September 19, 2014 | 1733 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by AimeeStrawberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was an awful foundation for me! It probably didn't help that when the lady "matched" the makeup to my skin she selected a very dark shade despite me being fair skinned! The fact it was such a heavy coverage only meant the tide marks were all the more obvious. I just found this foundation to be far, far too heavy but in a bad way. It looked cakey and was impossible to blend. It didn't cover all that well because it was so tricky to blend that it ended up sitting on my skin in a very patchy way.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by purplecupcakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this product because it covered up the redness from my acne but it makes me look so oily in a matter of minutes. I've tried using a primer and everything but nothing helps. I have pretty dry skin and other foundations did not make my face look oily as this foundation has.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by naziaahmed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

(shade- 09 deep) It's a highly pigmented foundation, that's for sure! Can cover anything. I brought it for my terrible acne skin..and it did cover everything! However..the colour that was matched for me was way to dark..and in the UK..once we've brought something, we can't go back and swap for another colour as I have heard you can in the US. If I was to repurchase it again, I would buy a shade that is much lighter. It does feel quite heavy on the skin but as they say, less is more with this foundation. I haven't used the foundation much due to the colour but I may have to mix it with a much lighter foundation to make the colour more suitable for my skin tone. Can't really fault the packaging, they did a good job on that :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by tuffaluffskee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really like this foundation. I used to have quite a bit of acne and this covered it beautifully. Now that my acne is gone I still have a lot of redness and uneven skin tone. This covers that extremely well. It IS a bit hard to spread, and dries quickly but that's not so big of a drawback that I wouldn't repurchase. I have very fair skin that's difficult to find a match for, and this isn't too dark or orange for me. Overall if you have something to hide or cover, this is your best bet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very pale, warm-toned skin, and I use this in Ivory Cream. When EL repackaged and made this product part of their Double Wear line, I was concerned that this old favorite wouldn't be as good. Dead wrong. I've been using the revamped product for months and have to say that I like it even BETTER than the original. Great coverage, lightweight feel, and this one is even creamier. I get compliments on my skin all the time, and this is what I do: In the morning, I wash my face with warm water, then apply a moisturizer and sunscreen. Then a take a TINY bit of this, mix with several drops of jojoba oil, and apply it with my fingers, making sure everything gets rubbed in. I apply a little extra under my eyes and to any discolorations. Covers beautifully, and my skin looks very smooth and natural. Just use a little bit, and it won't be heavy, and mix it with moisturizer/oil so that it applies comfortably. I definitely recommend this product and wish EL received more love. My only complaint is that, even though a tube lasts forever, it's expensive for the low-quality ingredients (like petroleum) in the formula.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 6:24:00 AM More reviews by sydneysidertegs

Amazing coverage which can be full yet still manage that 'natural' look. It's all in the application!

I am a NC20-25 and there is no exact color match to my skintone. The darkest shade (#7) was the closest match to my skin which was a tinge too dark..sigh...

So I use this foundation when I am tanned. I love it as it does not wear off! I wore it to a music festival over the weekend and touched up once which was around 8pm at night with a light dusting of powder. It seriously does not budge.

The finish is quite matte on my combo skin, although a glow does come through late in the afternoon after wearing this all day. I like a glow though.

All in all, a fantastic product. If they created more colours this would be HG material!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by jmb217

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in the color very light thinking that I'd use it to cover spots under a light foundation. I just don't find this creamy enough to work with. No matter what I do, this is visible on my skin. At first the color and finish seem ok, then it seems to darken and dry ....sort of like clearasil. I have combination skin and I moisturize really well. I've even mixed this with a little hydrating primer, but that didn't help. I'm just not happy with how it looks and wish it were creamy rather than dry. I think if you've super oily skin and not as fair, this could work. It certainly has great coverage. It's just not a good option for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by cazfarri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, I have been waiting for this product to come to Canada for a long time, but like all things in life sometimes you can't always get what you want.

-First-My skin , thankfully for the acne of my teens has not destroyed my face, but has left redness, I'm very, very pale and 1 have small acne scar on my left cheek, but otherwise pretty good, I rarely ever break out anymore- and my skin is shiny and healthy-Thanks to Reversa products faithfully used over the last several years.

- The Product- Ok, I wanted this stuff bad I like the -Flawless face- but this stuff wow, under achieve is not even a exaggeration, I have Very light which is the lightest shade, its kinda pink (even applied sparingly) not good to start, pale makeup should NEVER be pink or orange, a neutral yellow tone with a base of white is appropriate for pale skin.

The application is smooth but dries quickly, Im a fan of using your hands however this stuff can go on heavy so I use a damp sponge, know how to blend, and beat because this stuff dries fast.

The performance, very surprised it claims to be a twelve hour foundation however this never dried even on initial application, it still stays moist even before I powder (again I don't cake this on, I only apply sheerly) its kinda bizarre as I do not moisturize and my skin is not really oily and in pretty good shape. Also this seems to "sit" on your skin, it went over my skin but never melted into it, very strange. This makeup looks frankly just bad and as for coverage well "yes" but you don't look natural at all.

The Verdict-This was such a surprise because EL is a pretty dependable brand, but this stuff was just plain old trash, This is of course my opinion but Lancome "Tient Idole" or even EL double wear is far superior, My opinion for the ladies and gents with acne is to apply a oil free foundation and use a good concealer just on the spots, because this Maximum cover jazz is just bad news, this stuff is creamy and comfortable to wear but you look just not quite right. If this works for you I'm glad however I have spent literally crock loads of cash on makeup whether it be cheap or expensive, good products are good products, and this stuff is the pits.

Be beautiful friendlies!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by ladydee86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE IT! Super easy to apply, you nay need a little bit, colour looks natural , lasts all day , what more can a woman ask for???

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by jlonghorn2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first issue is that the color choices for this product is very low. The color they matched me with is too dark. Besides this issue, the product makes me look cakey and accentuates all of my pores. I didnt realize how pore-ish I was until this product. And on top of all of this, I dont feel like the coverage was any better than a $10 bottle of foundation from CVS. If I had to say one good thing about this product, it is that it goes on easily, it is easy to apply. Other than that, it does not offer the coverage I am hoping for to cover my red acne scars. Disappointed!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No