Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof Long Lasting eyeliner

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, paraffin, PEG-6 beeswax, diisostearyl dimer dilinoleate, hydrogenated castor oil, ozokerite, calcium stearate, ceresin, alumina, TOCOPHEROL, ascorbyl palmitate, methylparaben, and propylparaben. [+/- May contain CI 42090 / blue 1 lake, CI 75470 / carmine, CI 77007 / ultramarines, CI 77163 / bismuth oxychloride, CI 77288 / chromium oxide greens, CI 77289 / chromium hydroxide green, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / iron oxides, CI 77510 / ferric ferrocyanide, CI 77742 / manganese violet, CI 77891 / titanium dioxide, and mica.

on 8/23/2004 3:04:00 PM

I have dry-lined w/shadow for years BC I could NOT find a pencil that stayed put. This one does! I have it Cafe which I like so much I just got another one, plus one in Noir. Love the smudger tip!!! Bought all mine on ebay, don't know if I would buy at full price.

on 8/13/2004 10:23:00 AM

I offer this as an example of why this product is one of my staples:

I went to the gym and did 40 minutes of high cardio on the treadmill, I then did 40 minutes of yoga/stretching, I finished with 70 minutes of intense strength training. I was sweating like a pig (do pigs sweat?) and there was still a nice discernable line next to my lashes. It wasn't as intense as when I put it on, but it was still a discernable line of color and it kept me from looking like a completely washed out hag.

I give this product only 4 lippies because I think the trade off for staying power is color intensity. The colors are okay, but not really vibrant or remarkable. They seem mostly to provide a nice frame to the eyes, wihout really providing extra pop. Perhaps the great waterproof formulation just means that vibrant, rich color isn't possible.

Nevertheless, I wear this liner almost everyday. It stays put, stays on forever, and doesn't budge until I take it off. I usually don't smudge it. Pretty remarkable

A necessary staple for eyeliner wearers.

continued >>

on 8/13/2004 12:42:00 AM

I do my eyes everyday. My eyes are sensitive and prone to allergies so I usually have to wear waterproof eyeliner. My staple black and brown waterproof eyeliners are by Prestige (a cheap but excellent product) but most of my other eyeliner colors are from the Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof line. I have Bronze, Vert, Violet and Prune. I love the fact I don't have to sharpen them because I am horrible at sharpening eye pencils (not sure why that is). They are expensive at $20 each and seem to finish up rather quickly - thus the rating of only 4 lippies. I recently restocked on these from ebay at approx. $10 each.

on 7/20/2004 10:36:00 AM

I have used this eyeliner for the past 2 years. I have tried others, but either they don't resharpen well or they smudge etc. I keep going back to this one because its the best i've tried yet. Its self sharpening and it lasts most of the day. I usually line my eyes and then smudge it with a small stiff brush w/dark brown shadow on it to set it. It is expensive for a pencil and it appears to have gotten smaller. But so far its my HG pencil.

on 7/5/2004 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an HG eye liner for me. It smudges just enough to make my eyes look more open but is not harsh (unless I want to make it that way and not smudge it). It lasts all day. If I want ANY eyeliner to last under my eyes I apply English Ideas' Liner Last. But I love this liner. I have Bronze, Prune, Vert and Violet Vignette. I will probably end up getting all of them, eventually, they work so well for me.

on 6/23/2004 12:55:00 PM

I'm an eyeliner addict. This eyeliner lasted very long. Noir is a very deep black color...no fading to gray throughout the day =) The sponge at the end of the brush can smudge the eyeliner for that sultry sexy smoky look. Update: I wore this dancing last night in my bottom inner rims and it did not budge! It looked terrific all night.

on 5/15/2004 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this in Noir, and I use this to line my inner rims. When I first bought it, it seemed to last throughout the day. But nowadays, I'm finding that it rubs off almost completely within a few hours. I don't like the way it globs onto my lower lashes either. For $25 CAD, this is a rip off, and I think I'll try Rimmel, Revlon or Lise Watier next.

on 4/13/2004 9:28:00 PM

I just purchased my third one of this product. Normally I get it in Noir, but this time I purchased Prune, a plummy color, which brings out the green in my eyes. I originally thought that $20 for eyeliner was expensive, but each one I've bought lasts me over a year, so its worth it. I have really watery eyes in the spring (allergies) and this stay put through it all! No smudging even when its humid out and it applies smoothly with no tugging or skipping. The only thing I don't like is that the caps are two diffrent lengths and I sometimes mix them up.

on 4/11/2004 7:35:00 AM

I've grown to hate this eyeliner over the past year I've been using it. I bought it on ebay for $10 without knowing anything about it. Stupid mistake (pre-MUA days :) My oily Asian eyelids are just too much for this product, especially in CA summer heat. I get that xerox/crease line effect within an hour or two of putting this on. And throughout the day, it smudges onto my undereye, which is horrible! And it doesn't last thru my partying, that's for sure. Also, I hoped it would stay put for inner eyelining, but nope, it disappears almost as soon as I put it on. Maybe it's just me? Sounds like other people have had better luck with this. Just not me. I finally got my lazy butt over to the Stila counter to get the Smudge pot gel liner, which stays alllll day (no crease line, no smudging where it shouldn't, I think I've found my HG). Definitely won't be buying Lancome again.

on 3/21/2004 1:47:00 PM

Lancome discontinued my holy grail eyeliner, Le Stylo Waterproof in Tabac a while back. Since then, I had resorted to replenishing my supply on eBay. Tabac was a nice light-medium silvery brown which stayed put on my oily lids. I recently noticed that Lancome has a new limited-edition color called Shadow which appeared on the website to also be a light-medium brown. At $20.50, I wanted to be sure, so I wrote to the customer-service department to inquire as to whether or not it might be similar color to Tabac. The response came back, "The shade 'Shadow' is very similar, if not identical, to 'Tabac'," so I placed my order. Upon receiving my order, I am very pleased to report that in fact, Shadow is identical to Tabac. Shadow is a lovely light-medium taupe eyeliner in a twist-up container. You can smudge it when you first put it on, and it will stay put all day. Shadow comes with a blending sponge at one end, and the packaging does a better job of showing the product color--making it easier to find the eyeliner I want in a box full of black plastic pencils.