April 17, 2014 | 1532 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Watt's Up!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by dmastra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this highlighter, Its my favorite I also have a nars one but this one by far just leaves a nice dewy highlight.. its a must have

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by SaraxD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really do not like this highlighter...at least, for that purpose alone. It's way too shimmery, too thick, and very difficult to blend out. I got this for free on my birthday, thank god, but even then I wish they had given me something a little more practical. I'm not one for shimmer or necessarily highlighters.

If I use this at all, it'll be as a base or a stand-alone cream eyeshadow. I feel it would work well for that purpose seeing as it's so thick and hardly moves, so it probably won't crease. For that alone, I will give it 2 lippies.

UPDATE: I actually really enjoy this product now. I smooth it on my cheekbones, my eyelids, under my browbone, and my cupid's bow before I apply foundation. I have neutral/cool undertones, and this compliments my skin well. The only problem I have with it is on my cupid's bow. If I sweat too much, it starts to slide around and become cakey. Other than that, I'm impressed.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

ETA 9/2013: 6 months later I'm liking this a lot more. Still not the biggest fan of the stick application, which I find more difficult to blend than ELF Shimmering Facial Whip, my favorite. But, once I have some summer color (for me, this is moving from "dead pale" to "one shade warmer than dead pale") I find that the shade is perfect for creating the sort of golden-goddess glow other people use bronzer for. It doesn't make me look tanned (or dirty) but it warms my face up and makes it look summery and toasty. I like to wear it on my cheekbones and browbones with a pale neutral lid color, a dupe of UD Buck in the crease, Milani baked blush in Luminoso and a cool-gold shimmer lip gloss. When I run out (which should take me roughly ten years, even for the mini size, given the stick format) I'll buy it again. I like that it's all glow and no shimmer, but I wish it were creamier and required less rubbing to blend -- I prefer being able to tap out a dot of it like I do with Shimmering Facial Whip.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by chabelita17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got it as part of the Bronze of Champoins kit (which I love, by the way) and it's an okay highlighter. It's not bad but i don't see anything special about it. I am able to blend it even after i've put on powder, but it's not as easy to do so. it adds a very subtle glow so it's not too obvious that you have highlighter on. i don't like it as browbone highlight though and you can't really use it in the inner corners of your eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by NTran06

My fav cream highlighter! It's up against the Mary Lou-Manizer in regards to taking the #1 spot. Watts up is such a gorgeous subtle glow. It's extremely creamy and blends like a dream. I def enjoy using this when I don't want to look so "made up".

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by marianaamorim

I love this product!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got the "Bronze of Champions" kit at Sephora as it had several items I wanted to try and this highlighter was included.
I've never been a big fan of the BeneFit line as I think most of their products a little gimmicky for my liking.

But I was pleasantly surprised with this highlighter. I was concerned it would look stark white on my skin (Asian, NC30/C3) but it gives me a nice, subtle glow.
I use it sparingly as I don't like too much shimmer.

I like to use it on my brow bone if I'm doing an evening look.

The cream texture is easy to blend and gives a nice dewy look which I find is more flattering in my mid 40's.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by PurpleElephants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this product, but it just seems average and difficult to apply. It also seems to make my skin look oily no matter how I apply it, and it's just hard to work with. I switched to a powder highlighter by a different brand, and I like it much better. I also sometimes use Benefit's High Beam, and I definitely prefer that over this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by ainslieann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I always apply highlighter after I have set my foundation with powder. Since this product is creamy, I have a hard time blending it nicely, and I tend to look like I have a stark streak of highlighter on my cheekbones rather than a nice glow. Wherever I place it, it seems to stick and not move, making it unblendable and streaky. I may try powdering after I apply the highlighter to see if I can blend it into my foundation more seemlessly. Its very pretty, but I prefer a powder highlighter as I think it looks more natural than this. This highlighter is very shimmery on my fair skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by shaesquared

Not going to lie, I was extremely turned off upon seeing the glitter- but man, this is the definition of a 'golden glow'. The sparkles are only noticable if you are looking for them- otherwise this product really does a great job of bringing out that sunkissed look.