October 2, 2014 | 1858 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovely stuff. I'm hesitant to yell "HG," though I do always find myself reaching for this for foundation. I suppose it is somewhat of a saving grace for me on terms of matching my difficult skin tone.

Maybelline's Fit Me foundation is moderately light-feeling, has a dewy finish, is nice and easy to work with, and comes in a huge variety of shades for even the lightest skin tones. Packaging is just all right, being usable and fully functional is what matters most. I never did like the screw-on caps because the foundation tends to dry and yellow around the mouth of the bottle, though besides that, it does do the job fine. I'm only nit-picking now!

My skin is more pale and bluer-toned for even MAC's fairest foundation to match, so finding something light enough for me has been a nightmare for years. Even the lightest shade of most every professional or drugstore foundation shows up yellow. If you're at all familiar with this problem, definitely try this foundation.

I'm eighteen and am not easily prone to break-outs, so personally, heavy coverage/wrinkle diminishing aren't what I look for in a foundation. I tend to flush embarrassingly easily when I get warm or move about too much, so I only need something simple to cover redness and even my skin while being gentle. No bells and whistles needed.

Unfortunately, it still quite easily wipes off if you accidentally bump your face or rest on a pillow or some such, so I'd recommend some sort of sealing powder(not familiar with any myself.) Lasts about 4-6 hours with minimal touching/smearing, though can sweat right off before the day's done if you aren't at all careful with it.

I will be honest and say that this does clog my sensitive pores if I don't give my skin a day's break of make-up after a few days or so. My cheeks in particular tend to get a bit more clogged than usual, though some face-wash and a day without painting my face at all will put my skin right back to normal. Ah, the price of beauty!

In all, a good, easily-accessible foundation for sensitive skin. Has its flaws here and there with the clogging, though then again, our skin isn't initially made to be covered up.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation works pretty well. It's a bit sheer, but still evens out my skin and looks nice. I won't be buying this again because I think I can probably get something that will match my skin better, but if I not for that I would have no complaints. The product itself worked fine for me as long as I set it with powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by 8bitAmes

I quite like this foundation. I'm more of a BB cream / tinted moisturizer kind of gal, but this is nice for a medium-coverage drugstore foundation, and you cannot go wrong with the vast selection of shades. The coverage is nice, not cake or too heavy and blends well into my skin. I finished with a loose setting powder and my skin looked amazing and natural. The bottle is a pain in the arse. It's glass and I'm super clumsy and you have to pour it out. I prefer a squeezy tube. Overall, I like it but the packaging is sub par.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Snoowhite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Not sure why people are complaining about this, I've been using it for years and love it. Much better than the other cheap drug store foundations. The wide range of shades are great and the classic ivory is not orangey or pinkish but matched my skin great. I pour an even amount into the lid and dip my brush in and go, it's really not that difficult. I set the foundation with the Nude by nature mineral powder lightly and it last the day for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

So this foundation boasts that it is "skin tone matching". That's sort of where my problem lies. I have very fair skin, yes, however I like my foundation slightly darker to add a bit of colour to my skin. The lightest colour in the store was 115 ivory, which I bought, and I also purchased the 120 classic ivory. They DO have a shade called 'porcelain' available in the Fit Me range which you can purchase online but is hard to find and more expensive. The 120 was extremely orange, so I am giving it away. I am trying to get the 115 to work, but I am still finding it orange, which is extremely disappointing. I am using powders to blend it to my skin as well and the colour still doesn't feel right so I cannot advise people with light skin to buy this because it just doesn't match. The product is very runny, and looks patchy on my skin - which is probably because the colour is too orange! The coverage is light to medium, I have acne and acne scarring which isn't covered by this product alone, but with a concealer and powder it's okay. A lot of people are saying this product is oily. I have oily/combination/acne prone skin, and I haven't really had too much of an issue with the oil factor. I use a powder over this foundation which must be soaking up all the oil. HOWEVER I have noticed my eyelids have gotten quite oily from this product - because I do put foundation on my eyelids (plus I HAVE to to make this product blend into my skin tone), so I guess I'll have to put powder on my lids too. Also, this product smells very strong of sunscreen, which I can even sort of smell on my skin.

Overall, I don't know. If you have tanned/darker skin and not much of an issue with acne, then I think this product could be quite good! But if you are pale you will struggle with matching the skin tone, and if you want to cover your acne or have full coverage, this product isn't really for that.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by moonstonebeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not my favorite foundation. I honestly like the bottle and it didn't do anything bad which is good since my skin is quite sensitive, however I don't find it something I would repurchase. It has such a great color range in my opinion and I love that, not many other foundations have colors that suit me as well as this did (310 Sun Beige - NC40/42 MAC) but what I don't really like is how overly dewy it is, which is great for dry skin types like mine but I still found it to have light coverage, horrible lasting power and it just rubbed off during the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by bmacieje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this 2 years ago (2012) and I liked it and did not. I wore it everyday to school and every time I went out. Back then i had deep scarring and the occasional pimples on my chin and forehead. I also have very bad dark circle under my eyes, insanely dark! But in all honesty, I only wore because I wanted to use up the product and move on to something else. Looking back though I would purchase this again but the lightest shade (110) and test it out on my face again.

Pros:
- Gives medium coverage to my skin, including under my eyes
- There is enough of this product to last you at least 6 months and I used a lot of it back in the day.
- The colour matches pretty well with skin tone (I have a cool under tone)
- Cheap in cost (less than $10)
- Does not oxidize so much

Cons:
- This stays on my face all day but it doesn't at the same time. When I wore this in the winter, my makeup would rub off at the slightest touch onto my turtle neck sweaters and even my coat. It is not good to wear this foundation on its own, you must apply powder on top!
- this melts on your face if you have oily skin.
- The bottle is crap. You got to tilt it until the foundation pours out. I just began dipping a small brush into the bottle and applied it to my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by ThatGuyOverThere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after being recommended it buy one of the leading Youtube guru's. I was keen to try it on - maybe this would be the so-called 'holy grail' foundation I'd been searching for. About two months later, I have now seen what this foundation is all about.

What is the consistency of the foundation? It's well-rounded in its liquidity. It's not too watery, which enable you to pump some product on your hand, without it getting everywhere. I feels light and is very easy to blend out - almost too easy. The product could come across as a little greasy, hence oily skinned people probably should stick to other foundations. This is a pretty light coverage foundation, meaning it does not have a concealer-kind-of quality to it. However, the foundation does have a beautiful, skinlike, dewey finish, when applied on normal/slightly dry skin. It does ware of quiet fast, though, and does leave you patchy if not being touched up through out the day. I would not recommend using a powder on top, since it gives a flowery look to the face. You'd probably want to use a setting spray when wearing this product.

Overall, I do feel it's a pretty good foundation when having a good skin day. It does even out the skin tone, but still leaves some natural imperfections peek through. Maybelline Fit Me is what to expect regarding the price, I guess. But I wouldn't by it again, since having a fair skintone and some blemishes equals redness - something this foundation, unfortunately, is not too good at covering up.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Tarzmahal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall this is a decent drugstore foundation. It has medium coverage but wears off quickly if not set with powder or setting spray. It goes on well and has a nice natural finish.

Pros
- good selection of shades
- easy to blend
- nice dewy finish
- reasonable coverage

Cons
- not suitable for oily skin, better for girls with dry skin
- seems to disappear from my face mysteriously after about 3 hours
- not really buildable without looking unnatural

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 6:10:00 AM More reviews by dora9213

well... it is too heavy..