November 26, 2014 | 1789 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by pinkash1283

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wish I could give this product a perfect review. I love the coverage of this, especially because it does not need a foundation. It evened out my skin nicely and I felt it covered blemishes decently. I didn't notice it being super shimmery as other reviewers mentioned. The "wet" feeling when you put it on takes a little getting used to. I personally did not care for the brush is comes with because it wouldn't stay extended for me, so I just used another brush I had and it worked fine that way.
Here's the "but" though.... I bought this because I've been having some problems completely clearing up my adult acne (on my nose and chin), and was told to try mineral makeup instead of my normal foundation and loose powder. My forehead is not normally an area I breakout, but after 2 weeks of using this product my forehead is COVERED in tiny little acne bumps. It looks horrible! If it wasn't for the breaking out I would be in love with this product, but clearly that's not gonna work out for me ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by shae10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's really bothering me how everyone is giving this bad reviews, it's fantastic. The coverage can be full, i use a kabuki brush and do one light layer all over then do multiple layers in the areas i'm breaking out. Trust me, i have horrible acne scars and this covers all of it. If i need to after i use boi-ing concealer from benefit and set it with blot powder from mac. It keeps my super oily skin matte all day and doesn't break me out if i get all of it off at night. The sparkles aren't noticeable at all, my skin just looks bright and smooth. I think what really makes this work is the mac blot powder as well, it gives extra coverage, blends the concealer and keeps the foundation on all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Judy0924

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read a review in a magazine about the cooling effects of this product and wanted to tive it a try with our recent hot weather. Here are the pros: I loved the cooling effect, it seemed to give good coverage and I did not find my mineral makeup in light/medium at all shimmery so I don't get that part of other people's reviews.

The cons for me were in the packaging and messiness of the product. I could not for the life of me get the brush out of the lid so I just gave up and started using my own larger brush. It would not budge to slide out. Way too much of the powder wound up in the top so when I open it, it seems to poof out everywhere. That said, I am pretty satisfied with the product. I have to add that I am a liquid foundation person at heart so probably not the best judge. I have also tried Bare Escentuals and did not like them. I liked this better!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by sammy231

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i really like this powder! a lot of people say its shimmery and don't get me wrong, it is but you need like intense direct light to actually bring out the shimmer. i am a person who absolutely hates shimmer and i don't think it's that bad. if you are just in a classroom or office, you don't see the shimmer at all. it feels really nice to put on, like your dusting water on your face. it leaves a really smooth, moisturized finish. the brush is actually pretty good. its really soft and is small so it can fit in small areas and blend it out. if it was matte i would give it a 5 but the tiny bit of shimmer isn't enough to make me hate this product. it is a kinda pricey for a drugstore product but i think its worth it! i can totally justify getting this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by totalmakeupjunkie98

Oh my gosh! I know I'm definitely a minority, but I adore this!! I used to use liquid foundation which always seemed to look heavy and cakey. So I decided to try this and wow! This covers my redness really well without looking like I have makeup on. And the cooling sensation feels really awesome on my dry skin. Oh and the shimmer to me looks really pretty. It makes me look like I'm glowing :) so if your face is pretty clear and you only need to cover a little redness, get this! <3

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

For a flawless looking complexion one would need to already have decent skin to begin with. I have dry to combo skin depending on the season. SInce the weather is humid at the moment I have a few pimples that show up here and there. This powder foundation does not cover random blemishes. At all. It just evens out skin tone at the most. It is insanely shimmery which I do not like. The only thing I kind of like about this powder is it's odd wet/cool feeling upon application. But this isn't reason enough to repurchase. A pricey powder (for a drugstore brand) with disappointing results. After this tub I probably wont get it again. On to the next new thing!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by VividDreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I gave this product a 2 which is actually generous because it DID make me breakout. I stopped using this because of the breakout, shimmer, and minimal coverage. I gave it that second lippie because it felt really cool going on the skin, like seriously it was like magic i thought the brush was wet and I was like wtf but then i was like oh... gotcha colorstay AQUA lols. I wouldn't buy again but it could be useful for like a once in awhile thing like going out at night or something.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Nadinelala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

when i found this product i honestly thought it was going to be really nice. it was the only foundation that actually suited my skin color (its so difficult to find a foundation for my skin color). the application was good and this is really good for anyone that doesn't really like to apply alot of make up because its very subtle. you can't really cake this foundation on, i found that it applied okay but i hated the shimmer. everyone commented on it and i felt like a sparkling vampire, ill use it up till it finishes but i dont think ill buy it again, what i do to minimise the shimmer is i apply powder right on top but only a very thin layer so it doesn't look caked on. i also love the cooling sensation you get when you apply it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by ahs767

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in a foundation and I love it. I have combination skin, so I never buy liquid because depending on the day it can get pretty oily and sadly with powders they tend to really dry out some areas of my face. This was nice because it actually does feel cool and wet when you put it on! I've been using it for about a week now and I've had no troubles with it. It lasts all day and doesn't dry my face out or melt off my oily areas. The only thing I would say is it does have a shimmer to it (some sparkles) so if that isn't your thing I wouldn't really recommend this for you. Other than that, I love this product. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I got the Mineral Finishing Powder in Transulcent. Not sure if this is the same as what others are reviewing.. but I don't think it's a bad product. Not the one i used, anyway. It lessens the shine in my T-zone without further drying out certain spots, which is what I got it for.. It works decently for that.. And it DEFINITELY has a wet feel when you apply it. I think it's cool. However, the downsides to this are... it doesn't last long at all.. provides minimum coverage and it doesn't blend well at all. So, though I will not repurchase, it's not bad enough for me to get rid of it. I will use what I have left and then try something else.