Cover Girl Lash Perfection Volumizing Mascara [DISCONTINUED]

Cover Girl Lash Perfection Volumizing Mascara [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera Wax, Triethanolamine, Synthetic Wax, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Oleic Acid, Polyethylene, Alcohol Denatured, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopherol, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Glyceryl Oleate, Simethicone, Trisodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides

I really liked the way this made my lashes look. It separated and added a nice amount of volume. The only problem is that it runs horribly. If you have watery eyes or get the tiniest bit of water on your lashes you'll have black running down your face. It's a shame because I really liked the brush. I guess it's back to my HG lash blast volume.

on 1/11/2012 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've never found a mascara that didn't flake off and this one was one of the worst, within a couple of hours there was black spots everywhere under my eyes, and the mascara goes on really dry if that makes sense. I'm giving up on ever finding a mascara to wear.

on 1/11/2012 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 5

Price: 2 (~$6 at Wal-Mart)

Packaging: 4 (it's nice)

Buy again: yes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am Asian and have straight, average-length lashes. I crave volume and used to wear false lashes (Ardell 110) almost daily. I got kind of fed up with how time consuming it was, so I started looking for good volumizing mascaras instead. My absolute favourite is L'oreal Voluminous Waterproof, but because it is waterproof, the formula is very hard on the lashes. I have not yet found a water-soluble formula that I liked.... until now.

I have tried SO many mascaras (and hated them all) because they always flattened my curl, smudged, or didn't offer the promised volume on the packaging. I had a good experience with CG Lash Blast, so I thought I'd try this one when I saw it at Wal-Mart.

The first thing I love: the packaging. CG Lash Blast mascaras all come in the big tube, which is cute and everything with the bright colours, but I do appreciate the "normalness" of the simple understated black, slim tube of Lash Perfection. I also like the size of the brush. I found that CG Lash Blast's brush always left some messy bits on my eyelids, so finding a smaller brush that offers length was awesome.

Wear: this stuff lasts all day on me without any clumping, flaking or smudging, provided I am not out in the rain. It manages to maintain my curl (though I always curl my lashes after anyway) and holds it all day.

Volume: it actually delivers! The formula, combined with the brush, makes my lashes look more numerous, thicker, and just perfect, as the name implies. It gives me length and volume, without looking like an anime character.

I am so glad I tried this mascara on a whim! I will definitely repurchase this!

on 1/10/2012 8:24:00 PM

Cover Girl makes a fantastic, inexpensive mascara. This one is no exception! It has never flaked on me, I can build it to look super-sexy, it comes off with simple face wash, or I can keep it subtle (like that ever happens) with a thin swipe. At $6, you really can't beat this.

on 1/7/2012 5:33:00 PM

This mascara is a disappointment. It is too thick and goes on clumpy which means I can't coat my lashes individually as I would like. Even my lash comb can't correct the mess on my lashes.

I thought this would be comparable to Cover Girl's Eye Lights. I have this particular mascara in 'black sapphire' and absolutely love it although it is a tad thick too, but not like this mascara!

Not necessarily "perfection" so to speak. The formula is rather wet, and it's not buildable past the first coat. It does make lashes look darker, more noticeable, and much more volumized. Lashes do harden, like with most Covergirl mascaras, and a looooot of product gets deposited onto them in just one coat. The staying power is good, but it can smudge and flake easily. It does have a good price tag, around $7. I'd buy it again....if I absolutely had to, but I'll stick with my Maybellines.

on 1/2/2012 4:28:00 PM

Lash Perfection where have you been all my life? All I can say is I am thrilled. I have tried every mascara on the market from Benefit to Revlon to Dior, this beats them and I don't feel guilty for the purchase. It is cheap, and good quality. Not clumpy, yet gives volume and the perfect separation of lashes. Isn't very dramatic but it does what it says, makes your lashes look perfect.

on 12/15/2011 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I luv this mascara. I use this and then Quo miraculous lash over top.
It separates my lashes and makes them defined, it does not add much volume (why I use quo over top). I would defiantly buy this again!

on 12/14/2011 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is my go-to mascara!I am obsessed with mascara and getting long fluttery looking lashes. I have tried a lot of drugstore mascaras (college student on college budget) and this is my all time favorite so far! I have naturally long, curled lashes, so I was looking for a mascara to define my lashes without clumping. I have found it!I use this everyday, even one coat and I'm good to go!It doesn't clump or smudge and it lasts all day long!Another plus is that it comes off relatively easy and my eyelashed don't break off or feel weaker.I prefer this than the lashblast mascara which I happen to think is really overrated. This is hands down the best mascara I have tried so far, and I will certainly be buying again!

on 12/13/2011 12:28:00 AM

I seem to have had a different experience with this mascara. It gives me incredible length and the curl holds. It also wears extremely well, which is rare for mascaras. In fact I've never had a mascara wear as well as this one - looks same before bed as it does in the morning. Seriously rare for me for mascaras. However I don't feel it makes my lash line look as full as Lash Blast Volume does. And since I naturally have long lashes, I value the clump-free volume LBV offers more, so that is my daily go-to mascara despite my view that this (technically) is a better mascara.