October 25, 2014 | 1858 users online

BB Cream - Clinique - Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by theawesumpossum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really can't believe that this BB cream has not received higher reviews.

My skin is quite clear, but like all faces, there is some difference in skin tone throughout the face. Any foundation provides far too much coverage (so I never applied any) and adding concealer to even out my entire face just made my face look cakey. Not to mention that I need to put on primer (just because I don't like the feel of makeup directly on my skin). Overall, for someone who has rather good complexion, primer+ample amounts of concealer was just too much. Now I just wash my face, put a thin layer of moisturizer, and apply the BB cream all over (eyeliner if I feel like it).

This BB cream is thick enough that it lasts me all day and conceals all the smaller imperfections, to the point that I often just skip the concealer (unless I have a pimple). It feels good on the skin, lasts all day, and even improves the discolorations on my face. Absolutely no complaints. It is a bit pricey, but unless I find something cheaper that does a better or the same job, I am unlikely to switch. 30 something dollars does not seem like a bad price to pay for something that eliminated my need for concealer, primer, and foundation. Also, because it's rather thick, I'm quite sure it will last me a long time.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by aliciakp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

BB cream works great as a foundation primer. I apply a thin layer of Clinique's moisture surge tinted moisturizer on top, and I really love the finish. Either by themselves isn't enough coverage for me. Must apply BB immediately after or with moisturizer to make blendable. Shade 2 is perfect for moderately fair skin with neutral undertones. I will buy again unless I find something better

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by pixelprincess

This product works pretty well for me, and I have pale combination skin. The color really scared me at first because I got the 02 shade it looked way too dark. However, I have slightly olive undertones and it blends very well. I actually like the slight added color it gives me in the winter since it gives me a light airbrushed look.
The cream feels very strange on my face - heavy and it has to be warmed up on my fingers before application. Once it's on it seems to settle onto the skin and looks great. Overall I really like this stuff, but I have not finished my search for the perfect BB cream since there are so many others - some more reasonably priced and as has been mentioned before, the shiny cap gets dirty easily.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by stanleycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

"So disappointed in this product. I have fair skin but shade 1 was too light and pinkish for me. Shade 2 is meant to have more of a yellow/golden undertone which is flattering on me. When I tested it before purchase it looked fine on a small area of skin. At home, on the entire face, it made me look ghoulish, pale and grey. The colour is just awful. Not natural, beige or golden, just pallid. I think this might be the amount of sun screen it has in it.
Some other reviews I've read say that it sinks in and begins to match with your skin tone after it sets, but this didn't happen to me. I looked ill when I was wearing this!
In addition, the texture is cakey and drying, even on my type 4 oily skin. I can't imagine how it would feel if you have dry skin. It leaves a mask like finish, no luminosity or glow. I don't like dewy products, but this is overly dull and matt.
Also, I have NEVER used a make up that settled into pores as much as this cream does. It left dots all over my nose that refused to blend, highlighting every pore.
I've tried using less product. Mixing it with moisturizer. Wearing it under foundation (but what's the point of that? I already have primers that work much better). Nothing makes this stuff work any better.
If you want to look like an odd, cakey ghost, buy this. If not, avoid. I'm going back to my Garnier BB cream. Not perfect on me, but far superior to this awful stuff. And less than half the price. Annoyed that I wasted my money on this. Usually love Clinique products."

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by aqelvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Did not care for this BB cream- looked chalky and dry on my skin, and separated...thank god for the generous sample from Sephora, otherwise I would have not liked having to return it. I like the VIP GOLD I have tried,-but color does not work for me in summer... and now am sampling the Smashbox....not sure I like it as it is so thick, and smells like cheap sunscreen.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this, to use alternating MAC's bb cream. Just in case either one breaks me out, at least a day to 'rest' in between. So i can't help but compare the two's performance : Im an NC25, an prefers pinkish undertones for makeups. Yellows look stupid on me. The colour of this BB cream blends well with my tone, though a tad on the lighter side. I do look made up, not so au-naturel look. It's consistency is a thickish cream, somewhat like a rich foundation. It dries rather fast upon application, so I had to work my fingers really quickly. While MAC is easier to apply, less thick & matches me better, I find Clinique's BB cream quite expensive and I had to remedy it's cons by mixing it with some Biore's UV face milk, to adjust it's consistency. The shiny, sleek cap also gets dirtied easily by fingerprints from the cream. Won't repurchase, as it is not the best there is out there.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by vanity68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I give up on BB creams...i had high hopes for this one but left my face so oily in like an hour...i will try it as a primer but so far not liking it..although I do love it doesnt irritate my face and has no scent..goes on wonderfully....give it an hour and the oilies begin with a vengeance.....sniff

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, reddish undertones & old acne discolorations, early 30s.

Light foundation texture. The Clinique BB #2 is much closer to my color range as most of the Asian brands were WAY light or weird undertones. The pros is a nice glow (can't see any shimmer, subtle?) and good color match... the cons is not enough coverage to diminish my red undertones or acne marks w/out concealer... thus defeats the purpose of 4-in-1 BB creams. By end of day, this got considerably darker on my face...

I would recommend for another NC30+ w/ more flawless skin, who has been having no luck w/ the Asian brands!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by rabbitsinspace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to say, this product is good for some days - but not every day. Strangely I have noticed the application ranges from flawless to what looks like it's caked on depending. If you have dry skin I would avoid this product (I think that's the issue here). I can achieve a flawless look when I mix it with another moisturizer and do two or three thin layers. If I have a red spot I will use the bb cream as a concealer. I've been given compliments on how airbrushed my skin looks and it seems to last a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by dejavudu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product. I was a little skeptical at first since I have oily skin. This was thicker than any foundation or any lotion I have ever used so I thought I would break out. It turns out to be an excellent marriage of skincare and foundation. I have a hard time finding a good match for foundation because I have fair skin with yellow undertone (I'm asian). If you read the back it is made for Asian skin so it accounts for the yellow undertone but light color. However its a great product for anyone. The color does adjust to your skin tone once you let settle but not for dark skin tone. If you have dark skin then I recommend you mixing it with your favorite foundation for the perfect match on your hand to warm the it up. I usually warm it up by putting a little on my hand and rubbing with my finger to warm it up. I apply it with a stipple brush for a flawless finish. You can use whats left on your hand, and use your fingers to go over the trouble spots as a concealer. Use loose powder if you want to dewy finish or pressed for a matte finish. I set it with my Estee Lauder powder and did not have to blot all day. Once applied, the cream did not feel heavy at all.

I used my acne serum and than use this product - it eliminated my need for moisturizer, primer, and foundation. I skipped over SPF before since I didn't want to put another layer on my skin. My foundation had only SPF 15. The cream provided excellent coverage over my acne scars. Adult acne sucks so people like me have to limit how many facial products to use during the day. This is made for all skin types so if you have dry skin, use your moisturizer under this.

It is pricey compared to some other BB creams but this is one of the few that is Paraben-free so I am willing to pay for quality ingredients. Plus not having to buy foundation and primer and SPF lotion will save me.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No