Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Polybutene , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Octyldodecanol , PETROLATUM, Hydrogenated Polydecene , Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate , Jojoba , Polyethylene , Ozokerite , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Beeswax, Zinc Ricinoleate , Squalane , Silica , Shea Butter , Butter Mango , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, Coconut Oily, Synthetic Wax , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance , BHT , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2 Hexanediol , May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI,77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) , Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) , Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) , Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

This is a review for the Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting.
Given my previous good luck with another Lip Butter in Candy Apple, I decided to go ahead and purchase another one, hopefully in a lighter shade, and this is the one I picked.
I did not have major issues with Sugar Frosting, but it wasn't quite perfect either. Firstly, the color; I did like the color. It looked like a more neutral pink in the tube, and applied on my lips as a very sheer color, which was great. It made my lips look just a hint more pink, and it's a very flattering shade. Although it may look very frosty, it's really not- it didn't make my lips look much lighter than they were.
I love the way that this (and my other Lip Butter) feels on my lips; I don't know if it's truly moisturizing, but it definitely isn't dry! It doesn't dry or crack my lips in any way, and feels like a lip balm. Meanwhile, the color stays on my lips and actually has a bit of a clear sheen to it, which gives my lips a plumping effect. It's very easy to apply; Lip Butters are very soft lip products and never tug, and mine have not dried up yet! They're pretty forgiving about being put on in a rush or if you don't do the most accurate job of putting them on, so that's really nice.
In terms of staying power, I'm 50/50 on this; when you're in warm weather and don't bring anything up to your mouth, the Lip Butter will stay just as pleasant and moisturizing as when you put it on, and it'll stay that way for several hours at a time! However, it's easy to wipe off, and doesn't last through any eating sessions, and cold/windy weather does make it dry on your lips. In my experience, it all depended on the weather. It's not really supposed to be a long wearing product anyway, so I wasn't really expecting a ton in that department.
I bought both my Lip Butters for about $8-9, so that's not a terrible price tag, but it's still a bit more in the pricier range for drugstore. You also do not get a whole lot of product; enough to last for a while, but not the most, either. Overall, I like the Lip Butters that I own, and I recommend these to anyone who is looking for something sheer and wearable and moisturizing! :)

on 8/31/2013 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this product. I have Gumdrop, Sweet Tart and Sugar Plum. They give me just the right color and shine I need. About the staying power, well it depends from one person to another. If you talk a lot and drink a lot it stays for up to 4 hours. But if you're like me who just sit around and listen to professors all day, it lasts up to 8 hours max. :D

on 8/23/2013 4:24:00 PM

Sheer tints of pretty colours like a lip gloss, but moisturizing like a balm, not sticky. They feel really nice on the lips, not drying. Sheer enough that you can add more without a mirror, lol. Even after the gloss is gone, there is still some colour. I haven't had any colour bleeding with the 5 colours I bought. Peach Parfait and Pink Truffle are my favourites. They're nudes, but prettier. Bought on sale for $4.97 CDN, they were a very good buy.

on 8/22/2013 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I live in Romania and I can't find these anywhere. A few months ago I went to France and there I found and bought my first Revlon Lip Butter, in Pink Truffle.

I expected a lot from this lip product because of its price (16 euros, which means 21 dollars). I like it actually, but I regret paying so much money on it, I don't think it's worth it.
I read that in the US these lip butters only cost around 6$. At this price, I really want to try more shades. But for now, I can't help but be a little bit disappointed.

on 8/18/2013 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is a great lip product. I have tried a few shades but always return to my 'pink truffle'. I think I am on my 4th tube of it! It's very moisturizing and the shade isn't too harsh- just the right amount of shine and color!

on 8/17/2013 12:26:00 PM

I love these. I bought cotton candy. Its a very pale pink but not to pale where it makes u looks dead. In cotton candy there is a little but of shimmer. Which is perfect for my age. They are very moisturizing which i love. On my lips i feel like they leave a little bit of a stain as well which isnt a bad thing in my opinion. Would definetely buy again

on 8/17/2013 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

i love this product

on 8/15/2013 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Revlon lip butters are my HG lip product.

I have very sensitive skin and for some reason most lipsticks and lip balms make my lips peel and it feels raw and sore for a day or two. :( This goes for drugstore AND high-end brands. I've pretty much worn only Vaseline for years, with maybe an odd lip balm or two for colour but not very often.

While I tend to avoid buying lip products, I gave this one a try during a sale. I was AMAZED that this didn't cause me any problems! I can finally wear some colour on my lips! :D My first lip butter was Raspberry Pie. It glides on smoothly and doesn't feel drying at all and the colour is sheer, but can be built up.

My ONLY problem is that the staying power is maybe around 3-4 hours (for me, anyway). But otherwise, this is an amazing product that I will buy again and again. :)

on 8/13/2013 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

okay this is weird.
I have most of the colors from this collection and feel that even though I do enjoy several shades, I'm not amazed at the performance of these overall.
first, they tend to bleed and spply unevenly because they are so buttery. this also means lasting time is an hour tops before I have to reapply. but when I do, the ptoduct dries up my lips and I get flakes. yuck.
the nude color creme brulee is actually pretty opaque, and I enjoy tutti fruitti and candy apple. the rest, the light pinks, won't do much to astound.
now I'm just thinking of a way to use then up or get rid of them but can only bring myself to store them as backup in my purses to layer over lipstick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I ADORE Revlon's Just Bitten line, so I thought I'd give these a shot as well. They feel like a cross between a lipstick and a lip balm. They last longer than a lip gloss but less than a lipstick or stain; I usually reapply every few hours, and definitely after eating.

Pros:
-heavenly vanilla scent
-packaging and feel seem more high end (much better overall first impression than, say, Wet 'n' Wild)
-applies like butter (as the name suggests), but not in an overly greasy way... very smooth and will not dry out over time, although I've never had a problem with dry lips
-color: I can only attest to Peach Parfait, but it's a gorgeous medium-dark pink with a hint of shimmer; very close to my actual lip color

Cons:
-again, I'm not blown away with the staying power
-I paid $8 which is pretty steep for a drugstore lip product

Other than that, I really enjoy this in Peach Parfait, even though I wish it wasn't so close to my natural lip color, as I was looking for more of a coloring balm and less of a nude one. However I enjoy pulling this out and applying it, because the packaging just makes me feel like a 20th century Parisian woman. :)

Popular Lipsticks