July 23, 2014 | 2007 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Elixir Ultime

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by mccafferty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like it. I use it after conditioning and towel drying my hair. Half on the ends and half smoothed out over the entire length. It leaves my hair feel bouncy and nourished. My hair is only slightly dry. I imagine it will make a bigger difference on drier and more damaged hair. I look forward to using this in summer when I'd like to wash my hair everyday. Washing too often can dry out my hair but now I won't have this to worry about. Compared to other leave in hair treatment products I've used, this feels by far the most natural and nourishing. Other (cheaper) stuff tends to leave a silicony coating on my hair and does nothing to condition it. And I like its soft and warm smell. Considering how long it can last, I don't think this is expensive. (I paid 28 for it)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by ivily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

good product but not that special as I expected after all that rage about elixir.
gives my hair glossy finish. tried to use it as hair mask but nothing special happened.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by May_Bee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I probably had unrealistic expectations of this product, based on the glowing reviews and also (I admit) on the high price. Used as a pre-wash I don't notice any effect. As a leave in conditioner it makes my hair smell wonderful, and gives it a slight temporary slipperiness that feels siliconey to me. Used to smooth down dry hair it achieves little, except to perfume my hair (smells a bit like Estee Lauder Sensuous). I don't feel it has improved the appearance of my hair at all - just leaving coconut oil in overnight then washing it in the morning gets me a better result. I will use up the bottle quite happily but will not buy again at this price - the results aren't impressive enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by loucarroll73

Great product, found this to be me much nicer than moroccon oil and a bit cheaper. My hair looks and feels a lot healthier since using this product.

Have to say my opinion on this product has changed and after reviewing I don't rate this product as highly as previously. I would say that it is farily bog standard and there are now better more affordable products that do the same thing on the market.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Ianthe19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm a Kerastase girl when it comes to hair and I was so excited to try this. I was disappointed though; it was totally average and no better than any of the other Kerastase serums. Saying that, it's a decent serum, and doesn't make my long, dry, fine highlighted hair greasy or weighed down. It doesn't turn it dull or anything. But it didn't change my life. Drat!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Baldwin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is a miracle for dry and damaged hair! I have been bleaching my hair platnium for years. Since I have started using this, my hair has started growing again, it really helps to repair split ends and leaves hair healthy, soft, and smelling great! Great for blondes!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by jackontherocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really like this product as a leave-in conditioner of sorts. It's not as oily or sticky as a serum or oil, it's very lightweight! I feel like it does help or repair hair, or fend off breakage/split ends. My hair just feels a lot more fresh and healthy when I run my fingers through it after using this product for only a few weeks. The price is steep (around $50USD) but I only need 1 pump of product a day - and I have long/thick hair! I use an extra little bit if I'm going to heat style as protectant as well. Will most definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Sm4rt1es

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't love this, but I didn't hate it either. I just feel it did nothing for my hair. However, I gave this product to my mom and she's all raves for this (her hair is dry and pretty damaged, since she colors).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WONDER PRODUCT FOR V DAMAGED HAIR This is not cheap but, its worth saving for as there is nothing like it in terms of smoothing for frizzy hair....absolutely nothing to compare with it even in the Kerastase range and I have tried all their products as my hair is damaged, fine, long,weak,processed - you name it, I've done it to my hair! I am giving myself a break from GHD's and this is what I needed to use before I blowdry. ITS AMAZING FOR V DRY/DAMAGED HAIR

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the fragrance of it, I would rather say that it is unique and very beautiful! The product has a nice texture, it can be used in many ways (before washing, in towel dry hair, and even on dry hair - alone or as a base together with other styling products). It makes hair soft, beautiful and shiny. It does not make hair oily - even thin hair ( is a lot lighter than Kerastase Oleo-relax). Love it!!!