November 28, 2014 | 1435 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Sheer Blonde Highlighting Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2005 4:42:00 PM More reviews by angela5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this shampoo many times and each time the smell reminds me of old school Aqua Net. It leaves my hair very dry, I usually use it when I plan to use a conditioning treatment otherwise blowing out my hair is torture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2005 10:25:00 AM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product! Makes my blonde come out more does bring out more highlights! Love the smell of the shampoo!! GREAT STUFF!! I also finish with the Sheer blonde highlighting conditioner and its wonderful too!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2005 3:41:00 PM More reviews by ChanelChic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this stuff. Being a blonde, it really brings out my true hair color in a beautiful and not fake way. I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2005 6:52:00 PM More reviews by ohsopretty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think the packaging is what sucked me in - being a "new" blond I thought I should buy it to enhance my color, but it did not do a darn thing except make my hair more unmanageable.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2005 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Delinit

Ok, I've got really mixed feelings about this shampoo. Yes, my hair does seem a slightly lighter shade whenever I use it, but I have also noticed a few more hairs in the brush. I have a feeling this may cause some hairs loss. I really don't trust it eighter. It says it's a new, gentler formula, and it does say in the ingredients that it only contains the detergent TEA-lauryl sulfate which is after what I've heard supposed to be gentle on your hair but a bit irritating to your scalp (please anyone correct me if I'm wrong). I've also heard TEA-lauryl sulfate supposedly doesn't lather very well. But: This shampoo does. It lathers even more than other shampoos I've tried that contains both TEA-lauryl sulfate AND sodium laureth sulfate. in fact, it lathers just as well as a shampoo using a super-harsh detergent like ammonium lauryl sulfate. Keep in mind I'm no expert in chemistry. In other words, you shouldn't take my word on it. But I can't deny that I'm a bit sceptical. Overall i like the product and how it makes my hair look, but it hasn't got the extra rich feeling you get from high-end shampoos. No "repairing" or protective abilities. Not for everyday use. After some days/weeks of daily use, your hair will feel like it needs some treatment. No serious damage, but enough to make you switch to a gentler product for a while (especially if your hair is long/colortreated).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2004 8:13:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Love the shampoo on my thick/medium length/higlighted hair...keeps my highlights SHINY, and VIBRANT If I use a different shampoo for a week and then go back to this one I definately see the difference!! Everyone always asks me how I keep my blonde hair so clean without any yellow tones or brassiness. Since I highlight my hair about 5x a year I need to maintain my highlights. I use the conditioner with the shampoo as well. THANK U JF

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2004 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Vicki82

I've used the Highlighting shampoo and conditioner for a while but gave up after a few years. It's good but not worth the amount it costs here in the UK. I've tried loads of Highlight shampoo's, this one is ok but does make my hair feel rather heavy.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2004 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Sarahrae21

I think it helps remove brassy tones a little bit, no major result. But it does dry your hair out over time. It gets an okay, nuthin special!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2004 7:00:00 PM More reviews by satin828

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It does brighten blonde hair but it absolutely doesn't add any highlights whatsoever. The shampoo tends to dry out my hair too. It also smells weird.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2004 12:40:00 AM More reviews by TXIRISH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I rebuy this stuff constantly. Really helps bring out my hightlights and boosts my overall color. I use both formulas, the one for lighter tones in the summer when I highlight my hair and the darker formula when I back to my natural shade (dark ash blonde). They have a moisture rich formula for those with dry hair, though the original formula works for my normal hair. Though I like testing out different brands, I always come back to this.