October 23, 2014 | 1689 users online

Blush - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by velandra

I'm usually partial to peachy pink or peach blushes, but dollface entered my radar when I saw someone put this up for a swap. I've seen the AC blushes being reviewed in a lot of blogs so it has piqued my curiosity.

It is described by others as a neutral pink, so I had a feeling I would love this shade. However, living in a country where Tarte is not available, the only way I would get my hands on this blush is through buying online.

I have oily skin, so I'm always in search of products that could withstand my oiliness. The amazonian clay blushes claim to last up to 12 hours, On me, it lasted about 4-6 hours depending on the humidity. I never really expected it to last as long as it said it would, so it's all good.

For me, the shade really seems to be neutral, if not a tad on the cool side. It's just a simple powder pink that I think should suit both warm and cool-toned girls. Although, I think this would work best on those with light to medium skintones. Any darker than that and this might not show up.

I like the fact that the case reflects the color of the blush. This makes it easy to grab the right shade without having to check the label (Nars, I'm looking at you). The mirror is also handy for touch ups.

For $25, it can be a bit expensive. But containing 5.6g/0.20oz, it's still cheaper than Nars blushes which only contain 4.8g/0.16oz.

I find that I reach for this a lot especially now that we are getting to the colder months. I will repurchase if I ever get to finish this pan. I almost forgot to mention that the pan is held in place by a large magnet at the bottom of the plastic case, making it easy to depot. I really hope Tarte will consider selling refills.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the mini size from sephora that also came with the bronzer for $15. I was looking for a matte light pink color that would give my cheeks a brightened look. Most blushes no matter how cool the look in the pan most of them turn warm on my NC40 skintone. I believe this blush sort of turns to warmer reddish pink (dusty pink as someone else described it below). Its ok but not as I was hoping. Perhaps I thought it would look very Benefit Dandelion. Its a pretty color but nothing special on me. Im going to keep the rating at a 4 because I love how long wearing this is. I love tarte blushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. Found that it did last longer than my previous blushes (tarte cheek stain & bare minerals blush). I would give it an hour life of 4-6hrs FOR ME and thats because my face does get a little oily and I work in a kitchen/dining room.

For the price of about $23-25, theres a 60% chance that I will buy it again, and only because I like to see what else is out there. Still havent tried the mac blushes which I hear good review about.

I will be using this blush till it runs out. Packaging is cute and has a decent sized mirror (like powder compact size mirror)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by untakenname1000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

love this blush! great color payoff and lasts all day! does not break out my sensitve skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by kmcelroy66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

FINALLY....a blush that I can wear without breaking out my sensitive, rosacea skin. Love this, I am going to get Exposed next. Dollface is a nice rosey pink on my cheeks. My only complaints are that I have to use my tweezers to open the compact everytime, and it's expensive. Definitely a new fav.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have these in: Tipsy, Doll face and Natural Beauty. Everything is matte, no glitters (not a fan). Last all day without touch ups! Colors will work on every skintone.

I use it everyday, even without foundation on. Just my sunscreen / moisturizer and this blush, I'm good to go run some errands. :)

I have sensitive skin, and prone to acne, this one doesn't make me break out. Happy with the purchase and planning to get all the colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Blissful was my first foray into the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes, and I loved it so much I knew I needed to try more! Dollface was my next choice. MAC's Pink Swoon has been one of my favorites for years, and I thought this color might be similar. It's not actually, it's much more neutral and appears a dusty pink on the cheek versus a bright barbie pink. It goes with all my looks, and it's a good everyday blush shade for me. Like all the other Amazonian Clay blushes, this lasts close to all day on my skin, which is a feat in the summer heat and humidity.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

This does not have a peach undertone. It's actually neutral, but people are so used to baby pink shades being extremely cool toned. Some are so cool toned that they have a touch of lavender or neon pink in them. Perhaps it's people with a warm skin tone that see peach once it's on their cheeks. The shade in the pan is the way it shows on my cheeks. I tend to have dry to combination skin, and oily skin will change the pigment of powder products over time. I'm not sure if I would repurchase because the shade is pretty commonly found, but it gives a soft focus baby pink cheek. It's not as pigmented as the other shades. Natural Beauty is extremely pigmented and the most unique shade of strawberry pink. Dollface and Exposed are the neutrals.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

I'm one of the lucky ones because this comes on like baby pink on me.It just gives me the pinky flush within. I LOVE IT! Staying power we alll agree is amazing. Little goes a long way and definitely give a try first, if you can, prior to purchasing since many are not wow by it. But, for me, it will always be a part of my MU collection.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 4:28:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was expecting Dollface to be more of a powder pink or baby pink, but it ended up being a dusty pink on me. I was quite disappointed, to be honest. The product itself is amazing. Tarte really hit it out of the park with the pigmentation of their Amazonian Clay blushes, but Dollface just isn't anything special. I have a couple of lower-end blushes that work just as well and appear to be the same color for a fraction of the cost.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No