August 27, 2014 | 1700 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very pale, warm-toned skin, and I use this in Ivory Cream. When EL repackaged and made this product part of their Double Wear line, I was concerned that this old favorite wouldn't be as good. Dead wrong. I've been using the revamped product for months and have to say that I like it even BETTER than the original. Great coverage, lightweight feel, and this one is even creamier. I get compliments on my skin all the time, and this is what I do: In the morning, I wash my face with warm water, then apply a moisturizer and sunscreen. Then a take a TINY bit of this, mix with several drops of jojoba oil, and apply it with my fingers, making sure everything gets rubbed in. I apply a little extra under my eyes and to any discolorations. Covers beautifully, and my skin looks very smooth and natural. Just use a little bit, and it won't be heavy, and mix it with moisturizer/oil so that it applies comfortably. I definitely recommend this product and wish EL received more love. My only complaint is that, even though a tube lasts forever, it's expensive for the low-quality ingredients (like petroleum) in the formula.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 6:24:00 AM More reviews by sydneysidertegs

Amazing coverage which can be full yet still manage that 'natural' look. It's all in the application!

I am a NC20-25 and there is no exact color match to my skintone. The darkest shade (#7) was the closest match to my skin which was a tinge too dark..sigh...

So I use this foundation when I am tanned. I love it as it does not wear off! I wore it to a music festival over the weekend and touched up once which was around 8pm at night with a light dusting of powder. It seriously does not budge.

The finish is quite matte on my combo skin, although a glow does come through late in the afternoon after wearing this all day. I like a glow though.

All in all, a fantastic product. If they created more colours this would be HG material!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by jmb217

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in the color very light thinking that I'd use it to cover spots under a light foundation. I just don't find this creamy enough to work with. No matter what I do, this is visible on my skin. At first the color and finish seem ok, then it seems to darken and dry ....sort of like clearasil. I have combination skin and I moisturize really well. I've even mixed this with a little hydrating primer, but that didn't help. I'm just not happy with how it looks and wish it were creamy rather than dry. I think if you've super oily skin and not as fair, this could work. It certainly has great coverage. It's just not a good option for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by cazfarri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, I have been waiting for this product to come to Canada for a long time, but like all things in life sometimes you can't always get what you want.

-First-My skin , thankfully for the acne of my teens has not destroyed my face, but has left redness, I'm very, very pale and 1 have small acne scar on my left cheek, but otherwise pretty good, I rarely ever break out anymore- and my skin is shiny and healthy-Thanks to Reversa products faithfully used over the last several years.

- The Product- Ok, I wanted this stuff bad I like the -Flawless face- but this stuff wow, under achieve is not even a exaggeration, I have Very light which is the lightest shade, its kinda pink (even applied sparingly) not good to start, pale makeup should NEVER be pink or orange, a neutral yellow tone with a base of white is appropriate for pale skin.

The application is smooth but dries quickly, Im a fan of using your hands however this stuff can go on heavy so I use a damp sponge, know how to blend, and beat because this stuff dries fast.

The performance, very surprised it claims to be a twelve hour foundation however this never dried even on initial application, it still stays moist even before I powder (again I don't cake this on, I only apply sheerly) its kinda bizarre as I do not moisturize and my skin is not really oily and in pretty good shape. Also this seems to "sit" on your skin, it went over my skin but never melted into it, very strange. This makeup looks frankly just bad and as for coverage well "yes" but you don't look natural at all.

The Verdict-This was such a surprise because EL is a pretty dependable brand, but this stuff was just plain old trash, This is of course my opinion but Lancome "Tient Idole" or even EL double wear is far superior, My opinion for the ladies and gents with acne is to apply a oil free foundation and use a good concealer just on the spots, because this Maximum cover jazz is just bad news, this stuff is creamy and comfortable to wear but you look just not quite right. If this works for you I'm glad however I have spent literally crock loads of cash on makeup whether it be cheap or expensive, good products are good products, and this stuff is the pits.

Be beautiful friendlies!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by ladydee86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE IT! Super easy to apply, you nay need a little bit, colour looks natural , lasts all day , what more can a woman ask for???

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by jlonghorn2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first issue is that the color choices for this product is very low. The color they matched me with is too dark. Besides this issue, the product makes me look cakey and accentuates all of my pores. I didnt realize how pore-ish I was until this product. And on top of all of this, I dont feel like the coverage was any better than a $10 bottle of foundation from CVS. If I had to say one good thing about this product, it is that it goes on easily, it is easy to apply. Other than that, it does not offer the coverage I am hoping for to cover my red acne scars. Disappointed!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by marijean

This is a HG product for me and has been (in a different iteration - they changed it at some point) since high school. Given that I'm now 30, I've probably been using this half my life.

However, I do NOT use this as a foundation. I use it as a concealer. I buy it in 01 Creamy Ivory and use the most imperceptibly tiny amount to cover trouble spots every morning: a tiny scar on my cheek, a small dark burst capillary above my upper lip, and any more temporary blemishes like breakouts or even just weird red spots (I have very sensitive skin). I follow up with a mineral powder sunscreen and that's it - no foundation.

This formula has a lot of advantages over most of the "real" concealers I've tried: it blends better than most concealers, it stubbornly stays put (the older version I used was even waterproof), and it covers so well as to render red spots almost completely invisible. Plus, my sensitive, acne-prone combination skin doesn't react to it at all. HIGHLY recommended.

PROS: neutralizes red spots, blends well (keep the amount tiny), wears all day, doesn't cause any skin reaction
CONS: honestly can't think of any except the price... and because a little goes a long way, I only have to re-buy every couple years--which actually makes it a shockingly good deal

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 5:09:00 AM More reviews by amoginie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This foundation has great coverage (as expected) but definitely took me a wee while to figure out how best to apply it as it does not spread easily. A primer is definitely needed for an even coverage. I started out dotting this on my face then quickly spreading it with a foundation brush but have recently started applying it with a duo fiber powder brush (I have the elf one at the moment) after spreading it out on a mirror by blowing it, then lightly dipping the brush in. This gives a much better overall look & hides acne, freckles & red cheeks,

Another thing I love about this foundation is the pale colour - a lot of the cheaper pharmacy/drugstore brands don't do pale shades well but this suits me very well (I have it in Very Light). Also it has lasted AGES - I bought this tube about 7 or 8 months ago, use it every day, and it still is showing no signs of finishing. I must say...as much as I like it, I think next time I will try out the standard Double Wear for a more fluid formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by jababy3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

To be honest...kind of disappointing. I bought this with the expectation that it would be like the original Maximum Cover...It is sooo different. I want to like it because I normally love all EL products...but I get better coverage with Revlon Colorstay or Sally Hansen Your Skin foundation. I will be returning this and exchanging it for the regular Double Wear, which I LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Wrenaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I thought Double Wear was great until I got my hands on this - so much better coverage for my acne scarred skin and I prefer the squeeze bottle packaging. I find I get the most natural and smooth looking coverage using a cosmetic wedge/sponge. Once applied it does not budge and wears pretty well all day long. So far I have not found any other makeup with fuller coverage than this, and I have hunted!

I use MAC cleanse off oils to remove it at night before my usual face washing routine and it comes off beautifully. I imagine it would be difficult to get off with just a regular cleanser.

My only complaint is the lack of color options - the lightest color is still a shade too dark for me. But I spent quite a bit of time with a makeup person at Nordstrom not long ago and we found that nothing in the store was light enough for me, so I'm sticking with it for now and on the hunt for something lighter with as much coverage. (Just ordered some Illamasqua - we'll see how that goes when it gets here from across the pond.)