GLAMGLOW Mud Mask

3.2

Aqua (Water), Montmorillonite (Volcanic Minerals), Kaolin (French Sea Clay), Magnesium Aluminium Silicate (Purified Clay), Polyethylene, Pumice (Micro Volcanic Rock), Camellia Sinesis Leef (Green Tea Leef), Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract (Green Tee), Chamomilla Recutica Flower Extract (Chamomile), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Marigold), Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Hedara Helix Extract (Ivy), Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract (Comfrey Herb), Lavandula Hybrida Oil (Lavender), Glycerin (Vegetable), Parfum, [Benxyl Benzonate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool], Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Prpylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.

on 7/23/2013 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is a review for the white jar, their acne-clearing mask. First things first. This is expensive. Really, really expensive. There are a ton of really good masks out there, and it's very likely that this one might not be worth the price for you.

With that out of the way, I have had nothing but really great experiences with this mask. First, the box is GORGEOUS. It's a nice little treat for yourself to open up the box, which is always a nice touch. It is in a jar, but I don't really see how it could be packaged differently. I definitely suggest using a spatula if you are worried about germs transferring. The product definitely looks like it's mud--no pretty, clean white clay masks here. it's grey and fairly thin in consistency, with some things floating in it (unclear to me what they are). It's a little messy to put on, but you only need a thin layer of it. If you have sensitive skin, you need to know that this TINGLES. You will feel it, which is something that I personally like but that I know a lot of other people will probably hate. Immediately after washing it off, my skin feels so soft and just glows. It's awesome. After consistent use once a week for a few months, I have definitely seen it help in drying up breakouts and de-gunking blackheads.

This product worked for me. I can definitely see feeling the other way about it, though, and would highly, highly recommend getting yourself a sample before you commit to the entire thing. But I think that it is absolutely worth a try if your skin is looking a little dull or you are having problems with acne. I am most likely going to repurchase, unless I come across something in the meantime that is cheaper but gives me similar results. I view this as my luxury spa-night type splurge, not necessarily a use-every-other-night, long-haul treatment.

on 7/19/2013 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the black mud a month or so ago and I absolutely love it. I have really sensitive skin and am always dealing with active acne. This mask stung like crazy when I first used it, I thought for sure I was having an allergic reaction and was going to wash it off. The burning stung did subside after a few minutes and I haven't experienced it since. After washing it off, my face was the smoothest it has ever been, including after oxygen facials. With using it twice a week over the last month, my breakouts are much much fewer, and my horrible scarring is still visible but is a bit improved. I will buy this again, even though it is horribly over priced. I out it on as thin as I can possibly get it, so when they say you should get at least 18 full masks out of the jar, it really is possible! Love it, and definitely recommend it! If you are able to start with just a sample, that would be a great way to not have to put out he money for a product you may not love as much as I do :)

on 7/14/2013 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is so over hyped. It was good but not great. It really didn't do anything to me more that give my face a good scrub. Very expensive for the amount you get:(

on 7/11/2013 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Ouch! Not the mask for me. I tried a sample in the hopes that it would clear up some blocked pores that other mud masks just can't get, but whether it works or not the pain is just not worth it for dry/delicate skin. If you need to tea tree the s**t out of your face, however, this might be a go. Of course, you could just spring for a $6 bottle of generic tea tree oil, but where's the fun - and pumice - in that?

The stinging is unbearable for someone not used to tea tree oil. I can tolerate some relatively high concentrations of salicylic/glycolic/lactic acids, as well as many botanicals, but I just can't take the burn that menthol, camphor, and apparently tea tree oil leave behind.

Not thrilled with the use of fragrance in this. It's way too expensive for that.

I didn't dare scrub it off to remove it - I had no intention of using "circular motions all over my face" as the directions suggested, so I just rinsed it off gently in the shower. I don't have any acne but I can't imagine scrubbing raw, irritated skin with this stuff. It may work for those of you with clear skin that's very oily and cloggy, or for those who just love tea tree oil, but for the rest of us, it might be better to pass on this expensive punishment.

Edit: I ONLY used this as a spot treatment on my chin, definitely not on my whole face. It worked to remove a couple clogs but again, not worth it.

on 6/27/2013 11:16:00 AM

This stuff is EXPENSIVE, but amazing! I have the white and the black. I'll review each separately.

