April 21, 2014 | 869 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by robertmugabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It was ok. Just a bit standard really. It doesn't really last long on the face, not even with a primer. After a few hours it goes a bit dry and crusty looking, then after some more hours it basically looks like there's nothing on the face. I've used this for a few months so I know what I'm talking about. Definitely will not be repurchasing ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by sidouxamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I came across this while at the drugstore to get some other stuff, and recall many occasions where Youtubers have raved about this. I was probably initially just shocked that it's such a slim bottle considering that it was 168 HKD (21.64 USD), but it says 30ml, which is pretty average, I suppose.

I'm the kind of person who when they find something they love, they stick to it for ages and ages (not to mention I'm very picky about what I like). However, as much as I love the Revlon Colorstay foundation, it was getting to be far too heavy for the summer, and would melt off after a few hours in the oilier areas. I'll save that for the cooler months.

This serum is just gorgeous - I'm not the type to like light/medium coverage, but this gets rid of a lot more redness than I expected, and has a beautiful and healthy glow to it. It blends beautifully with my flat top buffing brush, and smells really good, too. I've yet to test out its longevity, but I really do hope it lasts at least 10 hours if not 16. A definite new favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by MilenaBR

I apply it with my fingers. The texture is very thin, fresh and smooth, it feels like a caring touch to my face. The finish is natural, satiny, the real "your skin but better" finish. Coverage is light to medium. It evens out my skin tone and covers redness, but blemishes need extra concealing.
Shade 53 is a tad too light for me (NC30-35), but they don't do it in 54 (my shade) and I can get away with it and a little bronzer (I bet I could get away with the 55 also, for the coverage is so light).
Does it oxidize? Nu-huh
My skin type is combo, leaning to dry these days. This foundation feels smoothing and hydrating to my recently dried skin, but it's so light that I think combo-oily skins could also wear it.
It smells delicious, heavenly, but if you don't like smells in makeup... it fades a few minutes after application, anyway.
They claim it lasts16 hours, but it lasts around 5-6 for me, than I start seeing my freckles peeking through.
Does it break you up? not at all
Will you repurchase it? I will probably try the new Bourjois Formula next time, which is said to have a bit more coverage.

Overall: I recommend this one as strongly as I recommend the original Healthy Mix foundation (now discontinued?). Just be aware that it's light coverage and satiny, so if you're after a full coverage, matte foundation, this is not for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 6:02:00 AM More reviews by euristocrat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm absolutely amazed by the quality of this foundation for the price. I had read a lot of good reviews and saw that it was recommended by Lisa Eldridge so I thought I would give it a try. I've always used Chanel foundations and had read that this was comparable and I must say that this is extremely similar to my beloved Chanel Perfection Lumiere except that it is £26 cheaper! The shade selection is limited and the shades are very yellow-based. This is perfect for my cool-toned skin and evens out any redness. However, I can see this being a problem if you are warm-toned and I would definitely recommend trying before you buy if you have pink undertones. I would describe this as a medium coverage foundation. The texture is light and velvety and this foundation spreads easily and evenly using a foundation brush. I was a little hesitant when trying this foundation as it seems to be targeted towards dryer skin types but it does not leave my sensitive-combo skin shiny. I dust a little of Clinique's Blended Face Powder in Invisible Blend over the top and I am good to go all day. I'm not sure about Bourjois' claims that it will wear for 16 hours but it does stay put providing that I set it. I was concerned that the fragrance in this product would irritate my sensitive skin but I have had no trouble. The only real negative I can think of is that it doesn't have SPF so it is essential to use a day cream with a decent SPF underneath. I will be purchasing this foundation again because it leaves my skin looking radiant and even-toned and is extremely reasonably priced - £9.99 in the UK. It just goes to show that a high price does not always equate to high quality.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by stls

I have been using the regular Healthy Mix previously and since I ran out decided to switch to the serum version for spring. I'm not that trilled.

I like the packaging, the texture, the scent and the pricetag. I use no 51 and this one is a bit less warm than the original. It does look natural and has a satiny finish. Didn't break me out.

The negative part is that it covers only slightly better than a regular tinted moisturizer. I haven't got much to conceal but it doesn't even out the redness around my nose that good. Lasting power is average. Not really oil controling.

Overall, if you want just slight coverage and a natural look get it. But I still have to use powder foundation over it to look polished.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

This really reminds me of the Fit Me foundation as it's definitely not matte, on me slightly matte, so not ideal for oily skinned ladies and it's quite sheer so if you need medium to full coverage, avoid. I find it's best applied very lightly with a brush, And it definitely needs primer under it and powder on top to avoid it disappearing. The shade 53 is perfect for NC25-30, my winter colour. Now my PITA skin looks heaps better (for how long, I don't know!) and bb cream is overkill, I'm digging out all my foundation rejects from the previous year and they now look much better. BTW this line is brilliant for those with neutral to yellow tones, not so much pinkies.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by figuresk8r92

I LOVE THIS STUFF! I bought it on a whim because the color seemed to match my skin perfectly in the store. After using it regularly for the past two months, I can safely say that I love it. The color is perfect, which is the first time that's ever happened to me. The serum-y, gel consistency makes it a dream to apply. It glides onto my skin and blends easily. I have found that the best way to apply it is with my fingertips, it doesn't look the same when applied with a brush or sponge. I think this is a light-medium cover that can be built up without looking cakey. It evens out my skin tone beautifully but doesn't cover up any breakouts or my undereye circles, which is probably the biggest downfall for me. The lasting power isn't stellar, but I have found that I can wear it for about 6-8 hours before it starts to fade. The fragrance is a little overwhelming, sort of like a mixture of makeup smell and something fruity. Overall, this is my favorite foundation that I've tried, and I know I'll be repurchasing it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by hazelblackolive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I read all the rave reviews and decided to go with this the next time I ran out of foundation. But I don't like it! I'm willing it away so I can get a new foundation. It doesn't last on my combination skin - even with UD primer and Chanel translucent powder to set. It takes aaages to get it to cover the red undertone on my nose, layers and layers. For reference my nose is not that red, I just have a warm undertone. Basically at the end of the day when I go to take my makeup off it's not really even there anymore and my Rudolf the reindeer nose is out for all the world to see. I was going for a natural look, but not THAT natural!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by lipstickinpink

I'm shade 51 and it matches perfectly! It has a nice fruity smell that isn't too overpowering.

It blends out beautifully, and gives me a medium to full even coverage.
I always reaching for this one (even over my more high priced products)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by pioson1v

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've gotten shade 53, before applying this on, I would put on moisturiser since I have fairly dry skin. Upon application, I would use my hands, because when I use a brush, it makes it look streaky.

When building up from a light coverage, it DOES build up. From afar, it looks fine and makes your skin look absolutely GREAT, BUT if you stand close to the mirror (or someone), it looks unnatural and fairly cakey. With moisturiser on, it only clings to some dry areas.

Feels as if you're not wearing makeup and feels smooth (makes me always want to touch your face) however it doesn't last "16 hours", I'd say around 4 hours with a translucent powder and primer underneath.

I love the package, having a pump is great. As for the colour, since I get lighter in Winter, I mix it with Bourjois' 10 hour sleep (71) which gives an even better effect. There's a smell but it doesn't irritate or bother me. I'd say that it's expensive for a "drugstore" product. Great product, but I don't think I would repurchase.