July 29, 2014 | 905 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by cheljo01

I just got this in the mail yesterday after reading MANY reviews on it here. I really want to try the Clarisonic, but who has $200+ to spend on that?! So, I opted for the Olay since I've seen it many times in the store and always wondered how exactly well it worked. I have combo/oily skin that is prone to breakouts and it sensitive. For about the past 6 months (after moving to Florida) I've had cystic acne around my chin/jaw, which is the first time I've had a problem (I'm now 24.) I have tried many drugstore treatments, lotions/creams, and other things. I'm new to exfoliating because I've never had problems before so I never had a real reason to do it. I've been using the Olay Pro-X exfoliating system stuff which helps a bit, but i feel like it dries my face out. Last night I tried this spin brush for the first time and I did it on the highest setting (which is the deep-cleansing one.) I used the little exfoliant that comes with it, but I'm not sure how I feel about it. It does have the little grains like most exfoliants, but I feel as if the grains could be a bit bigger for a better scrub. On level 2, the highest setting, I scrubbed my face and watched at how much makeup came off (and that was after cleaning my face first.) I thought that was pretty cool. As I do have sensitive skin, I didn't think that the highest setting was too rough or anything. I feel like it could be more intense. The brush itself is really soft, and maybe it could be more stiff. Afterward, I put on Dickinson's Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting as a toner (i read many reviews on that too.) I immediately felt like my skin was lighter/cleaner.
This morning, I woke up and decided to check out my face. I noticed probably a 50-75% increase to clearer skin. I was pretty dang happy about it. So, since the directions to this box says 2x daily, I used the spin brush as an exfoliant this time (on setting 1/the lowest setting.) Again, I used Dickinson's as a toner. I felt better yet again with my face. I noticed it looked a lot clearer. As some reviews say how their makeup went on smoother, I'm not so sure on that. I didn't notice a difference and if there was a difference, it was very little.
Tonight, I used the 2nd level setting again, Witch Hazel again, and it feels really really smooth. It is becoming so much clearer already and I'm really enjoying it. Who wouldn't? As for blackheads and making pores smaller, I have noticed the blackheads on my nose are bit smaller, but I think that might be because of the witch hazel (which I am SO happy I found. It's cheap, organic, and works!! It stinks badly, but beauty is pain.) The little machine could've used a stand or something to put it in to keep it completely clean. Oh, and I always was the head of the brush with Dial antibacterial soap and hot water.
All in all, I am enjoying this little thing. It might not compare to the Clarisonic, but for $20, it's not bad. Would I buy it again? Probably, unless by some miracle I could convince my husband that a Clarisonic is heaven-sent and that I must have it (which is highly unlikely.) So, don't expect to become completely clear the next day, I'm pretty sure that's impossible. If you're unsure, take the little plunge and get it. Try it out and see if it works. If you see an improvement, then awesome! If not, you're not out of very much money or time spent. Hope this helps anyone!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Jamieflan1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty cool little product. Because Clarisonic was so expensive, I went for this one. After seeing the good reviews here, I picked it up at Walmart for $29.99. I do not use this with Olay's cleanser- I use Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Cleanser and this brush on low every night.

Before cleansing, I usually use a make up removing wipe Once or twice a week, I use it on high speed mode. I've noticed an improvement in my skin's smoothness and softness. I haven't had a breakout in about a month since I started to using this. It's like a massage for your face and actually feels very good!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by tito_barf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this after I stopped taking birth control pills, as I expected horrendous hormonal acne to return. It's kept the zits at bay, though it's not exactly a miracle worker. I obsess over my pores, and this doesn't really affect them--but to be honest, I might attribute this to increased oil production due to hormones.
PROS: Battery powered! No charging station, can leave it in the shower. Does an excellent job of cleaning and is easy to use. Gentle if you don't press AT ALL.
CONS: Doesn't scrub out your pores, you'll need an oil-dissolving cleanser for that. Can irritate your skin if you're not careful.
TIP: Be very, very gentle if you use it 2x/daily. You'll get the cleansing done, but if you irritate your skin, you may find you get little whiteheads as part of your skin's response. I kept getting them until I realized this, now I'm clear.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by jvdb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE. Decided to purchase after reading reviews on there and it definitely lives up. Cost is appropriate and very good compared to alternative tools that do the same thing. Still get red spots where the blemishes would have been but has virtually cleared my mild cystic acne that I used to get under my cheek bones. Doesn't prevent the blemishes completely but prevents them from becoming huge and instead minimizes them to small red spots that are even with the skin and far easier to conceal & heal far faster. Have been using the cleanser that comes with, been using for about 3 weeks.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by jess8780

