed a sample, and wow. This has been really helping with my monster hormonal acne flare up that has been on and off for about 2 years now. (seriously I've been trying everything!) I've used this as both a full face mask and a spot treatment. I personally find it works better as a mask. I use this at night and when I remove it my bumps have been reduced. When I wake up there is a noticeable difference. There is also a glow to my face. I actually enjoy the eucalyptus smell, it's relaxing. The only downside to this mask? The price! It's $70 Canadian for such a small jar. Because of the amazing effects this has had on my skin though, I will purchase the full size when my sample is finished.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This mask did nothing for my skin. I have pretty good skin that's normal-dry and not sensitive but I have decade-old blackheads on my nose and enlarged pores on my cheeks so I was hoping this mask would help those areas. All it did was burn my face and provide some rough exfolation when I washed it off. I used it three times in a couple of weeks, and it didn't improve my skin in the longterm or the short term. My pores weren't tightened, my skin wasn't brighter, but my face did look redder thanks to this mask. Totally overpriced and overhyped. An aspirin mask did more good for my skin than this tub of glorified mud.