December 18, 2014 | 1290 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Watt's Up!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by expatricia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great color. Easy to blend. Perfect for pale complexions who don't want to look like a sparkly styro-foam ball. Friend gave me her mini version from Sephora. I avoid the sun and am incredibly pale, so bronzers look muddy and fake on me. This gives me the subtle highlights and a dewy glow that looks healthier on pale redheads in the summer. The tone is so forgiving I can apply the stick directly to the tops of my cheek bones, brow bones and top of the peak of my lips and dab to blend with my fingers. Great to add to the middle of my lips or eyelids, inside eye corners, etc. to get a fuller, brighter look. No problems with my sensitive skin. No "Who Had A Fight With Her Highlighter?" look. Haven't found a blush tone it clashes with, but I stick to peaches and warm rosy tones. Staying power is good.

My only complaint is that the stick goes on so sheer, it requires so much product as to make it an extremely expensive hightlighter. I use a light hand with makeup, so I suspect this runs out quickly unless used on a darker skin tone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I got a mini version of this highlighter from Sephora. It was part of my free birthday gift. It looks like a little lipstick. On the skin, it gives a frosty and shiny finish. In terms of being natural, this is far from it. And I don't like the oily consistency of the formula. It seems to make my skin look greasy.

All in all, I would not recommend this product. I will probably trash the rest of this myself. It was fun to test this out. But the highlighter is too oily and sort of champagne color with hints of pink.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Triscuits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a mini of this product along with a mini mascara as my b-day gift from Sephora. (Thanks Sephora!) I'm happy I got to try this out, but I wasn't impressed, and likely won't even finish using the product in the mini.

What I didn't like: It's frosty. When blended I don't see a natural glow or highlight, I see greasy and somewhat cakey-looking frost and glitter. Maybe alright if I was a pole dancer or in a music video or if it was Halloween, but otherwise, no. I'm not a total prude or anything, but this product seems to me like what would be in a strippers make-up arsenol along with her body glitter. Like stage makeup, I guess.
I also didn't like how it make my skin texture look. Not particularly flattering. The color was okay, but it's so frosty and reflects so much light that whether it was pink or champagne, doesn't really seem to matter cuz it just looks white, bright, stark, glittery and greasy on the skin. My skin is fair-light.

Part of my order from Sephora included a different highlighter, so my impression of this mini may be due in large part to it being compared to the highlighter I ordered, which was subtle and natural-looking and flattered my skin texture while also highlighting what I wanted highlighted. I suppose it's possible that I might have loved this Benefit product had I not ordered a highlighter that I found to be superior to it. I'll be reviewing that highlighter soon, so check my reviews if you're interested since it my review may be posted by the time some future people are reading this review.

But anyway, this Watt's Up highlighter was fun to try out and play with, but I won't be purchasing and likely won't finish the mini and will probably give it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like many others, I received the mini from Sephora for my birthday.

I do like this product. The champagne color is very flattering on most skin tones. Looks pretty natural on my skin personally. I find it very easy to use/blend.

I wish it lasted longer. It seems to wear off after a few hours. I have oily skin though, so maybe it would last longer for others.

Overall, while I do like it, I would not purchase in the full size (too pricey). But if its available in a mini, I may purchase that.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by katieturtle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS! too bad I can only get the mini one b/c the big size is too expensive :(

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by AnzisAmazing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product. Its nice to have in your makeup collection. I do reach for it often. I do find that I can find a Less expensive highlighter that achieves the same results which is why I probably won't repurchase. Plus I think this will last a pretty long time. All in all, its just nice. Not HG. For me anyway.
Actually I just realized this is very similar to loreal's quick stick face and body blush.. Yes its a blush, but they have very similar colors that can be used as a highlighter. I love my Loreal quick stick and its a fraction of the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by sara942

Creamy, very easy to apply and blend out, imparts a nice champagne-hued glow without going overboard so you can wear it during the day...however, after a few hours it disappears and all that's left is some sparkles. It's still one of the easier highlighters to use, but I'll probably stick to my HG highlighter, Mary Lou-manizer, by theBalm.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of stila highlighter in kitten and use it daily I was browsing the benefit counter and swatched watts up
On my hand and the colour was exactly what I was looking for its a champagne colour so I picked it up and have been wearing it every day since this Is perfect if you want that Victoria secrets glow it's definitely worth the money in my opinion and I would repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by wq13

Like many others, I received this as a Beauty Insider's birthday gift at Sephora along with a They're Real! mascara.
I haven't tried the mascara yet, but Watt's Up is GORGEOUS. It works so beautifully with my skin tone and literally makes me look like I'm glowing! It's so perfect for summer!
It has a very creamy, blendable texture, and I love using it on my cheekbones and browbones. You could probably even use it as a cream eyeshadow or an eyeshadow base.
I will definitely purchase Watt's Up when I run out of this little sample because I'm in LOVE with it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received a sample size from Sephora's Benefit Birthday Gift and I instantly fell in love with it and will be repurchasing the full size asap. Like other reviewers have mentioned this is a beautiful shade of shimmery champagne that departs a gorgeous luminescent glow. Great pigmentation, feels creamy, applies easily and blends beautifully without disrupting my previous applied concealer and foundation. Once blended this product sets on it`s own and doesn`t migrate, budge, or fade during the day. To blend it out I`ll use either my fingers, or a MAC brush (187, 109, 192, 189) or a Real Techniques brush (Buffing Brush, Essential Foundation Brush, Contour Brush, Pointed Foundation Brush). Absolutely awesome high lighter that I personally think is worth the price and hype.