NARS Sex Appeal

4.2

on 11/5/2010 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nc15 and I love love love this blush! I'm super fair and don't like the looks of bright blush on me. This is a very subtle peachy pink that leans more to the pink side. I apply it with my 187 from MAC and it's almost impossible to overdo and it always leaves such a pretty natural flush. Like others have said, if your anything over an NC25 or even 20 it probably won't show up on you, but for those of you whole are pale like me and looking for an easy everyday blush I'd def recommend!

on 11/3/2010 12:18:00 PM

Say NO to Sex Appeal!! This pale pink (NOT peach) blush is INVISIBLE. Seriously SERIOUSLY!!! In the pan, this looks like my dream blush. I love soft pale pink colors. But after a heavy handed swatch; and another; and another --- I discovered that this blush has no pigment. No chalkyness, nothing. It's just invisible.

Save your money!!

on 11/2/2010 11:47:00 PM

I went to Sephora today to see if they had the new Holiday Nars collection and was shocked to see it was finally there! The Sex Appeal blush looks so amazing in the pan. Definitely had a soft, warm peach vibe going on and I couldn't wait to test it out as soon as I saw it. I'm pretty white, probably close to porcelain, and so I thought, "Hey, this blush is bound to work on me!"

I tried it on.

One word: Invis-o-blush

Followed by: Waste-o-money

on 10/29/2010 7:14:00 PM

It's described as soft peach but I would call it light pink. It's pink. There is no orange in it. It's pink. Pink.

NC30 here. On me it seems like a spring kind of shade. Innocent and fresh-faced. It makes me look like a doll. If that's your thing. Not really mine.

Sex appeal is a very very light blush reminiscent of MAC's beauty powders. I doubt will show up on most people without a lot of layering. That said, I can get it to show up on me and i'm currently around nc 25 or so, but even then it's very very light. I think anyone darker than NC25 will not be able to get this to show up. I've heard some people saying that this is meant as a highlighter, but seeing as this is a matte blush, I'm really not sure this would work as a highlighter at all. However, if you're one of those people who is lighter than nc/nw 15 and like extremely subtle blushes, you might like this

on 10/28/2010 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Honestly I think you have to be quite pale to wear this. It's a pastel pinky peach. My younger sister is pale and it looked so pretty on her, I'm medium tan and had to try it, it just disappeared right into my cheeks (which I expected but had to try anyways). If you pack it on darker skin it's just going to look really chalky, it doesn't look chalky on my sister at all though. It's gorgeous for paler girls who want a natural, girly blush. It reminds me of MAC's sheertone finish. I also think it's perfect for lighter toned teenage girls just getting into makeup.

on 10/27/2010 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love it! I'm relatively pale and yellow (NC15/20) and on me, this blush is a lovely soft matte true peach. It is very sheer, probably the only NARS blush I don't have to worry about putting too much on. However, it is super lovely on and gives a natural peachy glow. Since it is so sheer, the payoff on skin would probably change depending on your undertones. Since I'm yellow, I get a peach, but people with cooler undertones might pull out more pink tones in the blush when they apply it. I don't think Sex Appeal would work well (at least as a blush) on someone over NC35 since it is so light. And one other word to the wise: this blush is softer than other NARS blushes and as such more fragile. I dropped it once from my vanity on carpet and the sides crumbled! Luckily though it's still relatively intact and in the pan, but just be extra careful with this!

on 10/21/2010 10:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Okay, so I've been on this mad hunt to replace my beloved Prescriptives Rose Baroque pressed powder leaves- I haven't been able to find ANYTHING that looks remotely like it. Until now. PxRB was a tiny bit more pink, but SA is a gorgeous peachy pink flush on me (nc20). Now, I can see it being a little bleh on someone with a deeper skintone, but on lighter skintones, it's awesome. And, NARS blushes stay on...all day! Beautiful color, great staying power, fab quality. I will buy this again and again.

on 10/20/2010 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I rushed and ordered this from Sephora.com. It is described as 'light peach' that is a true description. However it's VERY light. I am NW20 and it hardly shows up on me. It could be used to contour very lightly. I can't use it as a blush. Someone who is NC or NW15 may be able to pull it off as blush. It has no shimmer and is quite chalky. I would not repurchase this.

Top Rated NARS Products