July 25, 2014 | 1743 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Volume

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by pelini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara that defines, separates, and lengthens. I like that it doesn't dry quickly, so I can layer. I also like that it has a true brown shade (which is the only reason I began exploring outside of L'oreal in the first place, and I am glad I did.) That being said, the brush is a bit clunky, so is the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara was raved about for being sooo black and soooo volumizing. I don't think it was at all. The brush though, is fantastic, the best plastic type brush Ive ever tried.....but I can't seem to like the formula, with or without primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by ellapretty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

CLAIM: Big lash look with volume-boosing formula and patent pending brush.
MY THOUGHTS: My mascara staple (repurchased MANY times). Has a good formula and an AMAZING brush (I save & wash my old wands and use them with other mascaras). Very good on its own - really volumizes my lashes - but also great for layering with lengthening mascaras (like Falsies & Illegal Length).
GOOD FOR: Everyone - one of my Holy Grail products!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by allyxo141

I have been using this mascara for years and I'm still so impressed with it. It defines my eyelashes, without clumping them...EVER. I realize its designed to give your eyelashes volume, which it does, but I always use this with a separate lengthening mascara to add that extra something to my lashes. Needless to say, I will continue to use this mascara for a long time, would definitely recommend it to anyone!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by paulamarie

I got a good deal on this because it was on sale and I had double coupons, so I'm glad I didn't pay more than about $4 for it. I was a big fan of VolumeExact mascara, and am disappointed that CG discontinued it in favor of this inferior product. As far as I can make out, it does a pretty good job of volumizing and is almost on par with VE in that. The problem is that the brush is so huge and unwieldy. The outside tube is very big, which doesn't make it that easy to hold and control. And the brush itself is so thick (the bristles are very short and tiny, but the plastic wand they're attached to is also thick, for no discernible reason) that it's difficult to apply the product to your inner lashes without getting mascara on your eyelids. I got the one with the Olympic rings on it because I thought it was cute, but that will not be enough to hook me on this product. The design of the applicator is so impractical as to dissuade me from ever purchasing this again.

There seems to be no point in enlarging the applicator other than marketing--a large brush evokes the concept of "big"--big brush, big lashes! The CG marketing department is counting on people looking at the huge brush and equating it with the huge lashes it will surely give them. That's a major insult to people's intelligence. I for one prefer a nice thickening formula with a functional, smaller brush that helps keep lashes separated. That's pretty much exactly what VolumeExact was. Shame they had to give it the boot in favor of this junk. I'm glad I stockpiled a fee VEs, but will have to search for my new HG mascara once I run out of those.

PS My former fave mascara was Volume Couture by Max Factor, but of course that whole line was discontinued in the US. I thought CG VE was a great replacement for it, and I only just discovered it this spring. To have to be on the lookout yet again--such a drag.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by meh101

My mom got me this mascara today and it was on sale for a $1.50! And it was the 'limited edition' kind that has different lash blast mascara with a different wand.(Score!) So yeah once I tried it on it was pretty good. It was more on the dry formula side and I liked that because I found that lash blast fusion mascara was a bit to runny for me and made my lashes do the horrible droop-down after a curling. Im pretty okay with the wand because it does have the separation effect but I still favor the traditional spiral mascara wand more. Even though it is a good mascara I wouldn't be running back to it if im done with the tube

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by dcampa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've enjoyed CG mascara since i first started wearing makeup and the truth is this is a really good mascara. The formula is on the drier side which i found is ideal for my sparse lashes. For awhile this was my favorite mascara and i thought it would be the only mascara i would use. Then i discovered CoverGirl still tested on animals. I find this inexcusable and refuse to support a company that resorts this unnecessary and barbaric procedure in the distribution process of their products. This is truly unfortunate because there are many other successful drugstore companies that do not test on animals. I find that NYC's Big Bold Mascara has the same effect on my lashes as LashBlast. It has a similar formula and brush size, though it takes some getting used when switching from the LashBlast brush to NYC's. Overall, CoverGirl has really disappointed me and the fact that CoverGirl continues to produce products at the expense of animal lives continues to disgust and appall me. There are better alternatives to this mascara and that is where i will be taking my money.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried many mascaras, but so far this is the only one I've found that doesn't smudge a ton on me (I'm Asian [you know that deal] and have oily skin). And this is with the water soluble version! I was hesitant about trying this because I'm not a huge fan of Covergirl, but I was wondering about the hype behind this product... I'm glad I bought it! Contrary to a lot of others, I like the large wand with the rubbery bristles; I feel that these wands work better at separating my lashes than the bristle-y ones. I pat on a little bit of powder under my eyes before applying the mascara in Black (I never cared for "very black" mascaras) to get the most smudge-proof finish I can. I like to do a zigzag motion for maximum separation and to help the product from clumping on my lashes. It lasts all day! I do wish it had better lengthening capabilities though; I guess I should try the Length and Fusion formulas, too (and I'm hoping they won't smudge on me, either!).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by blueyes14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

My first mascara was the LashBlast Luxe, and it was great, but then later i decided to try this one, because i tried it at my friends, and loved it. And, ive loved it since! i've bought this on and off since 8th grade (im a sophomore now) only because i cant really buy the same mascara 2x in a row, because i get bored :P. I like to try new ones, but this and Maybelline's Illegal Length are my favorites. This has a super-black formula, and the perfectly in-between wet and dry. A lot of people love or hate the wand, and i personally love it. I have had my fair share of smudges from the extremely fat tip, but i really dont care that much, because since im only a sophomore, i dont really care if my makeup is not perfect! It separates, lengthens, and volumizes like no other. and for $6 at Target? This is going to be a staple in my makeup collection for a long time. im getting more tomorrow(:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by rarityfalls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely ADORED the LashBlast Fusion mascara, so I decided to take a chance and get the LashBlast Volume. It was on sale, had cute white packaging for the Olympics, and was limited edition. Why not? I was so thrilled with this mascara! Gives a huge, false eyelash effect on my eyes and has a great color. Gives a wicked amount of volume, and a decent amount of length. But keep in mind--this is a volumizing mascara, and does not specialize in length. I adore this mascara!