Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50%, Octisalate 4.00%, Zinc Oxide 3.50%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titaniium Dioxide 1.1.0% water, dimethicone, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, pentylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, behenyl alcofol, trioctyldodecyl citrate, polymethylsilsesquioxane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, PEG-40 stearate, polyglyceryl -10 pentastearate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, Hordeum vulgare (barley extract), extract d'orge, Triticum Vulgare (wheat germm extract), Laminaria saccharina extract, Linoleic Acid, Oryzanol, cholesterol, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, Polyquaternium-51, lecithin, Sodium stearoyl lactylate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Sodium PCA, Isopropyl titanium triisostearate, Trehalose, urea, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Glycyrrhetinic acid, stearic acid, Aluminum hydroxide, silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica

on 3/31/2012 12:08:00 AM

This product is pretty sweet. I had been using a Missha BB for nearly a year because I had yet to find anything else that set as nicely on my combo but often more on the dry side skin. It was great but the closest color to my skin, No. 23, still wasn't as exact as I hoped and needed to be de-pinked with bronzers and mixing other foundatioms in. In the last few weeks I've been using Vichy Dermablend in Nude as my friend loves it so oi figured why not...and it is awesome but tends to get dewey in some spots to the point of easy transference after a few hours. No big deal, I just swept on some powder to reset it and it looked just fine.
I went to the Clinique counter at Macy's earlier this week and asked for a sample of their BB out of curiosity. The SA gave me a very generous little pot of it and I still have most of it left after using it daily on my face and neck for 5 days. I apply it with my fingers after washing my face with a mild cleanser, depending on the day sometimes mositurizing before application sometimes not. A couple of dots is all I need and 2 is pretty much my exact skin color. It blends well but dries quickly so you have to work fast. When done the coverage is medium and the finish is matte (on me at least). Then I dab the Vichy over it if I need a little more coverage of dark marks. A dusting of shimmery blusher or bronzer (because the overall effect is so matte I usually opt for some shimmer) and I'm done.
I've realized this BB is great on its own, but makes an even better primer for the Vichy which does not get overly-dewey at all anymore nor transfers! The SA told me when I bought the full bottle today that she uses it this way too, as a primer. But the coverage is def good on its own depending on your redness/dark spots and most of mine are middle-range dark (old marks left from breakouts/ occasionally tiny burst capillaries).
The bottle will likely last a while since I use so little. The packaging could be improved with a pump but the squeeze tube is fine for me. The price is common for a BB, 30somthing bucks (I got the free gift thing also so not complaining this time :) ). A word of caution: this product may highlight dry patches if you have them. I would buy again on the condition the tube lasts a while.

on 3/28/2012 11:20:00 AM

Soooooo disappointed with this BB Cream. My mom got it first and raved about it, so I had high hopes for this product. All of the stores around me were sold out, so it took a while for me to be able to get a sample.

Color 1 is very light and very pink, which only made my pinkish skin look worse. Color 2 is more golden, but is far too dark for my pale skin. I gave Color 1 a try for two days underneath my foundation, hoping that putting foundation on top would make a difference, but it didn't. I felt like I was wearing a thick, greasy mask and I looked extremely oily by the end of the day despite having touched up with powder throughout the day.

For $37, I expected far, far more from this product.

on 3/25/2012 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I tried the lightest shade and the middle shade which was way too dark. So I purchased the lightest shade. I applied it after my moisturizer with a foundation brush. It blended pretty well but was a bit thicker than what I'm used to. When I was done, my skin looked sickly. I'm not sure if it would have looked better under foundation but I didn't try it.

on 3/25/2012 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I like this product. I was looking for a product that would streamline my morning routine. I have sensitive skin with rosacea and shade 2 neutralizes much of the redness. The spf is wonderful.

I'd classify this as medium coverage. Better than the tinted moisturizers I've tried. If I'm especially red for whatever reason, I'll add a light dusting of mineral makeup. Perfect for the humid climate I live in.

on 3/23/2012 10:59:00 AM

I am extremely picky about what I put on my face, and it is imperative that each day I wear at least spf 30 and antioxidants. I wanted one product that would provide light coverage so I could skip the foundation, antioxidants to combat aging, and a minimum of spf 30 protection (again, to protect against aging). It's difficult to find one product with all of this!

