September 16, 2014 | 1976 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by katiekatie1010

I should probably start by saying that I prefer a soft, fluttery eyelash look, so most wham bam in your face lashes just aren't my thing.

That being said, this is still ranks as the second worst mascara I have ever used. To begin with, the end of the wand came out so cluttered with product, that even after wiping it off, it still put WAY too much mascara on my eyes, thus clumping up my lashes. My lashes actually looked thinner with this on becuase it looked like I had maybe 8-10 really thick lashes.

Secondly, after work, I noticed that some of the mascara had migrated down under my eyes- an astounding feat since I only apply mascara on my top lashes. I would surmise that part off the problem is this mascara can't hold up to extreme heat/humidity.

Lastly, despite the migration issue, this mascara was a royal b**** to get off. My eyes actually hurt after the abuse they received just from trying to remove this mascara.

All in all, this mascara is a nightmare. There are plenty of other high end brands that do great mascaras (MUF Smokey Extravagant is good, as is The Balm Cheater mascara), and I swear by Maybelline. Just don't waste your time on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by sugabaabe

Such an amazing mascara! Don't even hesitate to buy it, it'll be so worth it! I actually noticed that my normal lashes (basically invisible) grew after a few weeks of using this. LOOOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by ellievog

I love this mascara! When I compare it to any other mascara I use They're Real always wins. I'm able to build up my lashes so they're super thick and long! Other people claim it makes their lashes clumpy, but this doesn't really happen to me. As for the price, it is pretty steep, but I love make up and I don't mind spending more to get great results.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2014 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Staurhy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Way too expensive. I purchased this for around $50 at a department store after hearing all the hype about this and seeing amazing results. This mascara does give great length sometimes.
The issues I have with the problem as the formula it too gooey and applying this on my lashes feels like applying super glue. My eyelashes get very clumpy and combing them does not help. I usually have to take it off and try to reapply.
It works wonders for others but not always me so just be sure to make an informed decision and it's always worth a try because it might turn out to be your favourite mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm currently onto my third tube of this, I LOVE it! It's great at separating and giving length, volume, and holding a curl. Of you use too much it can get clumpy, but it's not hard to avoid this. The tube lasts a long time, doesn't dry out and is as good towards the end of it's "life" as it is at the start. If doesn't smudge or flake, and it is difficult to remove, I usually use warm water and a washcloth to soften it and an oil based eye make up remover. If you don't want to spend $23 on the full size, there might still be the option of buying a sample size for $10, which will still last you ages.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Harnetto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this mascara, it makes my eyelashes super long and defined!! It is very build-able and curls your eyelashes as well as lengthens. The only thing is that It can clump quite easily if you apply more mascara on already dry mascara. It stays on really well though. Overall a great mascara only a little pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by janeb123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Only problem is the price...love how crazy it makes my eyelashes look!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Pretty good stuff.. Seperated & lengthens. Only con is it leaves your lashes sort of hard and can appear flaky.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Duleiana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes, they're real! They're REALly clumpy, crispy, overpriced, tacky, spidery, sticky... Not for me, thank you.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

4.5 stars-rating dropped because of the price.
Like it and will repurchase. To begin with, I've been wearing Maybelline's The Falsies Black Drama for a few years, after switching from DiorShow and LashBlast (and trying a bunch of losers in between)…so needless to say, I like big lashes and I daresay, I run the line of "clumpy" most days…natural lash looks ain't my thang. I like Black Drama and recommend it, but the reasons I've made the switch is that They're Real doesn't have a fibrous look, it holds curl better and looks freshly applied much longer. I don't care either way about the plastic brush with short bristles...I'm sure when this mascara came out, it was a big deal, but they've been around long enough now that it's no shocker anymore. Anyway, let me tell you what I like:

-I get big lashes…more length than volume though.
-Formula is smooth: no fibrous, "hairy" look to the lashes.
-Quick application. A few sweeps and my lashes are to my satisfaction. (God, I remember I used to spend 10 minutes applying LashBlast alone!)
-Easily buildable
-No flaking or smudging on my oily skin and sweat-dripping summer activities or impromptu rain showers. Unreal.
-Holds curl all day, unheard of for me.
-Packaging. The metallic tube maybe not be as sleek as super HE brands, but I'm happy to have a breather from the gaudy orange and purple tubes from the drugstore.

CONS:
-The price. $23 is pretty steep. I'd agree with $15…maybe.
-Takes a while to dry
-Lashes don't feel soft when I touch them, they're kind of crispy.
-Can get clumpy very quickly if you're not careful.

MY LASHES:
Fine, dense, slightly longer than average and blonde.