July 30, 2014 | 1156 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by bunnylove07

This has got to be hands-down my favourite foundation of all time. I own this version as well as the original version (which is thicker in consistency). I have tried a lot of high end foundations in the past but I love this one the most! I seldom get break outs so I don't really need a thick foundation and I also dislike the feel of heavy foundation sitting on my skin. As with the original version, I absolutely adore the fruity smell that comes from this foundation. This is my every day go-to foundation. I have noticed that every time I have used this foundation, my boyfriend/ friends have complimented on how "glowy" my skin looks. This foundation photographs beautifully and isn't "cakey" at all. I use this foundation in conjunction with the Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer and the combo seems to work very well together. I am a MAC NC 25-30 (Asian with some yellow under-tones) and use shade #53 in the concealer and foundation. I highly recommend this foundation for those who generally have quite good skin and just need something light to balance out the skin tone. If you however, feel as though you need something with slightly fuller coverage, then give the original Healthy Mix a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by emilysoares

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for a few weeks now and it is absolutely my HG foundation for my combination skin. It's a pleasure to use, its runny consistency glides on effortlessly after moisturising. I usually use my hands to massage the product in and use a damp beauty blender to blend and create a more 'airbrush' finish. It leaves my skin looking dewey and fresh.
It hydrates my drier areas and is fine on my oilier areas if I just powder a bit. It holds up all day and has a pleasant fruity/sweet scent. When testing in the shop I couldn't really find the perfect shade so I had to buy both 52 and 53 and mix, which I don't mind because in the summer I can use more of the darker and in the winter more of the lighter shade.
My only issue is it can look quite heavy and end up flaking when I try to build coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by mihailo1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Call me modest or even unambitious, but I will not be trying out any other foundations. The search ends here. Actually I recently did try Max Factor 3 in 1, just out of curiosity, it's fine, but not as good as Healthy Mix Serum. An incomparable product. My skin tends to get oily during summer, still HMS works amazingly well. Shade 52 is perfect, texture is fantastic and it lasts for hours. That being said, I must point out that it does not have the highest coverage, which is fine with me. A touch of concealer here and there and my face is flawless. It would not look as natural if it the coverage was any higher. Usually those dense, heavy pigmented foundations morph into a cake within an hour. They work only if you are on TV. Anyway... ...five stars for HMS.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by nataliecc13

Great product, found a color that matches my skin and seamlessly blends. Good consistently, only downfall is no SPF. Otherwise great product. Looks better on my skin that my expensive foundations

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by shanidy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I keep trying to "love" this, but I only "like" it. It seems like lighter coverage to me. The smell is stronger than I like and seems like it could react sensitive skin. It didnt dry me out or make me an oil slick. Wear was about 8 hours, which seems fair to me. The #51 is a good match for my neutral pale skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Bazingaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Brilliant foundation for dry/ dry-combination skin. It lasts really well all day and doesn't oxidise (unlike mac studio fix!). It doesn't settle on dry patches/ blemishes either. The coverage is light but buildable to medium. It doesn't contain SPF so you're safe for photos too! There isn't a wide colour range though, particularly for medium to dark skin. I wear the 2nd darkest (56) and am a olive-tan skin tone. It's a great price & comparable to high end foundations

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Avawelles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It has been a few months since I bought this product. At first I thought it wasn't the right color match. I ordered it in Shade 51 (the lightest) and it still seemed darker than Bobbi Brown Alabaster and Lancôme in Ivoire 1n. So, it sat in my drawer for awhile. Anyway, the last few weeks I have actually given it a chance. It is a very liquidy texture and goes on quite sheer. For my face I only need 1/2 a pump. I use a foundation brush and apply it to the center panel of my face and then blend out. My gosh, this foundation is the best looking foundation I have ever tried in my life.

First, it ended up not mattering that it wasn't an exact color match since I apply it so sheerly. Second, the yellow tones in it actually do more to correct and even out any redness or pigmentation than better matching, heavier foundations I have tried. Third, it feels divine. At first, you can feel it like any liquid product you put on your skin. In a short time, it sets or sinks in and it is undetectable to me even when looking in a 10x magnifying mirror.

I have looked at it in natural light, artificial light, and even in awful hospital bathroom fluorescent light. It looks amazing. Just so flattering and soft. Doesn't cling to dry patches, gives a radiant glowy finish, and lasts on me at least 8 hours.

However, I have pretty good skin. I don't break out a lot. I don't have acne scarring. I exfoliate regularly. So not sure how this would work on someone that needed more coverage. But for me it is HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by emilyjane98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice foundation that I would definitely buy again. I find it hard to match foundations to my skin sometimes since I am quite pale, but the lightest shade did just fine for me which was a nice bonus. I'd say it is a fairly light coverage, however it managed to hide most of my (now mostly faded) acne scars, with minimal concealer needed. The only downside to this foundation was that after I removed it, my skin felt slightly irritated and was a bit more red than usual. I'm not completely sure if this was due to the foundation or the primer I had used that day, but I would say it was due to my skin being quite sensitive. Overall, a great product, it even smells nice, and I would buy again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by laiagmartin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Last weekend I bought a new foundation since I am gradually turning fairer (lack of sun in my host country is the responsible for that) and my current MAC Matchmaster foundations are starting to become darker on me.
The biggest pros are: adaptability to the skin and an amazing fruit scent that makes it even more attractive. Also has a very hydrating feeling. During the time I have been wearing it has felt fresh and lightweight while giving good coverage.
The only little down is that it was a tad too fair (I have been wearing nº53 Light Beige, while I am a NC25-30) but nothing that can be solved with mixing a bit of this with some of the other foundations I still keep.
This, combined with a great price tag (15 euro, in comparison to the 35 euro of the MAC Matchmaster) makes of this product a keeper! I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by JohnnyMakeup

I got it after watching lots of youtube videos, I wanted to get it in shade 52-53 as I'm rather pale, but SA advised me with 55, which I'm glad since the color range runs a bit funny there lol. I know people have said it's similar to Vitalumiere Aqua, but I haven't tried it. Few years back I had Chanel Vitalumiere Satin Finish Foundation in shade 020 and I remember it was slightly bit darkish, sort of very dewy and felt as if I had jojoba oil all over my face and needed some blotting. It looked terrific, however the pricetag didn't convince me much to repurchase. Let me tell you, when I put on this foundation in shade 55, it was the same exact thing! It feels, looks and wears just the same. Staying power is around 4-5 hours, nice very easy to blend, doesn't cover whole much, gives healthy rested glow and packaging is super light and travel friendly.

Definitely would recommend it.