I had been using the Physicians Formula Healthy Wear tinted moisturizer, which is spf 30 and has antioxidants and great coverage, but their lightest color was still too orange on my skin.

I was soooo happy to find the Clinique BB. The shade 1 is perfect for my very fair skin. Before applying, I applied my vitamin C serum to the skin to provide a bit of moisture first, as other reviews say that the product can go on dry. I found that it went on super easy on top of my vitamin c serum and provides the perfect amount of coverage. I have slight rosacea that makes my cheeks too pink, and this covered it nicely and evened my skin tone. I applied a pressed powder on top and think my skin looks fantastic!

I really can't believe that this BB cream has not received higher reviews.

My skin is quite clear, but like all faces, there is some difference in skin tone throughout the face. Any foundation provides far too much coverage (so I never applied any) and adding concealer to even out my entire face just made my face look cakey. Not to mention that I need to put on primer (just because I don't like the feel of makeup directly on my skin). Overall, for someone who has rather good complexion, primer+ample amounts of concealer was just too much. Now I just wash my face, put a thin layer of moisturizer, and apply the BB cream all over (eyeliner if I feel like it).

This BB cream is thick enough that it lasts me all day and conceals all the smaller imperfections, to the point that I often just skip the concealer (unless I have a pimple). It feels good on the skin, lasts all day, and even improves the discolorations on my face. Absolutely no complaints. It is a bit pricey, but unless I find something cheaper that does a better or the same job, I am unlikely to switch. 30 something dollars does not seem like a bad price to pay for something that eliminated my need for concealer, primer, and foundation. Also, because it's rather thick, I'm quite sure it will last me a long time.

on 2/20/2012 11:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

BB cream works great as a foundation primer. I apply a thin layer of Clinique's moisture surge tinted moisturizer on top, and I really love the finish. Either by themselves isn't enough coverage for me. Must apply BB immediately after or with moisturizer to make blendable. Shade 2 is perfect for moderately fair skin with neutral undertones. I will buy again unless I find something better

This product works pretty well for me, and I have pale combination skin. The color really scared me at first because I got the 02 shade it looked way too dark. However, I have slightly olive undertones and it blends very well. I actually like the slight added color it gives me in the winter since it gives me a light airbrushed look.
The cream feels very strange on my face - heavy and it has to be warmed up on my fingers before application. Once it's on it seems to settle onto the skin and looks great. Overall I really like this stuff, but I have not finished my search for the perfect BB cream since there are so many others - some more reasonably priced and as has been mentioned before, the shiny cap gets dirty easily.

on 2/1/2012 6:10:00 PM

"So disappointed in this product. I have fair skin but shade 1 was too light and pinkish for me. Shade 2 is meant to have more of a yellow/golden undertone which is flattering on me. When I tested it before purchase it looked fine on a small area of skin. At home, on the entire face, it made me look ghoulish, pale and grey. The colour is just awful. Not natural, beige or golden, just pallid. I think this might be the amount of sun screen it has in it.
Some other reviews I've read say that it sinks in and begins to match with your skin tone after it sets, but this didn't happen to me. I looked ill when I was wearing this!
In addition, the texture is cakey and drying, even on my type 4 oily skin. I can't imagine how it would feel if you have dry skin. It leaves a mask like finish, no luminosity or glow. I don't like dewy products, but this is overly dull and matt.
Also, I have NEVER used a make up that settled into pores as much as this cream does. It left dots all over my nose that refused to blend, highlighting every pore.
I've tried using less product. Mixing it with moisturizer. Wearing it under foundation (but what's the point of that? I already have primers that work much better). Nothing makes this stuff work any better.
If you want to look like an odd, cakey ghost, buy this. If not, avoid. I'm going back to my Garnier BB cream. Not perfect on me, but far superior to this awful stuff. And less than half the price. Annoyed that I wasted my money on this. Usually love Clinique products."

on 1/20/2012 2:30:00 PM

Did not care for this BB cream- looked chalky and dry on my skin, and separated...thank god for the generous sample from Sephora, otherwise I would have not liked having to return it. I like the VIP GOLD I have tried,-but color does not work for me in summer... and now am sampling the Smashbox....not sure I like it as it is so thick, and smells like cheap sunscreen.