September 23, 2014 | 1086 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by magda12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing.

More like an award-winning, alluring, lovely, yummy-smelling sheep in hella drying, super high couture clothing.

This was my major fail in my haul of last year's Allure Best of Beauty for best light foundation. Oh wait, it won this year too?! Wtf.

Like the savvy shopper that I am, I skipped to Macy's after the awards came out and requested a sample @ the Chanel counter to try it out. The application was smooth... the sucker penetrated quickly. The finish was lovely... very lightly powdery finish. I applied for a couple of days and I decided I was sold.

Went back to Macys and bought a bottle. Now, I have to say I was disappointed w/ the bottle. For such an expensive product, I'd expect a beautful, luxe container that screams Yeah-you-splurged-but-you-deserve-it-girl!!! Instead, it's a plain, plastic bottle. Boo.

The first couple of days were great. Got complimented at work, felt all fancy every morning applying my beautiful HG makeup. HA.

After about a week, I started to feel dryness, Also got comments at work that my skin was looking drier. Hmmm..... it couldn't be my expensive new foundation, I thought, in despair. It's frikkin' Chanel!!

After about two weeks, I started to feel like there were two hands in both sides of my head and they were pulling the face of my skin baaaaack.... omg. If I kept this up, I was sure I'd look 80 very soon!

Needless to say, I ran back to Macys and returned (keep your receipts, people!) I felt betrayed by Chanel and Allure... and it wasn't even winter, so it wasn't the change in season! Maybe it works best for people w/ super oily skin, I dunno.

PS: Playing around w/ my little cousin's makeup, it seems L'oreal has come out w/ a similar product - Magic Nude Liquid Powder. Dude, even the bottle is very similar... it's even cuter! She swears by it... of course, she's younger and has slightly oilier skin. If I had oilier skin, I would definitely give this a try first.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I give it 4 lippies for simply living up to its claims. Lightweight, buildable, luminous. I tried 20 beige, I'm about NC25ish right now, a neutral light-medium beige. Color match was fine. My big problem with this is that it doesn't cover enough. My skin has slightly enlarged pores, slight redness, old acne marks on my cheeks that aren't very dark, and some freckling on the nose. I also have dark undereye circles. For age 40, that seems about a typical "good skin" condition. This foundation was more like a tinted veil for me. It diffused some skin imperfections but did not really cover any of them. For the price, I need it to do more. Not the fault of the foundation really, it did what it promised. No breakouts, no irritation. I just don't feel any love for this.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by juleskasem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's coverage is light and yet somehow it makes my skin luminesce.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by lipglossaddict93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this foundation so much! I have combination oily skin with some hyperpigmentation and the occasional pimple. This foundation is very light feeling but offers enough coverage for my dark spots but I do need concealer undervmy eyes and on any active acne spots. This foundation will last up to 10 hours on my face but only with a great setting powder and blotting my face once or twice. This foundation does not breakout my face but it does have the chanel cosmetics fragrance which may bother some. The packaging although not glamorous is very functional for me! I will repurchase this foundation despite the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by ceq373

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this foundation looks very natural and gives nice light coverage. stays on well and doesn't make my skin breakout.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by supergal197

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product had a lot of hype around it, and i was really excited to try it. However, I was very much let down by this foundation. The foundation has a light and watery texture. It has a scent, not overpowering, but noticeable. I would have preferred no fragrance but it doesn't bother me that much. I was aware before ordering that this would not have the fullest coverage, more of a light-medium, but this did not cover anything for me. The shade i chose (20 beige) is an okay match, it goes on quite orange at first, but then sort of blends to my shade after a couple minutes. It look very greasy when i applied it, though i did shake it beforehand, but it did turn more matte after it sat for a minute. It's an okay foundation, but i was expecting much more for the price. I will try it with a foundation brush next time (i used hands) and without a moisturizer ( i used a light layer, but my skin is slightly oily so sometimes i don't use it and i'm fine) and maybe even a primer to see if my opinion at all changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by lcosta42

First of all, every time I wear this foundation I get compliments on my skin! This product makes my skin look healthy and glowy (in a really good way), and not greasy...as I have combination skin it's a concern for me. It has a medium coverage, it covers redness and hyper pigmentation with a small amount (I normally apply 4 drops of it with the sigma flat kabuki brush). The staying power is great. But I'll say that it can be a little bit to moisturizing for a extremely hot and humid day, nothing that a good blotting paper or face powder can't fix. Also it does have a subtle florally scent to it, but it goes away as you apply it. The only thing I don't particularly like about this foundation is the fact that it only has SPF15, for this price I'd expect it to have a higher SPF. One thing to keep in mind if you're thinking about buying this, is to make sure you test it on your face and let it settle for at least 30 minutes, as it tends to oxidize a tiny bit over time. The packaging is great for traveling and it's makeup bag friendly, as it's made of hard plastic and it's small. Overall, it's a light foundation on the skin, but provides a very decent coverage and a beautiful and healthy looking finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have had this for over a year but did not use it too much. I think I purchased and it was fall and sort of put it away till summer. This summer I have been firmly in my "less is more makeup" for skin and started using it.

the bottle is small. it is priced for Chanel products. but, it gives me great skin with no telltale "foundation". and this is what I love and what I need now. I am way past the cover me with Studio Fix until I feel smothered. I have been through the EL Heavy coverage (hey, I still love this product and keep it on hand for evenings or public appearances because it is an excellent and perfect finish too). but for daytime I do not want heavy coverage but perfected skin.

I use this over YSL primer -- or Hourglass and have no problem with pilling or splotchiness. It is perfect. I mix a few drops of B12 with #2 and get just the right shade for me now. I think the B12 has the pink indicator which although I am light and yellow, this gives me the perfect pop for my skin now. I moisturize my skin, use eye cream and sunblock (never bought into the BB,CC, DD drama) and then apply with my fingers. It works beautifully.

Any powder I use is of excellent quality and only on my T zone -- and my cream blushes are working perfectly and naturally over this foundation.

would I purchase again.. I already have. Numerous times.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

its a good foundation but its too expensive so its not worth all that money. do not wear it with primer coz it becomes more cakey and doesn't blend well with your skin as chanel advises in their little tiny catalog. you can find similar foundations for example tinted moisturisers for cheaper

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

Although I can justify expensive makeup, something about expensive foundation doesn't sit right with me. Sure, it could make my good skin look flawless, but what if it spoils? Plus, I have many other foundations to use up. However, I swapped for this because Shameless Fripperies convinced me to try it.

It looks very natural. My skin is very good, with some redness around the nose right now and a few flakes in the wintertime. I got B40 (thought it would be too dark since I'm back to NC30-35, but it's perfect).
Everything is evened out, it feels super lightweight, and can subtly blur hyperpigmentation/dark spots and holds a concealer well if you want extra coverage. For me, it looks like a medium coverage and feels like a tinted moisturizer. The redness around my nose needs a second layer, but that's a given. I have no problems with lasting power when used with primer/powder. Obviously, it would probably slide off if just worn alone. I love the bottle and how you have to shake it up, and how it can dispense any amount you want precisely.

I would suggest this for ladies with dry to normal skin with no major skin issues.

I put that I would repurchase, but I have so many other foundations to use. This is definitely the best "lightweight" foundation I've tried and I love it more than MAC's face and body.