GLAMGLOW Mud Mask

3.2

Aqua (Water), Montmorillonite (Volcanic Minerals), Kaolin (French Sea Clay), Magnesium Aluminium Silicate (Purified Clay), Polyethylene, Pumice (Micro Volcanic Rock), Camellia Sinesis Leef (Green Tea Leef), Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract (Green Tee), Chamomilla Recutica Flower Extract (Chamomile), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Marigold), Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Hedara Helix Extract (Ivy), Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract (Comfrey Herb), Lavandula Hybrida Oil (Lavender), Glycerin (Vegetable), Parfum, [Benxyl Benzonate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool], Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Prpylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.

on 6/27/2013 11:16:00 AM

This stuff is EXPENSIVE, but amazing! I have the white and the black. I'll review each separately.

GLAMGLOW Super‑Mud Clearing Treatment (white package). First off the packaging is really nice! It's a steel tub that I plan on using for samples when I travel after I run out. Let's get to the good stuff. This mask has a pore matrix technology to pull impurities from your pores like a vacuum. You know why this mask is amazing? Because it works and you can SEE the results as they are happening! The mask goes on dark gray, then dries green. Where the impurites are pulled out you can see dark green spots. I had a lot of dark green spots on my nose and chin and a few on my forehead. That's where I'm oiliest for sure!

The price is intimidating but you can use it to spot treat and it will last a long time! I had a cystic pimple coming up on my chin. I used this mask on it and it completely dried light green except for the dot right over the pimple! Talk about instant gratification! Knowing something came out of that was amazing! I used it everyday for three days and the cyst never got bigger and went completely away in 3 days! That's unheard of for me. They usually last a week or more!

You only need a thin layer so a little goes a long way.

Now for the GLAMGLOW Tingling & Exfoliating Mud Mask (Black ). I don't like this one as much as the other but it's really close! This one smells minty and is also dark gray with small granules of pumice and tea leaves. You put it on and after 10 minutes wash it off. This mask makes my face softer than anything ever has. I couldn't stop touching my cheeks because they were so smooth! I use this once a week so like the other mask it should last a while. You can buy a sample of this one for $19 at Sephora. I hate to compare it to the white tub since they do different things so I will say this is the best exfoliating mask I've ever used, while the white is the best for clearing up blemishes and pore cleaning.

I don't regret the purchases at all and would definitely buy again!

I got the black one in sampler tube. I feel somewhat drawn to it as it feels so deeply cleansing, but also a little bit perturbed by how scratchy it is to take off with all the bits of pumice (I think) in it. I'm not even sure that my skin looks much different than from using a normal clay mask or even an exfoliator followed by mask combo. And definitely not as good as when I do a mask then add a dose of Origins Drink Up Overnight mask. It's good, but not that good.

Absolutely loved this product! Bought something from Sephora and got a free sample of this too. After I used this my skin felt amazing and I literally looked like I was glowing. Love, love, love this product. I would definitley recommend it.

on 6/21/2013 11:21:00 PM

This is for the one in the black jar. I love this stuff. First time I used it it tingled an alarming amount but I left it on. We great results. I've used it about 8 times now and love love it. It clears the pores so well. Makes my skin feel great for a few days afterwards too. It's pricey but damn I love it. I think it's cheaper than a facial at the spa once a week and this makes your skin feel like you had a high end facial
I leave it on 5-10 minutes and exfoliate it off gently.
Update - I am down to about 3-4 uses in my jar and it really dries out. I even had left the seal on under the lid. A tube would be much better for this product.

on 6/21/2013 3:34:00 PM

The review I'm writing is for the glamglow clearing treatment mud mask. The one that comes in the white packaging. I've been using this for only 2 weeks now after a lady at a beauty counter in selfridges sold it to me. I never really buy into these beauty fads and have a very simple all natural skin care routine. However I walked in looking for a liquid exfoliant for my acne prone skin. Although my acne has all cleared up I suffer from dry skin which tends to block pores and has resulted in an unsmooth appearance all over. She recommended the mask because of the acids it contains and its strange pore extraction ingredient.

Anyways after the first use I absolutely loved it. It tingled slightly but that made me feel like it was working away at the dead skin, when the mask starts to dry you then see loads of little dark 'dots' where you have large blocked pores/spots, apparently this is due to the pore extraction ingredient that pulls all the dirt out of your pores into the mud. After rinsing my face was silky smooth and a lot brighter, my pores were much smaller and face less red where I have hyperpigmentation from my acne scars. I use this mask 3 times a week and when I run out I'd definitely buy it again.

I'm always very skeptical of trying out new products due to the sensitivity of my skin and I've tried mud masks in the past that have dried me out and actually blocked pores but I really do love this one. Only downside is the price. Quite pricey at fourty pounds for such a tiny tub. But well worth it.

on 5/17/2013 10:02:00 PM

This mask has some lovely qualities. The mask dries quickly and has exfoliating qualities when you remove it. I do experience tingling with it, which boarders on uncomfortable so I only use it on my nose which I have no problem with. However the price is way to high for what it does, or well....doesn't do. This will not transform your skin or cure your skin woes. If you have VERYsensitive skin, skip it. Over all, an okay face mask that is way over priced.

on 5/17/2013 1:19:00 AM

I have very oily skin with blackheads that pop up around my nose and on my chin. I splurged on this and am glad I did. I use it 2-3 times a week and my face after about a month of use is completely clear of blackheads and rough patches. I have my glowing skin back. The only thing I hate about is the big chunks of tea leaves in it. They flake off as you are trying to apply the mask to your face and it is very annoying. I will definitely continue to purchase.

on 4/30/2013 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Review is for the one in the black jar. Paid almost $20 for a tub the size of an eye cream. Supposed to be tingling and exfoliating....um no. Noticed neither. Basically this is an expensive mask that doesn't do anything more than any other clay mask does. Does my skin look better after? Kind of. But it does after I use something from Queen Helene or the like for a fraction of the price. And those masks don't leave weird pieces of green stuff all over my face and sink. I looked like a head of romaine lettuce exploded all over me. Will I buy this again? No way. Sorry I was suckered into buying it in the first place.

Purchased this product in the white pot, and all I have to say is that it is fantastic! Literally sucks the oil out of your skin helping it feel soft, clean and smooth. I wouldn't recommend it for those who have extremely sensitive skin, as it can irritate it slightly but it does really clean your pores. Minimizes their appearance, too! Highly, highly recommended.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this in the white jar, blown away by how good my skin looks after 2 uses! I'd suffered an allergic reaction to a well known HD foundation and struggled for a couple of months to get my skin back to how it was. This stuff is an amazing blend of acids and clays. Completely different to the usual mud mask in terms of the complexity of ingredients, I thought it may be too harsh for my skin but I didn't even get a tingly feeling from this. It's really powerful but gentle. My scars have faded and blackheads have significantly reduced. Skin is smooth and glowy. My only gripe is the size of the packaging compared to the jar, a little misleading but I won't let that put me off repurchasing.

Popular Masks