I bought this because it had good reviews and I wanted to try something like the clarisonic but without the pricey tag. All I have to say about this product is that...I LOVE IT! It removes all traces of makeup, oil, and dirt without drying your skin. Ive also noticed my pores got smaller and i dont get blackheads anymore. Once upon a time I was afraid to wash my face throughly bc I would break out due to my sensitive skin but not with this product. I use with the olay exfoliating creme and I use minimal pressure to not irritate my skin. Im very happy with this product and I would definitely recommend.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by hoijacque27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

GREAT GREAT Product if you want your skin looking clear and clarify, dirt-free and acne hassle-free, you have to try this spin brush and the cleanser t/g.
my face felt so clean and refreshing after each use.

the price is not as crazy as Clarisonic, but it works as great

i used to have acne or black head n blemishes all the time since i put on make up almost everyday whenever i go to work, after giving this product a try , i havn't been having any breakout from the "make-up residual" issue ( i didn't clean my face good enough for all the makeup i put on)
now i only get an acne or two before period which i can't avoid

the cleanser is Super Gentle with exfoliating micro-scub, not harsh to your face at all, for all skin type and sensitive skin also

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like everyone else, I bought this as a cheaper alternative to the clarisonic and I LOVE IT! My face has been clearing up tremendously and I credit that to this!
The first two times I used it, I used my Cetaphil with it and woke up with new pimples. Yikes! I think that was because the Cetaphil is so watery, it disappeared into the brush quickly and then the brush just irritated my skin. So I started using it with a cream cleanser and I am in love!
I have been using it for 3 weeks. I only use it at night and on the slower speed (although I do use it on the faster speed once a week). I use it for 30 seconds, put some more cleanser on my face, then use it for another 30 seconds to avoid irritation. I wash the brush after every use with baby shampoo and super hot water, then a cold rinse.
I was getting cystic pimples, but I haven't since I started using this. My skin is so much clearer and smoother. It is my HG!
Would I repurchase? Um, YEAH! If it broke or something, I would immediately drive to the store and buy another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by msjoannabanana

I just looked in the mirror at my skin and immediately had to come write this review. This brush has completely annihilated an awful cystic acne breakout on my chin/mouth area that i have been trying to get rid of for the better part of 6 months.

I do not use this with the cleanser it comes with, I use it with my HG salicyclic acid face wash by Clean and Clear. I use it twice a day and have not found it to be irritating or drying--my skin seems much less oily in general and baby soft since I started using the Pro-X.

Just had my period and did get 2-3 zits which is half of what I would normally see during that time of the month and now, 2 days after my period ended, they are almost all gone.

Can't see how the Clarisonic could possibly give better results because my results are already perfect! This is clearing up my blackheads and I feel like it is speeding up the fading of acne scars, though I will definitely need to seek out a product just for that once my face is 100% clear.

Putting the batteries in is majorly annoying, but worth it. If you've been looking for a solution for clear skin...for me this was it.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Not too harsh on my sensitive/early rosacea skin. Two speeds. Helps me with exfoliating, where most scrubs irritate me too much. Reasonable price.

CONS: (See alternates regarding deeper-level stimulation you can get from the Clarisonic.) The battery compartment is ridiculously hard to get into. Had to use the end of my scissors to pry it off, and I was afraid I would break it at any second.

USAGE TIPS: For my very sensitive skin, I don't leave it long on each spot of skin, and I use it on the low speed. And I only use it at night.

ALTERNATES: I have this and the Clarisonic, and this is much better for my sensitive skin (even using the Clarisonic's most gentle brush that's name is "delicate.") I can see how some may prefer the Clarisonic for really vibrating/deep-stimulating the skin. There is some deep-level vibration with this one too, just not as much.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Been dealing with this nasty thing called "milia" and I've taken antibiotics and steroids to get rid of these whitehead looking things all over my grill. Anyway, I cheaped out on buying chemicals the doctor prescribed (one of the things was 500 bucks!) and my boyfriend suggested I just say f it and buy this.

LONG STORY SHORT, this thing definitely got rid of my face things and it's been clearing up my skin over the past two weeks. Feels horrible explaining my self diagnosed milia but I hope this helps out my fellow sensitive skinned ladies (or men)!

You don't necessarily have to stick with the olay cleanser provided, I've been switching back and fourth between the purpose cleanser which is really gentle and a tea-tree oil cleanser from the body shop.

If it irritates your skin, you're overdoing it by either spending too much time on one spot or not moving the brush fast enough.

On another note, I really believe this is an awesome small cheap dupe of the ever-so-popular clarisonic because honestly... who has 100+ bucks for a spinning brush?!