April 16, 2014 | 1905 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by amoyer2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been my go to mascara for a year now. I love this stuff. Others note it is hard to remove. I agree that it is a little more effort to remove it, but it performs so excellent that this is only a minor con for me. My eyelashes look amazing when I wear this. It seperates and gets the tiny lashes in the corners of my eyes wonderfully. It also takes away the need to curl my lashes before hand. So dark and amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Gladetine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

You get long thick spiderlashes, but i don't Like that look, it seems TOO unnatural, so i wouldn't buy it again. I Like to build my lashes up, first one for lengthening and Then one for thickening.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by xDevochkax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Simply put, this mascara is just horrible. I'm pretty shocked because I actually had high expectations for it. Everyone compares Maybelline's The Rocket to this, which I didn't really care for either, but it *is* at least better than They're Real. This did nothing for my lashes at all. It clumped like crazy and made them droop, and I have a slight natural curl to begin with. While I don't mind a dry formula, this was WAY too dry for me... like time-to-throw-it-out dry. The real kicker was that it killed my lashes. I had to go over my eyes with coconut oil at least three times until it was fully removed, and many of my lashes were torn out afterwards. If I could give this a zero, I would.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

Pros: for my lakes this mascara delivers what I want, length, volume, drama and super dark color. The brush is unique and there is a lot of room for me to get exactly the look I want in just a few minutes. The price is what I expect for mascara, and a tube lasts a while.

Cons: ladies with shaky hands or super sensitive eris, do not buy! The brush is basically a weapon, spiky and sharp. It will hurt if you hit your eye. Also this is a mascara that takes FOREVER to get off, it never seems to totally be gone. And finally the smudging is pretty bad, I have longer lathes so this is often a problem for me, so if that's something that you concern yourself with it may be an issue.

Bottom line. .. yes I'll keep buying this, I like having one in my rotation, and the ball brush thingie is awesome to use to style lashes, even on top of other mascaras.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2014 7:34:00 PM More reviews by emskas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It leaves black smudges on my brow bone. You need a million layers for it to look really dark and full. I don't like it at all

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

I find this to be a natural looking mascara. I do not get the look that the mascara claims: huge, false looking lashes. I find the mascara to be too wet. I don't like the brush-it does not grab all of my lashes. As a result, I look to have fewer lashes. I try to comb it out but it's very difficult to do with this formula. I was disappointed with this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by HGL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have started to really like this product after trying it again. I am extremely picky about mascara and most products smudge on me due to a combination of factors. This one did a tiny bit when I first tried it so I skipped it. I only returned to try it again when my then-favorite (Sephora Outrageous Volume) started to have quality control problems and I could not rely on it anymore.

I find They're Real easier to apply than the OV (less wet) and easier to clean up any mistakes. I use the travel size as this is a mascara that does not improve with age as some of the wetter formulas do. I love the applicator, and find it works well to push up on lashes from the tip of the brush, unlike some wands. It is quicker to apply than many other brands and gets me the volume and length I am looking for in less time. While OV probably is more dramatic, it is a hassle (messy, time consuming to apply, takes forever to dry) compared to the ease of this.

This does not take too long to dry yet is easy to clean up, which I like. Evening removal is a little tougher than some (such as Lancome, which is super easy) but not as bad as wp. I don't get lash loss and it comes off with Boots No 7 wipes without too much difficulty. Just not as easy as Lancome.

I have found I need to powder under my eyes with MUFE HD powder (which I did not with OV) to avoid smudging. Curling lashes also helps, but you get some curl from the applicator itself, which is a plus. Some may be able to skip curling with this mascara if they don't have a smudge problem.

Another plus, it is somewhat water-resistant, at least in the rain. I live in a rainy climate and it does not end up all over my face like some mascaras do.

I do also use Lancome Definicils and their primer some days, which is a blue-er black but much more time consuming as I need to apply multiple layers to get the look I prefer. I do find the Lancome to be beautiful overall and NEVER smudge, but it does not give me the volume I want in the time I typically want to spend. So Benefit They're Real it is. I do not bother with primer.

Non-irritating also, which is huge! Overall, a great mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by tritrib21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally switched from using drug store mascara to this. What a difference! This stuff gives me the length/volume/color I want without any clumps. Admittedly, it does go on pretty wet, so I have to be careful not to smudge, but it lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by mumcanyou

Dramatic in just two swipes.
Stays all day - even outside in this summers outrageous weather

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by gfreling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this mascara a few times in a promotion and I think it is great for big, dense lashes. I don't like the packaging so much, but the big, fat brush pumps the lashes. I have not had any problems with flaking but it can clump a bit. I would purchase this again as a "night-out" mascara.