September 21, 2014 | 2047 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Bottom Lash Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Seriously, kudos to Clinique for being actually... innovative! This would be the last brand I could imagine coming out with something like this, I can practically see the head honchos of UD and MAC foaming at the mouth that they didn't come out with this first and calling it something like "Itty-Bitty Lashes".

But no Clinique, with their imaginative naming, have struck gold with Bottom Lash mascara. It's about the same size as their GWP mascaras but the price is somewhat cheaper than the full size at 10, about right I'd say. There is a tiny wand, perfect size for coating each bottom lash with minimal smudging when applying. It also lasts really, really well. No smudging at all during the day but easy enough to remove just with warm water. Great workhorse product, I actually can't think of anything I'd change and I use this daily. It has lasted the same as a full size mascara, it's just starting to dry a bit now and I've been using it for over 3 months I think. Well done Clinique, I love this!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by MizzLadyRob

I would buy again, but not for my bottom lashes. I found that the wand wasn't effective for me. I got mine from a military exchange and it was 8.50, I figured why not. I tried the black/brown and black. It is awesome for eybrows. the black/brown really looked good. I will play with the wand a little more to use the product. I am in love with the idea. Normal mascara wands are much to massive for my eyes, I thought this was a great idea, but the wand is just a little different for me. But I figure its a learning thing. But I think if you haven't tried it and you want too, you should.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Arenal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I feel like a chump for buying this. It *sounds* like a good idea, but smudged all over my under-eye the first time I used it.

I rarely use mascara on my lower lashes, but I thought I'd give this a try. I realized that if I want to use mascara there, I can simply use a waterproof product with a tiny brush, e.g., Maybelline Lash Discovery.

Even though it's *only* $10, the markup on this tiny item (smaller than the testers received in bonus gifts) has to be considerable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by xxchinadoll

i'm in love with this. the tube is really cute and convenient but what really sold me on it is the brush. it's very tiny so it's perfect for your bottom lashes. my bottom lashes aren't the longest but this really does the job. the formula is long wearing and i have worn this in the rain without it smudging. the tube itself is quite small which is understandable since smaller brushes would give you more control but the price is quite expensive for such a small tube. never the less, it has become a staple in my everyday routine and i will continue to buy it.

[EDIT] after a few weeks, I find it's drying out :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Officially now a staple in my makeup collection. I gave it a five and I am usually very stingy about fives. There is nothing this product can possibly improve on.

Sounded gimmicky to me but bought it after reading some reviews on MUA. I usually hate Clinique makeup but will be buying this over and over. I have no bottom lashes so usually when I try to wear mascara on my bottom lashes my lashes would look super gross, spidery, and clumpy. This is truly a revolutionary product in that it perfectly defines every little lash I have and makes my non existent lashes really stand out! I went years without using mascara on my bottom lash because I hated the look so much and pretty much gave up on it because it looked so bad. This product has revolutionized my makeup routine. LOVE. The black color is also a perfect soft black. Does not smudge, has the cutest little flower design, and does what it's supposed to do. What can I possibly deduct lippies for?

p.s. Make sure you only apply one or two thin layers.

updated: recently found that this is a tubing mascara and totally waterproof so it doubles as a great waterproof mascara for the summer if you dont wanna spend extra money. All over the lash it makes your lashes look long and natural looking :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Classycass01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. It stays on all day. Doesnt smudge. It doesn't end up under my eye by the end of the day like regular mascara. I love the little wand. It gets every single lash, especially the ones on the inner corner. And its only 10 bucks. I'll definitely be buying this product again. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the look of mascara on the bottom lash but I usually skip it because every mascara I've used for the bottom always smudges. Even my mascara that I use for the top, Maybelline's Falsies in waterproof, which doesn't give me problems will still smudge a little if I use it on the bottom. Also, a regular brush does not get all the little tiny hairs. I've never used a tiny little brush on the bottom lash before. Then I bought this and wow! It really does get all the little hair's very easily. And I'm happy to say it didn't smudge on me all day! I also love that this comes in a smaller tube so you pay less than you would for a normal size of Clinique's mascara.
Tip: It can get a little bit goopy once in a while, usually if you try to apply more than one coat or it tends to goop up near the corner lashes. I just run my finger over the lashes while it's still wet to get it off and it's gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by mandy412

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product. The tiny brush does a great job of getting all the little hairs and defining them. The price can't be beat and there was definite need in the market because I was so sick of using regular sized brushes to do this and have mascara everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by pseudokool

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this mascara. The $10 tag can't be beat, the tubing formula holds true and removes easily, and I personally love the tiny brush. It allows every single little lash (and mine are tiny) to be coated with glossy black mascara. It does make my lashes stiff and a little hard, but I find that almost all the tubing mascaras I have tried also do that. I was a diehard Blinc fan, but Clinique's is only ten bucks, and is much easier to acquire. So far I have had no problems with smudging, color and hold is great, and I love the brush. A must have staple on my vanity table.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The first time I used this I was so surprised at how many lashes I actually have! I've never used a mascara that managed to grab every single little lash, and the effect is almost startling. Nothing overdone, just tons of soft, tiny lashes.

I love volumizing mascaras and a very dramatic, false eyelash effect. But it's too much for my bottom lashes, especially since they're already long. I inevitably end up with mascara on my lower lid, whether it's from the applicator itself or the formula smudging throughout the day. Often I only end up sort of "tapping" mascara onto my lower lashes so they don't look ridiculous.

This minuscule applicator is easy to wield and gets every last lash. It's a rich black pigment so my lashes look noticeable without making too much of a statement. And because it's a tubing formula it dries quickly and doesn't budge or transfer at all. It only requires one coat and offers great separation and a natural appearance. Usually I'm not a fan of tubing mascaras because they're never as easy to remove as they promise. But this washes off easily with my usual cleanser. It dissolves into that strange gummy texture that seems common to a lot of tubing mascaras. Always weird but at least it's coming off without any aggravation.

I had no idea I'd end up even wanting to use an additional mascara every day but the results are too good to pass up. Definitely a must have product and I'd repurchase this again.