November 27, 2014 | 1398 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

I've been using this foundation (or tinted moistruizer as I would rather call it), for 2 month and I absolutely LOVE IT!

It covers my skin enough, but I still need to go over with a concealer to cover blemishes and dark circles, like I also would with a normal foudation. The finish is really natural, not to matt or dewy. PERFECT for everyday use (school, work, etc.)

However the lasting power isn't truly amazing. When I get home from school my face doesn't look as good as when I got out of the door in the morning. But for me, it is not really a problem. If you use a good primer underneath, I'm sure it would help.

- The colour selection is OK, of course it would be nice with some more shades. I currently use the lightest shade, and even tho it's pretty pale, it doesn't have so many pink undertones. For me that's a good thing, since my skin is more yellow-ish but pale.

I WOULD REPURCHASE AND RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS A NATURAL LIGHT-MEDIUM COVERAGE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

Wow, I will have to say that I've ignored my MAC and UD Naked foundations for this ever since I've gotten it. It performs so well for how cheap it is! Let me cover the bases.

Color match: I am NC30 at the moment, going lighter. 53 is a spot on match. It's also YELLOW, THANK THE LORD. I usually detest high street/drugstore because of the awful lack of yellow tones. While it isn't exactly super-yellow like I find NARS Stromboli/MUFE HD120 to be, it is still yellow enough to look natural and blends in with my natural tone.

Coverage: I would say medium. All red spots, light broken veins, and other non-severe skin problems are covered. However, it doesn't seem to cover pores completely, which I appreciate because it lends a very natural skin-like finish. I do have to go in with a concealer for any zits (obviously) but it does cover my red mole. It would probably be a light medium if I use my BB. I have clear skin until mother nature visits, but otherwise no skin problems.

Finish: Dewey satin. It's more dewy than a true satin finish, but it's not greasing up. I do blot around my nose and powder.

Weartime: A full day and it fades very beautifully. It doesn't highlight flakes (very important to me especially around my nose area) and doesn't slide around or transfer (also important to me and my white dress shirts!)

Smells great.

Price: I got it on ASOS (free shipping) for about 12 bucks total. Very reasonable, considering how it's beating out my 30 dollar foundations. I would say you could compare it to any high priced foundation and it would be similar if not better. Honestly, you have nothing to lose with this one.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by cure90

After spending literally hundreds of dollars on high end foundations (Bobbi brown, Clinique, Estée Lauder, Yves saint Laurent...) I cannot BELIEVE that I settled for a "cheap" drug store one. And when I say settled... I mean I finally found my perfect foundation for a fraction of the cost. My skin is sensitive, and can break out easily if it's irritated. I have an oily t-zone, and very dry cheeks (almost flaking). I am also very pale. I have mild acne-scarring from a horrible acne break out period last year. This foundation is a god send. It beats all the other "expensive" foundations and I think every single lady should have one. I have the Bourjois Healthy Mix as well to use when I need slightly more coverage, or when I'm going out. But for every day use, especially for work, this is PERFECT. You can't see it, which is a big plus for me. You can hardly feel it.. Yet.. Your skin is somehow .... BETTER. The redness is gone, acne-scarring is blurred (not completely covered), dark areas are brightened... There's a lovely glow to your skin. Although I have an oily t-zone, I find that as long as I put some translucent powder over the top, I will have absolutely no issues whatsoever. I find my oily areas do shine a bit later in the day, but not that terrible greasy shine that looks like you haven't washed your face in a month.. More like that lovely "I just had a professional facial" shine that clean healthy skin has. The colour range isn't extensive but I think anyone can find a match with this range. I can use 51 and 52 with almost identical results. The colours are definitely yellow based - which I never thought I could pull off - but it seems that a yellow based foundation cancels all the redness out which gives you that beautiful evenness to your skin tone which actually matches my neck/chest much better than a pink based foundation. All in all, VERY happy with this discovery. I boast about it to every woman I meet. It really is some sort of liquid miracle. I'm going to have to buy some extra bottles just incase, god forbid, this amazing product is discontinued...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by hottamales

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is in my makeup bag, and I alternate with a tinted moisturiser some days. It's an absolute staple - beautifully natural-looking (looks great in daylight), perfectly photogenic, dewy finish, long lasting (about 8 hours for me) and easy to pop on with your fingers for a quick application on the go. I'm about a MAC NC20 and wear shade 52 Vanilla, colour match is perfect - most people think I've got no makeup on. Price is affordable - I got it on sale from Priceline for $24. I've tried the original Healthy Mix and don't like it as much, most likely because I have very dry skin and find that the Healthy Mix serum just sits better and appears much more radiant and dewy than the original. Totally recommend for a light coverage for dry skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by littlemissmagic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wear shade 51, and I'm usually NC15-20. The shade is a tad on the yellow side, but on my asian skin, it looks very neutral. What I love most about this product is its consistency and blendability. I use a tiny pea-size amount, and there are never any streaks, no dry patches, no cakiness. The best way to apply this foundation is to really massage the product into the skin with clean hands. If I apply it this way, the product really becomes undetectable and doesn't slide off throughout the day. I often mix this with a moisturizer for easy application.

