January 31, 2015 | 1200 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Lizawasadiver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is everything I look for in a mascara! It volumizes, separates and extends. My lashes are teeny tiny, so I try to find one that can make me look like I've naturally full lashes without making them overly dramatic.

It's not waterproof, but quite long-lasting, especially with the clis booster.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by PinkCupcakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best mascara I ever tried. The tapered brush is exactly what I always wanted in a mascara wand, the formula is thin and smells like roses. Lashes are dry almost instantly, and don't feel heavy. The most impressive thing about this mascara is how buildable it is without clumping so it is absolutely ideal for a quick touch up before office drinks and it looks fresh and light as though you applied it for the first time. The important thing for me is that it leaves lashes soft and flexible and fan- like. I think people who give this mascara bad reviews like that cement lashes look that actually does nothing to enhance your lashes, only makes them brittle and prone to breaking/falling out when removing make up. Sure you might see a bit of flaking at the end of a long day, but I think people are forgetting this is a mascara- not a miracle. No make up product is going to look as fresh 16 hours after application as it did at the start, make peace with that.

Great product, I've received numerous compliments since switching to this, don't be swayed by people's ridiculous expectations.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by 00Lindsay00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was a hypnose user for years...untill this one came out..its wonderful. I have light fine lashes and this gives me lots of length, def and volume without making a mess. Love the evergreen tree shaped brush too

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by LambdaJuuichi

I actually really like this mascara, it volumizes and lengthens without clumping my lashes whatsoever. No spidery lashes at all! But like everyone else here says, it doesn't keep my straight lashes curled for as long as I would like; which is really sad because I love this mascara so much.
I wouldn't repurchase again just because of the staying power and the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Emily0816

Boo. I wanted to like this, as I use Lancome Definicils. The mascara actually went on better than Definicils, in that in didn't clump as much and looked natural while giving me the guaranteed "wide-eyed look." It didn't hold my curl, though, and when I re-curled my lashes they stayed put but the mascara flaked off. I was horrified when I looked in the mirror later and had become a raccoon. Definicils goes on a bit clumpy but stays on without flaking... the search for an HG mascara continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Ninasa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great mascara. 9/10. If Hypnose by Lancome(the original one) didnt exist, Doll Lashes would be THE mascara. Lenghthens and lots of volume without any clumps.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara caught my eye because of its wand, as it looked really promising. I have long, fairly thick and straight lashes, so I am always on the lookout for a mascara that will curl and separate, get to every lash and give me a bolder, but not too over the top look.

In comparison to the many, many mascaras I've tried, Doll Lashes is pretty good. The wand is great - it gets to all my lashes and it definitely lifts and curls them. The main problem I find is the formula. It's just not thick enough and I find I need several coats to get the thickness I want, but then end up with my eyelashes nearly vertical to my eyelid! Apart from this, it doesn't smudge AT ALL (which is great because I have dark circles under my eyes and they're always worse by roaming mascara!) and it doesn't clump all that much on application. My eyelashes don't feel sticky at all when I've got it on.

I'm too much of a mascara junkie to stop trying out new ones, but Doll Lashes isn't bad at all. The main reasons why I wouldn't re-purchase this mascara is mainly due to the price, but the fact the formula doesn't make my lashes thick enough is another reason as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Rosie125

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't really like this mascara. It makes them look really weird. It also flakes for me and doesn't hold my curl at all. You would think for a higher end brand it would be a lot better.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Ohh2pretty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of the WORSE mascaras I have ever purchased, especially at $26...!! It was watery and thin...did absoluetly nothing for my lashes! Hypnose is rather good, so when this new Lancome mascara came out I couldn't wait to try it. So disapointing! Normally, I would just throw it into my bathroom drawer...but at this price it went right back to Sephora...!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by optomostichypocrite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am still waiting to be wowed by a Lancome mascara. I was seduced by what looked like a very promising wand but was very disappointed.
First of all, it had the same problem as any other Lancome mascara I have tried and was dried up in a very short time.
I will say it separated lashes nicely and didn't clump quite as badly as the heinous hypnose drama, but any possible good qualities were outweighed by the poker straight lashes it gave me.
I have medium/ long fine lashes that have a decent curl on their own. I rarely use a lash curler because any mascara worth it's salt will boost their natural curl enough. Somehow, Doll Lashes pulled all natural curl out of my lashes, causing them to stick straight out and making them less visible from straight on. Not cool!
Also it felt extremely dry on the lash and dried so stiff that a second coat was out of the question.
The wand had potential but unfortunately the formula just blows. I used mine up by only doing my bottom lashes ($31 is a lot to waste for a student!) until it completely dried up, which was in about 3 weeks.
Don't do it! I'll go back to my trusty Estee Lauder More Than Mascara.