GLAMGLOW Super‑Mud Clearing Treatment (white package). First off the packaging is really nice! It's a steel tub that I plan on using for samples when I travel after I run out. Let's get to the good stuff. This mask has a pore matrix technology to pull impurities from your pores like a vacuum. You know why this mask is amazing? Because it works and you can SEE the results as they are happening! The mask goes on dark gray, then dries green. Where the impurites are pulled out you can see dark green spots. I had a lot of dark green spots on my nose and chin and a few on my forehead. That's where I'm oiliest for sure!

The price is intimidating but you can use it to spot treat and it will last a long time! I had a cystic pimple coming up on my chin. I used this mask on it and it completely dried light green except for the dot right over the pimple! Talk about instant gratification! Knowing something came out of that was amazing! I used it everyday for three days and the cyst never got bigger and went completely away in 3 days! That's unheard of for me. They usually last a week or more!

You only need a thin layer so a little goes a long way.

Now for the GLAMGLOW Tingling & Exfoliating Mud Mask (Black ). I don't like this one as much as the other but it's really close! This one smells minty and is also dark gray with small granules of pumice and tea leaves. You put it on and after 10 minutes wash it off. This mask makes my face softer than anything ever has. I couldn't stop touching my cheeks because they were so smooth! I use this once a week so like the other mask it should last a while. You can buy a sample of this one for $19 at Sephora. I hate to compare it to the white tub since they do different things so I will say this is the best exfoliating mask I've ever used, while the white is the best for clearing up blemishes and pore cleaning.

I don't regret the purchases at all and would definitely buy again!

I got the black one in sampler tube. I feel somewhat drawn to it as it feels so deeply cleansing, but also a little bit perturbed by how scratchy it is to take off with all the bits of pumice (I think) in it. I'm not even sure that my skin looks much different than from using a normal clay mask or even an exfoliator followed by mask combo. And definitely not as good as when I do a mask then add a dose of Origins Drink Up Overnight mask. It's good, but not that good.

Absolutely loved this product! Bought something from Sephora and got a free sample of this too. After I used this my skin felt amazing and I literally looked like I was glowing. Love, love, love this product. I would definitley recommend it.

on 6/21/2013 11:21:00 PM

This is for the one in the black jar. I love this stuff. First time I used it it tingled an alarming amount but I left it on. We great results. I've used it about 8 times now and love love it. It clears the pores so well. Makes my skin feel great for a few days afterwards too. It's pricey but damn I love it. I think it's cheaper than a facial at the spa once a week and this makes your skin feel like you had a high end facial
I leave it on 5-10 minutes and exfoliate it off gently.
Update - I am down to about 3-4 uses in my jar and it really dries out. I even had left the seal on under the lid. A tube would be much better for this product.

on 6/21/2013 3:34:00 PM

The review I'm writing is for the glamglow clearing treatment mud mask. The one that comes in the white packaging. I've been using this for only 2 weeks now after a lady at a beauty counter in selfridges sold it to me. I never really buy into these beauty fads and have a very simple all natural skin care routine. However I walked in looking for a liquid exfoliant for my acne prone skin. Although my acne has all cleared up I suffer from dry skin which tends to block pores and has resulted in an unsmooth appearance all over. She recommended the mask because of the acids it contains and its strange pore extraction ingredient.

Anyways after the first use I absolutely loved it. It tingled slightly but that made me feel like it was working away at the dead skin, when the mask starts to dry you then see loads of little dark 'dots' where you have large blocked pores/spots, apparently this is due to the pore extraction ingredient that pulls all the dirt out of your pores into the mud. After rinsing my face was silky smooth and a lot brighter, my pores were much smaller and face less red where I have hyperpigmentation from my acne scars. I use this mask 3 times a week and when I run out I'd definitely buy it again.

I'm always very skeptical of trying out new products due to the sensitivity of my skin and I've tried mud masks in the past that have dried me out and actually blocked pores but I really do love this one. Only downside is the price. Quite pricey at fourty pounds for such a tiny tub. But well worth it.

on 5/17/2013 10:02:00 PM

This mask has some lovely qualities. The mask dries quickly and has exfoliating qualities when you remove it. I do experience tingling with it, which boarders on uncomfortable so I only use it on my nose which I have no problem with. However the price is way to high for what it does, or well....doesn't do. This will not transform your skin or cure your skin woes. If you have VERYsensitive skin, skip it. Over all, an okay face mask that is way over priced.

Popular Masks