Some people describe this foundation as dewy and not suitable for those with oily skins, but I disagree. I think it dries to a skin-like finish, not sticky, but not velvety. If I use a silicone primer, the finish is velvety. I powder my T-zone with MAC Invisible Set powder, and I get all-day wear.

I took off one lippy because it DOES settle into your pores without a primer. I have visible pores on the sides of my nose, and foundation will just set up camp there after only an hour. Not all foundations do this for me, so this is the only downside. What I do is apply a very thin coat of pore-primer on my nose and cheeks, and the problem is solved.

As this is marketed as being a "serum foundation" with some sort of skin care benefits, the only thing I have to say on that topic is that it does feel soothing to my skin upon application. The feeling lasts for a few seconds, but I feel like it cools down the redness in my skin both in coverage and in the formula. I don't feel like it does anything negative to my skin... it's so lightweight that it I feel my skin can breathe. I would definitely buy this again and again to use casually for light-weight wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Lauracullen

I can't describe how much I love this product! I've been looking for a good coverage, moisturising foundation that isn't too orange/dark for so long and this is it! Although it say light to medium coverage it provides a pretty full coverage especially went built up it also eliminates redness really well! I also find it makes my pore look smaller and my skin very flawless (covers little spots really well). The scent isn't strong but is very pleasant. I've tried mac, bare minerals, max factor etc and never found a foundation so good. The foundation isn't too matted and isn't drying which means it has a little shine however I prefer foundations like this as I think it makes the skin seem much healthier. Also when I remove the foundation my skin feels really soft and seems to be in better condition from using it! Must buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Caitlynmaeg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

My skin is quite dry and I found that the original Healthy mix foundation would cling to dry patches (definitely not attractive!) so I was reluctant to try this one. Then on one of my regular trips to the drugstore I decided why not and I am so very glad I purchased it!
It smells absolutely divine and gives a beautiful dewy finish which is great for my dry skin. The cover is light to medium, unfortunately for me as I prefer full coverage, but it is quite buildable and very very blendable. The shade selection is limited for cool tones but luckily I have warm toned skin and shade 53 was perfect. My biggest con for this product is its longevity. It only lasts maybe 5 hours on my skin which is not great when working 8 hour days but primer, setting powder and setting sprays can do wonders. Overall a great product at a great price, definitely recommend to other dry skinned gals!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by mervesen

I never had such a experience. It is my dream foundation but even the lightest shade is not light enough for me and it is a yellow under-toned!! And worst part is it oxidized on my skin! I was so so upset because it has medium-coverage, nice smell, not cakey look, oil-control, shortly everything people said about it. I wish that they would produce more shades so some people like me could find a proper one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Susie0205

Nice! Medium coverage, more than 10 hour sleep one, and not oily, balance so well! I love it! Nice smell

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by anastesia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me start off by saying that I have not worn a foundation in over 8 years now as I avoid them at all costs. I hate that feeling of heavy foundation and the look of "caked on" face.

To my surprise, this foundation surpassed all of my expectations. I read so many good reviews on this site and decided to give this a try. I am pretty fair skinned, so 51 Light Vanilla was a perfect match for my skin tone. The smell is very fruity and pleasant and I personally do not find it overpowering. The texture is very light and blends in very nicely with the skin. I love how this foundation feels on my face, it's as if I am not wearing anything at all, very lightweight. Due to that fruity smell - its feels really nice to apply the foundation.

I have worn this foundation for 5 hours straight and it looked wonderful. I do not care for "16 hour lasting power" because I do not tend to wear my foundation for 16 hours. But having a combination skin (normal on my cheeks and oily t-zone), this foundation created no problems for me whatsoever. I dusted with the powder after I applied this foundation and did not retouch it since.

The coverage is light-medium. It evened out my skin tone, covered up my redness and that was about it. Nothing less, nothing more. I am sure you can build it up, but I chose not to as I was happy with just the first layer.

The finish of it is not matte which I liked, however I would not call it dewy. It's rather semi-matte and looks quite natural. I would definitely recommend this foundation to those who are looking for a lightweight and natural product. It is pricier compared to other foundations ($27) but it is definitely worth it.