Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara

4.2

water - acrylates copolymer - kaolin - beeswax - silica - butylene glycol - peg-15 glyceryl stearate - alcohol - carnauba wax - hydrogenated rapeseed alcohol - bentonite - tocopherol - jojoba seed oil - dimethicone - simethicone - stearic acid - sucrose distearate - aminomethyl propanediol - aminomethyl propanol - disodium edta - sodium citrate - phenoxyethanol - methylparaben - butylparaben - propylparaben - ethylparaben [ /- mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - carmine (ci 75470) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - ultramarines (ci 77007)]

on 8/14/2011 2:46:00 PM

I love this mascara and use it on both top & bottom lashes. For a non-waterproof mascara, the staying power is great - it lasts til the end of a sweaty, dancing club night!

It is very subtle and not flaky. Lengthening rather than volumizing.

Although it is a bit pricey for a small tube, it is a mixed blessing because it forces me to repurchase regularly (and mascara s/b replaced often).

on 8/8/2011 2:00:00 PM

Fan-freaking-tastic! I have some seriously sparse, straight, oddly-curled bottom lashes, and this stuff is amazing. I also use it on the inner corners of my upper lashes, and haven't had any flaking or smudging. It's reasonably-priced, and the tiny little brush gets every single lash. My new HG mascara.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have weird, curled bottom lashes, so I was never able to get mascara on them with the huge volumizing mascaras I like to use on my top lashes. It made me look like a crazy doll. Therefore, I was super excited to try the Bottom Lash mascara. The brush is the perfect size to catch my bottom lashes and it doesn't smudge at all. The reason I rated this mascara down? It gives me huge clumps! Maybe I got a "dud" tube, but no matter how I apply it, I get big chunks of mascara on my lashes that I have to figure out how to comb off (not an easy feat!) I will probably not purchase again. I love the brush but the formula does not work for me.

on 8/4/2011 7:40:00 AM

I have always been a strictly top lash mascara girl...until now. This little bottle is absolutely great: the formula doesn't smudge and it is really easy to apply. The brush is tiny - like a doll's mascara. I have reaquainted myself with my bottom lashes - now my eyes look framed and fluttery (!) and I realise how lop-sided it all looked before...

I paid $28 AU which is fine for me. I gave it three stars because obviously I would prefer all fab products to be $2.95, however, I would buy this again in a heartbeat.

I absolutely love this mascara from Clinique. It lasts throughout the day and doesn't smudge, aswell as being almost waterproof. Another one of their products I hoard up on when I go to the states. One tube tends to last me a while for me as I only need to go over the bottom lash 2 or 3 times at the most and I'm done. Also love how it is not difficult to remove at the end of the day, unlike many other mascara's I have tried in the past. Definately a repeat-buy for me.

on 7/16/2011 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I had been considering this for a while & finally bought it to bump up my Sephora order for free shipping. So glad I did! I am very nearsighted and struggle with the bottom lashes. It always smudges. This brush makes it SO fast and easy! Two swipes on each eye and you're good! I was concerned that dealing with a separate brush would take too much time, but it actually SAVES time spent manipulating the big brush and cleaning up smudges. In fact, I have even used this on my top lashes. Best of all the mascara, while not waterproof, is very water-resistant--no flaking or smearing and lasts long into the night. I hope enough people discover this product that it stays in the Clinique lineup!

on 7/9/2011 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

When I first bought this I was quite taken aback by the size of the tube - it is tiny, smaller than the mascaras they give away in GWPs. I have pretty long lashes on the bottom, but they are very fair and tend to get covered in concealer while I do my make up, so I have always used a mascara on the bottom lashes. In fact, I was using a mini GWP tube of High Impact mascara on my bottom lashes before I bought this, and the brush itself was fine but it would always flake and smudge. My regular volumising mascara looked too dramatic for daytime if I used it on the bottom, so I was on the quest for a smudge-proof product. This is it. It doesn't budge all day and leaves me with the perfect definition without looking clumpy. It never flakes or smudges.

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong but my usual eye make up remover takes this right off, no need for the whole warm water and fingers removal. I am obsessive about getting every scrap of mascara off and my usual remover does this with absolutely no problems if I use it on a cotton pad as usual.

on 7/4/2011 10:48:00 PM

This does not budge. It stayed in place w/o flaking throughout a 2-hour ballet class. That is all!

on 6/30/2011 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I really like the brush, it makes it so easy to apply mascara to the lower lashes, but it smudges on me, which of course i dont like. I have decided to let it sit for sometime, and try it after a few days, once its little dry....lets see if it helps. But as of now, love the brush, but hate the product.

on 6/19/2011 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Usually with many mascara wands they are too big and I feel like they either poke my eyes out or I get mascara on my lower lashes because of bigger brushes. I'm so glad Clinique came out with this product because it has truly made a difference for my lower lashes. It adds a nice amount of volume and the smaller brush shape makes it easy to control and get into the inner corner of my eyes. I didn't have a problem with smudging or flaking with this mascara and it held throughout a busy day and was easily removed with an eye makeup remover at the end of the day. Don't have anything bad to say about it.