January 31, 2015 | 943 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Elixir Ultime

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by misskat10

Kerastase ELIXIR ULTIME hair oil is the best one I have ever used. I went from using the Moroccan Oil to this and I find it way better. I have hair extensions so I wanted something that would condition my hair but also be gentle for hair extensions, my hair hasn't looked healther ever! The price is a little expensive ($50) but worth the money. The packaging is a plastic bottle so great if you think you'll spill it or knock it over. I like the smell :) Great for split ends or just to make your hair look health and happy :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by fionnasaprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

After having long, thick beautiful hair growing up that was in perfect condition for some reason I turned 15 and wanted it shorter so I could style and play with it. I stupidly let hairdressers layer and cut into it and most of them had an obsession with thinning out my thick hair. After quite a few years of curling/blow drying/ straightening I realised my hair was was in disgusting condition compared to what it used to be. I have bought the most expensive conditioners/shampoos/serums/hair mask/ ANYTHING that will restore my hair to its former glory but it was still dry, breaking off and didnt shine anymore. I am a massive fan of Kerastase and when this came out I was reluctant to try it. I thought it would make my hair horribly greasy. THANK GOD I decided to buy it. I cannot stress how amazing this is. It is my dessert island product. I would honestly choose this over anything. It smells wonderful, you really dont need a lot. I work some through my ends and it gets rid of that horribble brittle and dry feeling. I work some through the lengths of my hair too. The shine I have in my hair now is amazing. It feels silky and soft, it looks so so so healthy. I could keep writing the most wonderful things about this product. I know a lot of people complain about the price of this product but it last for ages. To be honest this stuff is so amazing I would pay double the price for it. I have tried every product and brand from Redken, Philip Kinsley, Bumble and Bumble....they have NOTHING on this oil. BUY IT!!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedannie

GROSSLY overpriced. I had MAJOR expectations for this stuff. I have tried EVERYTHING on my thick, blonde, wavy, pouffy, frizzy hair.
Six months ago I had a Brazilian Keratin straightening treatment.
A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. But then I read about the cancer risks associated with formaldehyde and it freaked the b'Jesus out of me. The Kerastase Elixir was supposed to transform me into some demi-goddess. That didn't happen, funnily enough. It smells ok. It has four different oils but texture-wise it feels synthetic. And it cost a small FORTUNE. The ONLY thing that works for me is John Frieda's Straight Fixation mixed with pure organic Argan oil (any brand). I blow dry it and then use straightening irons. This mixture gets rid of the frizz and makes my hair pretty darn straight. So my endless HG hair straightening product quest continues...

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by 5lover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had high hopes for this, but sadly it made my hair terribly static and uncontrollable. This is unusual for my hair as static is not normally an issue, but with EU, it was flying all over the place and sticking to the comb,I tried everything to calm it down. I will stick with the wonderful Fluide Chroma Riche in future.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by emilysparrowreturns

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

HG for my hair. I have very damaged hair from bleaching, dyeing and styling, and this has repaired my hair in about a week.

I use it as follows:
Massage into my hair before shampooing, rinse, shampoo twice, then use a pump of it in my conditioner.

My hair dries incredibly smooth, silky, soft. You can't feel or see the damage anymore. It's basically just incredible. I will probably cry if they discontinue this.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 4:10:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG material! It is a very light oil that does not weight my hair down. I use it on damp hair and mix it with Ciment Thermique. I then use a drop of this fab oil as a finishing product on dry hair. Amazing results: my hair is silky, smooth and light - no oily residue. The price is outrageous (I bought it on line as it is cheaper than at the hairdresser), but I can cut down on other products and balance out the expense. The smell can be overpowering at first (sort of coconut), but it quickly disappear.
I have not used it as a pre-cleanser yet and I will experiment more with the product in the future. Check on YouTube videos by Kerastase that explain how to make the best out of this product. No leaflet or explanations in the packaging (that, by the way, looks very tacky).

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by skingeek

Amazing Product !! Elixir is a savior for damaged hair !! I have thick hair damaged from coloring and blow drying , this product is just perfect "On -The GO " Essential for the Hair. I use it immediately on towel-dried hair and then just dry it , my hair looks fine and no frizz. I sometimes use in the middle of the week if i feel its too dry or I can see split -ends. It smells great too. Although I don't think it makes a difference if I use it 15 minutes before washing my hair as one of the product usages.

Give it a try !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by izzieong

I have never written a review before but I thought I had to when I tried this product. I love this product. I have very long hair (past my waist) which thus means it can get quite dry and the ends. Since using this product, my hair has been softer, more manageable and more hydrated- when I forget to use it I can see a marked difference. I love this product, and yes it is quite expensive, but you really don't have to use a lot, in fact for me personally any more than half a squirt and it makes my hair a tad greasy. I have used this product almost every time I wash my hair and the product level has decreased by less than a cm- I got this in January! Amazing product- it is the first product (skincare, haircare or otherwise) that I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by mccafferty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like it. I use it after conditioning and towel drying my hair. Half on the ends and half smoothed out over the entire length. It leaves my hair feel bouncy and nourished. My hair is only slightly dry. I imagine it will make a bigger difference on drier and more damaged hair. I look forward to using this in summer when I'd like to wash my hair everyday. Washing too often can dry out my hair but now I won't have this to worry about. Compared to other leave in hair treatment products I've used, this feels by far the most natural and nourishing. Other (cheaper) stuff tends to leave a silicony coating on my hair and does nothing to condition it. And I like its soft and warm smell. Considering how long it can last, I don't think this is expensive. (I paid 28 for it)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by ivily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

good product but not that special as I expected after all that rage about elixir.
gives my hair glossy finish. tried to use it as hair mask but nothing special happened.