October 22, 2014 | 1759 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by swimflight

I have acne prone skin and i have already taken Accutne twice, so i have a LOT of discoloration from past zits. When this was first put on my i really didnt like it, looked kinda muddy but redic coverage. Decided to go home and play with it and used my fingers...... what a difference... Why I like it so much is that for the amount of coverage you only have to use very little so I cut the amount of foundation that sits on my face by 75%. You might need a lil concealer( depending on sevarity of discoloration and circles) but for a 1 product application for $35 fantastic. My new HG. Also i have tried cover FX, estee lauder double wear foundation, MUFE,Smashbox, NARS. Also i live in the south where we have high heat and high humidity and it stays put.. no melting :) CON: limited colors i got lucky they had mine

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by anthrotpt

My skin is oily, acne-prone, and I have large pores
What I liked about it:
- Definitely full coverage!
- It is certainly matte and was good at keeping the oil at bay for much of the day.
- It didn't break me out - the most important feature, in my opinion.
What I didn't like:
- I normally put a dab of liquid foundation on each cheek, on my forehead, nose and chin, and then blend it in. You CAN'T do that with this stuff. I tried it, and within seconds it starts to dry, and then it just looked like I had several unblend-able smudges all over my face, it look awful.
- Solution - use a makeup sponge or brush and put a LITTLE bit of this stuff on it, and do your face one little bit at a time. A little goes a long way.
- It covered all my red spots wonderfully, but I would second some of the other reviews and make sure to moisturize first. It doesn't dry cakey, but it definitely feels better if you use moisturizer.
- Give it a second, because as it IS drying, it will seem a little cakey, but it really does NOT dry that way. Once it's dry, it feels nice and light.
- Also, because of my big pores, and this isn't a complaint about this foundation, just about liquid foundations in general, it rarely hides them, and sometimes its seems to accentuate them. To help with that, I use a pore-minimizer first, then the foundation, and then use mineral powder over the top.
- Mineral powder will also remove the cakey feel, if it's there for you.
I tried this to see if I'd like it for my wedding makeup, compared to Bare Minerals, and I like the coverage better and the matte better, but it doesn't feel as light as bare minerals. I'll keep experimenting. Also, EL is quite pricey for me (so is Bare Minerals though), but with my skin, I gotta try the pricey stuff :(

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by KattyKit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

DRY SKIN LADIES BEWARE!
Warning to ALL skin types: Exfoliate, then MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE prior to application.
A little about me: Iím NC20ish, RevlonCS in Buff, borrowed this from my sister in 01 Creamy Ivory.

I had just done my morning face regime (Proactiv & Olay Daily Facial lotion) and applied this over a primer but still saw flakes. This is intense full coverage. By that I mean that I fully believe this is stage makeup. I have pretty great skin considering Iíve got a little acne and redness. I have very small pores, and tend to get a little oily by mid-day so I donít have a lot of dryness in my skin. Somehow, after applying a very small amount of this (about three drops covered my whole face) I suddenly looked as though I had aging dry skin. It definitely has absolute full coverage but this stuff transfers like a mofo, pulls yellow, and looks incredibly unnatural & dull. I spent about an hour trying to blend it out and eventually just covered my face in Cetaphil. After massaging that in I finally got a somewhat natural look and the kicker is that my face still feels dry. I imagine this is an oily girlís dream but itís certainly not mine.

If youíre looking for a cheap way to use your favorite moisturizer to create a TM, this is the product Iíd purchase as itíll last forever. Cut a tiny drop of this into your moisturizer and voila! Instant TM with crazy coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by earthymoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this as a concealer. It is my HG concealer. I've used for YEARS.
It covers very well. It dries quickly and stays in place all day. It's amazing. This really isn't intended as an all over foundation. It's designed to cover major scars and cover tattoos.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by AimeeStrawberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was an awful foundation for me! It probably didn't help that when the lady "matched" the makeup to my skin she selected a very dark shade despite me being fair skinned! The fact it was such a heavy coverage only meant the tide marks were all the more obvious. I just found this foundation to be far, far too heavy but in a bad way. It looked cakey and was impossible to blend. It didn't cover all that well because it was so tricky to blend that it ended up sitting on my skin in a very patchy way.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by purplecupcakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this product because it covered up the redness from my acne but it makes me look so oily in a matter of minutes. I've tried using a primer and everything but nothing helps. I have pretty dry skin and other foundations did not make my face look oily as this foundation has.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by naziaahmed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

(shade- 09 deep) It's a highly pigmented foundation, that's for sure! Can cover anything. I brought it for my terrible acne skin..and it did cover everything! However..the colour that was matched for me was way to dark..and in the UK..once we've brought something, we can't go back and swap for another colour as I have heard you can in the US. If I was to repurchase it again, I would buy a shade that is much lighter. It does feel quite heavy on the skin but as they say, less is more with this foundation. I haven't used the foundation much due to the colour but I may have to mix it with a much lighter foundation to make the colour more suitable for my skin tone. Can't really fault the packaging, they did a good job on that :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by tuffaluffskee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really like this foundation. I used to have quite a bit of acne and this covered it beautifully. Now that my acne is gone I still have a lot of redness and uneven skin tone. This covers that extremely well. It IS a bit hard to spread, and dries quickly but that's not so big of a drawback that I wouldn't repurchase. I have very fair skin that's difficult to find a match for, and this isn't too dark or orange for me. Overall if you have something to hide or cover, this is your best bet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very pale, warm-toned skin, and I use this in Ivory Cream. When EL repackaged and made this product part of their Double Wear line, I was concerned that this old favorite wouldn't be as good. Dead wrong. I've been using the revamped product for months and have to say that I like it even BETTER than the original. Great coverage, lightweight feel, and this one is even creamier. I get compliments on my skin all the time, and this is what I do: In the morning, I wash my face with warm water, then apply a moisturizer and sunscreen. Then a take a TINY bit of this, mix with several drops of jojoba oil, and apply it with my fingers, making sure everything gets rubbed in. I apply a little extra under my eyes and to any discolorations. Covers beautifully, and my skin looks very smooth and natural. Just use a little bit, and it won't be heavy, and mix it with moisturizer/oil so that it applies comfortably. I definitely recommend this product and wish EL received more love. My only complaint is that, even though a tube lasts forever, it's expensive for the low-quality ingredients (like petroleum) in the formula.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 6:24:00 AM More reviews by sydneysidertegs

Amazing coverage which can be full yet still manage that 'natural' look. It's all in the application!

I am a NC20-25 and there is no exact color match to my skintone. The darkest shade (#7) was the closest match to my skin which was a tinge too dark..sigh...

So I use this foundation when I am tanned. I love it as it does not wear off! I wore it to a music festival over the weekend and touched up once which was around 8pm at night with a light dusting of powder. It seriously does not budge.

The finish is quite matte on my combo skin, although a glow does come through late in the afternoon after wearing this all day. I like a glow though.

All in all, a fantastic product. If they created more colours this would be HG material!