October 1, 2014 | 1830 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One-by-One, Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by sugaryandspicy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great mascara for the price. it really separates the lashes and keeps the curl like nobody's business. The only drawback to this product is that it's a bit of work to take it off at the end of the day, but if you have patience when it comes to makeup removal, this is a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by eilishfitz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is stellar. I wear it on days when its 95 and up degree weather and it doesn't come off.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by pllover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really liked it. I wore it during work one day and there was no flaking or stuff under my eyes at the end of the day. It holds a curl pretty well, and my lashes don't actually clump together. The smell is interesting though(someone says it smells like lilacs,) and the bottom lashes are kind of hard to get with the wand.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by mbtmom2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't mind paying $$ for products that work and perform well for me. Especially mascara, as I have light, thin, short, sparse lashes. But to me, drugstore mascaras typically perform as well as the high end counterparts. I have tried Dior and other high ends was not impressed This is one of those mascaras that you wonder why you tried so many other options first. This lengthens, separates, and volumizes all in one tube. I actually prefer the waterproof as it holds the curl better for me. I work 12 hour shifts and this lasts without clumping and fading. Maybelline mascaras tend to work as well or better than high end mascaras for me. I've tried the Balm, Benefit Bad Gal and They're Real, Clinique High Impact, Dior, UD, Lancome, MAC, and many more and I still come back to Maybelline.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by CallaayXo

I would have to say this product is amazing! this mascara does a wonderful job of separating my lashes and also lengthening them. I bought this product originally in waterproof then decided to try the regular formula but it did not work the same. I am one that I use mascara one at a time and I seem to keep repurchasing this one. I would recommend this mascara for someone who loves for their lashes to be separated and also lengthened. good find!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Lowecj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara is my drugstore fave! It's just as good if not better than the overpriced department store type. I have short, light, thin lashes and this mascara does everything I want and stays on from 6am until I take off late in the evening, retouch is not even necessary. Including a lunch break with intense workout.
I to use plenty oil to get this stuff off my eyes so I will try my luck with the regular version when I run out, on my second bottle. I reduce a lippie on packaging because the bottom of bottle with mascara started to come apart towards the end of use. Not a big deal but little extra time required to fix. However, first mascara that didnt clump at all even at the very end!! You won't regret buying:)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 4:46:00 AM More reviews by petalofrose

Maybelline One by One waterproof mascara is a great waterproof mascara. I haven't had any problems with it like smudging or smearing under my eyes; no allergic reactions either. The mascara defines and separates my eye lashes especially the ones near the outer corners of my eyes. So it really does live up to its brand name "One by One"..The packaging is typical -twist cap and plastic bristles on the wand applicator; the applicator isn't too bulky, just right. And it's not too expensive for a drugstore mascara, around average and even more affordable if on sale or purchased w/a coupon. But I bet you can also find it at a better price at Target or Walmart also. Overall, I would recommend this mascara and it would be great to include in a make up kit.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by conniehe

Great mascara for someone that likes nice looking natural lashes... this is not for peope who goes for dramatic looks. Its a every day mascara and lasts all day!! Only when im in the shower or apply my makeup remover this goes off... LOVE THIS!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by marianab16

I was used to "Volume Shocking" by L'oreal. It was my favorite mascara ever, but unfortunately it was discontinued. Finding a good mascara is quite difficult. I decided to try Maybelline "One by One". Firstly, because I prefer volumizing mascaras. Secondly, Maybelline as well as L'oreal tend to produce mascaras that have always satisfied my expectations (in the end, it's the same lab).
After trying it, I must say that "One by One" is a really good product. Really waterproof (almost hard to remove). Intense black. The brush called "the lash catcher" is very well designed. It's made of silicone. At the beginning, I didn't like that. Some years ago, I had tried Maybelline "Define A Lash" which had a silicone brush too and certainly, it wasn't big deal. But this case is different. The design of the brush is different and better. Its name, "the lash catcher", defines exactly what it does. It grabs every single lash, even the more difficult ones (the lashes of the corners of your eyes). The effect is great. It's not only a volumizing mascara. It's a lengthening mascara, too. Your lashes look defined, separated with no clumps. It lasts the whole day, keeping your eye makeup in perfect condition. I'm really satisfied with this product. I've tried a lot of brands: Lancome Hypnose, Revlon Grow Luscious, several mascaras from L'oreal and Maybelline and I'd say this product is among the best mascaras I've ever tried.
To be honest, the packaging is not the most elegant. In fact, I'd say is quite gaudy. But if I like the product, I don't care about that.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by LittleVntgeGrape

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got a lot of mixed reviews on this product and after purchasing it, I'd have to agree with that sentiment. For the most part, One by One does what it says--It really defines and separates every individual lash one-by-one. I absolutely love how it grabs every lash and brings it to it's full potential--but that's it.You wont get any volume from it like the packaging indicates. It's an okay mascara for everyday (not dramatically dark, or voluminousness, or lengthy). Its kinda like an "Eh +" lol It improves what lashes you have but does nothing in the way of dramatizing them. Undecided if I'm going to buy it again. It does clump which I'm less than enthused about but I still give it a solid C+