Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

on 3/1/2013 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

I have no idea why so many people rated this so low, it is a GREAT mascara! Way better than the regular! It creates long thick fanned out lashes which is what I think everyone wants annnd it's way cheaper than most other mascaras. The brush/technique takes some getting use to so don't bash this after your first attempt! LOVE IT!
EDIT: So I've been using for a month now and it's pretty much all dried up and useless already=( I am not willing to purchase a new mascara every month so I'm taking away a lippie

on 2/24/2013 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

the formula was really dry. gave decent volume to my lashes but clumped a lot. the brush is too big and unwieldy for my stumpy Asian lashes. to it's credit, i haven't experienced the flaking other people have. definitely not the mascara for me.

on 2/3/2013 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

For a drugstore, waterproof mascara, this did the job. Though I won't say it is the ultimate best, it did promise to be waterproof, and it did show some signs of added volume.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this mascara on a whim when I'd run out of my usual. A friend swears by is as Tanya Burr is her walking talking makeup bible, and also loves this product..
But I hate it, and I'll tell you why. Yes, it was great for the first three weeks, the formula was nice and worked well. However, it by no means gives you a look remotely similar to false lashes. And after those few weeks the formula was quickly drying up, left flakes on my cheeks and became useless. I will not repurchase.

on 1/28/2013 4:44:00 PM

While I really dislike the "Falsies" (regular one) and "Falsies Black Drama" they both do nothing for my lashes just like the misnamed "Great Lash" mascara from Maybelline, I really really LOVE The Falsies Flared. I bought it because it was on special for $5.99 and I was pleasantly suprised. It gives great volume, some length (but I prefer volume) and it does not clump, so great definition too. Okay towards the end of the 3 months I do get "mascara dandruff" on my lower lid but not a lot and not enough so that I wouldn't repurchase.

I used to like it but then I switched. I used to get dramatic but flaky lashes. I used this today, bought a new tube. Don't remember the formula being this dry last time but this stuff was awful. Dry and brittle and not dramatic. It just looked bad. I'm convinced this is a bad tube but it flaked a lot.

on 1/22/2013 5:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I know that a lot of people don't like this mascara, but it's worked really well for me. The brush is a bit of a different shape from the originally Falsies, and I think it's more effective for my purposes. I love the flared look, and this does it perfectly. It does not really create a false eyelash effect, but it is volumizing, and I find this one to be less prone to clumping than the original Falsies. I also have not had problems with flaking, although I know a lot of people have. My eyelashes are naturally long, so this product does a great job of accentuating them and creating the flared effect that I like. It does smell a bit odd, but I'm used to that by now.

on 1/19/2013 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a good mascara, but since i am in middle school, I wouldn't like my lashes so sky high. It's a dry formula so it works on short or long lashes. Although it wouldn't really do anything to a guy in my class. He looks like he's wearing false lashes! Anyways I got this mascara for about $7-8 at Walmart (CAD). And that's not a bad price. I wouldn't buy this mascara again because again I don't like big lashes. For school I just like natural lashes (I recommend mega plush by Maybelline) or clear mascara. I use one from essence. It makes it look like I'm wearing black mascara but I'm not. And it's obviously looks more natural.

on 1/14/2013 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best mascara ever! Makes my lashes look SOOO long and they really aren't that long at all. I don't have any complaints with this. No flaking or panda eyes, stays put all day long, great price. Highly recommend!

on 1/13/2013 4:20:00 AM

So far this product is pretty good, i love the length it gives but it clumps up way to much especially at the ends. I like mascara's that give you a long natural look but this product shows, it's obvious you packed on layers of mascara even if you didn't.