Tarte Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder

4.1

Translucent - Silica, Kaolin, Lecithin, Lysophosphatidic Acid, Lysolecithin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

For anyone confused on how to dispense this product, it was designed with the micro sized hole for a reason listed on the bronzer box instead of the translucent. You simply push lightly on both sizes of the hole and "the perfect" amount will be dispensed for you. Glad I found this out today because I was definitely getting annoyed trying to figure out how to get the product out of the container and on to my face! Try it out, you'll save a ton of product this way!

on 8/6/2011 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The only problem I have with the powder is the packaging.. The dispensing hole is extremely tiny. This was a very good idea, but the end product isn't very practical. Though, I would probably prefer this over it spilling all over the place.
Only a small amount is necessary, it mattifies well, but doesn't give a mask like look or feel. A very good product all around.

on 6/20/2011 4:25:00 PM

I love this powder. It's the only powder I've ever used that mattifies yet doesn't look like a white mask and doesn't emphasize lines. It's very light and natural looking and the ingredients seem to be great for the skin. I have very sensitive skin and have not had a reaction to any Tarte products. The only complaint I have is that there is only one tiny little hole to filter out the powder, so I really have to bang on the container to get the powder out. Still, I can't see every using any other powder.

on 6/9/2011 12:24:00 PM

Light as air, preserves my makeup, doesn't add a fake powdery finish or odd color. This is the finishing powder I've dreamed of. For combo-skinned women like me, this solves the conundrum of needing a powder to set my foundation, while trying to avoid anything heavy, pore-clogging or aging. I am absolutely thrilled with this powder, especially now that summer is coming on and my face will shine like a neon sign.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

So soft, so light. It feels great on my skin. I use it after I apply my Bare Minerals foundation and my skin feels so soft all day. Would buy again!

on 4/22/2011 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Read rave reviews for this product on Sephora after seeing someone post a glowing review on YouTube. Thought it had to be too good to be true, especially because I was skeptical about the Amazonian clay claims. But I have to say, this product deserves all the praise it's getting. It's so light and natural looking, it does not add an orange layer like many powders when added on top of foundation. It also really helps control oil - so much so that my skin actually looked better after a few days of use. This is a great loose powder for anyone who needs oil control help.

on 3/26/2011 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love, love , love it! It controls oil all day long, no blotting necessary. It it is translucent and never creases or settles into fine lines. Amazing stuff!

on 3/17/2011 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is truly an HG for me! I don't have oily skin. In fact, my skin leans dry so I have to be careful of setting powders. I tried MAC's Prep and Prime and it was so awful and powdery looking! I have also tried everything else from drugstore to Chanel and this Tarte powder is THE BEST I have found. It is not drying, helps keep my makeup on throughout the day and doesn't have any offensive smell (in fact, it doesn't really smell like anything). If I had a complaint it would be that the powder is so finely milled that I lose a little whenever I unscrew the jar. But seriously, no product is perfect and I can deal with losing a little for the benefits. BTW - I had originally gone in to buy TF's Primed and Poreless powder and the SA recommended this instead. I'm glad she did because it works great and it is TWICE the amount of product for the same price as the TF P&P! Will definitely repurchase.

on 3/15/2011 10:18:00 PM

I have combination skin that gets shiny (though not greasy) through the T-zone no matter the season. No powder has ever been able to stop that, until I tried this one. It evens out my complexion so nicely and feels fresh and silky all day. Sometimes I even use it alone without any other makeup, as it makes my skin look so healthy.

on 3/1/2011 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

This is the best powder I had ever used. It is a must. I have incredibly oily, oily skin. Even in the winter I look like I have sweat dripping off my face (Gross, I know). This powder controls my oil, it keeps me matte all day, but I still look natural, It is amazing and totally worth the price. The packaging is very, very nice. A little goes a long way with this product. There is a little hole in the middle of the product that very nicely controls how much comes out. I will but this over and over and over again.